PDA

View Full Version : Version Man Karaoke

colmx
February 21st, 2019, 02:48
There were a few posts a while back asking about after hours venues and Gay Karaoke in Pattaya so just thought I'd post an update

There is a new Karaoke bar on Soi Bon kai called Version Man, I went there a few nights back in January. No idea what time it starts, but we were never there before 4am and it was well bright by the time we got home. It seems that its now the "in" place to go after Sinlapin Issan and NAB

I have to say that they have a stunning line up of guys, and there wasn't a single karaoke song to be heard, it was a bit more like a cross between NAB and BBB (NAB type Music with dressed boys on stage) Its not very big but great fun. As you can see from pic below, they have a LOT of boys!

Customers there were mostly boys from BT bars and staff from NAB along with a few tables of Ladyboys from Tiffany etc. There were some tables of girls... but they were definitely in the minority

FB Link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-Version-Pub-Pattaya/716653488725781

Manforallseasons
February 21st, 2019, 10:27
Wow they look like real boys not the type you’re likely to find at Winner GoGo in Sunee...:clapping:

frequent
February 21st, 2019, 11:13
Wow they look like real boys not the type you’re likely to find at Winner GoGo in Sunee...:clapping:More homophobia

arsenal
February 21st, 2019, 11:19
While not as useful as frequent's post but there's a big sign on the left heading from Third Road. Last one there's a sissy.

gerefan2
February 21st, 2019, 13:07
Colmx/Arsenal
The map provided by Colmx does not agree with the map on the Facebook link.
Which one is correct?

arsenal
February 21st, 2019, 13:45
Colmx's map is correct. See you there frequent. I'll get the beers in, pint of bitter is it?

gerefan2
February 21st, 2019, 16:10
Bit too far for him...if you know what I mean.

frequent
February 22nd, 2019, 02:34
Bit too far for him...if you know what I mean.As tout le monde knows, gerefan2, I’m in Houston teaching Latin to the scions of the Catholic gentry, lads I might add the same age as those Thai cave boys lonelywombat writes so much about. I’ve never been to Pattaya, let alone Thailand. I’ve mentioned this at least once before, so perhaps you could save everyone’s time by providing a hyperlink to my posts on this subject - if you know how - every time you feel moved to make the same point?

If you have any doubts, check with sglad - he knows all about learning Latin in a Catholic school in Houston, although it was some time ago now

colmx
February 22nd, 2019, 03:18
Colmx/Arsenal
The map provided by Colmx does not agree with the map on the Facebook link.
Which one is correct?

As Arsenal posts above, the screenshot map I posted from Google is correct.... there is a proper (singing) karaoke in the location marked on FB map, but it would be very disappointing... Certainly if you are going there expecting available boys!

arsenal
February 22nd, 2019, 03:38
Go slow from Third Road, the sign is huge but set back so easy to miss.

A beer is 150 baht. Drink for boy is 250 baht, tip is "up to you". Off fee is 2000 baht. Quite a few ABSOLUTE STUNNERS.

Recommended.

PS. This thread/topic has nothing to offer frequent apart from yet another opportunity to troll everyone all day every day. Don't you get bored of it?

Blueskytoday
February 22nd, 2019, 06:39
Drink for customer 150 Baht....drink for boy should be SAME...and off fee 2000 baht..forget it.

neddy3
February 22nd, 2019, 07:00
Off fee is 2000 Baht?!

arsenal
February 22nd, 2019, 09:40
Yes. I was quoted 2000 baht. Take the hint and just get the boys number.

Genuine question. Which messaging app is popular here? It's not we chat for sure.

neddy3
February 22nd, 2019, 10:46
Quote:
Yes. I was quoted 2000 baht. Take the hint and just get the boys number.

Good advice indeed.

Whatever, it won't bother me either way.
This place operates way past my hours of operation.

arsenal
February 22nd, 2019, 11:09
Well Neddy the early riser could probably go there for a snifter before breakfast such are its opening hours. Haha.

GWMinUS
February 22nd, 2019, 12:28
An Off Fee of 2000 Baht??
I thought that would be the Boy's Tip!!
They surely must be stunning...

neddy3
February 22nd, 2019, 12:33
Well Neddy the early riser could probably go there for a snifter before breakfast such are its opening hours. Haha.

Well, yes he could. Ha.

But I guess that they start too late, and finish too early, for me.
Stunning or not, I'll pass.

sglad
February 22nd, 2019, 22:21
The 2,000Bt off fee might have included the tip. Friends who go to these type of places in Bangkok, which are mainly patronised by Thais, say it is not uncommon for new customers to be charged an all-in price when they take a boy or girl 'off' from the bar but once they become 'known' or familiar, the bars will revert back to the old off fee plus tip system. In fact, two of my friends say that these venues often don't even charge an off fee after you've spent a certain amount and would leave the off-premises negotiations entirely up to the customer and the boy/girl.

gerefan2
February 22nd, 2019, 22:28
I think I may find out tomorrow ....purely for SGT accuracy of course!

Jellybean
February 22nd, 2019, 22:49
. . . Genuine question. Which messaging app is popular here? It's not we chat for sure.

I started using the messaging app, Line, quite a few years ago arsenal, as nearly all the Thai lads I know use it.

It has several incoming message notification sounds. My favourite is a high pitched verbal rendering of the word "Line". I don't think it's popular back here in the UK, as the incoming sound notification turns a few heads and raises a few eyebrows when I'm in a public place. :))

sglad
February 22nd, 2019, 22:49
I think I may find out tomorrow ....purely for SGT accuracy of course!

Of course! Here's another research question: find out where the guys are from; are they Thai or...?

latintopxxx
February 23rd, 2019, 02:09
im much more refined...no sounds...just the vibrator..im not so needy that I gotta announce to the whole planet that i got mail...terribly uncouth

arsenal
February 23rd, 2019, 03:15
Welcoming last night and a little bit more so this. Fun place. Lots of shisha smoking.

A bottle including ice and mixers is 1190 baht.

gerefan2
February 25th, 2019, 00:09
I went there last night at about midnight and the place was deserted. We were told that it doesn’t get going until 4 am. Fucking 4 am!

So it was back to Boyztown to a jam packed Boyz Music to fill in the time.

We returned at 3.30 am to find it still deserted, although people were slowly starting to arrive.

Couldn’t be arsed with all that so we went off to the Tomboy Bar, Talk 99, on Third Road.
It was heaving and was really good fun.

So be warned that Version is a place for the after, after, parties and it’s dead until 4 am. Might suit some but I prefer to get installed in a bar earlier than that!

Some discrete but crappy pics attached

latintopxxx
February 25th, 2019, 03:14
what a let down, if there was only 30 min to go you could have waited and eyed the eye candy, for all you know the place might turn into a massive no holds barred orgy at exactly 4am...bit like a club in rio...all very gay and nice and clothed until a stripper hopped onto a liittle stage...followed by another who then fucked him ..after which the place turned into an orgy...only this was at 1;30am and not 4

frequent
February 25th, 2019, 04:39
what a let down, if there was only 30 min to go you could have waited and eyed the eye candy, for all you know the place might turn into a massive no holds barred orgy at exactly 4am...bit like a club in rio...all very gay and nice and clothed until a stripper hopped onto a liittle stage...followed by another who then fucked him ..after which the place turned into an orgy...only this was at 1;30am and not 4I'm sure one of gerefan2's fabulous trip reports will reveal what happened when he went at a later hour - undoubtedly accompanied by arsenal on one of his somnambulistic rides around Pattaya (The Captain & Tenille don't you know)

Manforallseasons
February 25th, 2019, 05:22
Nice pics gerfen2, I thought Tomboy was a place for lesbians which place are the pics from?

arsenal
February 25th, 2019, 10:17
The pics are from Version Pub. I was there last night at about 4ish. It was somewhat dead between the twice hourly boys-on-stage extravaganza.

gerefan2
February 25th, 2019, 15:19
Another “gotcha” at “Aversion”.

As we arrived a boy came and got chatting to us. He was not “offed” from the stage.

The waiter then bought us a bill for 400 baht and on querying it he told me it was 200 for the boy and 200 for the boy drink...even thought he was drinking from our bottle.

If I was sober I would have pursued it further...

colmx
February 26th, 2019, 02:17
it was 200 for the boy and 200 for the boy drink...even thought he was drinking from our bottle.

If I was sober I would have pursued it further...
We were charged 200B per boy per rotation (standard karaoke charge) and were never charged for boy drinks, they simply drank from our whiskey... maybe this is a new thing
Or a farang tax!

frequent
February 26th, 2019, 02:57
I regard karaoke as the "abomination of desolation" mentioned several times in the Bible

gerefan2
February 26th, 2019, 06:22
I regard karaoke as the "abomination of desolation" mentioned several times in the Bible

Based on what experience.e? When did you last attend a gay karaoke event or even a gay venue in Thailand?

What contribution have you ever made about gay venues in Bangers?

Manforallseasons
February 26th, 2019, 08:52
Based on what experience.e? When did you last attend a gay karaoke event or even a gay venue in Thailand?

What contribution have you ever made about gay venues in Bangers?

Or for that fact anything else.

frequent
February 26th, 2019, 09:29
Based on what experience.e? When did you last attend a gay karaoke event ...Gay karaoke? Never. Karaoke - when I've been on business trips to Japan where it is almost unavoidable. Is gay karaoke where you lubricate your vocal chords with the semen of the boy sitting next to you?

dinagam
February 26th, 2019, 10:07
Your vocal chords couldn't be as horsey as Barbara Walter's that would necessitate a seminal lubricant isn't it?

frequent
February 26th, 2019, 10:35
Your vocal chords couldn't be as horsey as Barbara Walter's that would necessitate a seminal lubricant isn't it?The Australian opera singer Nellie Melba reputedly had a strapping young man waiting in the wings every night she sang to give him a head job so as to lubricate her vocal chords (so she said). Another claim is that she described Italian tenor Enrico Caruso's cum as "the sweetest I have ever tasted"

Perhaps "gay" karaoke is like a circle jerk - you give the person to your left, whoever he may be, a head job before bursting into song yourself. It ends when you are yourself fellated and the person to your right sings? That's my fantasy and I'm sticking to it

The problem with gerefan2's posts on this (or any subject) is that he's such a dull, grey and boring little man that you'll never get these tit-bits from him

Moses
February 26th, 2019, 17:01
Perhaps "gay" karaoke is like a circle jerk - you give the person to your left, whoever he may be, a head job before bursting into song yourself. It ends when you are yourself fellated and the person to your right sings? That's my fantasy and I'm sticking to it

well, everyone will be too much busy for to sing then...

Captain Swing
February 27th, 2019, 00:10
I'm not paying any attention to what you all are babbling about, but would you please stop writing "vocal CHORDS?" Where's Christian?

colmx
February 27th, 2019, 02:21
for clarity, there is no singing in New version Karaoke... or certainly wasn't on my visits
Its more like a disco/night club with boys that you can pay to come and join your table

frequent
February 27th, 2019, 02:22
I'm not paying any attention to what you all are babbling about, but would you please stop writing "vocal CHORDS?" Where's Christian?How else can I entice arsenal to show off his perfect English?

arsenal
February 27th, 2019, 02:50
colmx is right and basically it's little more than a room. Therefore it doesn't matter however many times you go thete and troll around you'll never find what you're looking for and eventually stop going there altogether.

gerefan2
February 28th, 2019, 00:03
That's my fantasy and I'm sticking to it

The problem with gerefan2's posts on this (or any subject) is that he's such a dull, grey and boring little man that you'll never get these tit-bits from him

Isnt that the truth about all your posts...total fantasy and quotes out of magazines or newpapapers?

Try going to some gay venues and post here about some REAL experience.

frequent
February 28th, 2019, 02:19
Isnt that the truth about all your posts...total fantasy and quotes out of magazines or newpapapers? Try going to some gay venues and post here about some REAL experience.From earlier in this very thread - https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?20719-Version-Man-Karaoke&p=256366&highlight=#post256366

christianpfc
March 1st, 2019, 13:59
I started using the messaging app, Line, quite a few years ago arsenal, as nearly all the Thai lads I know use it. It has several incoming message notification sounds. My favourite is a high pitched verbal rendering of the word "Line".
"favorite" is ironic? The most awful sound I have ever heard coming out of a mobile phone.

I'm not paying any attention to what you all are babbling about, but would you please stop writing "vocal CHORDS?" Where's Christian?
It should be vocal CORDS.

lonelywombat
March 1st, 2019, 15:05
Once again we have english lessons and this from a moderator. God help us!

Jellybean
March 1st, 2019, 16:45
I started using the messaging app, Line, quite a few years ago arsenal, as nearly all the Thai lads I know use it. It has several incoming message notification sounds. My favourite is a high pitched verbal rendering of the word "Line" . . .

"favorite" is ironic? The most awful sound I have ever heard coming out of a mobile phone . . .

Nope, not ironic, it is definitely my favourite (note the correct spelling with a ‘u’ not the incorrect American version you quoted – 555!) it amuses me and annoys the more sensitive souls around me in equal measure. There is a more subdued and to some, acceptable, version, but it’s not for those with hearing difficulties.

And on the subject of correct spelling . . .

. . . It should be vocal CORDS.

Once again we have english lessons and this from a moderator. God help us!

Tut, tut, lonelywombat, “English” is a proper noun and it must be capitalised. Only teasing you lonelywombat, please don’t take offence. ;)