View Full Version : job vacancy

August 3rd, 2006, 18:37
Are you sick of Pataya and seking new challenges???? This is the position for you! Yes, it is time to stop that bitching on the board, and propping up bar stools in sunee.

I know that this position must suit someone on the board - but who??? This would be an ideal position for those with intellectual leanings and an education - which would, i estimate, be in the zillions............

Employment Opportunities at the Australian Embassy
VACANCY

RESEARCH/POLICY OFFICER (POLITICAL & ECONOMIC SECTION)

The Australian Embassy is seeking applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Research/Policy Officer. The successful applicant is expected to provide a wide range of policy research functions for the Political & Economic Section.

Duty Statement:

carry out complex research tasks and prepare accurate reports on a range of political, trade and economic issues;
represent the Embassy in official dealings with the Thai Government, other government missions in Thailand and international agencies;
organise programmes for visiting Government officials, as well as provincial travel in Thailand by senior Embassy staff.
The successful applicant MUST be an Australian Citizen (without dual Thai nationality) and MUST be able to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance, which will require a comprehensive check of the applicantтАЩs personal background and associations.

The position is on a locally-engaged basis. A monthly salary in the range of 63,600 - 71,220 baht is offered depending on qualifications and experience.

Applicants from outside Bangkok are welcome but if short-listed would need to be prepared to attend an interview at the Australian Embassy, Bangkok , at their own expense. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be notified of the outcome of their application.

Applications addressing the following selection criteria should be received by Tuesday, 15 August 2006 and should be addressed to:

Mr Thanapol Thanikkul
Personnel Officer
Australian Embassy
37 South Sathorn Road
Yannawa
Bangkok 10120

Selection criteria:

Australian citizen;
policy research skills and experience;
relevant tertiary qualifications;
demonstrated initiative and sound judgement;
demonstrated ability to work individually and as a member of a team, with minimal supervision;
good organisational skills;
cultural sensitivity;
Thai-language skills an advantage.

August 3rd, 2006, 18:44
The position is on a locally-engaged basis. A monthly salary in the range of 63,600 - 71,220 baht is offered depending on qualifications and experienceHardly worth getting out of bed

August 3rd, 2006, 21:07
I'd give it a go for a year or so if I was an Australian citizen. It would be an interesting experience.

August 3rd, 2006, 21:18
The position is on a locally-engaged basis. A monthly salary in the range of 63,600 - 71,220 baht is offered depending on qualifications and experienceHardly worth getting out of bed

Maybe they meant 63,600 - 71,220 per week? Still not enough to get me out of bed, but might be for some with simpler lifestyles.

August 4th, 2006, 01:19
Maybe they meant 63,600 - 71,220 per week? Still not enough to get me out of bed, but might be for some with simpler lifestyles.[/quote]

The ad said monthly salary. Not enough for me to waste my PPE degree from Magdalen on even though I've got dual Australian-British nationality. Perhaps Aunty Adders could get a foot in claiming some arcane Anzac arrangement.

August 4th, 2006, 01:36
A traffic warden earns more than that!

August 4th, 2006, 11:03
Maybe this explains why he is the way he is. If you had to wear that outfit to work, you'd be a bit off center too.

http://the-hate-file.blogspot.com/2006/ ... pired.html (http://the-hate-file.blogspot.com/2006/04/your-time-has-expired.html)

August 5th, 2006, 00:49
I think you are all being silly, you all know that that sort of money is a good local salary, bet all you others arenтАЩt getting that much running your small little businesses like beer bars etc.

August 5th, 2006, 04:03
I was working at a top Thai private high school for boys and taking home 65,000 a month. At the end of the month I had money left over. And I didn't deny myself very much.

For BKK the salary is pretty good.

ajarntrade

Aunty
August 5th, 2006, 10:12
Thats good money,remembering its probaly mon to friday 9 to 5 with a 1 hour lunch break and morning and afternoon tea break plus coffee breaks.
I have to work sat and sundays to bring in 30 000 baht clear a week after taxation.and then a few 12 hour shifts.I would gladly take the embassy job.to get away from people asking me stupid questions.As i do my job i look on you people with pity,pity you are so stupid you need to ask the first person you see in a uniform a stupid question.
I dont bother smiling anymore,whats the use looking happy around people,as soon as the see you look nice they will stop you to ask questions.I make sure i look bitter as i walk along with my big black shiny work boots snarling at people eyeing me off walking past.
I love American tourists ,and i got a hard on the other day as this young American girl called me Sir.Americans give me hard ons as they always call you SIR.
I feel like telling them to get on their knees when there talking to me.Does anyone else get hard ons from American people.

And prey tell darling what exactly is your line of work again???

I know what you mean about some Americans. I got sick and tied of been asked "I just love your accent. Where are you from?" when I lived there. In the end I just used to stare them in the eye and with all the acid I could muster say "From my mother's vagina."

Man was that a conversation killer! Bwahahahahaha