PDA

View Full Version : Bed bar?

August 5th, 2006, 01:10
BBC World 24 had a programme from Thailand a few days ago and featured a classy looking dance bar/club that had a room with beds and other cosy areas that had a gay night once a week. Anyone got any info on where it is etc?

AMARETTO-old
August 5th, 2006, 01:42
Isn't it "Bed supperclub" ? Pink night every sunday.

http://www.bedsupperclub.com/home.php

Jetsam
August 5th, 2006, 01:43
I typed in google: bed bar thailand

and voila...

BED SUPPERCLUB BANGKOK (http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Asia/Thailand/Central_Eastern_Thailand/Bangkok-1445238/Nightlife-Bangkok-Bed_Supperclub-BR-1.html)

edit: AMARETTO is quicker with google :clown:

August 5th, 2006, 02:29
Thanks guys! Anyone been there?

yaraboy
August 5th, 2006, 05:56
Yes, Mostly upper class Thai gays. Very trendy dressers. Place to be seen. People tend to be in groups. Strict door policy. Exclude those they choose to.

Smiles
August 5th, 2006, 10:28
" ... a classy looking dance bar/club that had a room with beds and other cosy areas ... "
Cosy?? This looks to me very like a knockoff of The Milk Bar in 'A Clockwork Orange'

http://www.photodump.com/direct/sawatdee/bedbar.jpg

Cheers ...

August 5th, 2006, 10:45
... comfortable and inviting as a wet weekend in Cleethorpes. One for the white shoe brigade eh BG! :cheers:

August 5th, 2006, 13:27
Oh er, I don't have any white shoes. It is a restaurant and serves delicious food, especially after all that oily street stuff, very good and relaxing and cool and soothing, highly recommended. I can't say I dressed up for it, just a pair of jeans and a white T-shirt, I took my shoes off at the table. The cliental seems to be a youngish bubbly lot with freshly washed hair.
That or there is something up with the static in there.

Aunty
August 5th, 2006, 15:56
I saw it on the BBC World News as well. Their travelogue programme this week and next is on Thailand. Funny thing was there wasn't a mention of a Gogo bar, hostess with the mostest bar, Pattaya, anything 'adult', or even a temple actually. The programme seemed to be about how Thailand wants to rebrand itself and move away from 'backpackers' as the main source of its tourists and go after the affluent upmarket jet-setter set. Hence the visit to the club above (lots of pretty young Thai with money) and all the other luxury resorts and places they showed.

I might be wrong but it wouldnтАЩt surprise me to see, in conjunction with this attempt at rebranding Thailand tourism, a concerted effort in several years by the Thai to shut down the farang sex-tourism market for the sake of тАШThailand; the upmarket family destinationтАЩ (face).

August 5th, 2006, 16:35
This is not the place for most posters to this board. Ugly as it may sound, it is more for under-40, trendy, educated, sporty, and wealthy Thais and some farangs, who like house music and fancy cocktails, and who wouldn't touch Pattaya with a ten-foot pole. A white-shoed sixty-something year old Pattaya sex tourist would be greeted with peals of laughter if he showed up at this place.

August 5th, 2006, 17:55
www.bedsupperclub.com/home.php (http://www.bedsupperclub.com/home.php)

The Gallery has some interesting pics. You may wish to view the Boys Like Me/Think Pink:80s Insanity pic.

August 5th, 2006, 21:43
and quite a few more photos from Bed events on http://www.gyent.com. Hadn't seen that website before. There are a few mature expats in the crowd and Thais with receding hairlines and a few familiar faces from here and there.

August 5th, 2006, 22:53
I've heard (and also read on this board, I believe?) that if you go to the Bed Supperclub, don't expect it to be a social occasion -- it's strictly a "see & be seen" environment. There is little-to-no mingling or socializing. Purely an S&M crowd. "Stand & Model". If you want cocktail and/or dinner conversation bring a friend, or plan on sitting alone for the evening.

I have not been there, but have heard this from several people who have. They say it is especially true on Pink Nights.

August 6th, 2006, 01:29
I saw it on the BBC World News as well. Their travelogue programme this week and next is on Thailand. Funny thing was there wasn't a mention of a Gogo bar, hostess with the mostest bar, Pattaya, anything 'adult', or even a temple actually. The programme seemed to be about how Thailand wants to rebrand itself and move away from 'backpackers' as the main source of its tourists and go after the affluent upmarket jet-setter set. Hence the visit to the club above (lots of pretty young Thai with money) and all the other luxury resorts and places they showed.

I might be wrong but it wouldnтАЩt surprise me to see, in conjunction with this attempt at rebranding Thailand tourism, a concerted effort in several years by the Thai to shut down the farang sex-tourism market for the sake of тАШThailand; the upmarket family destinationтАЩ (face).

Thank god for Aunty lol

I saw the whole programme and while it was interesting, long posts aren`t my forte. I didnt know wether to laugh or cry when that lady tourist minister?/official said they wanted thailand to be a family holiday destination - will never happen IMHO.

August 6th, 2006, 09:01
and there are always trendy gays there whether it is pink night or not. It is close to Qbar which is another hot place to go. It is very trendy, but they have great snack food, i've never heard or seen anyone eat at the restaurant they have. Also, BKK GWM is correct, if you think you are going to go to pick up on people, forget it, This is a place to take your friends dancing for a night, get dressed way up, open up a bottle or two and unwind. The music is the same you would find at any circuit party. It was here that 3 of my Thai friends discovered "cosmopolitans". The next day they made me go to every supermarket in town looking for "clanbelly juice" so that they could make them at home. (Fiesta Market by the way).

HWT