PDA

View Full Version : Getting Logged out

gerefan2
July 27th, 2019, 01:42
I am getting logged out many times whilst browsing the forums. Why?

Also when I make a post and hit Submit and it tells me i am forbidden to post it because I am not logged in.

But I AM logged in according to the top of the page.

So I log in and lose the fucking post.

I am now reduced to having to save each post so that I do not have to re-write it.

Damn.... it happened again with this post and I have just spent wasted time re-writing it.

Mr Moses....what the hell is going on??

Nirish guy
July 27th, 2019, 02:04
Just for clarity Moses ( as I'd mentioned to you) I too am having exactly the same issues - although I notice my phone stays logged in just fine - so I wonder is it a particular browser issue perhaps ??

* PS Moses I did do as you suggests and it did "appear" to help for a while and I appeared to have stayed logged in on my screen, but as Gerefan said above once I then went to post it either denied my access, or I got a blank screen or I was logged out or simply nothing at all happened and my post didn't go.

Like Gerefan I too have taken to "copying" my post now so I can at least log in again ( as I seemingly have too) and then paste my post back in and THEN it does go.

And Moses - just to be clear no one is having a "dig" - we understand you're doing what you need to do to protect the board and your server from Bot's etc, I'm sure no one has any issue with that - but there does seem to be "some" glitch kicking in somewhere - and IF it's going to remain then at least we'll all maybe be better knowing that so we WILL start copying and saving posts etc as it's soul destroying to lose same after sitting typing it out of course.

* Edit - and just to confuse things even more THIS post went perfectly first time !! All very weird eh .....

Moses
July 27th, 2019, 02:50
Ok, members who have the same issue, please write here your browser and device model (for phone/tablets) or just tell PC or Mac.

frequent
July 27th, 2019, 04:17
Windows 10 Pro, latest build, Chrome AND iPhone 8 latest iOS, Safari

arsenal
July 27th, 2019, 06:49
I post something. Then I decide to edit but what happens is the post is deleted. I blame the bouncing balls.

dinagam
July 27th, 2019, 09:40
I practically never edit my posts (warts and all), but somehow managed to get through the three bouncing black balls most of the time.

colmx
July 29th, 2019, 02:40
Win 10 IE 11 here.
I get the bouncing balls every time I visit the site and after ~5 minutes of inactivity.
If I am posting a long PM or a post I get the bouncing balls as soon as I submit... I subsequently lose my post unless I have copied it to clipboard first

christianpfc
July 29th, 2019, 21:56
No problems here. PC with Windows 7 and firefox.

gerefan2
July 30th, 2019, 03:57
Still getting the same problems but only on PC.
Ipad seems ok

gerefan2
August 5th, 2019, 22:40
Mr Moses...any news? This is still a big problem when making posts. It seems to be getting worse.
Where have the bouncing balls at Gaybutton gone?

Moses
August 5th, 2019, 23:18
Balls on SGT are switched off about one week already. I have no idea why you still meet that screen. Please clear your browser's cache and check your comp/phone for viruses.

I moved GB to another my server. There balls are switched off as well.

gerefan2
August 6th, 2019, 06:09
I am still being logged out when I write posts and also after 5 to 10 minutes. only on home computer, not Ipad. Any ideas?

Moses
August 6th, 2019, 18:34
I am still being logged out when I write posts and also after 5 to 10 minutes. only on home computer, not Ipad. Any ideas?

what OS and browser?

for now just general advice: check your browser manual, log out, close browser's window with SGT and clean cache and cookies, then restart your comp, login and tick "remember me"