PDA

View Full Version : Thai Airways cancels all European flights

gerefan2
February 28th, 2019, 07:38
Last night I flew back from BKK to London with Eva Air. All went OK.

This evening (Wed 27 Feb) I see the same Eva Air flight diverted back to BKK and landed back there after about 5 hours.

All Thai Airways flights to Europe are cancelled.

Consequently, many flights to Thailand are also cancelled due to non arrivals of the inbound flights.

All due to a little punch up between Pakistan and India.

I'm sure it will get sorted once the Airlines prepare new routes.

So, if you are travelling soon, either way, be prepared to get fucked about before you even arrive in Thailand! And expect longer flights too.

frequent
February 28th, 2019, 08:30
Last night I flew back from BKK to London with Eva Air. All went OK.

This evening (Wed 27 Feb) I see the same Eva Air flight diverted back to BKK and landed back there after about 5 hours.

All Thai Airways flights to Europe are cancelled.

Consequently, many flights to Thailand are also cancelled due to non arrivals of the inbound flights.

All due to a little punch up between Pakistan and India.

I'm sure it will get sorted once the Airlines prepare new routes.

So, if you are travelling soon, either way, be prepared to get fucked about before you even arrive in Thailand! And expect longer flights too.
How exactly do you know all of this gerefan2? Your (very) proud boast is that you’ve given up reading newspapers. Are you perhaps relying on that acme of verisimilitude, the Internet, or lonelywombat’s favourite stand-by “a friend told me”?

The information you’re giving out is not only related to airline schedules but also the very current punch up between India and Pakistan

lonelywombat
February 28th, 2019, 09:35
More up to date info for Freaky who does not read newspapers.
http://www.traveller.com.au/airlines-reroute-and-cancel-flights-to-europe-over-indiapakistan-conflict-h1btp2

frequent
February 28th, 2019, 09:45
More up to date info for Freaky who does not read newspapers. http://www.traveller.com.au/airlines-reroute-and-cancel-flights-to-europe-over-indiapakistan-conflict-h1btp2Oh dear, is the senility medication losing its efficacy? I do know, because I do read the newspapers. I was enquiring how poor dim gerefan2 knows as this was his proud boast on February 6:
I have learned over the years never to read ANY newspapaer.
https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/search.php?searchid=789623&pp=&page=2
I'll leave it to arsenal, who as he tells us speaks perfect English, to comment on gerefan2's spelling

lonelywombat
February 28th, 2019, 10:13
Oh dear, is the senility medication losing its efficacy? I do know, because I do read the newspapers. I was enquiring how poor dim gerefan2 knows as this was his proud boast on February 6:

Did not see anything about Gerefan reading it in newspapers. Most likely reported on TV news. Here such news is not being reported, more about priests and catholic school teachers, being caught in school boys trousers.

frequent
February 28th, 2019, 10:30
Here such news is not being reported, more about priests and catholic school teachers, being caught in school boys trousers.Remind us all about Lindy Chamberlain, lonely - her original conviction was also a high water mark in Australian justice, don't you think?

Smiles
February 28th, 2019, 10:45
Both Pakistan and India have nuclear weapons, and both are quite bloody bonkers when it comes to each other.
Airlines with fly-over routes over these two failed states are quite correct in being uber-careful, especially after the downing of a Malaysian Airlines passenger plane over Ukraine a few years ago.

(Furthermore, the comments from Lonely are, as usual, incomprehensible. He did though, somehow manage to intertwine the cautious act of an airline and " ... school boys trousers ... ". Nothing if not Trumpian.)

frequent
February 28th, 2019, 11:08
Both Pakistan and India have nuclear weapons, and both are quite bloody bonkers when it comes to each other.
Airlines with fly-over routes over these two failed states are quite correct in being uber-careful, especially after the downing of a Malaysian Airlines passenger plane over Ukraine a few years ago.

(Furthermore, the comments from Lonely are, as usual, incomprehensible. He did though, somehow manage to intertwine the cautious act of an airline and " ... school boys trousers ... ". Nothing if not Trumpian.)
I don’t recall ever seeing India described as a “failed state”

Smiles
February 28th, 2019, 11:16
I don’t recall ever seeing India described as a “failed state”Just ask Mr Ganges. He'll tell you.

lonelywombat
February 28th, 2019, 11:26
The death of baby Chamberlain in 1980 almost 40 years ago, seems a strange precedent. What we are looking at is two Cardinals in recent months, one resigned and one imprisoned, probably for life.
No longer boys feel as terrified about telling their parents about feeling,fooling or fucking by men supposedly of God. The figure discussed today that up to 500,000 priests and brothers are starting to worry, if their cover stories will stil be believed.

frequent
February 28th, 2019, 12:23
The death of baby Chamberlain in 1980 almost 40 years ago, seems a strange precedent. What we are looking at is two Cardinals in recent months, one resigned and one imprisoned, probably for life.What we're looking at, lonely, is mass hysteria surrounding an unsympathetic person with a religious outlook not shared by the majority of the Australian population, and an "improbable" version of events - exactly what happened with Lindy Chamberlain. It took 7 years and a number of trials and investigations before she was freed from prison. Presumably - since you seem obsessed by the media coverage - you've seen statements by various members of Melbourne's criminal bar who've said the verdict is unbelievable. https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/feb/28/george-pell-has-good-chance-of-winning-appeal-against-convictions-expert-says

I'm keeping an open mind, but then I'm not a sentimentalist. I suspect that what you think is "I don't care if he did that thing or not; I just want him locked up"

frequent
February 28th, 2019, 12:37
Just ask Mr Ganges. He'll tell you.Ol' Man River?

Standard definition of a failed state: "... a political body that has disintegrated to a point where basic conditions and responsibilities of a sovereign government no longer function properly" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Failed_state

Arguably Venezuela is on the way to becoming a "failed state"; some people think the same of, say, Zimbabwe. I wouldn't think either Pakistan or India are anywhere near those two in the "failed state" stakes

Smiles
February 28th, 2019, 13:09
How about douche bags? Would you call India and Pakistan douche bags? I would.

frequent
February 28th, 2019, 13:21
How about douche bags? Would you call India and Pakistan douche bags? I would.A rather facile assessment, Smiles, but not unexpected - after all, I've read your posts on Trump

Smiles
February 28th, 2019, 13:33
Facile?? You want facile? Welcome Trump ... a major facile douche bag.

PS: He and his long distance lover Kim have now "walked away" from each other in Hanoi -- just a few minutes ago actually. So much for the Greatest Summit ever summit-ted. Another historic fuck up by an historic douche bag.

OK, back to Lonely, then back to Thai Airways, then back to Pattaya.

frequent
February 28th, 2019, 13:45
OK, back to Lonely, then back to Thai Airways, then back to Pattaya.I think it's important to recognise that The Wombat has acknowledged the realities of my life ...
Now we know Freaky is on the staff of a Catholic High School in Houston... It's also important to find out if (and why) gerefan2 believes that television is more reliable a source of information than newspapers, as The Wombat asserts:
Did not see anything about Gerefan reading it in newspapers. Most likely reported on TV news.

Oliver2
February 28th, 2019, 14:51
EVA's website tells us that today's flight has left Bangkok and is due to arrive in London an hour or so late.

Jellybean
February 28th, 2019, 15:48
The following travel advice was received by email this morning:

Thailand travel advice

4:29am, 28 February 2019: Summary: Thai Airways have cancelled or delayed a number of flights between Europe (including the UK) and Thailand due to airspace closures over the Kashmir region. This is affecting flights on 28 February. We are in close touch with the airline and Suvarnibhumi Airport in Bangkok to provide support. If flying with Thai Airways you should check with your tour operator, travel agent or the airline for up to date information on your flight status before travelling to the airport.

Source: Her Majesty’s Government in the United Kingdom

gerefan2
February 28th, 2019, 17:54
I'll leave it to arsenal, who as he tells us speaks perfect English, to comment on gerefan2's spelling

If you read this board properly, instead of using every post to start a quarrel, then you would know Arsenal was due to leave the day after me. The day this all blew up. I expect he is incarcerated at Swampy!

As this board is geared up to post information about whores in Thailand I don’t consider my spelling or grammar to be of any relevance and I certainly won’t make any efffort to please you.

If I was writing for the Booker prize that may be different, but I ain’t.

frequent
February 28th, 2019, 18:13
If I was writing for the Booker prize that may be different, but I ain’t.Do tell gerefan2 - how do you know about the Booker Prize? It is after all your proud boast that you don’t read the newspapers. What is this wholly reliable and infallible source on which you rely for your information?

gerefan2
February 28th, 2019, 18:54
What is this wholly reliable and infallible source on which you rely for your information?

Oh yawwwn...
https://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/618850-pakistan-fir-closed.html

Jellybean
February 28th, 2019, 21:24
Further to my post #18, the following updated travel advice was received by email this afternoon:

Thailand travel advice

3:06pm, 28 February 2019: Latest update: Summary – Thai Airways have resumed all normal flight operations between Thailand and Europe; if flying with Thai Airways you should check with your tour operator, travel agent or the airline for up to date information on your flight status before travelling to the airport, as some flights may be subject to delay

Source: Her Majesty’s Government in the United Kingdom

frequent
March 1st, 2019, 01:51
Oh yawwwn...
https://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/618850-pakistan-fir-closed.htmlOf course - the Internet, source of all objective truth. And a site that actually describes itself as "rumours-news". Fabulous. Another morsel to savour

frequent
March 1st, 2019, 02:45
... instead of using every post to start a quarrel ...“Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.” - Jane Austen

frequent
March 1st, 2019, 05:51
Facile?? You want facile? Welcome Trump ... a major facile douche bag. PS: He and his long distance lover Kim have now "walked away" from each other in Hanoi -- just a few minutes ago actually. So much for the Greatest Summit ever summit-ted. Another historic fuck up by an historic douche bag.Kim has played Trump like a Stradivarius. He's got what he most wanted, and which has always been denied to the North Korean First Family - photo-ops with a US President. And not once, but twice. The propaganda value back home would be incalculable
On the other hand - "facile". How's poor old Justin Trudeau faring these days? And another facile Canadian - Matt. How's his Big Lao Adventure progressing I wonder

goji
March 1st, 2019, 17:34
EVA's website tells us that today's flight has left Bangkok and is due to arrive in London an hour or so late.

It was nearer 1.5 hours late and that was mainly due to it avoiding Pakistani airspace by flying south of the country. Makes much more sense than cancelling flights.

This had a code share with a Thai flight, so perhaps they were packing in a few from one of their cancelled flights.