View Full Version : Panarama For Sale

Manforallseasons
March 5th, 2019, 22:00

Wolzek
March 6th, 2019, 02:38
And what is Panarama supposed to be?

Nirish guy
March 6th, 2019, 02:47
I think he meant that bar that like most bars in Pattaya has quietly been for sale for about 7 years now for the right / ANY money .......

goji
March 6th, 2019, 03:52
If we are referring to Panorama Bar Pattaya, it has had a big for sale sign outside for at least several weeks.

dab69
March 6th, 2019, 08:08

(Posted all he knew)

Manforallseasons
March 6th, 2019, 10:15
dab69 I am sure David at Panarama will be happy that you are interested in buying it, please contact him fo arrange a meeting. dvdkuk@yahoo.uk.com

cdnmatt
March 6th, 2019, 11:01
Anyone want to go 50/50 on it? Let's do this! :)

Wolzek
March 6th, 2019, 11:10
If we are referring to Panorama Bar Pattaya, it has had a big for sale sign outside for at least several weeks.

Yes probably Panorama pub in Boyztown. Never heard of a Panarama. I thought I have seen For sales signs there for ages just like most places.

frequent
March 6th, 2019, 11:37
Anyone want to go 50/50 on it? Let's do this! :)Bitcoin?

aot871
March 6th, 2019, 15:36
Yes probably Panorama pub in Boyztown. Never heard of a Panarama. I thought I have seen For sales signs there for ages just like most places.

You are correct , its been on the market for atleast the last year

Ivory
March 6th, 2019, 17:22
I have information that Panorama had already sold out for the Castro showbar owner and will be totally renovated during the low season, but keep the "Panorama" brand.

dab69
March 6th, 2019, 23:10
dab69 I am sure David at Panarama will be happy that you are interested in buying it, please contact him fo arrange a meeting. dvdkuk@yahoo.uk.com

Should be plenty of business since Eros has closed- End of Long Run...

Jellybean
March 7th, 2019, 00:01
Further sale information provided on the facebook page of Panorama Pub Pattaya with email contact details:

"Panorama Pub" Boyz Town Pattaya's No. 1 Pub for sale due to retirement
A rarely available Business and Investment Opportunity for only 4,0 Million Baht Plus 0.8 Million Baht for key money

Panorama Pub comprises of three shop houses combined to one unit with a “Panoramic View” over the busy and ever developing Boyz Town in the heart of South Pattaya’s high volume Entertainment Area.

There are two floors with a total of 300m2. The ground floor consists of an attractive large central bar and seating up to 100 people including the front terrace. The second floor can be adapted to many kinds of activities.

A six year lease (3 plus 3) to December 2024 is already agreed upon with a rent of only Baht 50.000/month. The key money of only Baht 800.000 for the first 3 years is already paid.

The pub is fully staffed and operational with all relevant licenses. The business and all inventory are owned by a company with clean tax records and therefore the transfer will be easy at low cost.

This is a unique opportunity for a professional operator with foresight and business acumen to further develop for an attractive return of investment of approx. 30 % p.a.

Facebook: PanoramaPubPattaya
YouTube: Panorama Pub, Boyztown, Pattaya

For an initial inquiry please contact:
For English David Kerridge email dvdkuk@yahoo.co.uk
For German Lud Dippel email lud.dippel@gmail.com

Nirish guy
March 7th, 2019, 00:49
4mill PLUS key money !! :) Would love to know where bar owners get their valuations from, other than what they'd "like to get" maybe......from the REAL accounts perhaps - i very much doubt it ?

Would certainly be interesting to see how someone arrives at the figures mentioned above , especially the possible 30% ROI after the sale figures involved - OR perhaps half empty Pattaya bars are in fact VERY profitable and we've all been told a pack of lies about that all these years :-)

And Matt, I guess someone could buy the place with you if they liked working alone - as lets face it as the bar is located in Thailand thanks to the Thai Immigration Service you would absolutely be the silent partner in running that bar - whether you liked it or not ! :)

goji
March 7th, 2019, 02:35
Anyone want to go 50/50 on it? Let's do this! :)

Hell, NO ! If I wanted to lose money on a bar for fun, I would want a bar where boys prance about in nice underwear. Or preferably wearing even less.

Would certainly be interesting to see how someone arrives at the figures mentioned above , especially the possible 30% ROI after the sale figures involved - OR perhaps half empty Pattaya bars are in fact VERY profitable and we've all been told a pack of lies about that all these years :-)
4 Million baht initial investment, so 1.2 million baht per year for 30% return on that.
A nice round 100,000 per month, or 3333 baht a day profit required.
Rent 50,000 per month, so say 1670 per day.
4 Staff ? No idea what they get paid, say 400 each & they share the tips , 1600 per day.
Electric & other costs. No idea. Say 500 per day.

I'm not sure what the gross margin is, but I can buy a bottle of beer for 40 baht in a 7-Eleven and they sell it for about 100 ? So lets assume 60% gross margin on drink sales. I guess it may be higher for the expensive stuff.

Assuming you would be paying yourself nothing for managing it, which is unreasonable, then we need to shift 12000 baht a day worth of drinks. Increasing once the second lot of key money is due.

That seems like quite a high turnover. In practice, it probably needs to be higher for expenses I have forgotten about.

dab69
March 7th, 2019, 03:15
https://www.netcarshow.com/Porsche-Panamera_GTS-2019-1600-01.jpg

dependable but expensive insurance

cdnmatt
March 7th, 2019, 03:21
What the hell is he talking about a 30% ROI per-annum?

Ok...

4.8 million purchase price
600k/year rent
Who knows, let's say 2.4 million/year staff
Who knows on inventory, but let's say 8 million/year
Utilities, misc, etc. 200k/year

Who the hell knows, but let's run with that. That means the bar has to bring in about 58,000/day every single day to realize his 30% ROI.

Nirish guy
March 7th, 2019, 03:43
, it probably needs to be higher for expenses I have forgotten about.

You're are forgetting both KEY money and probably more importantly ever increasing no doubt TEA money of course too !

Smiles
March 7th, 2019, 19:53
" ... but keep the "Panorama" brand.... And perhaps the new owners will at least manage to get the spelling of the joint's name correctly?
(Unlike our board know-it-all who cannot seem to get past the letter "a". He does however smother the literati with "--"'s when drunk).

frequentfliers
March 7th, 2019, 20:35
I wish the new owners all the best for the future.Panorama bar was my favourite place and hopefully still will be.I have many happy memories of the place since it opened.
Also wish long retirement for David.

Oliver2
March 7th, 2019, 21:25
Me too...on both accounts.

goji
March 8th, 2019, 01:17
You're are forgetting both KEY money and probably more importantly ever increasing no doubt TEA money of course too !
As I read it, the first payment of Key money is already made and the second is due in 2021.
Which is why I stated that the amount of drinks shifted to get 30% ROI would have to increase once that is paid.

So not forgotten. Just handled in a lazy manner.

I'm presuming the amount of tea money paid here would be much lower than for a gogo bar full of hookers.

Nirish guy
March 8th, 2019, 04:29
So not forgotten. Just handled in a lazy manner..

YOU are correct and indeed it is I who was reading in a lazy manner it seems, my apologies.

Ha well unless of course they try to pull a flanker with "oh yes it's already paid by us for this period but we DID say that the price was 4 PLUS the .8 to cover that just paid Key money !" One wouldn't like to think it but I always find it's amazing the strange view that people take on things when it's their money is at stake somehow ! :)

And yes you're also correct that I'm sure the bar attracts a much lesser tea money fee than a go go bar - the only different being re the hookers part of course is that the waiters there simply keep their clothes on longer until they get their off ! :)

Wolzek
March 8th, 2019, 06:35
Well you can't blame them for trying! For 4 million baht I would guess most if not all boybars in Pattaya are for sale. Why not make 4 million from some naive buyer and then just start up again in any of the many empty dark facilities all over Pattaya, including in Boyztown and the other Pattayaland sois?

dab69
March 11th, 2019, 08:50
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-Porsche-Panamera-d1037

Nirish guy
March 29th, 2019, 05:05
So, further to all of the above can anyone in Patts confirm or otherwise IS Panorama bar still actually open whilst it's for sale......the reason I ask if it is is this screen shot that a friend just sent me saying it's believed closed - and that post appears to have been made back in September 2018 !? Mind you as the source of that post is the Travel Gay Asia website I wouldn't hold too much sway by it perhaps as they're not exactly known for up to date or even accurate information in half the Cities they pretend to report on.

Wolzek
March 29th, 2019, 05:24
So, further to all of the above can anyone in Patts confirm or otherwise IS Panorama bar still actually open whilst it's for sale......the reason I ask if it is is this screen shot that a friend just sent me saying it's believed closed - and that post appears to have been made back in September 2018 !?

I was in Boyztown a few days ago and Panorama was open as usual.
The closed Oscar's however still remains closed.

Nirish guy
March 29th, 2019, 06:11
I was in Boyztown a few days ago and Panorama was open as usual.

Thank you, my friend who's on his way to Patts next week will be relieved as Panorama is his outdoor scene watching bar for the start of most of his evenings there.

Oliver2
March 29th, 2019, 15:33
I have happy memories of the Good Old Days when a seat in Panorama provided an unrivalled view of the gogo boys going to work at 2000 or so. Up to a hundred at BBB, fifty or so at Cockpit, plus those on their way to the other sois. I needed to get there early to make sure of a place in the front-row.

aot871
March 29th, 2019, 17:39
I have happy memories of the Good Old Days when a seat in Panorama provided an unrivalled view of the gogo boys going to work at 2000 or so. Up to a hundred at BBB, fifty or so at Cockpit, plus those on their way to the other sois. I needed to get there early to make sure of a place in the front-row.

If only Pattaya was like that now.I was there the other day and the whole soi was dead

neddy3
March 30th, 2019, 11:15
A person who I consider reliable informs me that Panorama is indeed sold.
The change of ownership occurs over this weekend. Closed Sunday??
Next week operating under new management.
For how long?. Then closed for renovations. Then???

Nirish guy
March 30th, 2019, 17:16
Great news for them ( and the rest of us) if that's hopefully true........so, I wonder did they get their 4 million baht plus for it in the end then .....I'm thinking not perhaps !!?? :-)

frequentfliers
March 31st, 2019, 20:57
Great news for them ( and the rest of us) if that's hopefully true........so, I wonder did they get their 4 million baht plus for it in the end then .....I'm thinking not perhaps !!?? :-)

I hope they got their money,and why not?
Some people here cannot say a good word about the sale of pubs and clubs in Pattaya.
They should put their own money in these places and not keep complaining.
I wish David a long and healthy retirement and best wishes to the new owners.

JBC1
April 1st, 2019, 14:23
I hope they got their money,and why not?
Some people here cannot say a good word about the sale of pubs and clubs in Pattaya.
They should put their own money in these places and not keep complaining.
I wish David a long and healthy retirement and best wishes to the new owners.

Well said, and best wishs to David with his new life.

John

Oliver2
April 1st, 2019, 17:01
Seconded.

gerefan2
April 1st, 2019, 21:36
Errr....I didn’t think David was the owner.

frequentfliers
April 1st, 2019, 23:09
Errr....I didn’t think David was the owner.
Did someone say he was??
I just wished him well in retirement.,
I dont know if the owner Lud has other partners.
Maybe he has or not.Does not matter.

Oliver2
April 2nd, 2019, 13:50
Lud is only a name to me. David, on the other hand, has been known and seen in Boyztown for as long as I remember.....the last time, two months ago. In Panorama. Good luck to him.

neddy3
April 2nd, 2019, 16:48
Let's not go into the area of whether or not Lud had other partners.

I'm sure that he is delighted that Panorama is sold.
Based on recent activity, I would have thought that you could not give it away.

David is a nice person, but his managerial skills are up for debate.

kittyboy
April 8th, 2019, 06:39
Good luck to the new owners.
I hope they make it.
The demise of the gay bars in sunee/boyztown etc. has been predicted for years.
Maybe they can make a go of it..though with gay tourism down in thailand or maybe just not patronizing the bars as in previous years it seems like owning a bar is a risky business. Good luck to them.

frequent
April 8th, 2019, 11:09
..though with gay tourism down in thailand ..."gay tourism" or sex tourism by middle-aged sodomites looking for sex with male prostitutes young enough to be their grandsons?

neddy3
April 8th, 2019, 14:00
Now don't go sugar-coating it!

frequent
April 8th, 2019, 14:46
Now don't go sugar-coating it!I suppose some of them may turn into "sugar daddies"

Nirish guy
April 8th, 2019, 16:28
"gay tourism" or sex tourism by middle-aged sodomites looking for sex with male prostitutes young enough to be their grandsons?

You say that like it's a bad thing ?

frequent
April 8th, 2019, 16:35
You say that like it's a bad thing ?Not at all. I merely despise posters like Kitty Litter who confuse "gay tourism" (whatever that is) with sex tourism

kittyboy
April 9th, 2019, 03:59
Not at all. I merely despise posters like Kitty Litter who confuse "gay tourism" (whatever that is) with sex tourism

Setting up strawman arguments is quite stupid.

My best wishes to the new owners. I will be in thailand this summer and will drop by panarama..

Wolzek
April 9th, 2019, 12:54
I will be in thailand this summer and will drop by panarama..

Do people on this board really dont know what a panorama is?

frequent
April 9th, 2019, 13:06
Do people on this board really dont know what a panorama is?Our Man Of Straw clearly doesn't

kittyboy
April 9th, 2019, 19:43

Please inform us.

Captain Swing
April 10th, 2019, 04:00

So what's the answer? Do they really don't? Or else?

Wolzek
April 10th, 2019, 04:11
So what's the answer? Do they really don't? Or else?

Judging by this topic, no they dont.

kittyboy
April 10th, 2019, 10:32
Judging by this topic, no they dont.

Another question. Does anyone know what wolzek is on about?