PDA

View Full Version : New Go-Go Bars in Patpong

werner
April 30th, 2019, 12:46
This forum has discussed the demise of Soi Twilight and the relocation of some bars to the Patpong area.

I recently visited Bangkok for work. Although I was extremely busy, I managed to visit one bar, Lucky Boys--and have fun for one night.

(I am not sure whether Lucky Boys is a new bar, or merely the new name of an old bar that had relocated from Soi Twilight. Perhaps some one knows...)

In any case, I was very pleased. The bar had at least 40 or so guys available. I found several strikingly attractive--very handsome with lean, athletic bodies. The guy that I found most attractive was NOT wearing a number. He was supposedly waiting for a customer, but after some discussion with the mama-san -- and a generous tip to the mama san -- I was able to off him for the night. He provided outstanding services. I was completely satisfied., and tipped him well.

Despite the closing of Soi Twilight, the night life of Bangkok seems to be thriving! Have forum members visited the new bars? If so, please provide your reviews.

Mancs
April 30th, 2019, 18:30
It's X Boys, as was, with many of the same staff and a surprisingly large, flash new venue.

Eddie
May 7th, 2019, 20:59
It's Xboys & Classic Boys combined. They didn't have to spend too much in refurbishing the venue as it was an operating lady or ladyboy bar previously.

snotface
May 16th, 2019, 17:13
He provided outstanding services. I was completely satisfied., and tipped him well.

I don't know what the two of you got up to together, but I’m reminded of a friend's admiring comment when describing his regular Thai boy's oral skills: 'He could suck the chrome off a doorknob, that one.'

sglad
May 16th, 2019, 17:33
I don't know what the two of you got up to together, but I’m reminded of a friend's admiring comment when describing his regular Thai boy's oral skills: 'He could suck the chrome off a doorknob, that one.'

If he's sucking off Pattaya farang, then the appropriate metaphor would be, "He could suck the rust off a doorknob, that one."

dinagam
May 16th, 2019, 20:18
I would like to be more respectful of the older members and would compare them to antique metal objects d'art having acquired a layer of verdigris.

sglad
May 16th, 2019, 20:29
I had to look up "verdigris," dinagay. I thought it was some kind of venereal disease.:D

AsDaRa
May 24th, 2019, 13:45
Can someone made a map of where all the new bars are

Asia Traveler
May 25th, 2019, 07:53
So what gay bars are now in Patpong?

Sen Yai
May 26th, 2019, 10:02
Can someone made a map of where all the new bars are

Try this:
(Comments for errors or additions welcome)

Andaman!
May 26th, 2019, 12:26
Thanks for this - very useful facility. Please add my favourite gay massage venue - Magic Touch Mr Tree - which is on the soi behind Rose Hotel about where the second “k” in the Karaoke heading is on your map.

Josan
May 26th, 2019, 16:54
Great map. THANKS!

Asia Traveler
May 26th, 2019, 22:12
Excellent thank you!

werner
May 27th, 2019, 11:44
Sen Yai, thank you very much for your useful and well-designed map!

werner
May 27th, 2019, 11:49
I loved the jokes about door nobs and appreciate the excellent map.

Forum members: Please provide reviews of these bars.

From my limited experience at only one bar, Lucky Boy, the go-go life of Bangkok seems to be heating up, and we do NOT need to lament the end of Soi Twilight . Many of the most attractive guys seem to be from Cambodia, Vietnam, and Myanmar rather than Thai...

christianpfc
May 29th, 2019, 22:25
Good map! Did you make it or get it from elsewhere? Only the year '18 is wrong.

Nirish guy
May 30th, 2019, 03:28
Great Map - my only comment is that assuming it's still has the same owner I personally dont believe any gay map should have "indigo restaurant" ( number 39) on it as the owner is one mean, bitter, angry, violent homophobic cunt ! And before anyone asks why you can search my posts re that from a few years back - his behaviour was that homophobically bad towards myself and a Thai "friend" who went to dine there we had to leave / were thrown out ( under threat of violence) so I make no apologies for posting that info again to avoid anyone else possibly having the same experience - oh and because he's a cunt !

* For balance I should say that I think at the time someone else / others commented they'd been there without incident, but all I can tell you is my experience - and the guy I was with wasn't young, an (obvious) MB or in anyway out of place in comparison to other diners there - well, except we were obviously a gay "couple" of course.

sglad
May 31st, 2019, 00:48
* For balance I should say that I think at the time someone else / others commented they'd been there without incident, but all I can tell you is my experience - and the guy I was with wasn't young, an (obvious) MB or in anyway out of place in comparison to other diners there - well, except we were obviously a gay "couple" of course.

Perhaps they thought you were the overly camp one. Might help to flap and flounce a little less.

Nirish guy
May 31st, 2019, 02:01
Well now if that were the case then you might have a point but you're incorrect about that so no sorry, I am sure that wasn't it - anyway, nothing wrong with a bit of flouncing should it take ones fancy and it's certainly no reason to be almost forcibly ejected from a restaurant with shouts about "gay people" and "disgusting" in your years for absolutely no reason eh.....or maybe you think that that's acceptable behaviour towards us "gays", me personally I don't and I don't tolerate for it.

I should add that a former member here "Fountain hall" had exactly the same experience on a totally different visit with his friends too, where he too was subjected to a homophobic rant by the owner. So, how many times do we let homophobes off with it by gay shaming other gays about "flouncing' ( or not) before we actually call it like it is and say a collective FUCK YOU to the homophobes and in this case the owner of a place by refusing to give him any more of our apparently disgusting gay money.

If that doesn't convince for you then can I suggest you also read just some of the the many many trip advisor reviews that talk about the rats in their kitchen running about having a "gay" old time or people getting food poisoning or the many many tales about the astonishing arrogance of the owner and manager.......perhaps the gay rats are where his homophobia started ......but I doubt it !!

Anyway, Here's just a small selection of his SHIT reviews......but hey, it was probably someone flouncing about that caused all of that then eh.....

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g293916-d1029095-r671073422-Indigo-Bangkok.html

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?18447-Indigo-French-Restauant-Bangkok

Meanwhile getting back on track, thanks again to Sen Yai for posting the Map, it's great and I'm sure will be widly used by us all on our trips to relocate old friends who may have moved from S.T.

Mancs
June 1st, 2019, 05:55
That map is very good. Thank you. I'm really impressed with it. I thought I read that G Boys had closed? And I think BBB Inn and Take a Nap need to be swopped round in their positions.

Smiles
June 1st, 2019, 08:06
Damn good map SenYai. It would help if the helmsman of this message board (AKA: 'Peter the Great') could sticky it to the top of the Forum so it doesn't get lost in the general hoopla, over time.

You don't often poke you're head into this bear pit anymore, but when you do, “tu es magnifique” :dirol_mini:

Moses
June 2nd, 2019, 01:59
Damn good map SenYai. It would help if the helmsman of this message board (AKA: 'Peter the Great') could sticky it to the top of the Forum so it doesn't get lost in the general hoopla, over time.

You don't often poke you're head into this bear pit anymore, but when you do, “tu es magnifique” :dirol_mini:

Huge mistake :) I'm Ivan Terrible...

Josan
June 2nd, 2019, 04:18
Map

On Silom Soy 6 there is an extra blue dot that is not numbered. Which hotel is that?

sglad
June 2nd, 2019, 05:17
Map

On Silom Soy 6 there is an extra blue dot that is not numbered. Which hotel is that?

The Bates Motel.

Faranglaw
June 3rd, 2019, 23:57
The Bates Motel.

Do the showers work?

sglad
June 6th, 2019, 05:19
Do the showers work?

Dunno but there are plenty of peepholes.

Agoda offers special rates if you're staying with your mother.

Sen Yai
June 11th, 2019, 22:06
Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions!

Andaman! I have added Magic Touch (35) as your suggestion. But is it really a M/M massage place? I have never been there, but my definition of M/M (and I have only listed those places here) is the sort of place where you pay something like THB600~800 for the room and the massage of your choice (cream/oil/Thai/Swedish etc) but then you are expected to pay a tip to the masseur of THB1,000~1,500)for some form of happy ending – again in the style of your choice! There are any number of ~THB300 foot/calf massage places in Silom/Surawongse and I will not attempt to list all those! I have however added both Arena (37) and The Best Massage (36) as I realised that Silom Plaza is within the limits of the map.

christianpfc Yes, I made the map myself. I had been hoping someone would make a new map for a while, so when AsDaRa made his request, I thought I may as well do it myself….

Nirish guy Since you were so traumatised by your experience at Indigo, I have deleted it and replaced it with Fork & Cork by Sphinx (56) on Soi 4, which was a serious omission in my part anyway.

Mancs As far as I know (last visit March ’19) G-Boys is still open. Does anyone else have more up to date information? But you are right, I got Take-a-Nap and BBB Inn the wrong way around. Now shown as (79) and (80) respectively. Thanks Mancs!

Jo-san Josan! That blue dot on Silom Soi 6 is The Fah. Now shown as (84) I am sure I numbered it before…..!

Smiles Thanks for your warm words, but how very dare you suggest (elsewhere) that I had plagiarised this map from some unknown and un-disclosed source! It is of course the product of my own mis-spent life.

I have now updated the map with comments received (and a few more amendments of my own) and, with a nod to the late and lamented DreadedNed, who provided many of us with the best information available back in the day, I have changed the background colour to lilac and the font to Comic-Sans.

This is now version 1.1 dated June ’19 (yes, 2019!) and I might produce further updates in future if readers are kind enough to provide constructive comments and suggestions.

dinagam
June 11th, 2019, 22:17
The pink background is, in my opinion, easier on the eyes.

gerefan2
June 11th, 2019, 23:23
Connections bar, Soi 4??

Jellybean
June 12th, 2019, 00:26
Thank you Sen Yai for updating your map of Silom / Suriwongse - Venues of interest (2019), taking into account suggestions and feedback from forum members.

I have copied your post, with the updated map, to the sticky thread, which was created by Moses at the request of Smiles. In this prominent, permanent position, it will be easily accessible by our members and readers.

Smiles
June 12th, 2019, 12:36
" ... Smiles Thanks for your warm words, but how very dare you suggest (elsewhere) that I had plagiarised this map from some unknown and un-disclosed source! It is of course the product of my own mis-spent life ...Sorry about that Sen Yai. I just assumed that you had found it somewhere on the WWnet.
'Plagiarism' was the last of my thoughts as the map looked so professional, possibly put together be a large number of folks, rather than one man standing alone one muggy night in Silom/Suriwong/Patpong/et al. with a piece of paper and a pencil and a dozen beers..
But forgive me ... a great job. One that I would never contemplate tackling.

Andaman!
June 12th, 2019, 15:39
B
Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions!

Andaman! I have added Magic Touch (35) as your suggestion. But is it really a M/M massage place? I have never been there, but my definition of M/M (and I have only listed those places here) is the sort of place where you pay something like THB600~800 for the room and the massage of your choice (cream/oil/Thai/Swedish etc) but then you are expected to pay a tip to the masseur of THB1,000~1,500)for some form of happy ending – again in the style of your choice! There are any number of ~THB300 foot/calf massage places in Silom/Surawongse and I will not attempt to list all those! I have however added both Arena (37) and The Best Massage (36) as I realised that Silom Plaza is within the limits of the map.

Thanks for updating your map. Magic Touch is most definitely a proper M/M establishment with much more than just a happy ending. The only oddity is that the staff operate on a rotation basis so there is no choice other than with pre-booking for repeat visits. There staff are handsome, hung, horny and give a proper massage before moving on to demonstrate full use of their substantial assets. Rooms are comfortable and well appointed, some with en-suite shower and others with shower at end of corridor. My no.1 massage venue in Bangkok now so I recommend you pay them a visit!

BOY69
June 16th, 2019, 12:36
Are all the hotels mention in the map are gay/joiner freindly ?
I am considering to stay at my next trip at the Raya or the Rose hotels any experience with this hotels ? Any other accommodation recommendations mid-budget with swimming pool ?

sglad
June 16th, 2019, 20:15
Are all the hotels mention in the map are gay/joiner freindly ?
I am considering to stay at my next trip at the Raya or the Rose hotels any experience with this hotels ? Any other accommodation recommendations mid-budget with swimming pool ?

I'm quite sure I've seen your posts on gayguides Thailand. Vinapu and others have written many times about the Raya and Rose. I don't recall anything negative reported but you should look it up yourself. You seriously can't expect forum members to enumerate all the hotels listed and tell you which one is joiner friendly and which one is not. Best thing to do is to call or email the hotel yourself and ask them about their joiner policy.

Mancs
June 17th, 2019, 06:23
The map is excellent. Might Dreamboys be an addition now, just above Lucky Boys? I'm not on the ground at the moment so reliant on others' posts for info.

sglad
June 17th, 2019, 09:49
The map is excellent. Might Dreamboys be an addition now, just above Lucky Boys? I'm not on the ground at the moment so reliant on others' posts for info.

I haven't looked at the map and the area was small enough for us to locate all the venues without any help last month, but Dreamboys is next to and not above Lucky Boys on the same soi. Opposite them are and Hotmale and Freshboys. Lucky Boys, Hotmale and Freshboys are all first floor bars, as is Banana Boys in Silom Soi 4. Dreamboys will be moving just a few metres away to their newer, grander premises once renovations are complete. Screwboys is 'underneath' Freshboys and partially hidden from street view. So there you have at least five showbars in the same soi; either you find them or the touts will find you.