PDA

View Full Version : Bars

chip
August 22nd, 2019, 05:27
So of all the gay bars in the Silom area, which of them is most likely to have MB. I know I can find some on Gay Romeo, but the endless back and forth, easier just to meet some in the bar, do a quick chat and make a decision.

Wolzek
August 22nd, 2019, 05:39
You mean there are moneyboys in the Silom bars?! I might inform you that prostitution is illegal in Thailand.

chip
August 22nd, 2019, 08:00
And so is writing stupid replies :rolleyes:

Manforallseasons
August 22nd, 2019, 08:28
chip, I believe you know your question is moronic and you are merely goading members to reply. (Trolling)

Smiles
August 22nd, 2019, 08:39
A bit early to call a new member a troll don't you think?. To me it was simply a not-well-put query.

Anyway, Chip take a gander at a map of Silom/Suraong area. It's pretty well up to date. The red dots are definitely ~ as you call them ~ smothered in MB's.

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?20855-Map-of-Silom-Suriwongse-Venues-of-interest-(2019)

frequent
August 22nd, 2019, 08:39
So of all the gay bars in the Silom area, which of them is most likely to have MB. I know I can find some on Gay Romeo, but the endless back and forth, easier just to meet some in the bar, do a quick chat and make a decision.Think about it the other way round - of all the gay bars in the Silom area, which of them is most likely not to have MB? Any? None that I know of

frequent
August 22nd, 2019, 08:40
A bit early to call a new member a troll don't you think?I assumed the latest thread that MFAS started could be classed as "trolling"

chip
August 22nd, 2019, 09:42
I don't appreciate whatever his name is, his accusation regarding me. I apologize if this person does not like the way I put my question, perhaps this person has issues. Can't please everyone I guess. Will take my questions elsewhere. Thanks to those that replied to all my inquires, I do appreciate it.

chip
August 22nd, 2019, 09:45
A bit early to call a new member a troll don't you think?. To me it was simply a not-well-put query.

Anyway, Chip take a gander at a map of Silom/Suraong area. It's pretty well up to date. The red dots are definitely ~ as you call them ~ smothered in MB's.

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?20855-Map-of-Silom-Suriwongse-Venues-of-interest-(2019)

Thank you, your reply is appreciated.

frequent
August 22nd, 2019, 09:54
I don't appreciate whatever his name is, his accusation regarding me. I apologize if this person does not like the way I put my question, perhaps this person has issues.He lives in Pattaya - say no more

a447
August 22nd, 2019, 13:46
Welcome to the board, chip.

Please don't be discouraged - it sometimes takes a few posts before members determine in their own minds if a newbie is genuine or not.

Smiles
August 22nd, 2019, 15:34
MFAS should just fuck off if he thinks it's best to stamp on new members as trolls as quickly as humanly possible. In this case, this name calling was just the 4th post in.
Let's see ... I think I said fuck off Undaunted/MFAS. Yep, just fuck off.

frequent
August 22nd, 2019, 15:55
MFAS should just fuck off if he thinks it's best to stamp on new members as trolls as quickly as humanly possible. Be fair Smiles. Everyone needs a hobby. After all, lonelywombat, gerefan2 and Chao Na/sglad all assert that I have never been to Thailand, and I'm always happy to indulge the little people

Smiles
August 22nd, 2019, 16:11
"Be fair Smiles"And you ... just fuck off as well.

arsenal
August 22nd, 2019, 16:23
Welcome the to the board young Chip fella-me-lad. You'll find us a warm and friendly bunch here who like nothing more than a glass of cider and a good chin wag.

Last one in the go go bar is a sissy.

frequent
August 22nd, 2019, 16:26
And you ... just fuck off as well.Definitely worth a "Like"

gerefan2
August 22nd, 2019, 21:21
He lives in Pattaya - say no more

So you know where he lives, I know where he lives and the rest of the board knows where he lives. In Pattaya which is in Thailand, not in some lonely solitary hovel in cyberland, or is it Texas, Sydney or some other place?

chip
August 22nd, 2019, 21:49
Geez, did not know I would start a word fight when I posted this. I thought getting along is the name of the game in this forum, or is this all in fun at each other.

arsenal
August 22nd, 2019, 22:00
Too much cider.

Manforallseasons
August 22nd, 2019, 23:47
MFAS should just fuck off if he thinks it's best to stamp on new members as trolls as quickly as humanly possible. In this case, this name calling was just the 4th post in.
Let's see ... I think I said fuck off Undaunted/MFAS. Yep, just fuck off.

Not all, only the obvious ones......You don’t hear me saying anything about sglad!

frequent
August 23rd, 2019, 10:54
... not in some lonely solitary hovel in cyberland, or is it Texas, Sydney or some other place?They seek him, they seek him there, those gerefans seek him everywhere.
Is he in Texas or maybe Silom, that damned elusive frequent man?

Smiles
August 23rd, 2019, 20:16
And we don't even know if you're a man, much less an elusive one.
Message boards can be bitches.

dinagam
August 31st, 2019, 14:29
Walking along Patpong on Thursday evening, I noticed that both Chill Out Bar and Superboyz were closed, while Sweet Banana was yet to be another casualty with Wirat faithfully waiting outside the door in his oversized jacket.
I hope frequent can confirm the latest developments.

frequent
August 31st, 2019, 14:57
And we don't even know if you're a man, much less an elusive one.
Message boards can be bitches.Ah, bitches:

frequent
August 31st, 2019, 14:59
Walking along Patpong on Thursday evening, I noticed that both Chill Out Bar and Superboyz were closed, while Sweet Banana was yet to be another casualty with Wirat faithfully waiting outside the door in his oversized jacket. I hope frequent can confirm the latest developments.Since even I have some standards - any place beginning with 'P' is out-of-bounds - you'll have to wait for someone else to give any confirmation required

Oliver2
August 31st, 2019, 16:29
Chill Out Bar's location, hidden behind stalls selling fake watches and T shirts, seemed an odd choice.

Phred
September 1st, 2019, 09:09
I think the OP must mean bars like Telephone or Balcony, not go go or host bars.

A good question.

frequent
September 1st, 2019, 11:24
I think the OP must mean bars like Telephone or Balcony, not go go or host bars.

A good question.Which I have already answered but for those who find scrolling back through posts a challenge I'll repeat it. The more pertinent question is how many of those bars don't have MB? The answer is almost none. I think Connections and Stranger, being so small, wouldn't have MBs as customers because the opportunities would be so few. Otherwise, they're like rats. As it's said of rats, incorrectly (https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-20716625), you're always within a couple of metres of a MB in the Soi 4 area (rats too, if you look carefully)

Moses
September 1st, 2019, 14:25
I think Connections and Stranger, being so small, wouldn't have MBs as customers because the opportunities would be so few.

Stranger has another business-model. M (owner) doesn't wants presence of MB in his bar, so he makes his bar non-welcoming to MB.

frequent
September 1st, 2019, 14:31
Stranger has another business-model. M (owner) doesn't wants presence of MB in his bar, so he makes his bar non-welcoming to MB.LOL. It's so small and has so few customers most of the time you'd wonder why a hungry MB would bother

Patanawet
September 1st, 2019, 14:59
LOL. It's so small and has so few customers most of the time you'd wonder why a hungry MB would bother

Frequent your message was about The Stranger Bar.
Have you ever been to Soi 4?
Stranger is indeed only a one shophouse establishment.
However, it is packed to the doors (or to be pedantic -curtains) every night of the week. Just view or try to pass by between the shows when customers come outside to smoke.
I base my comments on visiting Soi 4 several nights a week and leaving close to closing time. Even at this time, there are still performances happening and often Connections has many customers (and often not).
Maybe business boys are put off by Stranger's policy of compulsory purchase of 2 drinks.

frequent
September 1st, 2019, 17:50
Frequent your message was about The Stranger Bar.
Have you ever been to Soi 4?
Stranger is indeed only a one shophouse establishment.
However, it is packed to the doors (or to be pedantic -curtains) every night of the week. Just view or try to pass by between the shows when customers come outside to smoke.
I base my comments on visiting Soi 4 several nights a week and leaving close to closing time. Even at this time, there are still performances happening and often Connections has many customers (and often not).
Maybe business boys are put off by Stranger's policy of compulsory purchase of 2 drinks.
More precisely Patanawet, apparently it gets busy late at night - I sleep early. On the other hand as everyone knows I’ve never been to Thailand or Pattaya

Patanawet
September 2nd, 2019, 17:56
More precisely Patanawet, apparently it gets busy late at night
Indeed frequent.
The soi is generally quiet before about 9:30 and peaks at about 10:30.

I think that the shows at Stranger start about 9:30 and fairly continuous till closing. A bit more than bar prices and compulsory minimum 2 drinks purchase.
Show at Telephone at 10:30 Wednesdays and Sundays.15 minutes duration. Normal prices.
Shows at Balcony at 10:45 Fridays and Saturdays. Starting and finishing with Coyote dancers. Show duration about one hour. Normal prices.
Show at Jupiter (I think at 10:30) after midnight.changes to karaoke . I think 500 Baht per drink.
Show at Banana Club Room, above 'Banana Bar on 4' (from Twilight Fresh Boys). Not sure of times. Cheaper than other gogo bars at 300 Baht per drink.
If anyone has more accurate timings or prices, please feel free to correct.

Keith
September 3rd, 2019, 00:28
Banana Bar on 4 shows are 10.10(!), and 12.00

Patanawet
September 3rd, 2019, 02:07
Thanks Keith.
In fact, Banana Bar on the ground floor, as far as I know, has no shows but upstairs there is the ex Twilight Fresh Boys initially called Banana Boys but now it is Banana Room Club.
Oddly Banana on 4 (the ground floor) hasn't had it's illuminated name sign on for several weeks but is certainly still open and seems to be very popular..

frequent
September 3rd, 2019, 04:49
Indeed frequent.
The soi is generally quiet before about 9:30 and peaks at about 10:30.

I think that the shows at Stranger start about 9:30 and fairly continuous till closing. A bit more than bar prices and compulsory minimum 2 drinks purchase.Attending occupational therapy for lip-synching cross-dressers aka. drag shows has never been a hobby of mine. It is, however, a thin line between what is and isn't a MB - the OP's question, after all. I've "had" one of Stranger's waiters in exchange for money on a few occasions (matinees you understand, not during their working hours). They're easy enough to chat up in the early evening

Patanawet
September 3rd, 2019, 13:06
I've "had" one of Stranger's waiters in exchange for money on a few occasions (matinees you understand, not during their working hours). They're easy enough to chat up in the early evening

Looking for a WOW !!! emoji

frequent
September 3rd, 2019, 14:00
Looking for a WOW !!! emojiI'm merely responding to Moses' assertion that the owner of Strangers "makes money boys unwelcome". He probably purses his lips as well

Keith
September 3rd, 2019, 15:05
One of the MB that I meet in Bangkok is currently working at Strangers Bar. I met him there for a drink. Apologies for my txt 're Banana Bar, I meant the show upstairs.