PDA

View Full Version : Short-term rooms in Sunee Plaza?

Mirek
May 11th, 2019, 02:53
I wonder if you could give me some advice about how to handle offs in Sunee Plaza. More specifically, are there fresh short-term rooms available very close to the bars with offable guys that you would recommend? Freshness is more important than price. If so, what makes them good, where can they be found, what is the price and is the check-in/check-out procedure simple?

I ask because I have so far tried two options that are not ideal: (i) returning to my regular hotel, but it is quite far away and I don't like to initiate traveling when I have just offed someone to interact; and (ii) the Mama-San or some colleague of hers have taken me to some short-term room in Sunee Plaza, but these have, as a rule, been quite unfresh, and the service has not been impressive. So any ideas about how to solve this delicate problem would be greatly appreciated!

dab69
May 12th, 2019, 03:12
the boys should be able to direct you to a hotel nearby if all else fails

gerefan2
May 12th, 2019, 04:16
Try the Elephant Hotel, part of Doubleshot bar.

goji
May 12th, 2019, 06:02
The normal approach is to take them back to your hotel room, so no short time hotel.

Manforallseasons
May 12th, 2019, 08:07
The normal approach is to take them back to your hotel room, so no short time hotel.

Obviously for some reason he wants to avoid taking a boy back to his hotel.

dab69
May 12th, 2019, 11:58
the walk to boystown takes longer than they want to take, and they get all sweaty.
God forbid I ever again suggest taking a damn motorcycle taxi and start another thread!

arsenal
May 12th, 2019, 13:12
A decent hotel with an on-your-side receptionist checking and keeping the ID is the only safe option and the only one I use.

It also makes for a much nicer experience for the john and the off.

frequent
May 12th, 2019, 14:22
A decent hotel with an on-your-side receptionist checking and keeping the ID is the only safe option and the only one I use. It also makes for a much nicer experience for the john and the off.It also gives the staff something else to gossip about

Mirek
May 12th, 2019, 14:56
Thank you for your tips, guys! Sounds like the Elephant is a place for me to check out.

Yes, my regular hotel would be pleasant, but there is no easy and quick way to get there, and I dread walking (getting sweaty + do not know what to talk about).

dab69
May 12th, 2019, 16:00
It also gives the staff something else to gossip about

I can just imagine them laughing while watching their secret hidden recording cams...
And we wonder where they get fodder for all those vids Jomtien Beach vendors sell so cheaply!

goji
May 12th, 2019, 17:30
the walk to boystown takes longer than they want to take, and they get all sweaty.

Whilst Thai boys are reluctant to walk, I have never had any problems with them walking from Boyztown to Mosaik or from Sunee to Boyztown. Sweat is solved with a visit to the shower.

The only reasons I can think of NOT to take a boy to your hotel is if there is someone in the hotel who you want to conceal your fun from or if you carelessly booked a hotel which does not accept joiners.

Someone once said that either Power Boys or Nice Boys had a short time room. I don't remember which. I would also bet that the room is NOT at all fresh.
I don't know what your budget is, but I think the small rooms at The Flamingo hotel are about 800 baht a night. You could just book one of those for the whole night. An old hotel, but the cleaning used to be fine.
Flamingo seem to have ceased all marketing, so just walk in and ask.

Mirek
May 12th, 2019, 20:16
Thanks for the tips, guys! I appreciate your input. So the Elephant or the Flamingo seem to be possible options, which I will look into.

Again, the hotel where I'm staying is too far away: I dislike walking long distances (due to sweat and an awkwardness relating to a lack of topics to talk about), and there is no convenient transport available either (I am not interested in MC taxis).

Mirek
May 13th, 2019, 00:40
-OMG Power Boys short time "room" was AWESOME.
It's the whole upstairs of the building with a couch AND a bed, weights and bench, mirrors, disco lights windows and curtains..
Other details escape me over the years, but a REALLY convenient location but certainly only if your off is from Power Boys.
You may be asked to include your tip to the boy when renting the room and paying the off fee to the bar.

Is it still available?

dab69
May 13th, 2019, 00:40
-OMG Power Boys short time "room" was AWESOME.
It's the whole upstairs of the building with a couch AND a bed, weights and bench, mirrors, disco lights, windows.
A REALLY convenient location.
You may be asked to include your tip to the boy when renting the room and paying the off fee to the bar, but that was ages ago.

christianpfc
May 15th, 2019, 21:13
There is/was Baan Lek which advertised SHOT (sic!) TIME ROOM 300 THB. I once had a look at their rooms for overnight, but it was not appealing (If I remember correctly, nor aircon).

But I stayed in Marina Inn several times, and now you should be able to get a room for 500 THB.

Oliver2
May 15th, 2019, 22:04
For my first visit in 1995, I stayed at the Royal Garden on a package and, being new and shy, used a variety of short-time rooms. They were all execrable with the possible exception of those above Cockpit, later Throb.
My next stay was at Le Cafe Royal and what a difference having a room in gay hotel made! I agree with others that short- time rooms should be avoided. Even a cheap hotel is better.

sglad
May 16th, 2019, 17:37
For my first visit in 1995, I stayed at the Royal Garden on a package and, being new and shy, used a variety of short-time rooms. They were all execrable with the possible exception of those above Cockpit, later Throb.

Even worse than the Tarntawan?

Nathan B
May 19th, 2019, 23:54
I regularly use Marina Inn (on some websites it's called Marine Paradise) for short time rooms in Sunee. It's very basic but has aircon and hot water. If you walk past Winner bar, with the bar on your left hand side, Marina is on the next corner (the rooms run back over the top of Winner and adjacent bars) - so it's a very convenient location. It was 400 Baht for short time in February and May this year.

riverdee
May 20th, 2019, 03:58
sorry guys just brings back memories for me but must have been 10 years ago my first visit to LOS Krazy bar next to krazy dragon was so shy and naieve my first off ,scared to take him back to hotel but forget where we went for short time just some things you never forget in life

Captain Swing
May 20th, 2019, 08:15
I too used the Marina Inn once--it was fine for the purpose. I also used the Inchat apartments a few times--It's been a few years so I don't know if they're the same as they were. They couldn't be more conveniently located and they rented short-time if they had vacancy. No hassles, and probably the most squalid room I've ever been in. It made me sad to think some of the boys ( and other people) actually lived there. I'm not sure what you meant by "fresh," but I guarantee this ain't it. In its defense I didn't actually see any actual rats. There was also a Brigadoon-type small hotel a few doors from Nice Boys. I never noticed it before or after the night I used it. The boy directed me there and it was fine. It seemed like an actual small hotel with a reception desk, aircon, seemingly clean sheets, and perfectly acceptable, considering. I don't know if it's still there, but I didn't know it was there when I was actually inside it. In any case, ask the boy, or the mamasan. They will definitely have options to offer you.

francois
May 20th, 2019, 13:12
There was also a Brigadoon-type small hotel a few doors from Nice Boys. I never noticed it before or after the night I used it. The boy directed me there and it was fine. It seemed like an actual small hotel with a reception desk, aircon, seemingly clean sheets, and perfectly acceptable, considering. I don't know if it's still there, but I didn't know it was there when I was actually inside it. In any case, ask the boy, or the mamasan. They will definitely have options to offer you.

Not sure what a Brigadoon-type small hotel means, but it sounds like the old Howards Hotel which was close to Nice Boys. Now long gone.

frequent
May 20th, 2019, 14:31
Not sure what a Brigadoon-type small hotel means ...Perhaps you don't recall the scene from Four Weddings and a Funeral where Gareth exclaims "It's Brigadoon! It's bloody Brigadoon!"?

Captain Swing
May 20th, 2019, 16:15
In the musical Brigadoon, the title refers to a Scottish village that appears for one day every one hundred years and then disappears again. That's how I felt about that hotel. I had never noticed it before the night I went there and never noticed it again later. It may have always been there, and may be there still, but it is or was very unobtrusive. I'm sure it wasn't Howard's. I remember it as being on the same block as Nice Boys, just a few doors away, to the East, but my memory could be a little fuzzy. I remember the boy, though--his name was Tum. Handsome but dumb. Wonder where he is now--wherever he is I hope he's happy.

snotface
May 20th, 2019, 17:07
I remember the boy, though--his name was Tum. Handsome but dumb.

Don't you just love those short Thai nicknames, though they can be the devil to remember correctly (was that boy I met a while back Nut or Wut, Ton or Fon, Gai or Pai?). On my very first trip to Thailand in 1989 I met a boy in the old Apollo bar in Bangkok who was called Mud. I remember the name because, in my otherwise hazy recollection of the occasion, he introduced himself thus: 'My name is Mud.'

frequent
May 21st, 2019, 05:13
Don't you just love those short Thai nicknames, though they can be the devil to remember correctly (was that boy I met a while back Nut or Wut, Ton or Fon, Gai or Pai?). On my very first trip to Thailand in 1989 I met a boy in the old Apollo bar in Bangkok who was called Mud. I remember the name because, in my otherwise hazy recollection of the occasion, he introduced himself thus: 'My name is Mud.'I think I’ve fucked half the alphabet - certainly A, B, C, J, P and T spring immediately to mind

dinagam
May 21st, 2019, 07:54
I think I’ve fucked half the alphabet - certainly A, B, C, J, P and T spring immediately to mind

I think you should try out a few more vowels and consonants for a more professional opinion.

Oliver2
May 21st, 2019, 09:28
To continue frequent's theme...my acquaintances have included E, M, O (remember him at Throb?) and best of all , P's nephew, F. I asked P once how he'd react if a younger member of his family followed his example and chased the bright lights of Pattaya.
"Up to him," was the inevitable reply. I think F would do very well.

frequent
May 21st, 2019, 11:51
I think you should try out a few more vowels and consonants for a more professional opinion.I've tried "U" a few times

Newbie99
October 26th, 2019, 10:14
There is a hotel on the street just south of Sunnee.

sglad
October 28th, 2019, 00:07
I think I’ve fucked half the alphabet - certainly A, B, C, J, P and T spring immediately to mind

C? More BS from someone who clearly has never been to Thailand. C sounds like the Thai number 4, sii (low tone) which in turn sounds like the Chinese word 死 si which means 'to die'. It's considered unlucky and no Thai would call him or herself C.

Oliver2
October 28th, 2019, 14:28
I recall a guy from Sawatdee Boys in Pattayaland 1 who told me that his name was "See" and used it in his email address. In fact, I recall him very well indeed...

dinagam
October 28th, 2019, 15:16
Thank God the Thais see 'sii' differently from Singaporean Chinese, irrespective of tones.

frequent
October 28th, 2019, 15:57
I recall a guy from Sawatdee Boys in Pattayaland 1 who told me that his name was "See" and used it in his email address. In fact, I recall him very well indeed...Now now Olly it's important to him that sglad tries to discredit me. I'll leave it to you to figure out why. I always enjoy the outbursts that suggest he's not what he claims to be; indeed I make an effort to leave little traps around precisely so he will over-reach in his responses. I keep telling him that and he keeps jumping right in