PDA

View Full Version : Saladang Place Serviced Apts.. in Silom

August 6th, 2006, 06:06
I have stayed the over the past 4 or 5 years and seem to feel a note of hosility if I bring a boy home for the night............Has that happened to any of you there....It is a wonderful location (meaning close to Tawan Bar), has a swwimpoo and close to a very good Italian restaturant. All plues..but I still fell funny with Icome home with tbaar bor..

August 6th, 2006, 06:18
somebody had a few gins tonight lol?

wowpow
August 6th, 2006, 06:52
Saladang Place used to be very popular with Gay people. It was under priced, a convenient location and a good place. New management took over during the SARS scare and they upped the prices and started to charge joiner's fees. I have not heard anything about it lately but your experiences do not surprise.

August 6th, 2006, 10:32
I remember the orgies I used to throw there... the views are spectacular and the king sized beds were nice and firm. One of the channels in the room used to be the CCTV at the lobby so you can actually screen the boys that come into the place. Pity the current management has turned it into a overpriced, japanese whore house.

Try the Colonnade instead. Same location just a little further down the road... and nicer furnishings.

August 6th, 2006, 10:55
Saladang Place is still 75% gay. It's especially popular among Taiwanese boys. Never heard complaints of any "attitude" from staff. But it's a mystery to me why one would give a half second's thought to any "attitude" coming from a lowly front desk clerk. I mean, who cares?

TrongpaiExpat
August 6th, 2006, 13:01
Saladang Place is still 75% gay. It's especially popular among Taiwanese boys

So, a 800B joiner fee does not scare off all gays? Are they still charging joiners?

I used to stay there when it was more like a serviced apartment. At night there was no one in the lobby working at the desk at all.

August 6th, 2006, 14:44
Sorry, I have no idea about joiners fees. But my gay Taiwanese friends will stay nowhere else.

August 6th, 2006, 14:55
Is it possible that most Asian guys who stay at the Saladang Place and at the other hotels cruise at saunas more than off go-go boys ? The joiners' fee does not therefore bother them.

allieb
August 6th, 2006, 16:54
Don't bother with the Saladaeng Place its overpriced and I have heard many reports of frowns when you drag back. As boygenious said "who cares what a front desk clerk thinks, I agree but who needs that shit when your on holliday.

Stay at The Chin House 25 floor building just up the road near the Italian restaurant very gay friendly and reasonable prices. Studio 2,000 one bedromm apartment 3000 and 2 bedroom apartment 4,000. Very nice restaurent in an ajacent building in the grounds. which will do room service till midinght. I have stayed there on every trip to BKK and on one trip came with 11 other queens from Saudi we had an entire floor.

August 6th, 2006, 18:52
Stayed at Saladaeng Place last year for several nights.

Good points: location, pool, price
Bad points: Just OK breakfast, infestation of ants, Filthy common area carpeting, hot water temp. control

I don't know about joiner's fee being applied.

While I was there a new residential building was nearing completion on opposite side of street. Does any know if that building is a new serviced apartment complex?