PDA

View Full Version : Best Go-Go bars/clubs for gay males in Bangkok (Aug 2019) with reviews?

BigSlimLA
August 13th, 2019, 14:04
Can someone please list the best "Go-Go" bars/clubs for gay males in Bangkok (Aug 2019) and provide reviews (similar to what Moses posted for massage shops (https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?19429-Bangkok-list-of-massage-shops-with-reviews), or a link to the best current resource for this information. Thank you very much!!!

Dimsumbear
August 13th, 2019, 22:39
The sticky posts on top of the forum would give you a great start. Bangkok is an amazing place though it’s not cheap anymore. Pattaya i am yet to discover in sept.

Smiles
August 14th, 2019, 08:20
You might take a look at this post on Gaybutton. Very recent and very detailed.

Here are my biased unscientific reviews:

Moonlight: The original location of Jupiter. Suriwong soi 2. They did not renovate anything, just changed ownership. Industrial motif, uncomfortable seating and some seats have visual obstructions of the stage. No smoking. Shows are erotic, sex, ladyboy lip sync and amateur dancing by attractive boys. Most of the boys on stage are on the masculine side and some "models" have a high price tag. Customer base mostly Asian.

G Club: Location of the Heartbeat Club soi Wall street off Suriwong. The relocation of X-Size The renovation was haphazard and what was a modern club club was turned into a old looking a go-go with a lot of wasted space. Uncomfortable seating facing a small stage. Shows are the usual erotic and sex with ladyboy lip sync. Boys on the masculine side. Smoking

Screw Boys: Same location Patpong 2 lower walkway. Strange design with angled seats but mostly comfortable. A caldron of smoking. Show are mostly ladyboy lip sync but recently some new sex shows. Lots of twinks but most are Vietnamese. The rest are middle of the road. Sometimes under prices the other bars. Customer base mixed leaning Asian. It's being billed as the new Screw Boys, looks just like the old Screw Boys.

Fresh Boys: Second floor of PP2. Quite a clean and modern renovation. Lots of bench seating on three sides facing the stage. Smoking but decent ventilation. The usual sex shows and ladyboy sync. Good mix of middle of the range boys and a lot of talent in the big Cock show--still doing the pole trick.

Hotmale: The last bar to relocate. Second floor PP2. There's a nice balcony bar with drinks starting at 120B with hosts. The renovation was haphazard and looks unfinished with uneven floors and mix and match seating. Exactly the same shows as the old place with same performers and generally no lady boy sync. Boys middle of the road mostly. Smoking but ok ventilation. No waiters, the mamasans double as a waiters.

Lucky Boys: This is the combined staff of Classic and X Boys. This is the largest gay a go-go. Big high stage--front seats are too low. Three tiered seating with alcove tables very comfortable. Smoking but very good ventilation. Lots of fans. The shows need improvement and I'm told they are working on it. The usual sex with ladyboy sync with dancing nude boys. Twinks and middle of the road boys. The bar now seems full each night with Thai and Asian groups. I was told as the farang numbers keep dropping and the Asian and as local numbers keep rising the twinks quantity will decrease. This is not the old Classic Boys. Some twinks have already moved over to Screw Boys.

Dream Boys Paradisco: PP2 opposite Hotmale. Very small very loud mostly strange drag queen show. No smoking. Moving in a month to a larger place just to the right of present location. I hope the show gets better. It could not get any worse.

Tawan Bar: Same location entry to Suriwong soi 6. The only muscle boy bar. Frequent chuck wow shows and the usual sex format. Smoking.

Banana Boys: The relocation of Soi Twilight's Fresh boys, not to be confused with the new Fresh boys on PP2. It's on Silom soi 4. Downstairs a balcony and inside host bar and upstairs a small go go. Smoking, low ceiling and can be really bad. Quite small and not very comfortable. Same performers from Fresh Boys soi Twilight. Usual sex shows and occasional lady boy sync. Boys mostly middle of the road.

Jupiter: The end of Silom soi 4. A renovation of 4 You and several other venues over the years that did not do well but Jupiter is full most nights with almost exclusively Asian customers. The boys are all on the masculine side with some "models" Lots of lady customers. No smoking. Food and snacks available. Full with customers most nights.

Superboyz Bar: PP1 second floor small hard to see makeshift sign. This is the leftovers. The cut staff from several bars got together and moved in this former lady bar. Sex shows. No lady boys. Good luck perhaps it will make it. Clean and fresh inside and I don't know if smoking is allowed or not.

Super A, Nature and Golden Cock are still in operation with a small and eager to please staff.

Dimsumbear
August 14th, 2019, 10:46
Thanks Smile, through I am not the original requester lol

Oliver2
August 14th, 2019, 14:09
I saw a small- very small- bar, which I took to be gay in the Patpong market, on the right as you walk to Silom from Surawong. About half way. Has anyone any info?

Dimsumbear
August 14th, 2019, 15:03
I saw a small- very small- bar, which I took to be gay in the Patpong market, on the right as you walk to Silom from Surawong. About half way. Has anyone any info?

I am not sure if we are talking about the same bar. There is like a stand-alone bar among the girlie/ladyboy joints on the same Soi of the 24hr supermarket (between Silom and Surowong). The bar is small, intimate, but nothing to write home about.

Marsilius
August 16th, 2019, 14:02
When I was last in Tawan, maybe a year ago, there had been a big change. The (otherwise nude) boys were wearing Venetian-carnival-type ceramic (or probably plastic) face masks. It was no longer a sexy show with real-life guys - just plain weird.

christianpfc
August 16th, 2019, 20:35
Can someone please list the best "Go-Go" bars/clubs for gay males in Bangkok (Aug 2019)...
What is best depends on your taste and can vary from one night to the next.

moistmango
April 23rd, 2020, 22:32
Hey there, new to the forum - stuck indoors during the pandemic and missing the joys of Patpong ..

Last time when I was in BKK in Nov 2019, most of the relocated bars on PP2 seemed pretty sad. Dream Boyz was a pale shadow of its former self: the stage was interrupted midway by a massive, hulking column, and the selection of boys was paltry. Boy, did I miss the narrow stage on the second floor of the old DB locale, where you could sit right up front and look up at the meat jiggling away right above your face; the boys prancing away to tacky disco tunes in their underwear and cowboy boots really used to do it for me, but, alas, that too seemed to have vanished with the move. Lucky Boys was better - I hear Classic and X merged? Bigger space, better shows, much larger choice of company. I popped in a couple of times, made friends with one of the ladyboy mommies, and finally offed a rather delicate looking Burmese boy on my last night there. He was real pretty, but, unfortunately, turned out to be a top. So much for that. I skipped the smaller bars like Screwboy and Fresh Boys that trip, but maybe I was missing out.

Ended up spending most of my time at Moonlight. (Jupiter I only visit with the faghag bestie - boys all seem to be straight, and the female clientele annoys the hell out of me, bestie excepted.) I have a couple of regulars at ML: another Burmese lovely, who really turns me on, but is completely self-obsessed, and a young Thai cutie who claims to be straight but seems to like me enough that he once got off the stage, uninvited, when I showed up, to sit with me.

Tawan, well ……. Tawan's a whole other story. It was the first go-go bar I ever visited, when I first started hitting the Patpong circuit. This wasn't too long ago, what? 7, 8 years back - and it was a revelation for me. I spent many a starstruck night in Tawan, but, again, when I was there last year it seemed like things had rolled downhill. It was the small coterie of familiar faces, along with a number of shockingly corpulent individuals and er, mature guys. The one I offed was a year younger than me, I found out, and I'd just turned 41. Quality control had clearly gone the way of Yingluck.

Bottomline? Seems like Moonlight is where it's at these days. Though word on the grapevine is that Babe has recently left, lured by a female customer with deep pockets.