PDA

View Full Version : IN BAD TASTE

August 3rd, 2006, 17:38
God bless Ian you will be missed.I'm happy to hear the Internet is available in the after-life so he can read this heartfelt wish

August 3rd, 2006, 17:52
God bless Ian you will be missed.I'm happy to hear the Internet is available in the after-life so he can read this heartfelt wish

No one has ever come back let us know but if you are offering.

lonelywombat
August 3rd, 2006, 17:56

I have enjoyed your many posts over the few years I have been a member
I feel you have gone too far this time and feel ashamed that I have supported you.

August 3rd, 2006, 18:11

I feel you have gone too far this time and feel ashamed that I have supported you.

Thank you Lonely wombat it is good to see that we have some one with class on line.

August 3rd, 2006, 18:38
I feel you have gone too far this time and feel ashamed that I have supported you.I have never claimed to write in good taste. As Malcolm Muggeridge once said "Humour lies in the difference between human aspiration and human performance". I was hearing Princess Di jokes and Challenger jokes within half an hour of the deaths of those respective parties. It's life - and we're the living. Get over it

And Muggeridge's defininition explains why sex is such a topic of humour, and why pointing out the absurdity of englishrose's statement is appropriate. It made no comment about the dead whatsoever (note use of the word "dead", not the genteelism we've had so far in this thread)

August 3rd, 2006, 20:52
Because we hear jokes that are in bad taste does not make them either funny or right. The number that were going round about Gays and A.I.Ds offended many perhaps you would think of this in future. It is a common fact that people who joke about everything are insecure and please stop the misquotes .

Smiles
August 3rd, 2006, 21:06
" ... It is a common fact that people who joke about everything are insecure ... "
I have never heard this before.
In fact I was always under the impression that the dynamic would (should?) be pretty close to the opposite ... with some exceptions of course ~ Jerry Lewis for one. M. Homintern perhaps another :blackeye:

Was your statement above based on some poll or academic study?

Cheers ...

August 4th, 2006, 00:08
... the number of rationalisations people come up with about why people make jokes - usually by people who have no sense of the ridiculous. I haven't yet heard a rib-tickling joke about AIDS but I'm sure one exists and I look forward to hearing it - it will be most likely delivered by someone who has the disease. I'm pretty much convinced there is no subject that is exempt from humour, but I realise that many, many people are po-faced about one thing or another. If I have offended them ... tough

Impulse
August 4th, 2006, 08:12
I haven't yet heard a rib-tickling joke about AIDS but I'm sure one exists and I look forward to hearing it - it will be most likely delivered by someone who has the disease. This is a joke that Bob Hope used. "I heard the satue of liberty has aids,they dont know if she got it from the mouth of the hudson river or the staten island fairy"

August 4th, 2006, 10:04
DELETED

August 4th, 2006, 10:25
jon boating..

you are a complet asshole. are u relly that selfich and uncareing?

get a life.

-M

August 4th, 2006, 14:39
DELETED

August 4th, 2006, 17:34
However, I find it disgusting (and typical of some of the regular posters to this Forum) that they have found the announcement of Ian'S Death an excuse to indulge in levity and to make jokes about gays and AIDs. A shame on all of you!That sort of thing would never have happened during Lady Davina's time as Under Woman of the Chamberpot at Kensington Palace

August 4th, 2006, 20:31
Do you think the deceased will go to heaven or hell?

August 5th, 2006, 08:00
Do you think the deceased will go to heaven or hell?Is this a new poll? On the balance of probabilities - neither. Life extinguishes at death. Dust to dust, ashes to ashes ... but there is no resurrection, no after life, no reincarnation - nothing

August 5th, 2006, 08:04
Do you think the deceased will go to heaven or hell?Is this a new poll? On the balance of probabilities - neither. Life extinguishes at death. Dust to dust, ashes to ashes ... but there is no resurrection, no after life, no reincarnation - nothing

Nonsense! Im coming back as Frank Lampard!

August 5th, 2006, 08:07
And doesn't Brian Bonkers (aka. Prince Charles) want to come back as Camilla's tampon?