PDA

View Full Version : I've not even met him, why am I supporting him?

cdnmatt
July 23rd, 2019, 15:50
Really, never met the guy in my life, and here I find myself buying him a new iPhone because his got wrecked due to water damage...

Good stufff...

cdnmatt
July 23rd, 2019, 15:56
On top of that, I already know going forward, I never even get ot have sex with the guy.

I'm just beinc nice for the sake of being nice.

What the fuck?

Manforallseasons
July 23rd, 2019, 18:16
:(

gerefan2
July 23rd, 2019, 18:44
As arsenal said in another thread, it’s the hot weather getting to people...

sglad
July 23rd, 2019, 19:30
I've not even met him, why am I supporting him?

Because the script for this season calls for it. The storyline will draw more viewers to SGT which may indirectly benefit the businesses attached to it.

Hope the ratings go through the roof!

Brad the Impala
July 24th, 2019, 00:10
Optimistic to think this will draw people in. More likely to achieve that is all the handsome young men photos that Moses posts........oh, I haven't seen those in a while now, more please!

Dimsumbear
July 24th, 2019, 06:16
Canadians are just nicer. Or it's the hot weather? Or you owed him something from your last life? Either way it's all good and let's move on

Nirish guy
July 24th, 2019, 15:23
You could have waited and just delivered the phone by hand as sure you've told us about 10 times now that you'll be departing for Asia again any day now!?

cdnmatt
July 24th, 2019, 15:31
You could have waited and just delivered the phone by hand as sure you've told us about 10 times now that you'll be departing for Asia again any day now!?

I've been working 100 hour weeks for longer than I care to remember, thank you. Things are finally looking up, I should be back in Asia shortly.

And by the looks of things, will have a really sweet, down to earth, caring and trustworthy set of working eyes waiting for me. Good, because I will need that.

frequent
July 24th, 2019, 15:45
I've been working 100 hour weeks for longer than I care to remember, thank you.Apart from that one week when you were in Immigration detention?

cdnmatt
July 24th, 2019, 15:50
That was like 16 months ago. Old news, dude, get with the times.

Besides, go look at the news reports over the past year, I'm hardly the only person. The junta has been rounding up and deporting foreigners like crazy. Now all the latest news reports these days are people scratching their head, wondering where all the "tourist dollars" went. Go figure.

If you want more foreign money being spent in your localities, then quick deporting and black listing all the forigners!

Nirish guy
July 24th, 2019, 16:01
I think you'll be shocked at the amount of foreign money being spent in Thailand on your eventual return - but it's certainly not western money - that they could care less about now. Its telling that all the adverts for condos and many restaurants etc even are now in Chinese, Arabic or Russian (still.

So I doubt the Thai authorities are going to throw open their immigration gates to allow a ( trickle ) of white guys to come and spend their ever decreasing pension pots any time soon I fear, quite the opposite I'm guessing and more can expect to be given short shift to encourage them to leave ( by choice or otherwise ) more like !

frequent
July 24th, 2019, 16:07
That was like 16 months ago. Old news, dude, get with the times.Right, so you've been working more than 100 hours a a week for as long as you can remember ... but not in the week you were locked up in Immigration prison. So does that mean you've only been working 100 hours a week for the last 16 months, or/and 16 months is the longest period you can remember?

Nirish guy
July 24th, 2019, 16:12
I've been working 100 hour weeks for longer than I care to remember, thank you.

So, basically your choice not to be in Asia then just now as you decided to stay int he west after all then and not return the other 10 times you'd talked about it. OK.

I should be back in Asia shortly.

I guess based on your last number of posted dates saying I'll be leaving on X date "shortly' can only be taken as a very relative statement though as to what you think the word shortly actually means !

francois
July 24th, 2019, 16:19
Stay the course,matt.

cdnmatt
July 24th, 2019, 17:21
I think you'll be shocked at the amount of foreign money being spent in Thailand on your eventual return - but it's certainly not western money - that they could care less about now. Its telling that all the adverts for condos and many restaurants etc even are now in Chinese, Arabic or Russian (still.

So I doubt the Thai authorities are going to throw open their immigration gates to allow a ( trickle ) of white guys to come and spend their ever decreasing pension pots any time soon I fear, quite the opposite I'm guessing and more can expect to be given short shift to encourage them to leave ( by choice or otherwise ) more like !

I don't know, but for example, just checked my Gmail account, and sure enough another one:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1113626-tourism-in-northern-thailand-decimated-worst-in-ten-years-say-hoteliers/?utm_source=newsletter-20190724-1238&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

"Tourism in Northern Thailand Decimated - Worst in 10 Years"

I'll admit, I could be totally off base here as I don't really stay up to date with this shit as I'm still in Canada, but that type of e-mail notification has been a daily occurrence for me for months now.

Who knows, maybe it's just "fake news" put on by ThaiVisa. Or maybe tourism is just down the shitter, who knows.

I do know that although the military junta may not like me very much, I'm very certain the locals in my previous neighborhood in Khon Kaen would be thrilled to see me again, due to the money I would be spending at their shops.

frequent
July 24th, 2019, 17:39
I do know that although the military junta may not like me very much, I'm very certain the locals in my previous neighborhood in Khon Kaen would be thrilled to see me again, due to the money I would be spending at their shops.Sadly for them you won’t be back for years and years. Perhaps they can sell you things on Amazon and you can take delivery in Vientiane - always assuming Amazon take Bitcoin these days

cdnmatt
July 24th, 2019, 17:43
If that's all you're mentally capable of coming up with, you really need to get out more frequent. Open your mind, expand your horizons, dude! :)

Smiles
July 24th, 2019, 18:09
If that's all you're mentally capable of coming up with, you really need to get out more frequent. Open your mind, expand your horizons, dude! :)If Frequent is not quite mentally capable - sometimes I wonder about that also - you are a master of cliche at all times and the rolling-of-eyes is the norm by those who bother about you at all.

"Expandable horizons" indeed, it is to guffaw. And good god: "you need to get out more" ?? Shite ... the kindergarten.
I shall not bother to get into the 'dude' thing.

frequent
July 25th, 2019, 05:53
... expand your horizons ...I did visit Vientiane 16 or 17 years ago - does that count?

cdnmatt
July 25th, 2019, 07:06
Sadly for them you won’t be back for years and years. Perhaps they can sell you things on Amazon and you can take delivery in Vientiane - always assuming Amazon take Bitcoin these days

It's not that long away, only a lttle over 3.5 years from now. April 2023 I'm allowed back.

Keep the moneyboy scene going guys! I'll begin doing my part again in a few short years.

joe552
July 25th, 2019, 09:52
I believe that NIrish is a successful businessman (although I don't know what his business is). I don't think he needs to work 100 hours a week to be able to travel whenever the fancy takes him. So Matt, why do you need to work 100 hours?

cdnmatt
July 25th, 2019, 11:21
I believe that NIrish is a successful businessman (although I don't know what his business is). I don't think he needs to work 100 hours a week to be able to travel whenever the fancy takes him. So Matt, why do you need to work 100 hours?

Joe, no disrespect intended here, but I wouldn't exactly expect you to understand what's involved in establishing, operating, and maintining a successful business operation.

One main part is I had a re-train myself, which is the main reason I'm still in Canada. I had the same main client for about 9 years, and he was the serial entrepreneur type, hence kept me with a constant influx of never ending work. Due to that, I got lazy, didn't bother staying up to date with latest technologies, as I always concentrated on all the day-to-day work I had in front of me.

Upon going blind, I naturally took a few months off work, and upon returning, my main client had vanished along with my main income source. To this day I have yet to hear from him, and all of sites are still offline, so no idea if he's dead, in jail, retired and went off the grid, or who knows.

When I began actively trying to source new clients again, I quickly realized I was totally out of date, and have basically spent the past ~16 months quickly putting myself through university again. I'm now fully retrained on all the latest technologies and methodologies, ready to go again, and things are looking very good. Not to mention, this whole blind thing threw a bit of a wrench into things, as little difficult to sell quality software when you can't even see what you're selling. Thankfully, I've been able to secure enough contracts to bring a designer on board, and get all the design flaws fixed up, and the front-end of the software looking as high quality as the back-end code is.

Not to mention, and I could be wrong, but I think NIrish's business is local, hence he's only competing with other businesses in his locality. My business is online, hence I'm competing with everyone else on this globe. If I want to make decent money, I have to provide superior quality and service for the money compared to everyone else on this globe of ours, because if I don't, people will just take their business elsewhere. On the hlip side, if I do my job properly, there's a WHOLE lot of money out there for the taking.

frequent
July 25th, 2019, 11:43
I believe that NIrish is a successful businessman (although I don't know what his business is). I don't think he needs to work 100 hours a week to be able to travel whenever the fancy takes him. So Matt, why do you need to work 100 hours?It’s an obvious question but if Matt has been working 100 hours a week for as long as he can remember, where has all the money gone? It’s not as if he has, for example, employees or offices to maintain

Smiles
July 25th, 2019, 11:46
First this:
"...I should be back in Asia shortly ..." Then this:
"...It's not that long away, only a little over 3.5 years from now. ..."Here we are almost in 2020 and nowadays it seems that "shortly" is the new "3.5 years". Sweet.

Smiles
July 25th, 2019, 13:12
"Joe, no disrespect intended here, but I wouldn't exactly expect you to understand what's involved in establishing, operating, and maintining (sp) a successful business operation."Translation: shut up Joe and mind your own fucking business.
I, Cdnmatt, know everything, you know nothing.
Nirish knows nothing.
The rest of this board knows positively zero.
The population of this planet knows a whole lot less than nothing.
The Big Bang knows zilch.
Hmmm, who's left? (I think I know, but I'm not saying.)

cdnmatt
July 25th, 2019, 14:44
Smiles, it's been about a year since I've directly responded to one of your posts. For how much longer are you going to continue talking to a wall, before you realize that your opinion is meaningless to me?

Right now, you're kind of like the old dude who yells at the pigeons in the park, while everyone silently puts their head down and walks by.

Nirish guy
July 25th, 2019, 14:55
I could be wrong, but I think NIrish's business is local, hence he's only competing with other businesses in his locality. My business is online, hence I'm competing with everyone else on this globe..

Without getting into this conversation much if YOU think that just about ANY business is still "local" in this day and age Matt then it's YOU who is very much mistaken. Whether it be your local taxi company having to compete with Uber or your local food takeaway on your street corner having to compete with "just eats" ( here in the UK at least) or your local grocer or electrical retailer having to complete with online delivery companies I can barely think of an industry left that isn't competing with much wider forces than just 'local" these days.

In my own case I can assure you that my business HAS to compete for business yes both locally, but also online on multiple web platforms and also against competitors both from right across Europe and in fact I lost a job just this month to an American Company who competed against us for a contract, and this was for a N.Irish customer here and the US Company won !

So, as I said your thinking of your business model being something different or unique from most of the rest of the businesses out there is maybe somewhat behind the times if seems and it's maybe not just your IT skills you're going to have to rethink there it seems.

cdnmatt
July 25th, 2019, 15:10
You know what I meant. For example, if I decide I want to go out for dinner, I have a few dozen choices available to me in the city I'm in.

If I decide I want to contract out to a web designer though, then I have about 20 million potentials to choose from.

Nirish guy
July 25th, 2019, 15:36
You know what I meant. For example, if I decide I want to go out for dinner, I have a few dozen choices available to me in the city I'm in.

If I decide I want to contract out to a web designer though, then I have about 20 million potentials to choose from.

Based on your above I think perhaps you should investigate the local restaurant trade as a suitable alternative to your job as if I'd 20 million competitors all doing the same thing as me ( and for cheaper I assume as you'll need a western salary for now at least) I think I'd be worried, especially as your knowledge as you say is now simply no better or different than that of any new fresh college graduate in your chosen field and also with your added "challenges" re blindness etc well, that burger flipping stall is starting to sound a much safer bet for long term safety net income .....and that's a trade that truly transferable too of course as I assume they also eat street food where you're going in Asia too !?

Actually did you not set your ex up with a noodle stall before ? See, there you go you're already ahead of the curve in terms of experience for the role ! :-) You can thank me later when you've opened your 100th Matt's Burger and Noodle Emporium and are onto your 4th Million, whilst all those 20 million broke web developers are still scraping around trying to undercut each other to make a living ! Anyway, this whole internet thing, if you ask me, it's never going to catch on anyway, more just a fad that will come and go, no better stick to the burgers Matt, trust me, you'll thank me later ! lol

Smiles
July 25th, 2019, 15:44
" ... Smiles, it's been about a year since I've directly responded to one of your posts. For how much longer are you going to continue talking to a wall... "Forever mate, forever.
Pelosi said a few weeks ago while being interviewed regarding Trump's longevity: " ... as long (as that asshole) is here, I'll be here ... "
So carry on ...

joe552
July 25th, 2019, 16:18
cdnmatt, just while I think of it - if you're buying a phone for a guy you've never met and will never have sex with, you can buy me one. Thanks very much.

Nirish guy
July 25th, 2019, 16:35
Hey and while you're at it Matt my bf is insistent that my iPhone 6 ( not even 6S just 6) is prehistoric now and he's said that he's basically ashamed to be seen out with me when I use it ( or maybe that's more just a general feeling that he has these days I dont know :-) - either way, if Joe is getting a new phone from you then I'd be grateful if you'd add my name to that list too - as things are quite tight at the minute, you know what with all this worldwide competition and all ! :-)

PS I see the revised Samsung Galaxy fold is just about to be released at about £2000 - so if you're quick I think you might be able to pro order one for me - dont worry about Joe re that - actually to save you a few quid I could send him my old iPhone 6 if you want - as lets face it we can tell him it's a £2000 phone and he'll never know the difference anyway eh ! lol

Oh and pps - seeing you're splashing out on that great phone for me, it goes without saying that I'll be needing a 5G contract to go along with that. Thanks, much appreciated, see, this is why you're earning the big bucks doing that whole intern web thing or whatever it is you do whilst I'm stuck here forced to keep it local ! :-)

cdnmatt
July 25th, 2019, 17:22
cdnmatt, just while I think of it - if you're buying a phone for a guy you've never met and will never have sex with, you can buy me one. Thanks very much.

Are you going to help me get situated in a new house, find my way around, get me acquainted with the area and shops, connect me with local tuk-tuk drivers and their phone numbers, take me shopping when I need it, come with me to Kuala Lumpur when needed for dental surgery and to the VISA, come with me to Taiwan, Cyprus and Hong Kong for business meetings, and just all around be there when I need a set of working eyes?

Didn't think so...

christianpfc
July 25th, 2019, 20:40
Is that a job offer? I take the job!

arsenal
July 25th, 2019, 20:47
You're not qualified Christian. You lack the pre-requisite kick arse chilli and turkey dinner cooking skills. I propose MFAS.

cdnmatt
July 26th, 2019, 04:34
Is that a job offer? I take the job!

No, I'm not an equal opportunity employer. This job is specifically reserved for a young, cute, sweet, gay Asian dude.

joe552
July 26th, 2019, 04:40
I would certainly have taken the job if it were offered. I'm very disappointed.

And NIrish, your phone has probably been to places I don't even want to think about.

Nirish guy
July 26th, 2019, 05:40
your phone has probably been to places I don't even want to think about.

Which is why it remains permanently on "vibrate" as you just never know the minute ! And like all good boy scouts one should always be prepared ! lol

christianpfc
July 26th, 2019, 21:07
No, I'm not an equal opportunity employer. This job is specifically reserved for a young, cute, sweet, gay Asian dude.
I thought so. But your OP did not state any of this.

Good luck finding one, and him getting all the visas to accompany you on your trips.

gerefan2
July 27th, 2019, 01:18
This job is specifically reserved for a young, cute, sweet, gay Asian dude.

Out of curiosity...how would you know?

Standing by for a barrage of insults...

Nirish guy
July 27th, 2019, 01:57

You'll be hearing from my solicitor directly as I've already instructed him to start racial discrimination action against you immediately, I'm gutted as I've already handed in my notice in work and EVERYTHING so I could come and be your unpaid lacky.

* God it's been ages since someone threatened to sue someone else on the board, I almost miss Neals rants ( NOT) :)

cdnmatt
July 27th, 2019, 04:47
hahaha, I forgot all about Neil until you mentioned him.

I always enjoyed the times he forgot which account he was logged in with, and would post this huge public tirade using the wrong account.

cdnmatt
July 27th, 2019, 07:05
I thought so. But your OP did not state any of this.

Good luck finding one, and him getting all the visas to accompany you on your trips.

I already have one, and have been talking to him multiple times a day for about 8 months. Did you not read the OP where I just bought the guy a new iPhone?

He doesn't love me though, or at least is unwilling to say he does, and still not sure what to make of that. On the one hand, it's quite good, because it means he's unwilling to lie to me, hence isn't some piece of shit who will lie to me in order to get into my wallet. On the other hand, I'm blind, so if and when I hop onto a plane to Vientiane, this guy is going to have my life in his hands.

Yeah, VISA to Cyprus won't happen if I even end up going there (not sure yet), as that's he EU. The other three countries will be fine though, as they're all AESEAN countries.

StevieWonders
July 27th, 2019, 09:29
I already have one, and have been talking to him multiple times a day for about 8 months. Did you not read the OP where I just bought the guy a new iPhone?

He doesn't love me though, or at least is unwilling to say he does, and still not sure what to make of that. On the one hand, it's quite good, because it means he's unwilling to lie to me, hence isn't some piece of shit who will lie to me in order to get into my wallet. On the other hand, I'm blind, so if and when I hop onto a plane to Vientiane, this guy is going to have my life in his hands.

Yeah, VISA to Cyprus won't happen if I even end up going there (not sure yet), as that's he EU. The other three countries will be fine though, as they're all AESEAN countries.

Your an inspiration to us all cdnmatt

StevieWonders
July 27th, 2019, 09:31
hahaha, I forgot all about Neil until you mentioned him.

I always enjoyed the times he forgot which account he was logged in with, and would post this huge public tirade using the wrong account.

I thought that was not possible?

cdnmatt
July 27th, 2019, 09:43
I thought that was not possible?

He owned the board at the time. He was allowed to do whatever he wanted.

There were even times when he was publicly arguing with himself via the multiple personalities he had going. I remember "justme" getting into an online fight with Neil.

sglad
July 27th, 2019, 15:10
Optimistic to think this will draw people in.

Is it? This thread is already in its fifth page after only three days since it was started and has garnered almost 1500 views. I don't even know why it's in the main gay Thailand forum as it's largely personal whinging from a serial whinger who's not in Thailand about a relationship that has not even happened - fictional, deranged, or otherwise.

I posted a genuine enquiry in this forum about the safety of a prolific poster and frequent traveller to Thailand - Nirish - who was in Bali during the recent earthquake and it was quickly moved to the Everything Else forum. Go figure.

cdnmatt
July 27th, 2019, 16:44
I know! I should really start a YouTube channel, or something. If I'm going to cause shit on the internet like this, I figure I might as well earn some ad revenue out of it. :)

Blueskytoday
July 27th, 2019, 20:33
Hmmm, all this back and forth between 3 or 4 posters...send a personal message to each other...IF your not coming back to Thailand...it is irrelevant to this site..post it to the country your going to go??

Jellybean
July 27th, 2019, 22:12
Who says we don't listen? Actually, I've been scratching my head and wondering what this topic has got to do with Gay Thailand since I read the very first post. I was hoping that some connection would emerge, but so far, I have waited in vain. Therefore, taking into account the views expressed by sglad and Blueskytoday, the topic has been moved to Sawatdee Gay World forum.

And, being a kind and generous chap, rather helpfully, I have left a 24 hours redirect so that members can find the topic in its new location.

Now, sglad and Blueskytoday, ain't you guys heartily glad to receive this good news.

Manforallseasons
July 27th, 2019, 22:38
Especially sglad as he only exists as a figment of his own imagination.

frequent
July 28th, 2019, 04:24
Who says we don't listen? Actually, I've been scratching my head and wondering what this topic has got to do with Gay Thailand since I read the very first post. I was hoping that some connection would emerge, but so far, I have waited in vain. Therefore, taking into account the views expressed by sglad and Blueskytoday, the topic has been moved to Sawatdee Gay World forum.

And, being a kind and generous chap, rather helpfully, I have left a 24 hours redirect so that members can find the topic in its new location.

Now, sglad and Blueskytoday, ain't you guys heartily glad to receive this good news.As I said when cdnmatt first mooted his relocation to Vientiane, we are in great need of a Gay Laos forum

Nirish guy
July 28th, 2019, 16:16
A gay Laos section - perhaps - but Mods, no need to rush on that as it’s only going to be needed “shortly” - and we all know how long THAT means to some people eh ! :-)

frequent
July 28th, 2019, 20:56
Hmmm, all this back and forth between 3 or 4 posters...send a personal message to each other...IF your not coming back to Thailand...it is irrelevant to this site..post it to the country your going to go??Quite right Blueskytoday - as gerefan2 put it most succinctly a few short weeks ago, we’re here to discuss the whores