PDA

View Full Version : Fine dining in Pattaya

Marsilius
March 28th, 2019, 21:16
One of the great pleasures of visiting Thailand is, I think, the opportunity to experience fine dining at prices much less than would be charged in Europe. On my last visit I sampled two Michelin-starred Bangkok restaurants - L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon and Suhring and had wonderful experiences at both (but especially Suhring).

As far as I know, no Pattaya restaurant has ever held a Michelin star, but over the years I have eaten some cleverly-conceived, wonderfully-cooked and exquisitely presented meals at, among others, Casa Pascal (though sadly it's gone a little down-market in recent years), Bruno's, Mata Hari (sadly no longer with us) and Café des Amis (which, I recall, was the favourite of one late and singularly unlamented owner of this board).

Next month I will be in Pattaya again and would like to add some new culinary experiences of the upmarket fine-dining variety to my schedule. Apart from the places I've named already, can anyone suggest any other similar venues worth a try?

[P.S. This should not be taken as yet another opportunity to plug Yupins!]

Manforallseasons
March 28th, 2019, 21:34
Next month I will be in Pattaya again and would like to add some new culinary experiences of the upmarket fine-dining variety to my schedule. Apart from the places I've named already, can anyone suggest any other similar venues worth a try?

[P.S. This should not be taken as yet another opportunity to plug Yupins!]

Bruno’s is still open and is up for sale. The demographics of Pattaya have changed greatly since the likes of Mata Hari thrived. There are many good restaurants however, other than select restaurants at the Dusit, Royal Cliff and Cafe Des Amies gourmet cuisine is not in abundance.

francois
March 28th, 2019, 22:44
Au Bon Coin is a good choice.

gerefan2
March 28th, 2019, 23:35
And of course there is always Deli Diner. Popular with some here !!

frequent
March 29th, 2019, 03:22
And of course there is always Deli Diner. Popular with some here !!Och aye. Great haggis the noo, ya big jessie

frequent
March 29th, 2019, 04:00
Next month I will be in Pattaya again and would like to add some new culinary experiences of the upmarket fine-dining variety to my schedule. Apart from the places I've named already, can anyone suggest any other similar venues worth a try?I've never been able to find where to get a visa for that other country, Pattaya, but in Thailand my most typical dining experience was breakfast at then Queen's Park Hotel, now Marriott's Marquis Queen's Park, Bangkok. My companion ordered Eggs Benedict. The standard way to serve it, according to my enormously close friend Mr Google (https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/eggs_benedict/), is on an English muffin, although I suppose toast of some sort might be a (poor) substitute. At QP it came with neither, but it was accompanied by a lot of french fries. Fine dining, Thai style!

Yes, Pattaya is another country according to our Forum Legend and Pattayaphile:
You have never been to Thailand or Pattaya ....

a447
March 29th, 2019, 06:57
Marsilius wrote:

As far as I know, no Pattaya restaurant has ever held a Michelin star

As I recall, there is a one-star Chinese restaurant (dim sum) right next to Royal Garden on Beach Road.

Don't tell me it has closed already!

frequent
March 29th, 2019, 07:17
As I recall, there is a one-star Chinese restaurant (dim sum) right next to Royal Garden on Beach Road.As I read what's on the Internet (so it must be true) it's one of the many Hawker Chan restaurants trading off the reputation of the one in Singapore - the one that actually does have the Michelin star. There's one in our Forum Legend's home town too (although not in South Meringue) https://www.goodfood.com.au/eat-out/just-open/hawker-chan-brings-the-worlds-cheapest-michelinstarred-meal-to-melbourne-20171129-gzuyxu

There isn't yet a branch here in Houston AFAIK

francois
March 29th, 2019, 13:41
And of course there is always Deli Diner. Popular with some here !!

NOT fine dining!:bo:

frequent
March 29th, 2019, 14:24
NOT fine dining!:bo:You can't expect someone who spends his working life as a commercial traveler (https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/commercial-traveller) to know that!

a447
March 29th, 2019, 14:47
it's one of the many Hawker Chan restaurants trading off the reputation of the one in Singapore - the one that actually does have the Michelin star.

Yes, that's the one I was thinking of.

(Frequent, sorry but I think I may have inadvertently edited some of your OP above, as I clicked on Edit Post instead of Reply with Quote. I'll have to stop posting using my phone!)

frequent
March 29th, 2019, 14:49
Yes, that's the one I was thinking of.

(Frequent, sorry but I think I may have inadvertently edited some of your OP above, as I clicked on Edit Post instead of Reply with Quote. I'll have to stop posting using my phone!)No apologies needed - lonelywombat will be along shortly to insist I made it all up. I know I'm not supposed to use the phrase but I just can't help myself - so needy

Oliver2
March 29th, 2019, 15:26
The Hawker Chan in the Royal Garden Centre had closed when I was last there in February. A new one has opened in Terminus 21. P. likes it for a quick lunch. I don't. As I've said elsewhere, there are a staggering number of restaurants in the new shopping mall, only a few of which replicate those in Central. However, none came anywhere close to being "fine dining" as far as I could see.
The Chinese place in 2nd Road nearby used to be popular with its shark fin shop next door; nowadays it seems very quiet. I'm happy to see the demise of any establishment selling sharks' fins.

Nirish guy
March 29th, 2019, 16:13
there are a staggering number of restaurants in the new shopping mall, only a few of which replicate those in Central. However, none came anywhere close to being "fine dining" as far as I could see.

Well. I'm glad that someone else was thinking it too, as whilst you're there are referring to the Mall Oliver in my time dining in the likes of the "famous" Cafe Des Ameis and all the rest of such places, short of having perhaps a clean / cleaner table cloth and a more expensive bill at the end of the meal then other options I've never really considered them "actual" fine dining establishments ( even thought THEY and Patts ex pats may like to think of them as such so they forget they're living in Pattaya for a short while ( understandable).

So maybe if you're out for western food and fancy some place better than some local Thai kitchen place then sure, why not if that's what you're looking for, but "fine dining" they ain't IMHO. As half time interspersed perhaps between some nice meat dishes ( and even thats 50/50 sometimes) you still can end up with some weird version of a veg dish or whatever etc that just simply doesn't work with the dish and all because someone in the kitchen just didn't know know how to prepare or serve it. Or as freaky mentioned above you perhaps order some "classic" dish only again to find it fucked up as they simply don't know ( or care) how it should actually be cooked or served or what the ingredients are that MUST be in it to give the dish it's name etc and that they simply can't just subsistute one of the dishes critical ingredients for some random other and then when you query what happened just reply "oh sorry, not have" etc.

With the only nod to "fine dining" then being your waiter may ( or may not) bring you some break, plus have been told to tuck their shirt in before serving you and there will be some manager hanging around like a bad smell waiting to write up a larger than should be bill for the "quality" of the food you actually received along with some vastly over priced but highly underrated wine added on to that perhaps. All IMHO opinion of course and I'm SURE others will disagree but for me when in Pattaya I generally avoid such places like the plague now just.

francois
March 29th, 2019, 18:16
All IMHO opinion of course and I'm SURE others will disagree but for me when in Pattaya I generally avoid such places like the plague now just.

Where do you dine, Nirish guy, when in Pattaya?

Brad the Impala
March 29th, 2019, 18:52
Or as freaky mentioned above you perhaps order some "classic" dish only again to find it fucked up as they simply don't know ( or care) how it should actually be cooked or served or what the ingredients are that MUST be in it to give the dish it's name etc and that they simply can't just subsistute one of the dishes critical ingredients for some random other and then when you query what happened just reply "oh sorry, not have" etc.

Reminds me of a "Chicken Supreme" that I had in a high end western style restaurant in Havana. The only ingredient that the served dish had in common with the normal recipe was the chicken! When I queried it I was told proudly that it was "Cuban Chicken Supreme".

Marsilius
March 29th, 2019, 20:53
Reminds me of a "Chicken Supreme" that I had in a high end western style restaurant in Havana. The only ingredient that the served dish had in common with the normal recipe was the chicken! When I queried it I was told proudly that it was "Cuban Chicken Supreme".

Cuban restaurants are truly among the world's worst, largely because of the very poor quality ingredients available to the kitchens. Add to that the insult of prices that are artificially inflated by enforced use of the tourist-only currency and the experience leaves - both figuratively and literally - a very bad taste in the mouth.

Anyone have any more suggestions re. my original query about "high end" Pattaya restaurants?

sglad
March 29th, 2019, 22:31
There are many good restaurants however, other than select restaurants at the Dusit, Royal Cliff and Cafe Des Amies gourmet cuisine is not in abundance.

Doesn't fine dining/gourmet cuisine serve a niche market and is therefore not meant to be "in abundance", certainly not in a sleazy beach town such as Pattaya?

Nirish guy
March 30th, 2019, 03:39
Where do you dine, Nirish guy, when in Pattaya?

I dont' "dine" when I'm in Pattaya - I eat - and just wherever the mood takes me, nowhere specific.

francois
March 30th, 2019, 12:41
I dont' "dine" when I'm in Pattaya - I eat - and just wherever the mood takes me, nowhere specific.

Meaning of dine in English

dine
verb [ I ] UK ​ /daɪn/ US ​ /daɪn/ formal

to eat the main meal of the day, usually in the evening: Cambridge Dictionary

You should try some of the suggestions for dining as presented in this post.
Maybe you would change your mind concerning what is available?

Or you may wish to try Murphy's Irish Pub, 136/1, Moo 10, Soi Khao Noi, Pattaya, Chonburi. Their special is a large bowl of Beef Stew for only 195 Baht.

dab69
March 30th, 2019, 13:25
Alternative to correct temperature meatloaf - I'd just like to have a Salmon steak served aka Le Cafe Royale somewhere in Pats on my vacation...

ceejay
March 30th, 2019, 13:27
Marsilius. Not for your upcoming trip, but some time in the future, you should try Chiang Mai.
Not at this time of year, though (unless you like smoked food)

Nirish guy
March 30th, 2019, 17:14
Meaning of dine in English = verb ......]to eat the main meal of the day,[/B] usually in the evening: [I]Cambridge Dictionary ....... Or you may wish to try Murphy's Irish Pub.

Thank you for your text book translation Francois but I think you'll find every native english speaking person knew exactly my intention i.e to "dine" is a more formal version of "eating" - you wouldn't for instance ask a friend "so, where should we dine tonight as I'd like to take you to dinner" and then bring them to McDonalds.......no, that would be "let's go eat, will McDonalds do as we're in a hurry / not that hungry" etc etc. So, THAT is what I meant with my distinction about "I eat" - I wasn't correcting your english I was stating a difference about " I generally dont bother with fancy restaurants and "dining out" but merely "eat" somewhere random just whenever I get hungry.

And thank you for the tip re the Irish Pub, I have of course eaten there several times ( again when I say "eaten" I do mainly of course mean drank Guinness ! :) But i have also tried the stew you mentioned and it was "ok", not quite real 'Irish Stew" but not a bad attempt considering you're in Pattaya, what like all Irish bars abroad that grates on me is paying top dollar ( or baht in this case) for something that would be considered very ordinary and every day and cheap back home ( such as bowl of stew actually) whereas around the world it's billed as "special" and charged according - but I'm sure everyone says that when they see their local dishes on international menus.

That actually just brought back a funny memory of an evening out a Thai friend many years ago who I was out "dining with" :-) and who had to stop himself creasing with laughter when we overheard a very posh farang lady "boasting" to a Thai that she had made a very special exotic Thai dish for a dinner party back at home in the west for her guests - and then proudly announced that it was a Thai Green Curry WITH chicken no less !! My Thai friend genuinely thought she was joking ( which she wasn't) as he of course considered it such a plain, simple cheap staple dish, so I guess a good example of just what we all get used too when at home.

paperboy
March 30th, 2019, 19:02
[QUOTE=Marsilius;257167]Cuban restaurants are truly among the world's worst, largely because of the very poor quality ingredients available to the kitchens. Add to that the insult of prices that are artificially inflated by enforced use of the tourist-only currency and the experience leaves - both figuratively and literally - a very bad taste in the mouth.

Sorry
when was the last time you were in cuba???
iam just back, and there are now many great eating places, maybe 10 years ago i would have agreed with you, but certainly not in 2019

francois
March 31st, 2019, 00:15
Thank you for your text book translation Francois but I think you'll find every native english speaking person knew exactly my intention i.e to "dine" is a more formal version of "eating" -

Nirish guy, I am just trying to adhere to the topic which is "fine dining in Pattaya" as posted by Marsilius. He did ask about fine dining and not eating.:bo: 5555 I do believe there are a number of restaurants which offer dining which is beyond the eating establishments which are more common. Others of course do disagree. :heart:

francois
March 31st, 2019, 00:22
Apart from the places I've named already, can anyone suggest any other similar venues worth a try?

Another option is Le Bordeaux in Pattaya which is located in the Day Night Plaza. Service can be slow but the food can be quite good.

Arsenal is the one who seems to have a good idea of places beyond the norm regarding fine dining, but, he seems to be not posting at this time.

gerefan2
March 31st, 2019, 02:17
Another good place is Nathan's in Jomtien. Maybe not find dining (whatever that is for the average gay is Sodom by Sea) but a decent restaurant.

Up2U
March 31st, 2019, 13:20
"Next month I will be in Pattaya again and would like to add some new culinary experiences of the upmarket fine-dining variety to my schedule. Apart from the places I've named already, can anyone suggest any other similar venues worth a try?"..... Indian by Nature, Mantra, Elements (Intercontinental), Grill Room (Royal Cliff), Flare (Hilton). Brunos is closing if not closed already.

Manforallseasons
March 31st, 2019, 15:11
"Next month I will be in Pattaya again and would like to add some new culinary experiences of the upmarket fine-dining variety to my schedule. Apart from the places I've named already, can anyone suggest any other similar venues worth a try?"..... Indian by Nature, Mantra, Elements (Intercontinental), Grill Room (Royal Cliff), Flare (Hilton). Brunos is closing if not closed already.
I believe “Mantra” has changed hands, was there recently for their SundaY brunch and it was a far cry from what it was in the past.

Oliver2
March 31st, 2019, 16:05
I'd like to second the Le Bourdeau recommendation. Its prices are excellent- even now with our Brexit pound- and the food has maintained a good quality for many years.
Very similar to the bourgeois cooking in small Parisian brasseries a a couple of decades back. And that cuisine has always been my favourite. Fine dining? not really, but gracious and attentive to detail.
It also has (it appears to me) a gay clientele. P. was a little apprehensive when I suggested we eat there as a combined birthday event. He was delighted, on arrival, to see the place nearly full....but with no women! Just what he likes. And the food, too.

Marsilius
March 31st, 2019, 17:59
[QUOTE=Marsilius;257167]Cuban restaurants are truly among the world's worst, largely because of the very poor quality ingredients available to the kitchens. Add to that the insult of prices that are artificially inflated by enforced use of the tourist-only currency and the experience leaves - both figuratively and literally - a very bad taste in the mouth.

Sorry
when was the last time you were in cuba???
iam just back, and there are now many great eating places, maybe 10 years ago i would have agreed with you, but certainly not in 2019

My impressions of Cuba were formed in 2014 - after which I posted two very long reports on this board:
https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?17477-cuba/page2&highlight=cuba

I am pleased to hear that, in the meantime, matters may have have improved!

Thanks for all the fine dining suggestions, guys. I will arrive in Pattaya on 20 April, so any other suggestions are more than welcome. I hope to post my own verdicts on at least some of your suggested venues in due course.

Manforallseasons
March 31st, 2019, 18:32
I'd like to second the Le Bourdeau recommendation. Its prices are excellent- even now with our Brexit pound- and the food has maintained a good quality for many years.

The owner has bought and sold this restaurant a few times, most evenings it is empty, recently I have seen it up for sale again on Facebook.

francois
April 1st, 2019, 12:26
Another good choice in Pattaya is Cabbages and Condoms. There are some mixed reviews concerning the food and service but I have had good meals there and the ambiance is excellent. The outdoor seating and views are excellent.

Up2U
April 1st, 2019, 14:13
Another good choice in Pattaya is Cabbages and Condoms. There are some mixed reviews concerning the food and service but I have had good meals there and the ambiance is excellent. The outdoor seating and views are excellent.
Yes, but it isn't fine dining.

francois
April 1st, 2019, 17:52
Yes, but it isn't fine dining.

True, but according to NIrish-guy, there isn't any fine dining in Pattaya. :(

Marsilius
April 1st, 2019, 21:28
While it's certainly the case that there's nowhere in Pattaya that holds a Michelin star, I'd say that Café des Amis is an example of somewhere offering something close to, if not actually at, the level of a "fine dining" experience.

Nirish guy
April 1st, 2019, 21:30
So, no where then, just like I said.......and yes I agree with you Marsilus re Cafe des Amis and the other also rans - close to and aiming for etc.....but just not quite ( or in some cases not even close.)

gerefan2
April 1st, 2019, 21:30

Whatever you do don’t forget your mosquito repellant. And take lots of it if you dare go there!

Up2U
April 1st, 2019, 21:51
Let's be fair, Michelin (Thailand) only includes Bangkok, Phang Nga, and Phuket so fine eateries like LeBordeux and Yupins didn't have opportunity for a star or two.

https://www.thaitravelblogs.com/2018/11/27-restaurants-awarded-stars-in-michelin-guide-thailand-2019/

frequent
April 2nd, 2019, 05:11
While it's certainly the case that there's nowhere in Pattaya that holds a Michelin star, I'd say that Café des Amis is an example of somewhere offering something close to, if not actually at, the level of a "fine dining" experience.Who is the sommelier?

Marsilius
April 2nd, 2019, 11:43
As you are naughtily implying, I suspect that there isn't one...

The only staff who've ever made much of an impression were Jessica (the maitress d'hôtel, if you can have such a thing, but now working in the USA) and someone who claimed to be the owner (but, given that he also claimed to be an expert on wristwatches and then mistook my Tag Heuer for a Rolex, may not actually have been).

The presumed absence of a sommelier is just one aspect of the business operation that confirms C des A is still at the aspirational stage of "fine dining".

Marsilius
April 2nd, 2019, 12:22
By the way, on the subject of wine, I once attended a "tutored wine tasting" arranged by Casa Pascal. Unfortunately, on the night in question the tutor proved to be unavailable at the last moment. You'd imagine that the (quite pricey) event might have been cancelled - or at least a partial refund offered. But no, it went ahead and our tutored wine tasting consisted of sampling various wines by the glass while Pascal's wife simply read out the couple of sentences of information to be found on the back of each bottle. Quite a bizarre experience - but hey, this is Pattaya!

dinagam
April 2nd, 2019, 12:25
A familiar Pattaya scam?

frequent
April 2nd, 2019, 15:42
The presumed absence of a sommelier is just one aspect of the business operation that confirms C des A is still at the aspirational stage of "fine dining".Somewhat like McDonald's then?

Marsilius
April 2nd, 2019, 16:21
So it seems...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/mcdonalds-opens-luxury-restaurant-silver-6112758

...but just not in Pattaya!

francois
April 2nd, 2019, 16:55
The presumed absence of a sommelier is just one aspect of the business operation that confirms C des A is still at the aspirational stage of "fine dining".

Considering the high cost of fine wine in Thailand, unless one is quite wealthy, there really is no need for a sommelier. And if a restaurant, did indeed, have a fine vintage then no need for a sommelier to pick and choose for you.

frequent
April 2nd, 2019, 17:24
Considering the high cost of fine wine in Thailand, unless one is quite wealthy, there really is no need for a sommelier. And if a restaurant, did indeed, have a fine vintage then no need for a sommelier to pick and choose for you.Surely only those who are “quite wealthy” are interested in “fine dining” in the context of Thailand (and pattayaphiles of course)

Marsilius
April 2nd, 2019, 17:59
When I began this thread, I actually made the point that one of Thailand's attractions is the opportunity (in BKK, if not in Pattaya) to experience fine dining at prices far less than in Europe. You may need to be "quite wealthy" to enjoy such meals occasionally in Europe, but eating at that standard - especially as a holiday treat - is much more of a practical proposition in Thailand.

frequent
April 2nd, 2019, 18:26
When I began this thread, I actually made the point that one of Thailand's attractions is the opportunity (in BKK, if not in Pattaya) to experience fine dining at prices far less than in Europe. You may need to be "quite wealthy" to enjoy such meals occasionally in Europe, but eating at that standard - especially as a holiday treat - is much more of a practical proposition in Thailand.
I took francois’ comment to mean that wine is so expensive in Thailand (for Thai people) that the market simply isn’t there for sommeliers. After all apart from visiting sodomites there surely wouldn’t be sufficient foreign residents and rich tourists to sustain a market for “fine dining” experiences. I exempt of course those of our members who are habitues of Si Sao Tewes

kittyboy
April 2nd, 2019, 20:15
By the way, on the subject of wine, I once attended a "tutored wine tasting" arranged by Casa Pascal.

Back in my drinking days I had my 11th commandment. "Though shall not drink cheap booze".!!
I felt very very virtuous as I adhered to it rigorously - the original 10 commandments I have always felt were optional and situational .

francois
April 2nd, 2019, 23:38
Surely only those who are “quite wealthy” are interested in “fine dining” in the context of Thailand (and pattayaphiles of course)

Wrong interpretation.

francois
April 2nd, 2019, 23:39
I took francois’ comment to mean that wine is so expensive in Thailand (for Thai people) that the market simply isn’t there for sommeliers. After all apart from visiting sodomites there surely wouldn’t be sufficient foreign residents and rich tourists to sustain a market for “fine dining” experiences. I exempt of course those of our members who are habitues of Si Sao Tewes

Incorrect interpretation.

frequent
April 3rd, 2019, 09:25
Incorrect interpretation.On exceptionally rare occasions I spare a thought for what our more impecunious members may or may not be doing. The answer is clearly that they are not drinking wine, as francois' obsessive posts clearly illustrate

francois
April 3rd, 2019, 13:40
The answer is clearly that they are not drinking wine, as francois' obsessive posts clearly illustrate

Frequent, when it come to obsessive posts, you are the Lord, I am but a vassal.:heart:

ob·ses·sive
/əbˈsesiv/
adjective

synonyms: all-consuming, consuming, compulsive, dominating, controlling, obsessional, addictive, fanatical, fanatic, neurotic, excessive, besetting, gripping, haunting, tormenting, inescapable;

arsenal
April 3rd, 2019, 17:53
As others have said, there are few 'fine dining' establishments in Pattaya. Perhaps in the larger international branded hotels but you're likely to find yourself in a virtually empty restaurant. Most visitors to Pattaya have better things to do other than wade through an 8 course tasting menu.

However there are a multitude of places to go and have a fantastic and memorable experience. From Bacca Beach and The Glasshouse to Silver Lake Vineyard to the many restaurants with pools along the beach fronts to the rooftop places to Siam Country Club with its valet car park pick up service and sweeping views across to Na Klua to Bang Saray with their considerable choice of live seafood to the hundreds of outlets in the malls to the late night hot dog at Mammas in Jomtien.

If there's a city with a better choice of places to eat at non eye watering prices then I'd love to hear about it.

paperboy
April 4th, 2019, 16:46
hi
iam surprised nobody has mentioned the NEWS resturant up from jomtien complex.
Always go there with a boy for a nice steak and a lovely bottle of wine, when
iam down that way.
its not fine dinning , but i dont go to thailand for fine dinning,
The food is excelent and great wine selection also, and always
the boys love to try red wine and a steak.

Marsilius
April 4th, 2019, 18:31
...and always
the boys love to try red wine and a steak.

You are quite right. I took a boy to breakfast on one occasion, and at 9 am he chose a steak and red wine from the menu. I persuaded him off the wine by a promise to give him some later at dinner, but he still insisted on the steak (with chips)!

Oliver2
April 4th, 2019, 22:10
Breakfast for us falangs tends to consist of particular foods while eschewing others. Is there any reason other than the demands of custom that we like bacon for breakfast but not beef? This is not the case across the world where many people cannot afford to be so picky. They eat what's available, or what's left over from the previous day. I suspect that the guy chose the most expensive- in his eyes the most luxurious- meal on the menu. Reasonable enough. Marsilius was right to indulge him.

Manforallseasons
April 4th, 2019, 23:00
I suspect that the guy chose the most expensive- in his eyes the most luxurious- meal on the menu. Reasonable enough. Marsilius was right to indulge him.

Indulging him would have allowed the red wine that the boy requested!

frequent
April 5th, 2019, 03:57
Is there any reason other than the demands of custom that we like bacon for breakfast but not beef?YES. The smell of bacon sizzling is apparently one of the most seductive aromas to tempt a vegetarian (https://www.treehugger.com/green-food/why-bacon-evokes-a-carnivorous-moment-for-vegetarians.html) away from their dietary nonsense. And why? Among cannibals human flesh is known as "long pig" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_cannibalism) and tastes like pork. Draw the obvious conclusion

dinagam
April 5th, 2019, 08:25
Vegetarians have a range of unique and delicious recipes for any kind of meat form or flavour .

frequent
April 5th, 2019, 10:51
Vegetarians have a range of unique and delicious recipes for any kind of meat form or flavour .They certainly think so

frequent
April 5th, 2019, 12:07
Vegetarians have a range of unique and delicious recipes for any kind of meat form or flavour .It seems that the EU is going to make one sensible ruling - a vegan "burger" cannot be called a "burger" as it doesn't contain meat https://www.plantbasednews.org/post/vegan-burgers-called-discs-under-proposed-eu-food-rules

"the EU Parliament's agriculture committee approved a ban on naming meat-free foods after their traditional counterparts."

Nathan B
April 7th, 2019, 00:36
Caprice restaurant in the Royal Wing Suites hotel (part of the Royal Cliff hotel complex) is definitely fine dining. For Thai food I like Sala Rim Nam in the Avani hotel. Great traditional Thai style wooden pavilions surrounded by lotus ponds. Not quite fine dining in the Western sense, but still very good. Their set meals are good value.

Chuai-Duai
April 7th, 2019, 03:48
Draw the obvious conclusion

The obvious conclusion I draw is that you are a fatuous idiot but that’s been all too apparent for a long time. Now where’s that ignore setting…

frequent
April 7th, 2019, 04:10
The obvious conclusion I draw is that you are a fatuous idiot but that’s been all too apparent for a long time. Now where’s that ignore setting…8855