PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya at last

Nirish guy
July 18th, 2019, 11:12
So, after yet another crazy day in airports, where thanks to an overzealous, by the book manager at Air Asia bag drop in Bali, who refused to forward on my bag from Bali ( via KL) direct to Pattaya (as I’d stupidly bought two tickets instead on one through ticket) which really shouldn’t have mattered anyway, ( and most annoying said he WOULD have done that 5 minutes earlier but as I was now 5 minutes under the 2 hour window it says in his manual he couldn’t / wouldn’t) needless to say I then ended up missing my connection as had to to the entire pick up bag and clear customs thing in KL.

I accept my own mistake etc but omg airlines really go out of their way NOT to help sometimes when they just so easily could.

So after a frantic midair online booking session on my phone I managed to jump on the later Malaysian flight to Bkk for only £80 additional cost ( bless him)l and then taxi’d it on up to Pattaya. Arriving here SHATTERED around 8pm (after having to rush like hell to change terminals and all sorts during the day and only made my 3rd flight of the day with 1 minute 30 seconds to spare ! ).

So, got to Mosaik and after booking my preferred room ( all confirmed in writing by both parties ) they then did their getting all to common thing of “ohh we have problem with room so we move you” - in this case attempting to move me to one of their shit rooms ! So words were had and an uneasy compromise was reached, but i might seriously start Re thinking accommodation when here as that sticking you wherever THEY feel like it when you get here thing has happened way too often now fir my liking.

Anyways, so went to my average room, got my breath back, got showered and changed ( although hardly needed to bother with the shower as it was so warm and humid and sticky outside that within 5 minutes of heading out again and I was wringing with sweat within minutes anyway again - albeit it CLEAN sweat I hasten to add !

So I headed off to Boystown, a little bit wary after hearing of the closures etc and OMG what a sad sight, bars empty, bars closed, no customers and pockets of bored go go boys sitting about, it literally stopped me in my tracks. I thought “oh fuck this” and jumped on the baht bus up to Jomtien, passing as I went the neat rows of maybe 15 to 20 motorbike cops all lined up at the bus stop, being paraded and briefed and just waiting to go out and make some money - sorry catch some criminals!

So away I went to Jomtien, glad for the first time ever that I hadn’t taken my motorbike as I knew after my stressful day I intended to have a few beers. Only to reach Jomtien and find it in even more darkness than boystown !! And THEN it hit me ! BOOM ! Big bloody Buddha day !! It gets me every time !

By this stage I was that pissed off and knackered I gave up and happily went back to my room for a much needed and very welcome sleep after Bali.

So having just woken up this morning i flicked on Grindr and OMG the lies ! :-) it’s hilarious !! You have to give it to the guys here, they are consummate professionals in trying to reel us in and thankfully as I haven’t been in a while the younger guys here don’t know me ( very useful :-)

I’ve had so many guys on saying “ ohh no me not MB” whilst sending me “sexy pics” of themselves yet telling me they’re just back from being out walking in the countryside, complete with farmyard animal pics and baby piglets getting fed ( is there a petting zoo nearby perhaps?) and all designed just to spark a conversation but then saying they might come into town later if I wanted to meet for drinks or sex lol ( and all of this as their Grindr location clearly shows them sitting across from me in their massage shop opposite lol). And the number of guys who DEFINITELY “aren’t money boys” but are sending me pics that “almost” make even me blush ( I did say almost) is hilarious !

So whilst even more so after Bali I’m SO not into the whole Pattaya moneyboy vibe anymore and them playing us like violins I did have a great laugh reading their messages and “playing” with them too ( in the written sense for now if nothing else :-))

So I’m up, sober and fresh, so time to go start looking at some Temples and doing all that shit that we tell people we do when we come to Thailand :-) Actually I’m thinking of starting my day with a nice relaxing facial maybe .... and then I might even go on to a beauty shop after that to see what treatments they have there too !! :-)) He he :-)

GWMinUS
July 18th, 2019, 11:31
Poor Nirish!! I feel for your experience with the airlines.
I have been there getting from Cebu, PH to Los Angeles, US and then on to my local airport Albuquerque! Usually only take 20-25 hours. But if you miss a flight because of DELAYS it rolls over into the next day!!
I understand why my Partner is reluctant to get on a plane...

arsenal
July 18th, 2019, 12:16
I compare Mosaik with my hotel of over 10 years. When they can't give me the room I like they upgrade me for the same price. Arriving at 8.00am they only charged me half a day. When I booked an extra day by mistake on trip.com they refunded me in cash. If for one reason or another one aside of the hotel is noisy then I can move rooms at a moments notice. Their rooftop pool is usually mine alone. Not once in all my time there have I had any attitude whatsoever when taking a boy back. Even two in the same evening simply raises a slight smile. My e-mail bookings are answered within 12 hours. I left my laptop in the managers of office for two weeks. They don't charge me the 2000 baht deposit for the safety deposit key. They gave me a card so I could leave the air con on all day in May when it was so hot. Their taxi service is excellent being not only reliable but usually coming with a delightful driver who drives delightfully.

"Your home from home" said the manager to me once. Absolutely.

frequent
July 18th, 2019, 13:23
I compare Mosaik with my hotel of over 10 years. When they can't give me the room I like they upgrade me for the same price. Arriving at 8.00am they only charged me half a day. When I booked an extra day by mistake on trip.com they refunded me in cash. If for one reason or another one aside of the hotel is noisy then I can move rooms at a moments notice. Their rooftop pool is usually mine alone. Not once in all my time there have I had any attitude whatsoever when taking a boy back. Even two in the same evening simply raises a slight smile. My e-mail bookings are answered within 12 hours. I left my laptop in the managers of office for two weeks. They don't charge me the 2000 baht deposit for the safety deposit key. They gave me a card so I could leave the air con on all day in May when it was so hot. Their taxi service is excellent being not only reliable but usually coming with a delightful driver who drives delightfully.

"Your home from home" said the manager to me once. Absolutely.Well said arsenal, but then you are there fairly often. Someone who turns up for a week or two once or twice a year is not likely to be treated in the same royal way

Oliver2
July 18th, 2019, 13:23
I envy anyone who has just arrived in Pattaya. For me, it's ten weeks away.
Two questions.... luggage from Bali to Pattaya direct? Explain please! And your description of Boyztown (sadly) sounds just like my last one. And that wasn't a holiday. Was the next one better? I still hope-naively perhaps- for an improvement even if I shall no longer sleep there.

A third one! is Panorama now open? and is it still a beer bar?

frequent
July 18th, 2019, 13:29
Two questions.... luggage from Bali to Pattaya direct? Explain please! ?It seems obvious that he was traveling on the same airline but two separate bookings. I guess you get what you pay for, and not only is Air Asia a budget airline, but its Indonesian arm has a woeful safety reputation, unlike the rest of it. There's a series of posts under the heading of "My SE Asian sojourn" about a multi-leg trip on Air Asia a few years ago - https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?16802-My-SE-Asian-sojourn-(Introduction)

frequent
July 18th, 2019, 14:18
So, after yet another crazy day in airports ...I was waiting to hear your experience of the supposed "hour-long" queues at Swampy to have your fingerprints taken

goji
July 18th, 2019, 15:40
I’ve had so many guys on saying “ ohh no me not MB” whilst sending me “sexy pics” of themselves yet telling me they’re just back from being out walking in the countryside, complete with farmyard animal pics and baby piglets getting fed ( is there a petting zoo nearby perhaps?) and all designed just to spark a conversation but then saying they might come into town later if I wanted to meet for drinks or sex lol ( and all of this as their Grindr location clearly shows them sitting across from me in their massage shop opposite lol). And the number of guys who DEFINITELY “aren’t money boys” but are sending me pics that “almost” make even me blush ( I did say almost) is hilarious !
In somewhere like Pattaya, if he says "me not money boy", I usually finish the conversation there. I don't need the complications. The best of them usually say "I am money boy". Of course, when travelling around the quieter parts of Thailand, I am less picky. Just occasionally, a cutie in his 20s is content to turn up and get ****ed for free. Remarkable.

I compare Mosaik with my hotel of over 10 years. When they can't give me the room I like they upgrade me for the same price.
Is this hotel anywhere near Mosaik prices ? At Mosaik, the smaller rooms can be under 900 baht and the junior suites around 1300 after utilities, in high season. For what you get, this is good value.
However, if you have something better at a similar price, I'm interested.

joe552
July 18th, 2019, 17:15
Honestly, NIrish, you'd swear you'd never traveled before. You went to Frankfurt when you didn't need to. You had a hard time getting from Bali to Pattaya, a trip you've taken many times. You need to concentrate, girl!

Anyway, I'm sure by now your temple visit has had the desired effect and you are all calm and collected. I was under the impression that Jomtien was thriving? Is that not the case? I'll just stay in Sunee, I think.

gerefan2
July 18th, 2019, 19:45
A third one! is Panorama now open? and is it still a beer bar?

Not open when I was there last week. Huge refurbishment taking place. I guess they intend to open for high season...

It is being rented by Castro Bar just down the street, I do not know what form it will take when reopened.

gerefan2
July 18th, 2019, 19:48
and Rule 1....always check Buddah days before leaving home!!

Nirish guy
July 18th, 2019, 20:48
To paraphrase some of the above queries ( as I sit in Deli diner) - yes I was was flying from Bali and had to go via KL to catch and connect with their Pattaya flight and normally / previously and as is usual an airline will look at your final destination and route your luggage directly to there to save you having to collect and Re check in midway etc, this is very standard. However it seems that AirAsia has implemented a written instruction to staff saying that should be done where there’s two hours or more at bag drop - in my case there was 1 hour 50 minutes and Mr Jobsworth refused to budge on his “policy” in case they couldn’t get me bag to the 2nd plane on time - even though my 10 minute late to them bag was of course going on exactly the same plane so there was no bonus to them Re that either way - he was just being a jobsworth cunt if you ask me as he was fully aware his decision would make me ( or my bag) miss the second flight.

Frekky Re your you get what you pay for that was even more my annoyance as to avoid such issues I’d actually booked a full fare ticket at perhaps 3 times the price of the promo fare to assist in just such a case, he onftmed me that would allow me to Re book my flight - for the NEXT DAY ( as only one flight a day to PTY airport.

Oh and Re the bars being deadly quiet etc, what I meant was unbeknown to me all bars in Pattaya were closed for the night for Big Buddha day, not as there were full - thankfully normal service has been resumed :-)

And yes Joe I’ve managed to shake off my travel blues with an FOC Flipino contribution to my happiness fund - which considering my bf is flipino was s bit of s bud mans holiday but hey, did I mention FOC ! Lol

ps on a final note, one of the ex pats would need to have a quiet word with the owner of deli diner and perhaps advise them to either clean or better stick remove that fish tank on their counter, it looks gross !!

Oliver2
July 18th, 2019, 21:40
"Pattaya flight"....I get it- U-Tapao. What was it like? facilities? taxi/bus to Pattaya? I'm always being nagged to use it but have been resistant.

Nirish guy
July 18th, 2019, 22:08
I wouldn’t know, I had to use Malaysia into swampy and get a taxi back up to Pattaya. But I did use it on my last trip and would recommend it without question, it’s only a small airport so you’re through it in minutes, the only caveat I would add is to perhaps make sure you prebook your taxi service to be there waiting for you as with so few flights a day it doesn’t have the same ( or any?) standing taxi rank waiting outside I think ( although I did see a few random taxis hanging about last time, but pre booking much safer - and you’re into Patts fairly quickly and nice and relaxed.

gerefan2
July 18th, 2019, 23:49
"Pattaya flight"....I get it- U-Tapao. What was it like? facilities? taxi/bus to Pattaya? I'm always being nagged to use it but have been resistant.

Agree with everything Nirish says about UTapau.far, far better than Swampy.

I have used it perhaps 10 times and swear by it. Such a shame that there are no long haul flights there from Europe.

Also agree with Nirish about taxis. Book.

There are minibuses there which meet all flights and are cheaper, BUT you may have to drive all around Pattaya dropping off 8 or 9 others before your turn. Can be a looong time wasted.

Pre book Pattaya Limo...

aussie_
July 18th, 2019, 23:55

There is a mini van service from U-Tapao for 250 baht which drops you at your hotel. The ticket sellers outside the door at the arrival area try to sell their limo service for 1000 baht by saying the van will not arrive for one hour which is bs. 1000 is still ok if you prefer a taxi and a more comfortable travel to your accommodation. You might be able to book at taxi from someone else before you arrive for 700-800 baht.

gerefan2
July 18th, 2019, 23:58
https://www.thelimopattaya.com/rates/

goji
July 19th, 2019, 03:05
Agree with everything Nirish says about UTapau.far, far better than Swampy.
Utapao is way more convenient than BKK,if going to Pattaya.
Since a lot of the low cost airlines go to DMK, the advantage is even greater if comparing with that.

However, last time I looked, Utapao had very few international routes. KL, plus some in Russia & China.

Oliver2
July 19th, 2019, 13:38
Didn't I read somewhere that there are plans to expand? It would be a good option if there were more flights. We looked at the Air Asia Chiang Mai flight for an up-coming trip but the return would mean a 2200 plus arrival in Pattaya.

christianpfc
July 19th, 2019, 15:23
Welcome back to Thailand! Sorry for your problems at the airports. In all my travels, I never had similar problems.

Nirish guy
July 19th, 2019, 15:45
In all my travels, I never had similar problems.

Trust me me too ! I travel a lot both for work and pleasure and this trip stands out as bring one of the bigger pains in the ass travel wise and annoyingly not because of much to do myself ( ish) as the first issue was just s straight forward missed connection due to a flight delay - unfortunate but not unheard of - and the other if I’d of been 11 minutes earlier the issue of not being able / willing to forward my bag direct to PTY just wouldn’t have arisen in the first place.

My annoyance with both issues were they were easily fixable and no one in the airlines gave a shit and we’re willing to just shrug their shoulders and say “sorry too bad”. Just one of those things, you take the rough with the smooth I guess and I can almost hear my Bf preaching in my ear “just be at airport earlier instead of your usual last minute gate run” - but that’s not exactly correct in either of these instances.

Anyway, no big deal, all part of life’s rich tapestry - ha you can from my more relaxed tone as too who’s gotten laid ( several times - and all for free so far :-) since arriving in Patts eh ! lol

dab69
July 19th, 2019, 17:45
You think you have problems? I arrive July 30 in Pattaya and have to deal with all the boys booked/worn out from Nirish...

Nirish guy
July 19th, 2019, 18:21
Lol you’ll not have to worry as I’m being very discerning and not dipping into the pool of usual suspects / victims / I’m not a MB moneyboys (yet) :-)

goji
July 19th, 2019, 20:48
I’m being very discerning and not dipping into the pool of usual suspects / victims / I’m not a MB moneyboys (yet) :-)
Since you got laid several times for free, have you mastered the art of discerning between the "I'm not a MB moneyboys" and the genuine "I'm not a MB" ?
I thought Pattaya had so few of the latter category that I don't bother with them. This might be a mistake.

If he is going to expect a tip, I'd rather know it in advance, then it reduces complications.

Also if paying, it's easier to define the obligations of the service provider to the client.

Nirish guy
July 19th, 2019, 20:58
I like to think I have a reasonable handle on differentiating between the two groups, however this being Thailand what happens to be true one day doesn’t necessarily follow as true the next. All I know is that MY hand hasn’t had to go into my pocket yet for that particular activity.

But don’t get me wrong I’m not saying that’s anything particular special, just noting the fact that contrary to the way some people talk on the board you’d think there were no non financial fucks left here in Pattaya and that clearly isn’t the case if one avoids the obvious mb route - which I would add I’ve no problem with whatsoever and would use at the drop of a hat if the notion took me. But after two weeks in Bali “for free” etc I was on a mental mission not just to instantly go down that particular path throwing money at MBs for a shag instantly if I didn’t have too - just yet.

colmx
July 20th, 2019, 00:21
Didn't I read somewhere that there are plans to expand? It would be a good option if there were more flights. We looked at the Air Asia Chiang Mai flight for an up-coming trip but the return would mean a 2200 plus arrival in Pattaya.

Qatar flew a B787 from Doha to U-Tapao on 4 days a week for around 6 months in 2018
In the end they switched it to Doha-Yangon(Rangoon)-Pattaya but even that was not enough to save it getting canned

frequent
July 20th, 2019, 11:28
Qatar flew a B787 from Doha to U-Tapao on 4 days a week for around 6 months in 2018. In the end they switched it to Doha-Yangon(Rangoon)-Pattaya but even that was not enough to save it getting cannedI imagine the special Immigration counters for the over 70s would be busier than all the others put together. Does Immigration bus in a few officers to handle the rush - I see there's a single Air Asia flight every other day?

Nirish guy
July 20th, 2019, 18:17
Hey this NOT paying thing and finding “for fun” partners here is nearly turning out to be more fun ( and a bit more “normal” - well for me anyway ) than just racking up scores of MBs when here - and certainly much MUCH cheaper !

Much to even my own surprise yet another hot 24!yr old FOC and only too pleased to join me for a few hours professional guy ( and I mean that in the HR manager sense) has just left and was almost offended when I asked “MB or not?” at the start of our conversation.

Apparently he attends yoga and gym classes several times a week it seems and I can confirm that he had the body and moved to back up those claims ( not to mention several hot pics of him in all sorts of yoga poses too). I didn’t like to tell him but if he WAS a MB here he would be raking it in !!

But if nothing else it just goes to back up my long held belief and suspicion that like many large cities there ARE plenty of ordinary guys just looking for some fun here after their work etc just like anywhere else. in the past i’ve just been too busy banging the shit out of every money boy that moved who took my fancy to notice or bother myself going don’t that route it seems !! ( nothing wrong with they either mind)

So maybe there’s something to be said for the whole Brexit thing and the ass having dropped out of the pound of late as it had after all it seems eh! :/)

christianpfc
July 20th, 2019, 21:04
Much to even my own surprise yet another hot 24!yr old FOC and only too pleased...
FOC?

There are indeed non-money boys in Pattaya. I met several over the years and currently know 3. Some say so in their profile, and if not I do ask rather early in the conversation if a remuneration is expected.

Nirish guy
July 20th, 2019, 21:24
FOC = Free of Charge.

Faranglaw
July 20th, 2019, 22:13
FOC = Free of Charge.

You must be on the younger side to snag all that FOC.

Nirish guy
July 20th, 2019, 23:38
I’m 50 - as to whether that’s “young” or not I guess thats all relative to the readers own age perhaps.

frequent
July 21st, 2019, 12:43
Qatar flew a B787 from Doha to U-Tapao on 4 days a week for around 6 months in 2018. In the end they switched it to Doha-Yangon(Rangoon)-Pattaya but even that was not enough to save it getting cannedIn the end they switched to Doha-Phuket-U-Tapao and are still flying that route (although the Phuket-Pattaya segment is flown by Bangkok Airways under codeshare)

goji
July 21st, 2019, 16:40
I’m 50 - as to whether that’s “young” or not I guess thats all relative to the readers own age perhaps.

I'm a couple of years older and did pick up the odd freebie in my travels around northern Thailand earlier this year.
Obviously, there are fewer available boys out in these areas, so I'm relaxing quality criteria for the boys and if there is a slightly larger framed boy than I would take in Pattaya, I still meet. If he's free, that's a bonus too.

In Pattaya, I just go for the slim sweet ones. They invariably need paying.

How fussy are you with your FOC boys Northern Irish ? I'm pretty sure SOME of the lads in their 30s who contact me are not expecting money, but I've always gone for the 18~30 range. And slim.

I also try to avoid directly asking if they are money boys.
Asking "What are you looking for ?" is the first question which gives them the opportunity to answer money, or better still put a figure on it.
Then "Do you want anything else from me ?" is another one.
However, if anyone else here has a good way of dealing with that, I'm always ready to learn.

Nirish guy
July 21st, 2019, 18:40
It’s really simple - “so, are you a money boy then or just for fun?” ..... perhaps followed with “as if money not thanks but I not need, but if just for fun you’re cute / handsome / hot ( insert suitable bullshit line as required) let’s meet up”. - I find that’s all that’s rewuired. And if they come back with “I’m NOT a MB” a simple “good, I didn’t think so, glad to get that cleared up, so when are we meeting then “ also suffices.

Likewise a “so you on holiday or working here” gives them an in to drop in the subject but many will bluff it and try the “I’m here on holiday “ line - which again I always reply with ”great, me too, so let’s holk up for some fun then” - which will usually then either get an “ok let’s” OR the more usual “ yeah we can for fun but if you can give me some money too that would be even better” - in which case revert to the “thanks I not need line” and the pure money boys will move on, whereas the horny traveller who was maybe just trying his luck to get some money from the white guy may well come back with “actually fun is ok too as I’m horny” Really not difficult. Just be direct and too the point. Saves everyone’s time.

Bert
July 22nd, 2019, 00:48
Hi Nirish,
Where can we read about your Bali-experiences? Did you write a report about your stay?

Nirish guy
July 22nd, 2019, 11:09
No I didn’t actually. Not much to write as I tend to do the same thing each time I’m there, bars, beach, bed etc and also I fully intend / intended not to be posting much of any detail of trips much now as with it being a TOTALLY public forum it is way too easy for bfs and the like to keep a watchful eye over ones progress on a trip, and whilst he’s. Or stupid and knows the form I also never like to rub his nose in it or give too much ammunition to be used against me at a later date perhaps ! :-)

I actually posted way more than I intended even Re Pattaya but that was more as I was bored, perhaps a little mao sometimes :-) and got sucked into conversations I maybe didn’t actually intend to have ! :-)

But what I will say about Bali is that if Pattaya gave someone “ammunition” as to my “busyness” then Bali would give them both much more AND the gun, rocket propelled Henares and mortars from which to fire it all from .! :-)

a447
July 22nd, 2019, 14:53
Have any new bars been added to the little strip containing Bali Joe's, Mix, etc?

Nirish guy
July 22nd, 2019, 17:10
No if anything I think one of them has gone now and there are only the three. Believe it or not I was only in the two ( Balijoe and mixwell) each night as that’s where the crowd / action is. I was actually commenting to a friend whilst there the 3rd bar owner must be SO pissed off as there he’s opened basically a carbon copy of the two busy bars and ya is basically empty every night, must be soul destroying for him and leave him wondering wtf am I doing wrong here !?

a447
July 22nd, 2019, 18:11
Yeah, that bar at the end was always empty. I guess balijoe has the "name."

joe552
July 24th, 2019, 07:43
I had sex FOC last night. Sadly, I was alone!

christianpfc
July 25th, 2019, 19:50
If a boy asks me "what are you looking for" I reply "free sex" and see where it goes.

Else I ask where or what he works, or what he is looking for.