PDA

View Full Version : Hypocrite?

joe552
July 11th, 2019, 18:46
You may think so. And your opinion of me matters greatly to me. Firstly, I have no complaint about the moderators - they did their job as they saw fit. Now that the offending post has been moved, I think I can safely return. Thanks to the members who contacted me by PM. Your messages really meant a lot. I've been a member of this forum for many years and have always enjoyed the banter and sometimes quite robust debates. But I don't apologise for calling out racists, or sexists, or whover. As gay men, surely we should be standing with minorities, not name calling? To make this Thailand related, I'm still going to Pattaya on 18th September. Always happy to accept free beer, wine or boys from strangers.

Jellybean
July 11th, 2019, 21:46
Not in my eyes*, joe552. I am glad to see you had a change of heart, following the removal of the . . . let me see . . . er . . . ah yes . . . controversial topic, to the members only Holding Room, and have decided to continue posting on the forum.

* In strictness it should be eye, singular, as I see through only one eye, but it didn’t sound quite right. :)

AsDaRa
July 11th, 2019, 22:59
I think we should be careful giving people labels like "racist" or "sexist" or "nazi". These labels are so easily given now-a-days. If you mention the scientific fact that women as a group are less likely to like technical occuptations, is that sexist? Yes there are women who are far better in (for example) programming than most men on the planet. But group level statements can nevertheless be true. Women in general are less inclined to like a technical IT job. Saying this isn't sexist. Certainly not if psychological research indicates this.

Be carefull with these labels.

dinagam
July 12th, 2019, 12:12
I hope joe552 does not feel alone anymore.

Manforallseasons
July 12th, 2019, 12:38
Joe is by no means a hypocrite that is more than I can say for Moses/Jellybean.

frequent
July 12th, 2019, 12:44
As gay men, surely we should be standing with minorities, not name calling?A piece of logic that escapes me. You mean I should stand in solidarity with all minorities? Think very, very carefully before you answer in the affirmative

frequent
July 12th, 2019, 13:14
I hope joe552 does not feel alone anymore.Perhaps we can start a "Je suis Joe552" movement or one of those hashtags like #BlackFrocksMatter

joe552
July 12th, 2019, 14:29
frequent, I love my Black Frock!!!

joe552
July 12th, 2019, 16:02
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ao63TvxvPk

bucknaway
July 12th, 2019, 16:20
Your stand was and is appreciate.

Jellybean
July 12th, 2019, 16:42
Joe is by no means a hypocrite that is more than I can say for Moses/Jellybean.

Well, at least I’m in good company. LOL!

Seriously though, what I’ve found in this role, is that I’m damned if I do and I’m damned if I don’t. Ah well, c'est la vie as françois, might say. :)

joe552
July 12th, 2019, 16:59
If francois were French, Jellybean, which he is not. We had a drink together in Sunnee last year.

neddy3
July 12th, 2019, 17:25
Not French?? Say it isn't so!

frequent
July 12th, 2019, 17:38
Not French?? Say it isn't so!A french letter perhaps but that’s it

frequent
July 12th, 2019, 17:41
Your stand was and is appreciate.In what sense are you using the word “stand”? Have you and Joe had a close encounter?

kittyboy
July 12th, 2019, 17:48
A piece of logic that escapes me. You mean I should stand in solidarity with all minorities? Think very, very carefully before you answer in the affirmative

You are setting up a strawman. The OP did NOT say you should stand in solidarity for ALL minorities. That is your putting words into the OP post.
What is your point Frequent? I assume you have the ability to make a clear point.
I stand by my comments from the previous thread still hold true. If a person wants to be an jerk and make derogatory comments then that is their right..I have a corresponding right to call them out and tell them they are being a jerk.
I also think as gay men who have traditionally been marginalized by society we should have sympathy for other minorities who have been marginalized.
Please don't put words into my posting..please don't be intentionally stupid or dense in your response..if you make one.

Jellybean
July 12th, 2019, 21:35
If francois were French, Jellybean, which he is not. We had a drink together in Sunnee last year.

Crikey! Or, in the circumstances, I should say, oh mon Dieu! I can hardly believe it joe552.

Then who exactly was the man, who spoke English with the heavy French accent, with whom I had a very agreeable evening at my introduction to the esteemed, but now defunct, Sunee Plaza Meatloaf Society? I know my memory is on the blink and getting somewhat unreliable, but I am convinced he introduced himself as François and said he knew me from Sawatdee Gay Thailand. And he told me it was he who delivered the gold embossed invitation to my hotel room two days earlier. And it begs the question, how did he know what hotel and room I was staying at?

Hmmm . . . it’s a mystery, as Toyah Wilcox (https://youtu.be/hKDi6ym3Ny0)used to say. Perhaps I should send for the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew! [For context, see posts #44 & #46 on the The allure of the straight boy topic - https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?20917-The-allure-of-the-straight-boy/page5 ] :blush:

Wolzek
July 12th, 2019, 22:06
To make this Thailand related, I'm still going to Pattaya on 18th September. Always happy to accept free beer, wine or boys from strangers.

So to continue your Don Quijote struggle against racism you choose to travel to a country where dual pricing for thais and "filthy farangs" are the accepted norm? And the general degrading view of foreigners, not at least burmese and cambodians. You will probably be very busy in Thailand fighting the thais prejudices? Or too busy exploiting poor third world citizens for cheap "labour" in the red light districts?

Yes the title hypocrite was a good choice.

francois
July 13th, 2019, 01:58
Crikey! Or, in the circumstances, I should say, oh mon Dieu! I can hardly believe it joe552.

Then who exactly was the man, who spoke English with the heavy French accent, with whom I had a very agreeable evening at my introduction to the esteemed, but now defunct, Sunee Plaza Meatloaf Society? I know my memory is on the blink and getting somewhat unreliable, but I am convinced he introduced himself as François and said he knew me from Sawatdee Gay Thailand. And he told me it was he who delivered the gold embossed invitation to my hotel room two days earlier. And it begs the question, how did he know what hotel and room I was staying at?

C'est moi, François! François oui, Français non.

Regarding the heavy, French accent, one must understand that Jellybean, a Scot, has a pronounced Scottish brogue which diminishes his perception of others accents. Much as with the Thais who cannot distinguish the difference between a Frenchman, a German, an American, a Brit, etc, who is speaking English.:devilsh:

scottish-guy
July 13th, 2019, 02:06
Wonderful to see you’re all getting along together as ever.

Keep it up!

dinagam
July 13th, 2019, 08:33
And look who's back!

Manforallseasons
July 13th, 2019, 09:22

Keep it up!

At least it is posted on the right topic.

joe552
July 13th, 2019, 16:35

Keep it up!

scottish-guy, I was absent when you departed, so don't know what prompted it. I hope you're back with us. I enjoy your posts.

dab69
July 13th, 2019, 16:52

Keep it up!

welcome back!

now pour some petrol on this bonfire...

latintopxxx
July 13th, 2019, 17:41
shriek...the one that the english fear the most is back...the scots dole bludger

arsenal
July 14th, 2019, 06:10
Joe goes to Thailand on holiday and writes about it here and anyone who does that is welcome. Also, during the run up to his holiday he's the fossil fuel that powers the board with endless posts and questions.

frequent
July 14th, 2019, 06:46
Joe goes to Thailand on holiday and writes about it here and anyone who does that is welcome. Also, during the run up to his holiday he's the fossil fuel that powers the board with endless posts and questions.Everyone needs a hobby, arsenal, and you should be grateful he's at least not writing works of fiction about peasant boys gaining entrance to Chulalongkorn University or travelers flying into the airport at Sisaket. (For those who don't know, Sisaket doesn't have an airport; the nearest one is at Ubon Ratchathani, a two-hour drive away. It's a bit like calling Suvarnabhumi "Pattaya Airport")

Smiles
July 14th, 2019, 06:50
Just FYI: Buriram province has an airport, and it's half the drive time to Ubon.

frequent
July 14th, 2019, 06:57
Just FYI: Buriram province has an airport, and it's half the drive time to Ubon."Just FYI" my infallible guide to these things (because, as you well know, I live in Houston TX and have never visited Thailand or Pattaya) Rome2Rio says otherwise - https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Buriram/Si-Sa-Ket

joe552
July 14th, 2019, 08:03
Just to be clear - the story I wrote "Home to Si Saket" was very loosely based on a holiday I had there with my friend Kwan. I know we flew back to BKK but don't remember where we flew from. It may very well have been Ubon. It is, however, a work of fiction.

frequent
July 14th, 2019, 09:12
It is, however, a work of fiction.Somewhat like myself - just ask lonelywombat or gerefan2 or that other work of fiction, sglad

lonelywombat
July 15th, 2019, 01:40
Just to be clear - the story I wrote "Home to Si Saket" was very loosely based on a holiday I had there with my friend Kwan. I know we flew back to BKK but don't remember where we flew from. It may very well have been Ubon. It is, however, a work of fiction.

Joe552 your work of fiction is similar to Frequents posts, all about places he has never been to and most likely never will

joe552
July 15th, 2019, 02:18
Au contraire, lonelywombat (if you'll pardon my French) I've actually been to the places I wrote about.

frequent
July 15th, 2019, 04:13
Au contraire, lonelywombat (if you'll pardon my French) I've actually been to the places I wrote about.And been to the airport to prove it!

frequent
July 15th, 2019, 04:55
Joe552 your work of fiction is similar to Frequents posts, all about places he has never been to and most likely never willCome along lonelywombat, works of fiction are often the greatest biographies. Look at the life story of Mohammed - a person who almost certainly never existed, at least in the way generally described, yet the entire edifice of Islam (which is simply a version of the Christian Nestorian heresy) has been built around his "life"

sglad
July 15th, 2019, 06:39

Keep it up!

Welcome back, scottish-guy! Hope you'll stay and post again. :clapping:

sglad
July 23rd, 2019, 02:08
You are setting up a strawman. The OP did NOT say you should stand in solidarity for ALL minorities. That is your putting words into the OP post.
What is your point Frequent? I assume you have the ability to make a clear point.

Unfortunately, kittyboy you've missed the point. It's not about whether he can or can't make a clear point, the point is he doesn't want to. His sole purpose is to make you run in circles and get a rise out of you. Any response from his target-of-the-hour gives him reason to get up the next day just so he can antagonise him further. And if you blow up...well that's like giving him an orgasm which his sad impotent self can never achieve on his own. You see, he not only lives on this forum, but for this forum (and I suspect a few others, Thaivisa being one of them). He has no life and is probably stuck in his shoebox Sydney apartment. Just look at the number of internet and TV references he makes, including some very obscure ones; that's what he probably does all day - watch TV and surf the Net.

kittyboy
July 23rd, 2019, 02:46
Unfortunately, kittyboy you've missed the point. It's not about whether he can or can't make a clear point, the point is he doesn't want to. His sole purpose is to make you run in circles and get a rise out of you. Any response from his target-of-the-hour gives him reason to get up the next day just so he can antagonise him further. And if you blow up...well that's like giving him an orgasm which his sad impotent self can never achieve on his own. You see, he not only lives on this forum, but for this forum (and I suspect a few others, Thaivisa being one of them). He has no life and is probably stuck in his shoebox Sydney apartment. Just look at the number of internet and TV references he makes, including some very obscure ones; that's what he probably does all day - watch TV and surf the Net.

LOL..Yea..what you say is true. Sadly true.
I am at a slow work period so I don't mind playing around with Frequent Fuckwit. - I sometimes find it amusing. Hmm..he may be wanking to the attention he receives...yuk. Dammit Sglad..you ruined some of my fun..now when I mess with Frequently Fuckwitted I have a picture of him wanking to the attention!!! FUCK!!!

latintopxxx
July 23rd, 2019, 03:00
another of those pointless "have u actually been there" hreads

gerefan2
July 23rd, 2019, 04:55

Spot on. That’s exactly why he has stopped picking on me. He knows he won’t get a rise from me.

Just tell him so and the cyber bully will leave you alone.

What’s his handle on Thaivisa?

frequent
July 23rd, 2019, 05:14
Spot on. That’s exactly why he has stopped picking on me. He knows he won’t get a rise from me. https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?20911-Well-fuck-Etihad-Airways-that%E2%80%99s-all-I-can-say-!&p=259515#post259515

gerefan2
July 23rd, 2019, 05:47
That clearly illustrates that you don’t understand the meaning on getting a rise out of someone!

frequent
July 23rd, 2019, 06:06
That clearly illustrates that you don’t understand the meaning on getting a rise out of someone!How odd - I thought I just did

lonelywombat
July 23rd, 2019, 07:17
Surely this is not SawatdeeGayThailand
This argument is getting pedantic.
Why not put it into everything else and get GayThailand back

frequent
July 23rd, 2019, 07:22
Surely this is not SawatdeeGayThailand. This argument is getting pedantic. Why not put it into everything else and get GayThailand backYou must appreciate, lonely, that I enjoy these posts as I commute (thank god for in-flight Internet) between my "shoebox Sydney apartment" (sglad outing me again!) and the classroom in Houston where I teach Latin - the self-same classroom where sglad himself once learned that language. Besides, as I pointed out to you just a few posts ago, works of fiction make the best biographies

You do know, don't you, that you can use the Red Triangle to contact a Moderator direct to have threads moved? I did that to all of the separate threads you started about your obsession with teenage boys (lost in a cave were they?) and very effective it was