PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya air pollution

aot871
March 2nd, 2019, 07:56
With bangkok still having bad pollution problems in certain areas, is there any air pollution in pattaya

frequent
March 2nd, 2019, 09:13
With bangkok still having bad pollution problems in certain areas, is there any air pollution in pattayaThere's a free iPhone App called "Thailand Air". I don't know how lesser mortals who use Android devices fare

francois
March 2nd, 2019, 22:35
They smell the air ?

latintopxxx
March 3rd, 2019, 02:15
yes francois, every iphone has sensors which tell the temperature, humidity and air quality. If you hold your phone close to your ear and then move from a hot area to a cooler one (say from oitside to your air conditioned room) you will hear the phone making a sucking whoosh sound as it draws in air to test these parameters. Iphones also talk with one another non stop so thats how you can tell what weather is like elsewhere. You can even use iphones to test cooking temp, next time yoy do a roast shove your phone deep into the roast and it will tell you the internal temperature. Really handy function.

poshglasgow
March 3rd, 2019, 23:45
With bangkok still having bad pollution problems in certain areas, is there any air pollution in pattaya

I too would be interested to hear of the state of current air quality in Pattaya.

Daveuk
March 4th, 2019, 02:32
I would say the worst place in Pats for air pollution would be in Soi Buakhow where it makes a dog leg. At that point the traffic slows down to negotiate the bend and having done so accelerates away pumping out fumes. Many Diesel engine baht bus pickups pass together with numerous motor bikes. Yet despite this many farangs are to be seen sitting on stools overlooking the road being “kippered” by prodigious clouds of smoke. A little further on is a fruit market where it would be essential to wash thoroughly any purchases.
On the other hand a low pollution area is likely to be Dongtan beach which is not accessible to motor traffic during the day. perhaps the Jomtien Complex would also be low risk.

gerefan2
March 4th, 2019, 22:23
You can even use iphones to test cooking temp, next time yoy do a roast shove your phone deep into the roast and it will tell you the internal temperature. Really handy function.

Get that Christian...a way of measuring those skin temperatures... Mind boggles!