PDA

View Full Version : Edith

August 3rd, 2006, 09:42
OK I thought I wouldn't do this because it makes me look sentimental, but is there a holliday or something that Edith has been taking?

Smiles
August 3rd, 2006, 09:52
Edith goes on walk-a-bout frequently and unpredictably. I believe the excursion this time was somewhere in Northern Afghanistan mentoring to a war lord heroin dealer who has sadly been deprived of his bounty by the ridiculously (for Afghanistan!) democratic government of Mr Karzhai.

Our dear Edith always reappears refreshed and doubly schizophrenic, which, for myself at least, only adds great luster and (ironically! :ky: ) greater sanity to this Board.

Cheers ...

August 3rd, 2006, 14:39
What a relief. Thanks Smiles.

August 3rd, 2006, 17:01
most of her brain is on a permanent holiday..and I mean that in the nicest possible way.

August 3rd, 2006, 17:41
... one of the ones that has his own catamites? I believe the practice is very popular in that part of the world, the Taliban notwithstanding

http://www.counterpunch.org/kandahar.html

August 3rd, 2006, 17:58
One of my favorite quotes from that article:

"it is usually a terrible fate for the boys concerned" but that they accede out of poverty.

Sounds like they're talking about one of homintern's tricks.

Aunty
August 3rd, 2006, 18:08
Cum back Edith! We all miss your sweet apple pie. I think it's the way you pattern the crust. You know, with your dentures.

August 4th, 2006, 10:56
:cyclopsani: :cyclopsani: :cyclopsani:

August 4th, 2006, 20:17
One of my favorite quotes from that article:

"it is usually a terrible fate for the boys concerned" but that they accede out of poverty.

Sounds like they're talking about one of homintern's tricks.

You've got a lot to learn, m'dear. homi's tricks accede out of charity.

August 5th, 2006, 11:33
Counter Punch and Cockburn et al, are they out to lunch? Never heard of any-thing so ridiculous. They were just taking their son no 1's out for a drive in the family car, don't they know the wife and daughter are secreted in the boot where they belong. The wankies could do with some serious cross cultural training, and a good lesson in minding their own business.

Punch went out of business in 2002 after Mohamed Al Fayed took it over in 1996, is this the bastardised American version of the same thing?