PDA

View Full Version : Strangers Bar Silom soi 4 closed after smoke damage.

Patanawet
March 31st, 2019, 15:59
It was so sad to see last night, the night of their 7th anniversary, the performers and staff of The Stranger sitting outside the closed bar for photos clutching anniversary bouquets.

The Stranger is a VERY popular drag show bar with shows every night.
I fear they will have no work for a while yet.

What happened? Early yesterday evening, before opening, smoke was seen billowing from the bar.
Staff from other bars tried to enter with fire extinguishers but there was too much smoke.
Not too long later the fire truck arrived with lots of firemen (and one fire-woman). A lot of excitement as they went in in gas masks and paraphernalia.
Then after a while they took a powerful water drenching machine in. Completely doused the place and eventually left.

At no time were there any flames to be seen and it looks like it might have been an electrical fault (only my guess due to the amount of lighting and audio equipment in there).
Thankfully there was no sign of anyone being injured.
Eventually several high hatted Bangrak policemen arrived and retired to upstairs in Telephone for what reason I know not.
So last night, the bar was in darkness and cordoned off.

I repeat again my sympathies to all the staff and management and hope that they are soon back in business.