PDA

View Full Version : The Chrysanthemum Throne

frequent
April 28th, 2019, 17:40
I’m sure a447 can contribute here. I think it was when reading the novel Shogun that I discovered that the Japanese phrase for orgasm translates as “the clouds and the rain”. Perhaps it was during one of those scenes that describe pulling a string of beads out of the anus at the moment of climax so as to increase the pleasure? I was reminded of the phrase on seeing the first page of the Insight section of today’s Singapore "Sunday Times" showing the current Japanese emperor in full Western morning dress, his son the soon-to-be emperor likewise improbably garbed, with their respective wives wearing traditional formal Japanese women's attire. All were holding umbrellas. Ah, the clouds and the rain, or maybe the clouds and the reign

Before lonelywombat swoons at the notion of me mentioning not just one but two Asian countries I've also never visited let me assure everyone that I'm still here in Houston where I'm dreaming of roast dinners at Balcony

a447
April 28th, 2019, 19:48
The Japanese term 雲雨(un'u) comes from ancient China and means "have sex". I have never seen it used to refer to an orgasm.

It's a poetic expression, never used in conversation.