PDA

View Full Version : mobile phone

aot871
June 12th, 2019, 21:45
Would a uk mobile phone which is unlocked work in thailand , if a thai sim card is fitted, its just that i have aspare one at home and i need to replace my old thai phone

Nirish guy
June 12th, 2019, 23:57
Would a uk mobile phone which is unlocked work in thailand

Yes, used mine there many times without issue ( well except for crazy bills as I choose NOT to change the sim card and stuck with my UK one for work reasons - expensive choice !)

Mancs
June 13th, 2019, 04:21
Mine has worked ok when I have bothered to get a thai sim card. I tend not to bother recently and rely on net communication.

goji
June 13th, 2019, 05:43
I have used Huawei, Samsung and LG smartphones phones purchased in the UK in Thailand, with a Thai SIM with no problems at all.

Also, I tend to swap my UK SIM into an old push button Nokia whilst in Thailand, so I can use it to receive texts & so on (e.g. authorisation codes & so on).

I generally put my Thai SIM in my main phone and it's important to put the UK SIM somewhere safe when it is swapped out.

I have also used UK purchased phones in Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Burma, Malaysia, Singapore & The Philippines, with local SIMS in each case.
In the era of Grindr, google maps etc, I like to have data.

frequent
June 13th, 2019, 05:55
Would a uk mobile phone which is unlocked work in thailand , if a thai sim card is fitted, its just that i have aspare one at home and i need to replace my old thai phoneAs a couple of people have said (including me) in a different thread you need to look up your mobile phone model on the Internet and check the GSM bands that it uses. You then need to check with (say) True or AIS and see what GSM bands they use. If there's a match you're good to go. If it's an iPhone you'll automatically be OK