PDA

View Full Version : Getting cut meat

frequent
July 26th, 2019, 10:54
For those of us who sometimes prefer our meat circumcised, the Middle East should be a magnet, as both Jews and Muslims practice male circumcision. However the UK Foreign Office puts a bit of a dampener on those hopes in its travel advisory for "The Occupied Palestinian Territories" ie both Israel and Palestine:
Israeli law does not criminalise same-sex sexual relations between consenting adults. Same-sex sexual activity is legal in the West Bank but is illegal in Gaza, where it carries a 10 year prison sentence. Attitudes towards LGBT issues within some parts of society can be hostile. All public displays of affection, regardless of the gender or sexuality of those involved, may attract negative attention in more conservative areas. Homosexuality is largely taboo in Palestinian society.

Tel Aviv has a large, active LGBT community and is famous for its annual Pride Parade. An annual Pride Parade is also held in Jerusalem, but there has been a heavy security presence at the event since a fatal stabbing occurred during the 2015 parade. You should exercise extra vigilance if attending. See our information and advice page for the LGBT community before you travel.None of this bodes well for our very own Olly's valiant attempts to organise Palestine Pride. Here's the proposed flag - what do you think?

dinagam
July 26th, 2019, 12:11
The flag reminds me of a section of Sunee where "cut meat" is readily available from the riders of noisy motorbikes...

frequent
July 26th, 2019, 12:20
The flag reminds me of a section of Sunee where "cut meat" is readily available from the riders of noisy motorbikes...I was think an alternative flag might be the vanilla Palestinian one but changing the colour of the triangle from red to pink