PDA

View Full Version : A memory

joe552
May 26th, 2019, 16:18
Here's a memory from the best holiday I had in Thailand. Kwan and I went to Si Saket to visit his parents. We spent about 2 weeks going to places like Preah Vihar and the Million Glass Bottles temple. I loved it. When we got back to Bangkok on the way to Pattaya, we were in a bar in Patpong (sorry, my knowledge of BKK is very limited). Across from Telephone Bar. We'd already stopped having sex together, but I still loved him.

"I would like to go with a woman", he said. "Oh, fair enough. Do you want to go to another bar?". "Yes". We went to a place nearby where he played pool with a young woman. I provided the requisite funds. I was happy to do so. I went back to our hotel alone.

He came back at about 6 o'clock in the morning. "Was it ok?", I asked. "Yes, it was good. Thank you".

joe552
May 26th, 2019, 17:13
I share my stories on my Facebook page - Joe Kelly Here and There. Check it out if you're interested. They are, of course, available for cash money on Amazon.

christianpfc
May 28th, 2019, 00:24
Kwan and I went to Si Saket to visit his parents. We spent about 2 weeks going to places like Preah Vihar and the Million Glass Bottles temple.
From the Thai side, you cannot go to Phra Viharn temple, only look at it from a distance. But the National Park is worth a visit nonetheless.

GWMinUS
May 29th, 2019, 11:42
From the Thai side, you cannot go to Phra Viharn temple, only look at it from a distance. But the National Park is worth a visit nonetheless.

Is this now the case?? I went there many years ago and we entered from the Thai side, went up the hill and crossed into Cambodia, then continued to the point overlooking the countryside below. Stunning visit!!

christianpfc
May 29th, 2019, 22:17
That must have been more than 10 years ago (details see internet, it was possible in the distant past to go to Phra Viharn temple from the Thai side). Pictures from my visit in January, Thai side, you would have walked over those rocks and through that gate:

joe552
May 31st, 2019, 12:01
GWMinUS - that is exactly my memory. Thanks.

Moses
June 4th, 2019, 12:05
How time flys!!
Yes it was back in 2006, 13 years ago.
Here are two photos...

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=2&ik=22d3d2d18d&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1635384122963530390&th=16b20d31f88e1296&view=att&disp=safe

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=2&ik=22d3d2d18d&attid=0.2&permmsgid=msg-f:1635384122963530390&th=16b20d31f88e1296&view=att&disp=safe

The second photo might be familiar. This was my Trusted Guide. Maybe he knew the secret way from the Thai Side. Had to get past all the Land Mines...

I see error 404 instead of photos

GWMinUS
June 4th, 2019, 12:09
Yes, how times flys!!
It was back in 2006. 13 years ago...

You might recognize the Guy in the second photo.
He was my Trusted Guide.
Maybe he knew the secret way in from the Thai side and through all the Land Mines!!

Smiles
June 4th, 2019, 16:31
I can't remember how long it's been since we were at Khao Phra Vihan (It's sometime from 7 to 10 years ago I'm sure) but that photo of the idiot on the cannon certainly brings back memories of that same idiot, same cannon. What a ham!

Since then we've been to Khao Phra Vihan 3 times . . . once when it was OK to go into Cambodia, and the next 2 times the Thai Army has turned us back. The last trip was with some Canadian friends who were visiting us this February, so the utter nonsense is still going on between Thailand and Cambodia.
It's a shame really as the ruins at Phra Vihan are quite spectacular (though the Cambodians do not keep it up anywhere as near on a scale of the Thais) and the view over Cambodia is as far as the eye can see.