PDA

View Full Version : Server update July 2

Moses
July 2nd, 2019, 18:27
Today forum been switched to new version of server software. Please report any glitches or issues here.

Thank you.

Brad the Impala
July 4th, 2019, 17:29
I notice that before connecting to this website now we get an interim screen for three seconds or so which states something like "Checking your browser before connecting" and then connects you to this website. What's that all about?

Moses
July 4th, 2019, 17:41
I notice that before connecting to this website now we get an interim screen for three seconds or so which states something like "Checking your browser before connecting" and then connects you to this website. What's that all about?

We are connected to CDN (content delivery network) for faster access to our site Worldwide. Now forum and site are shown to users not from one only server but from many different servers around the World. That startup screen is checking which one server will serve your visit to forum.

More information in proper English is here :) https://www.cloudflare.com/network/

Brad the Impala
July 4th, 2019, 18:06
Thanks for quick explanation and link.

frequent
July 4th, 2019, 18:30
I notice that before connecting to this website now we get an interim screen for three seconds or so which states something like "Checking your browser before connecting" and then connects you to this website. What's that all about?It's irritating and is slightly reminiscent of those browser warnings that say that there's danger at the site you're trying to connect to

Moses
July 4th, 2019, 18:51
It's irritating and is slightly reminiscent of those browser warnings that say that there's danger at the site you're trying to connect to

is it about Sawatdee? do you see such warning of your browser about Sawatdee? could you please make printscreen? because we have SSL-certificate and browsers should not show such warnings: Sawatdee is totally safe for browsing/posting, data btw your computer and our server transferring in encrypted form, sign of "green lock" shows it, I renew our certificate every 3 month

gerefan2
July 4th, 2019, 20:31
I also get it when logging onto Gaybutton site. Is it the same thing?

Moses
July 4th, 2019, 21:18
I also get it when logging onto Gaybutton site. Is it the same thing?

Yes. I do technical support for GBT, it uses the same CDN.

arsenal
July 5th, 2019, 09:38
I see it on a few sites, especially the semi legal/illegal free TV and movie sites. Good to know what it means.

Smiles
July 5th, 2019, 17:19
Yes. I do technical support for GBT, it uses the same CDN.I certainly hope that means you are not taking notes from CDNmatt. He'll probably attempt to have you help him out with his visa problems.

Smiles
July 6th, 2019, 10:52
Getting this frequently. It does open up the board eventually but never the same 'wait-for' time. A few times it doesn't let me in at all

Checking your browser before accessing sawatdeenetwork.com.
This process is automatic. Your browser will redirect to your requested content shortly.
Please allow up to 5 seconds…
DDoS protection by Cloudflare

frequent
July 6th, 2019, 10:54
Getting this frequently. It does open up the board eventually but never the same 'wait-for' time. A few times it doesn't let me in at all

Beloved by IT techies but a compete PITA for everyone else

gerefan2
July 6th, 2019, 14:02
I didn’t get the damn thing today either here or Gaybutton.
I hope it has gone forever.

arsenal
July 7th, 2019, 07:35
I'm grateful it lets me in at all. For the last few months or so I couldn't access this site without a vpn. I thought it had gone the same way as Wikipedia, bbc.com and The Guardian in being declared 'an enemy of the people' by the black headed crispy duck brigade in Peking..

Moses
July 7th, 2019, 12:42

Mark "remember me" checkbox at time of login

Smiles
July 7th, 2019, 16:48
Say what?
Moses, if you are reaching for clarity, it ain't working well.

Jellybean
July 7th, 2019, 17:49
Say what?
Moses, if you are reaching for clarity, it ain't working well.

I had a similar problem, Smiles until Moses suggested ticking the Remember Me? box to the left of the Log in button when logging in. See the following screen shot:

Brad the Impala
July 7th, 2019, 21:25
To be honest, pages don't download any faster, and getting the "Checking your browser" window for five seconds every time you join or refresh the website is, as Smiles wrote, a pain in the arse. Is anybody seeing any benefits from this new process?

Moses
July 7th, 2019, 21:37
To be honest, pages don't download any faster, and getting the "Checking your browser" window for five seconds every time you join or refresh the website is, as Smiles wrote, a pain in the arse. Is anybody seeing any benefits from this new process?

Forum has about 1600-2000 visits daily. Average page load is faster about 32 percent (depends on visitor"s location).

frequent
July 8th, 2019, 05:07
Average page load is faster about 32 percent (depends on visitor"s location).Does that include the interminable time the new splash screen itself takes to load the Forum page we're actually trying to visit? As I said in another post, but I'll put it more forcefully, this is the sort of "wet dream" that computer nerds have. For the rest of us the experience is a total pain in the arse (PITA). If you have already to be a member to bypass it by using "remember me", it seems to be acting as a deterrent to those who aren't members. And let's face it, if we're already members we don't really care that Forum pages load "faster"

Smiles
July 8th, 2019, 11:52
I give up. I now, like Winston Smith, have come around to loving ... no, adoring, Big Brother.

Back to Sunnee Plaza, off fees, analingus, and various bodily fluids.

gerefan2
July 8th, 2019, 16:38
I had a similar problem, Smiles until Moses suggested ticking the Remember Me? box to the left of the Log in button when logging in. See the following screen shot:

I am already “remembered” so I logged out both here and on Gaybutton site. I then logged in again on both and ticked remember me.

Did it work...did it fu*k!

dinagam
July 8th, 2019, 19:29
Some people, for various reasons, aren't pushing the right buttons...

gerefan2
July 9th, 2019, 20:10
I now get this thing every time I push the back button.
It’s getting to be a real PITA.

frequent
July 9th, 2019, 20:13
I now get this thing every time I push the back button.
It’s getting to be a real PITA.Surely you realise Moses doesn't care what anyone thinks

Moses
July 9th, 2019, 20:21
every time I push the back button.
It’s getting to be a real PITA.

well, if you push "Back" button then for sure you will get that screen... why you even need "back" button?

It is similar to complain "I got wet feet when I stepped into water, and every time when I step back I again get wet feet"...

Moses
July 9th, 2019, 20:22
Surely you realise Moses doesn't care what anyone thinks

Moses is the only person who has information in full for to make decision, you know...

Cloudflare protects our server from attacks and also serves about 1/3 of about 100 000 daily requests from their servers. And does that all for free.

dinagam
July 9th, 2019, 20:58
Isn't there a "donations" button somewhere?

Moses
July 9th, 2019, 21:04
Isn't there a "donations" button somewhere?

No. I have no plans to collect donations.

arsenal
July 10th, 2019, 06:58
Loving your posting style dinagam. Subtle nibbles of mischief. Keep it up.

frequent
July 10th, 2019, 14:09
Moses is the only person who has information in full for to make decision, you know...

Cloudflare protects our server from attacks and also serves about 1/3 of about 100 000 daily requests from their servers. And does that all for free. Indeed. However I'm much more entertained by the frequency of this sort of message recently:

Moses
July 10th, 2019, 14:20
Indeed. However I'm much more entertained by the frequency of this sort of message recently:

Yes. You see such message when server is down because of overload (average: once per 3 days) and when I tune and reboot server for to apply changes. I have no idea why it entertain you, but if it does - enjoy :)

frequent
July 10th, 2019, 16:58
I have no idea why it entertain you, but if it does - enjoy :)
Noblesse oblige