PDA

View Full Version : Be warned! I'm going back!

joe552
May 13th, 2019, 20:26
Well, playmates, I made the decision to cash in my pension (well, a small part of it) and I'll have funds to visit Pattaya again in September. No definite dates or anything yet. Probably towards the latter end of September. I'm not in the slightest bit excited, as you can imagine. I'll be in either Yensabai or Mosaik.

You may want to adjust your own travel plans accordingly.

dab69
May 14th, 2019, 07:22
Fodder for another novel?
Sorry I like to miss winters here and make it double duty.
Mini-me might show up to stalk you now that Scottish is here no more.

joe552
May 14th, 2019, 11:55
I'm always writing in my head, dab69. I don't know if I said this before - I'm currently writing the 4th in a series about a young Dublin guy who joins the Royal Navy and is now raising 2 adopted children in Spain.

Nirish guy
May 14th, 2019, 15:56
Congrats on your forthcoming trip Joe and your decision to say "fuck it" and go - I recently had to make a similar decision re putting money away for a rainy day or pissing it up against the wall and I chose the first option against every bone in my body and I'm already starting to regret / resent it ! See if I dont live to a ripe old age now and die before I can blow it all......bloody fuming I'll be I can tell ya!

However in the meantime I do intend to try and keep pissing just as much as I can up against said wall just as much and for as long as I can none the less ! :-)

joe552
May 15th, 2019, 02:35
How great is this? I booked an apartment in Yensabai through a member of the forum. Paying less than I paid on my first visit, 15 years ago.

colmx
May 15th, 2019, 04:52
congrats on your return Joe!
I will be there first 2 weeks of September... Am I too early for the next meeting of the Sawatdee-Gay-Thailand-Irish Trade Union?

joe552
May 15th, 2019, 11:28
I haven't fixed a date yet - it depends on when the apartment is available.. It would be great to see you again. Our night out at the Morlam was really the highlight of my last holiday, and I thank you and Ronan for that. Apparently, boys are available every day/night. Who knew?

Smiles
May 15th, 2019, 15:54
Well Joe, I just hope ~ these days ~ you can keep selling those books to afford a Business Class ticket. As you can see below, I went out and Amazon'ed one of your tomes at an exorbitant price (the Si Saket one, yes, the one where you run all over Isaan fucking every 2nd gorgeous ThaiGuy you trip over).
It lies now, read at only the first page, but I'll be down at the beach tomorrow and will let you know what I think of you as an upstart Wilde, or better still, an Irish Joyce.

And talking about Irish writers, take a gander at Samuel Beckett. Now there's a man who's ragged face gives the truth that one gets the visage they deserve by their 70's.

A charming precis rings true regarding this observation:

" ... (Samuel Beckett) along with James Joyce, is considered to be one of the most influential playwrights, poets, and novelists of the 20th century. Writing in both English and in French, his writing is known to express a bleak outlook on human life and culture while incorporating gallows humor and black comedy, meaning that he managed to bring out the humor in situations that are hopeless and problematic ... "

Also, when one goes over the fence in old age, one doesn't give a damn about one's coiffer . . . he was not gay, obviously. Don't let this happen to you.

joe552
May 16th, 2019, 10:17
Ah, Smiles, just to be mentioned with Beckett in the same post is an honour. I've no time for Joyce. Why write stuff that people can't understand? I hope you enjoy the book. Thanks for paying cash money for it. A positive review on here would be very welcome.

frequent
May 16th, 2019, 10:18
Why write stuff that people can't understand? My aim is to write stuff that people think they understand

joe552
May 16th, 2019, 12:00
I like that, frequent.

joe552
May 16th, 2019, 12:06
This is my day in Pattaya. Some might say it's boring. I don't care. I have breakfast somewhere - there's a little place across from Yensabai which does really good scrambled eggs and crispy bacon. Head down to Pattaya Beer Garden and spend a couple of hours enjoying the music with beer. A nap in the afternoon. Double Shot for Happy Hour. Then Winner Boys. And back to my loom with a cutie. I don't think that's a bad way to spend your holidays.

frequent
May 16th, 2019, 12:14
... and crispy bacon ...That sums up my beef with Thailand. Have you ever found bacon that isn't crispy? Every rasher of bacon I've ever eaten in Thailand - and I'm including things like the LGBTQI sandwich (that is what it's called, right?) at, say, S&P has bacon that disintegrates into small hard pieces the moment you breathe on it

Daveuk
May 16th, 2019, 12:30
A great way to spend a holiday in Pattaya Joe552 !
I was in Pats during March and many of my days were similar. I stayed in Jomtien and my day usually started by saying goodbye to my off and them going for a walk by the sea, followed by a leisurely late breakfast. Then I would stroll down to the gay beach and take a chair in a concession where usually I found several friends and acquaintances for long chats and maybe a dip in the sea. Late afternoon was reserved for a nap and replying to emails. 6.30 was dinner time followed by a drink in the Complex. The most exciting part was taking a baht bus to a Gogo in BT (Cupidol) or Sunee (Winner very often) for fun and for offing a cute boy for transport back to Jomtien.

ceejay
May 16th, 2019, 20:23
If I had to choose an Irish writer (apart from Joe) to be marooned on a desert island with, it would be Flann O'Brien.

When things go wrong and will not come right, Though you do the best you can, When life looks black as the hour of night, A PINT OF PLAIN IS YOUR ONLY MAN.

joe552
May 16th, 2019, 21:37
Ah now your're talking pure genius, ceejay. Flann was also Myles na gCopallin, who wrote a weekly column in the Irish Times, called 'Man bites dog'. Brilliant.

joe552
May 16th, 2019, 21:40
Well, I had a meeting with the guy from the Mafia - he calls himself a Financial Adviser. I should have the funds in 4-6 weeks (or was that 46?) so the flight will be booked. I'm not in the least bit excited.

arsenal
May 17th, 2019, 17:36
Cafe Pitini and Deli Diner serve back bacon rather than streaky and the 1result is that it's texture is meaty, not crispy. It's American cured so slightly sweet but delicious nonetheless.

francois
May 18th, 2019, 18:16
This is my day in Pattaya. Double Shot for Happy Hour. Then Winner Boys.

No more Happy Hour at Double Shot; Winner Boys still active.

arsenal
May 19th, 2019, 09:33
I read on gaybutton that the bars were to be closed on Saturday night. Did this happen or are they closed tomorrow? Big religious hard-to-spell thingy.

dinagam
May 19th, 2019, 10:21
After the show at Castro in Boyztown, which started at 23:00 and ended at midnight on Friday evening, they made the announcement that the show on Saturday would start at midnight after the 24 hours Wesak day abstinence. I spent a delightful Saturday day at Dongtan Beach followed by a relaxing massage in Jomtian (or rather laying side by side with a cute teenager on the narrow bed) to end the day. Didn't explore any of the bars yesterday evening.

francois
May 19th, 2019, 10:57
I read on gaybutton that the bars were to be closed on Saturday night. Did this happen or are they closed tomorrow? Big religious hard-to-spell thingy.

Closed on Saturday,open today.

arsenal
May 21st, 2019, 11:40
A-Bomb is closed and not looking likely to re-open anytime soon. Vision Karaoke had about 70 boys kicking their heels on stage last night and was quite busy at 3.00am.

gerefan2
May 21st, 2019, 21:05
A-Bomb is closed and not looking likely to re-open anytime soon.

Interesting. I saw something somewhere that said it was closed for refurbishment and being taken over by some Japanese. Suspect the usual Thai face saving statement...its gone!

Dodo (one of the better looking waiters there) who is usually posting pictures on facebook of himself outside A Bomb, almost daily basis, now seems to be visiting other gogo bars and other venues nightly with the ex owner. Again looking at the pics posted on his facebook.