PDA

View Full Version : Kawaii Boys

neddy3
March 10th, 2019, 13:44
Pardon me if I am reporting information that has appeared elsewhere.

Kawaii Boys has been closed for over a week.
There is handwritten sign (Thai) on the door.
Translation would be"sell out urgently ".

So this bar may be lost.

Coincidentally the nearby Dream Boys has been very busy of late.

newalaan2
March 11th, 2019, 22:31
Didn't realise they had closed the doors already. Last week noted they were asking Bt350,000 for the 'business' with Bt25,000 per month rent.

goji
March 12th, 2019, 03:10
The 'business' is worth near zero, or perhaps more accurately, whatever it would cost to buy a sign and do a bit of cleaning & painting in one of the other empty gogo bars nearby.
Any new bar needs a few free posts on the boards, a google maps update and some fliers, then it's got about the same chance of attracting customers as Kawaii boys had.

For example, Winner went from zero brand recognition to rather busy in no time at all.

However, if any board members are seriously wealthy, do consider buying a gogo bar just as a trophy asset.

frequent
March 12th, 2019, 03:35
The 'business' is worth near zero, or perhaps more accurately, whatever it would cost to buy a sign and do a bit of cleaning & painting in one of the other empty gogo bars nearby.
Any new bar needs a few free posts on the boards, a google maps update and some fliers, then it's got about the same chance of attracting customers as Kawaii boys had.

For example, Winner went from zero brand recognition to rather busy in no time at all.

However, if any board members are seriously wealthy, do consider buying a gogo bar just as a trophy asset.You discount the building owner’s desire for some “key money”? Do the local cops get their protection money in advance or at the end of the month? There are no liquor licenses to acquire? There’s no liquor to acquire before the bar can open? All quite ordinary requirements I’d have thought

Jellybean
March 12th, 2019, 04:47
Kawaii Boys Bar used to be a firm favourite of mine when I first started visiting Pattaya. On nearly every visit to the bar I was almost guaranteed, over the period of my trip, to meet one or more short–term companions.

But around four or five years ago, whenever I looked in, there were few, if any, customers and more importantly there was no one of interest to me. Whoever was responsible for finding new lads had, in my view, lost sight of what his customers expected from a go-go bar.

In the last two to three years, I did not even bother looking in, fearing nothing much had changed. And, in recent memory, I can’t recall reading any positive reviews of the bar on this forum.

You discount the building owner’s desire for some “key money”? Do the local cops get their protection money in advance or at the end of the month? There are no liquor licenses to acquire? There’s no liquor to acquire before the bar can open? All quite ordinary requirements I’d have thought

And frequent, would I be correct in thinking that the film shown below is one of your all time favourites, or is it, hopefully, just a passing fancy?

https://youtu.be/HQKEdiQ79OM

gerefan2
March 12th, 2019, 05:56
God that trailer is unwatchable. All that shouting and screaming reminds me of Eastenders. Where’s the Off Button?

frequent
March 12th, 2019, 09:33
Regrettably Mr Jellybaby I can’t even see that there IS a video “below” - perhaps Tim Apple has decided to hide it from me. However I can say that I am much less of an aficionado of Eastenders than gerefan2 so don’t understand his reference to screaming

frequent
March 12th, 2019, 11:15
And frequent, would I be correct in thinking that the film shown below is one of your all time favourites, or is it, hopefully, just a passing fancy?Naughty naughty Mr Jellybaby. Kitty Litter will not be amused

Wolzek
March 12th, 2019, 20:55
Kawaii Boys Bar used to be a firm favourite of mine when I first started visiting Pattaya. On nearly every visit to the bar I was almost guaranteed, over the period of my trip, to meet one or more short–term companions.

But around four or five years ago, whenever I looked in, there were few, if any, customers and more importantly there was no one of interest to me. Whoever was responsible for finding new lads had, in my view, lost sight of what his customers expected from a go-go bar.

Your timeline is spot on. Kawaii was great until about 4 years ago when it started go downhill. Many of the adorable boys who worked in Kawaii then moved to Sunee plaza and later worked in Euroboys and Winnerboys. At least one I can think of now still is in Winnerboys.