PDA

View Full Version : Age range of customers at gogos?

Levelheaded
July 1st, 2019, 17:11
Wondering what is the typical age-ranged of people you see at the gogo bars? More specifically, those who off the boys. I’m in my lower 20s and haven’t visited Thailand yet (will within a month) but I am starting to feel out of place despite not trying it out yet.

Don’t want people to think I’m cheap cause I’m young? Someone enlighten me please

Jellybean
July 1st, 2019, 17:17
Welcome to the forum, Levelheaded. :)

dinagam
July 1st, 2019, 18:40
The situation can be quite fluid really. Whenever groups of younger Thais enter for a good time, we see people in their twenties, or thirties for Japanese and Chinese, and random people aged forty and above. Of course there are still octogenarians gracing the seats in bars, especially in Pattaya. Everyone is welcome as long as the money keeps rolling.

Manforallseasons
July 1st, 2019, 19:29
Don’t want people to think I’m cheap cause I’m young? Someone enlighten me please

Definitely stay in Bangkok most places in Pattaya are wheelchair and electric paddles friendly!

francois
July 1st, 2019, 20:55
Wondering what is the typical age-ranged of people you see at the gogo bars? More specifically, those who off the boys. I’m in my lower 20s and haven’t visited Thailand yet (will within a month) but I am starting to feel out of place despite not trying it out yet.

The bar customers and the go-go boys will both love you,Levelheaded. Always good to see a young guy visiting the go-go bars.

Many of the customers at the bars are expats and naturally older and, of course, looking for, or at, the younger go-go boys. Just go and enjoy the scene, tip the boys and take off as many as you like.

BOY69
July 1st, 2019, 22:11
Most of the westerns are well above 50s ,But that doesn't mean that you can't visit the bars and enjoy your self . I started visiting the bars at my early 30s and had lots of fun.

paborn
July 1st, 2019, 23:51
In all honesty; while we know that the Gay community is age obsessed, there are other factors such as build and good looks. I'm not now and never was good looking and I've always been chubby. When younger I delighted in taking off the slim hunk of my choice and still enjoy it at 70. The young Thai go to the bars for amusement but they might be meet at Discos and other bars. Someone here younger than me should be able to recommend Silom places to try your hand.

Levelheaded
July 2nd, 2019, 01:50
Welcome to the forum, Levelheaded. :)

Thanks for the welcome!

And thanks for the comments everyone. Just a bit nervous about the whole thing cause I’ll be going solo.

Kind of a side question, but when I read posts like “they look at your wallet, not you” (etc) do you actually put your wallet on the table like that to be showcased?

joe552
July 2nd, 2019, 02:18
The last thing I'm looking at in a go-go bar is the other customers. If you have cash, you'll be welcome. Enjoy your trip.

Jellybean
July 2nd, 2019, 03:58
. . . Kind of a side question, but when I read posts like “they look at your wallet, not you” (etc) do you actually put your wallet on the table like that to be showcased?

Whoever made that comment, Levelheaded, probably meant that many go-go boys are more concerned about the customer's ability to pay and, in some cases, pay handsomely rather than their age or appearance. Given your young age, I would imagine you will attract considerable attention from the go-go boys.

Personally, I would recommend keeping your wallet or cash securely located in a pocket, preferably a zipped or buttoned pocket and most definitely not on full view on a table.

By the way, as a new member your first five or so posts will be moderated before being moved to a topic, so expect some delay. This is a security measure to protect the membership from: spam, hydras/clones, toxic IP addresses and "bad" email domains. Once you are over the posting threshold you'll be able to post direct to a topic.

gerefan2
July 2nd, 2019, 05:48
Kind of a side question, but when I read posts like “they look at your wallet, not you” (etc) do you actually put your wallet on the table like that to be showcased?

No, because the boys will not be able to see how much money ( if any) is actually inside it.

Better to extract all the cash and put that on the table instead.

Don’t go to the loo though!

Nirish guy
July 2nd, 2019, 05:55
Dont be silly, you cant expect the guy to be sitting in a bar, having a drink and NOT need a pee ! He just needs to be sure that he gives it to one of the boys or perhaps the doorman to look after whilst he's in the loo and as Thai's are so trusting there's no need even to count it before or after ! ( To be fair actually there's a fair to reasonable chance, depending on the the bar and the City that you just might get away with that ! ) - not though that your money wont end up gone, it'll be be used up fair and square but he end of the night more like - still, maybe best not to put that particular social experiment to the test eh :)

a447
July 2nd, 2019, 07:01
He just needs to be sure that he gives it to one of the boys or perhaps the doorman to look after whilst he's in the loo and as Thai's are so trusting there's no need even to count it before or after !

Don't be silly. Better give it to one of the mamasans. Unlike the boys and the doormen, they have your best interests at heart and are certainly not greedy!

Nirish guy
July 2nd, 2019, 07:03
Ha I PURPOSEFULLY DIDN"T add Mamasan's to my list as that WOULD have been just too ridiculous to happen and still even contemplate or expect a positive outcome from !

arsenal
July 2nd, 2019, 10:06
The average age of the punters is of little interest.. What is important is the average age of the boys on stage. And it's about 23.

homeseeker
July 2nd, 2019, 10:38
OP: Relax..You will not be out of place. In BKK it seems a majority of the customers in go go bars are Asians and are within your age range more or less.

frequent
July 2nd, 2019, 10:54
Dont be silly, you cant expect the guy to be sitting in a bar, having a drink and NOT need a pee ! He just needs to be sure that he gives it to one of the boys or perhaps the doorman to look after whilst he's in the loo and as Thai's are so trusting there's no need even to count it before or after ! Oh, we're discussing his wallet? I assumed it was his penis - when a frequenter of gogo bars I always got one of the boys to accompany me to the lavatory and hold my penis for me

gerefan2
July 2nd, 2019, 11:56
I always got one of the boys to accompany me to the lavatory and hold my penis for me

At arm’s length, no doubt.

cdnmatt
July 2nd, 2019, 12:42
The first time I went to Pattaya I think I was 24, and it was great. I loved it so much I kept going back all the time, and one time spent a good 6+ months there at once, before moving up to Khon Kaen in 2009.

If you're by chance slim and handsome as well, plus good hearted and respectful, expect the money boys to flock to you as you'll be somewhat of a breath of fresh air from their typical clientele. They will still expect money, lie to you all the time, and try to take advantage of you, same as if you were older, but you can expect the (gay) boys to want YOU to off them versus any of the other customers.

Expect to be shunned by the older folks around, because... I'm not sure what their problem has. Their own insecurities, or they'll view you as some dumb, naive kid, or who knows.

The average age range of customers in Pattaya is around retirement age. I was 24 when I first went I think, so was by far the youngest around. Now I'm 37, and if I do ever go back once I'm allowed in the country again, I'll be 41, and still one of the younger customers most likely.

Nonetheless, I had a blast in Pattaya in my younger days. Have a good trip!

Smiles
July 2nd, 2019, 13:05
" ... If you're by chance slim and handsome as well, plus good hearted and respectful, expect the money boys to flock to you as you'll be somewhat of a breath of fresh air ... "And of course, all of those characteristics you spew out would be just-like-you, right?
And what did you call all of your wrecked Thai/Lao lovers? In the end all 'fucking assholes' I believe it was.

frequent
July 2nd, 2019, 13:26
... they'll view you as some dumb, naive kid, We only have to read your posts to know the truth of that

frequent
July 2nd, 2019, 13:27
At arm’s length, no doubt.Who's been talking?! How did you know my penis is almost the length of my arm?

AsDaRa
July 2nd, 2019, 15:06
Did cdnmattt overstay his visa that he isn't allowed anymore for so many years?

Or he was working without a work visa? Looking at his age I expect the last. But more than 4 years not being allowed into Thailand is quite a harsh punishment.

stev3
July 2nd, 2019, 15:12
I was wondering the same thing Levelheaded, I'm about to visit for my first time as well in the summer.

I kind of just assume the go-go boys see all kinds of ages so they won't assume you will be cheap just because you're in your 20s.
I am wondering how easy it will be to find someone else in the same age range to go to check out the bars with or do most people go solo?

cdnmatt
July 2nd, 2019, 15:50
Yeah, I overstayed about 4.5 years. Well, 7 years actually, but I did clear the overstay once in the middle.

Yep, it is harsh, but that's what happens under military rule I guess. Even the customs officer in Canada wouldn't believe me that all I did was overstay, and was sure I must have comitted some criminal act to get blacklisted for 5 years.

Oh well, I'll just go to Vientiane. Hell, it's only 2 hours drive from where I used to live, and VISA there is no problem.

Levelheaded
July 2nd, 2019, 15:52
Whoever made that comment, Levelheaded, probably meant that many go-go boys are more concerned about the customer's ability to pay and, in some cases, pay handsomely rather than their age or appearance. Given your young age, I would imagine you will attract considerable attention from the go-go boys.

The boys you mentioned would more likely be from gay boys right (the attention)? Don’t see why the (straight) one would prefer me over another if I’m just a dude with money lol

And you all are funny haha. But yes, I’ll probably come off as naive but I’ll make the best of it at this point :p

Nirish guy
July 2nd, 2019, 15:59
I'll just go to Vientiane. Hell, it's only 2 hours drive from where I used to live, and VISA there is no problem.

And yet you're STILL in Canada.........

AsDaRa
July 2nd, 2019, 16:13
You are a digital nomad cdnmattt?

Jellybean
July 2nd, 2019, 16:57
I was wondering the same thing Levelheaded, I'm about to visit for my first time as well in the summer.

I kind of just assume the go-go boys see all kinds of ages so they won't assume you will be cheap just because you're in your 20s.
I am wondering how easy it will be to find someone else in the same age range to go to check out the bars with or do most people go solo?

Welcome to the forum stev3. :)

I have no reason to believe that bar boys will assume you are cheap simply because of your age. Other members may have a different opinion. Irrespective of the customers’ age, they will want paid the going commercial rate (the fees in Pattaya are, for example, cheaper than in Bangkok); some may attempt to obtain above the going rate if they suspect you are a complete newbie.

But on this topic, Levelheaded specifically referred to customers at go-go bars, so most of the comments so far have related to the commercial scene where you pay for the company of a bar-boy (of legal age). A younger person can however expect to find company in a gay club, such as D J Station in Bangkok, without payment, just as he would in any other gay club in the world.

Also in Bangkok, on Soi 4 (side street 4) off Silom Road, there are two bars and restaurants called Telephone Bar and Balcony Bar. They are not host or go-go bars and you could visit either of them for a drink and/or a meal and get talking with someone in your own age group and enquire about visiting the bars and/or clubs together. Customers visit the go-go bars with a friend, a group of friends or on their own. You will not attract any adverse comments from customers for simply being on your own, well, not in my experience.

frequent
July 2nd, 2019, 18:47
Yep, it is harsh, but that's what happens under military rule I guess.Your current argument is that visa overstayers are only punished by military governments???

gerefan2
July 2nd, 2019, 20:12
Even the customs officer in Canada wouldn't believe me that all I did was overstay, and was sure I must have comitted some criminal act to get blacklisted for 5 years.

You did....if any of this story is to be believed, of course.

Jellybean
July 2nd, 2019, 21:46
Whoever made that comment, Levelheaded, probably meant that many go-go boys are more concerned about the customer's ability to pay and, in some cases, pay handsomely rather than their age or appearance. Given your young age, I would imagine you will attract considerable attention from the go-go boys . . .

The boys you mentioned would more likely be from gay boys right (the attention)? Don’t see why the (straight) one would prefer me over another if I’m just a dude with money lol . . .

In my previous post, Levelheaded, I was primarily thinking about the reaction of gay go-go boys to seeing you walk through the door. Not being straight, I’m not really sure how a straight (gay-for-pay) go-go boy would react to seeing you.

Given the choice, would he prefer to have gay sex with a young male foreigner rather than a considerably old male foreigner? Maybe/probably/perhaps/I don’t know. Your guess is as good as mine. ;)

AsDaRa
July 2nd, 2019, 23:37

You did....if any of this story is to be believed, of course.

Waht I find a bit hard to believe in cdnmatt's story is this Canada customs officers remark to him. How would that officer know that cdnmatt has been banned for 4 years from Thailand?

I would assume that is only listed in a government database from Thailand. Or is the whole idea you are already stopped in your own country when you want to board a flight to Thailand and that is why this has to be known also in your own country?

cdnmatt
July 2nd, 2019, 23:42
Waht I find a bit hard to believe in cdnmatt's story is this Canada customs officers remark to him. How would that officer know that cdnmatt has been banned for 4 years from Thailand?

I would assume that is only listed in a government database from Thailand. Or is the whole idea you are already stopped in your own country when you want to board a flight to Thailand and that is why this has to be known also in your own country?

No, I naturally got deported back to Canada, then pulled into secondary upon landing in Vancouver.

AsDaRa
July 2nd, 2019, 23:45
Ok thanks. Clear.

Another question I had: what did you do for a living while in Thailand.

cdnmatt
July 3rd, 2019, 01:03
Ok thanks. Clear.

Another question I had: what did you do for a living while in Thailand.

Same as I've been doing since I was 19 -- online software development. Last time I had a "real job", I was 19 and raking dirt for $8/hour while landscaping.

frequent
July 3rd, 2019, 05:16
Another question I had: what did you do for a living while in Thailand.Do keep up AsDaRa. He was working for his Russian Mafia overlords and being paid in the favourite “currency” of organised crime, Bitcoin

latintopxxx
July 6th, 2019, 07:14
Most gogos , straight or gay or whatever in between are probably totally numb when it comes to feelings, when they have to pretend and act like every single customer is a "sexy man" and they have sex with countless men it all becomes rather mechanical and meaningless. So whether you are 18 or 88 I really dont think the gogo cares, all that counts is the moola.

sglad
July 7th, 2019, 09:58
Most gogos , straight or gay or whatever in between are probably totally numb when it comes to feelings, when they have to pretend and act like every single customer is a "sexy man" and they have sex with countless men it all becomes rather mechanical and meaningless. So whether you are 18 or 88 I really dont think the gogo cares, all that counts is the moola.

That's right. So if he does nothing back in the room, he's either lazy and unprofessional and has gotten way with it many times before and still received his tip from some meek, guilt-ridden farangs OR...

he is totally repelled by you and won't even give you five minutes of mechanical sex.

latintopxxx
July 7th, 2019, 19:19
so true...so true

Joe1997
July 15th, 2019, 13:16
I'm 21 and in pretty good shap. I go to the bars a fair bit (in bangkok rn) as I like the atmosphere and shows more than anything. Have offed a few times though.

There tends to be a mix of perspective depending on the bar. I'd say the vast majority don't give a shit about spending time with someone younger and decent enough looking and just want as much money. Whilst others, mainly twinks, give me a lot of attention.

Once I asked a hot guy from Fresh Boys to come sit with me. But at the same time an elder Chinese guy did too. He picked the chinese guy. Haha =(

Smiles
July 15th, 2019, 13:55
Another Joe? Welcome to Sawatdee.
Have no fear, for the 'Other Joe' is I believe in his middle 80's and wears a bra. (But nothing wrong with that.)

sglad
July 15th, 2019, 20:25
Have no fear, for the 'Other Joe' is I believe in his middle 80's and wears a bra. (But nothing wrong with that.)

And here I thought joe552 was different from the other farang here...how disappointing. :(

bkkguy
July 15th, 2019, 20:31
And here I thought joe552 was different from the other farang here...how disappointing. :(

while many of the older farang here really need a bra, joe552 just seems more comfortable with actually wearing one!

sglad
July 15th, 2019, 20:36
while many of the older farang here really need a bra, joe552 just seems more comfortable with actually wearing one!

The important thing is that he's getting the support that he needs.

AsDaRa
July 15th, 2019, 22:02
21 and already an expat ? Hardly finished highschool.
You are a student at a Thai University ? If so they speak English in class? I am curious to the background story of this all.

BOY69
July 16th, 2019, 04:17
21 yeas old should easily attract many Thais at the apps for free why should bother go to the bars ...

francois
July 16th, 2019, 10:17
All young guys go to some type of bars to socialize.

frequent
July 16th, 2019, 12:07
All young guys go to some type of bars to socialize."All"? Seriously?

joe552
July 16th, 2019, 19:37
Another Joe? Welcome to Sawatdee.

63 Smiles!!!

Joe1997
July 17th, 2019, 05:31
21 yeas old should easily attract many Thais at the apps for free why should bother go to the bars ...

I do! I often go to DJ Station.

But I don't need to explain a night out at DJ station is different to a night out in a gogo.

BOY69
July 19th, 2019, 02:38
Yes there is a difference at DJ station you don't need to pay for the sex.

latintopxxx
July 19th, 2019, 05:21
dunno about that...the place is definitey stuffed full to the rafters with money boys...may not be apparent at first but the closer one gets to retiring back ti the hotel the more obvious it becomes...

sglad
July 20th, 2019, 17:27
I do! I often go to DJ Station.

But I don't need to explain a night out at DJ station is different to a night out in a gogo.

At a go go, the hoes are dancing on stage and the customers are watching them from their seats.

At DJ, the hoes and customers are dancing together on the dance floor. The shy ones (hoes and customers) are watching from the sidelines.

pong
January 27th, 2020, 13:42
Back to the age issue-the female such Thai ladies (as we all know there are many, many more of those as the males) do have a liking for elder men: they are far more easy to please, they want less of the acts to perform-getting tired soon enough, are more ´gentlemenlike´=giving some more care (as in the BFE=boyfr exp. like a stageact drama), and in general give less pwobwems. Younger guys simply want too much bang for the baht. And they tend to stay in cheaper thus less luxury hotels etc.-though if the relation looks like longer time, the girls may very well guide him to cheaper HTLs, esp. in Pattaya.
I for myself mostly find that 2nd/3s etc times improve considerably the interaction as then the guy pretty well also knows you must have liked what he did and the testing out phase of what the customer likes is also done by.
But this may well be reverse for young Thai real gay guys, the distrust of younger farang customers.
BUT then many str8s report there are quite a lot of younger Thai working girls who also seem to very much like all that banging etc. as a real pleasure life can bring to us all.
BTW-I found this thread as I read somewhere else that dear matty was expelled and back in Canuckyland and wanted to see the why and wherefor. Did the Thai govmt even pay for his flite to back home? Do you support the old flame who came directly from the temple?
In the EU/schengenarea bans are even much more severe for overstays.

frequentfliers
January 28th, 2020, 00:44
Since when has age got anything to do with Go Go bars?
Seen it all now.

Zebedee
February 5th, 2020, 23:01
BTW-I found this thread as I read somewhere else that dear matty was expelled and back in Canuckyland and wanted to see the why and wherefor. Did the Thai govmt even pay for his flite to back home? Do you support the old flame who came directly from the temple?
In the EU/schengenarea bans are even much more severe for overstays.

Pong, there are many " POSTERS " on this forum that do not exist in real life. They are the invention of one possibly two individuals who manage these characters. It is much like the actors in a play or a movie. They are introduced with a typical punter type background in order to fit in here. Hopefully that " character " is developed to interact with some real posters even to the point of long disagreements to try to liven up the forum. You can see it with the same tired old prattle churned out ad nauseum where the character manager or puppet master is jaded for want of new ideas.
Some of the most entertaining threads in the past were really only by one real individual managing several " POSTERS" . When it becomes too much to handle they are " written off" like a character in a TV soap opera , went blind, ended up settled with a bar boy, whatever trite the readers will swallow.
But it's all entertainment , mostly harmless.

francois
February 5th, 2020, 23:09
But it's all entertainment , mostly harmless.

Zebedee, I do agree with most of what you posted, however I don't see it as entertainment nor do I consider it harmless.

Zebedee
February 5th, 2020, 23:15
Zebedee, I do agree with most of what you posted, however I don't see it as entertainment nor do I consider it harmless.

Actually Francois you are correct. It is only harmless / entertaining if one is aware that it's all a charade.