PDA

View Full Version : hotel Siem Reap and Phnom Penh

Bert
August 8th, 2019, 19:59
I know there have been some posts about this subject.
So I'm just checking more recent visitor news about hotels.
I will stay some nights in both cities (Siem Reap and PP) and would like to find a hotel where joiners are no problem.
It's not my intention to find a "gay" hotel, just a normal priced (30-50 USD max) hotel where you can meet a Cambodian friend in the room without problems.
Thanks for any advice!

goji
August 9th, 2019, 03:00
The Silver River in Phnom Penh and the Hometown Suite Hotel were both OK with guests.
The Aspara Dream hotel was OK with guests in Seam Reap.

Asia Traveler
August 9th, 2019, 06:15
Rambutan Hotel with locations in Siem Reap and Phnom Penh is gay owned and managed. No problems or fees with joiners and as long as they have proper ID that must be presented at the front desk. Staff is great at both hotels and many of staff are local gay Cambodians but not available to take to your room. The staff and managers can help with gay bar information, transportation, tours, etc. You will need to see if they have rooms that meet your need and in your price range as prices change with seasons. Hotel guests are gay and straight but you will likely find fellow gay travelers to chat with at the hotel bar.

Bert
August 9th, 2019, 18:47
Dear Asia Traveler,

Thanks for the suggestion; I read about Rambutan in Siem Reap, but I didn't know they also had a branch in Phnom penh.
I sure will have a look at their offers. I never stayed in Rambutan.
I once stayed in Men's hotel in SR.

Manforallseasons
August 15th, 2019, 19:18
I like The Blue Corner hotel near the Tool Box Bar In PP.

https://www.thebluecorner.asia/en-us

Bert
August 16th, 2019, 03:54
No problem with a joiner in the blue corner hotel?

Manforallseasons
August 16th, 2019, 15:29
No problem with a joiner in the blue corner hotel?

No problem!

paperboy
August 17th, 2019, 06:22
i always use this hotel http://okayboutiquehotel.com/home.aspx
great roo top bar and pool
around the corner from blue chilli
never a problem taking boys back
even fucked the bell boy

Manforallseasons
August 17th, 2019, 15:10
i always use this hotel http://okayboutiquehotel.com/home.aspx
great roo top bar and pool
around the corner from blue chilli
never a problem taking boys back
even fucked the bell boy

There are two active bars in PP......Blue Chilli frequented by mostly older local queens, has a horrible ladyboy lipsink show and the rather newer Toolbox Bar where the staff is young and good looking and they have dancers doing K-Pop type dance routines.

a447
August 17th, 2019, 15:37
Don't forget Space Bar in PP.

goji
August 17th, 2019, 16:16
There are two active bars in PP......Blue Chilli frequented by mostly older local queens, has a horrible ladyboy lipsink show and the rather newer Toolbox Bar where the staff is young and good looking and they have dancers doing K-Pop type dance routines.

I agree with your description of these bars. Even the deliberate misspelling of lip synch is appropriate. Blue Chilli is awful & Toolbox had some very energetic dance routines by cute staff.
Perversely, Blue Chilli was packed with customers (mostly non-gay) & Toolbox barely has enough gay customers to stay in business.

Other gay bars included Space Bar, POC & one which I cannot even remember the name of.
Only Toolbox had boys that I found attractive.

I had some success in the Love Spa Sauna.

Bert
August 18th, 2019, 03:50
Thanks paperboy, the okayboutique hotel looks very chic and posh...looks more like a temple from the outside.
Taking a friend to the room was ok, as you wrote, but did he had to show his ID at the reception?

paperboy
August 18th, 2019, 23:01
Thanks paperboy, the okayboutique hotel looks very chic and posh...looks more like a temple from the outside.
Taking a friend to the room was ok, as you wrote, but did he had to show his ID at the reception?

yes