PDA

View Full Version : You must all pray for me if you love Sunee

AsDaRa
July 8th, 2019, 00:05
You must all pray I will win the jackpot in the lottery and I will promise you I will invest a few million euros in Sunee and make it all come back to life. I don't even need a profit. I even will accept losses!

This won't be an issue because I will live from the other millions that are part of the jackpot.

The fact there apparently isn't anyone doing this currently tells me one thing only:
There aren't any gay multi-millionaires who are into Asians.

Else I can't explain this not happening now. Because if you are a gay multi-millionaire who is into Asians and you have 100 million euros, why not get rit of 10 million euro to keep Sunee alive for a decade more? What is 10 million to you if you have 100? Spend it!

Gays are apparently unlikely to become a millionaire, else we would have seen this already. If I had 100 million I would invest 10 million in new bars and I wouldn't care at all if I made a profit or not.

So pray for me that I will win the lottery. Thanks

The point of this post is really to understand why gay multi millionaires don't do this. Curious to ideas of forum members as to the why.

Khor tose
July 8th, 2019, 01:33
Well you could start with these 15 gay billionaires and ask them to help out.

https://www.therichest.com/rich-list/world/15-of-the-richest-lgbt-millionaires-and-billionaires/

Marsilius
July 8th, 2019, 02:16
My understanding is that buying the bars would only be a short-term solution. That's because, if internet tittle-tattle is to be credited, Madame Sunee wants to run Sunee Plaza down and get businesses to vacate their premises so that she can sell the whole area for redevelopment or redevelop it herself.

If that's true, your multi-millionaire gay philanthropist will need, I fear, to buy the whole area rather than just the odd bar or two if permanent revitalisation of Sunee Plaza is to be achieved.

Daveuk
July 8th, 2019, 05:04
I loved Sunee a lot but I’m afraid it is beyond rescue. Sad decline from when I first discovered Pattaya when it was thronged with gay tourists and open bars and gogos vied for business. Now there’s not much left with only Winner attracting me to visit. Maybe the solution is to concentrate gay oriented businesses in the Jomtien Complex. If gogos were allowed there on the lines of Winner I sure Pattaya gay tourism would recover from its currently rather low level.
This could be a great project for your gay billionaires.

gerefan2
July 8th, 2019, 09:48
Madame Sunee wants to run Sunee Plaza down and get businesses to vacate their premises so that she can sell the whole area for redevelopment or redevelop it herself.

If that was really the case why hasn’t she simply not renewed the leases of the remaining half dozen businesses??

Manforallseasons
July 8th, 2019, 10:03
Going back to the original post my answer is that they didn’t become millionaires by being stupid!

Asia Traveler
July 8th, 2019, 10:24
A lot of unsavory things used to go on in Sunee long ago so I would use your up coming new fortune to rebuild Boys Town and make it a World Class Gay location again. Find some modern day Ians and Kevins to manage the whole Soi. It would be so nice to feel like it was home again. It has not for years now.

Marsilius
July 8th, 2019, 13:00
gerefan2: Maybe the leases haven't come up for renewal yet - and they will not be renewed when they do? Just a theory...

gerefan2
July 8th, 2019, 13:25
Marsilius
There have only been half a dozen real businesses there for years. I would of thought that she has had plenty of time to get rid of them if she wanted to.

Re-development. Well I’m not sure. It’s location is awful. It’s not near the beach or any big shopping area. It’s not near Walking Street either. Well not terribly close.

It’s not on a baht bus route and the streets are too narrow for Chineses tour busses.

Then there’s the Arab problem.

I doubt any serious serious developer would be interested.

I’m sorry to say she is stuck with it!

bkkguy
July 8th, 2019, 19:18
The point of this post is really to understand why gay multi millionaires don't do this. Curious to ideas of forum members as to the why.

I don't really think the future of gay sex tourism or even Madame Sunee and her hopes, dreams and desires for her little property empire are your major problem - gay or straight, in Sunee or anywhere in Pattaya or indeed anywhere else in Thailand, start flashing that type of new money around and you will soon find yourself popping up on all sorts of radars that, for the sake of your bank balance, your health and even your longevity, it would be much better not to be popping up on

gerefan2
July 8th, 2019, 22:36
As the saying goes "how do you make a small fortune from a ... gay bar " or insert any other minority business, as reqd.

Answer.... "Start with a large one".

Corny but true ...

AsDaRa
July 8th, 2019, 23:47
As the saying goes "how do you make a small fortune from a ... gay bar " or insert any other minority business, as reqd.

Answer.... "Start with a large one".

Corny but true ...

True of course. But not all people need profit.
Imagine being 75 years old and having 500.000 EUR on your savings account. You are gay and have no kids. So no one left to pass it on too. You only have reasonably speaking some 10 years more to live if lucky (if very lucky even more). Why does such a person not spend it all on a bar? He wont care if it all gets lost. He doesn't need profit.

Yet we not see this happening. I really don't understand.

latintopxxx
July 9th, 2019, 16:38
asdara...with that attitude you are destined to be penniless for the rest of your life

Marsilius
July 9th, 2019, 18:34
Not necessarily... As long as he is penniless by the end of his life he will have achieved a happy outcome. If you have no dependents of other intended beneficiaries, there's no point in dying with surplus cash. Spend it - even on running a bar that is steadily losing money - while you're alive and enjoy yourself. If only we could know the date of our future death and so arrange things accordingly!

BOY69
July 19th, 2019, 03:14
More than a decay there were wealthy westerns
that run bars at Sunee Plaza and very good ones too they were loosing money or at the best didn't make profit but they didn't care as long as they enjoyed themselves, but they got old/bored/sick/died and no one replaced them after they gone Sunee had been decline .2001-2006 was the golden age of Sunee Plaza.

latintopxxx
July 19th, 2019, 05:19
sounds like a living nightmare trying to manage a bar full of gogos....

Dalewood
July 19th, 2019, 21:19
Not necessarily... As long as he is penniless by the end of his life he will have achieved a happy outcome. If you have no dependents of other intended beneficiaries, there's no point in dying with surplus cash. Spend it - even on running a bar that is steadily losing money - while you're alive and enjoy yourself. If only we could know the date of our future death and so arrange things accordingly!

Like a good friend of mine says, "I have never seen an armored car trailing a hearse".

latintopxxx
July 20th, 2019, 03:37
then u r mixing in the wrong circles dharling...