View Full Version : Medical conditions I have encountered

frequent
February 20th, 2019, 04:24
Palilalia (from the Greek πάλιν (pálin) meaning "again" and λαλιά (laliá) meaning "speech" or "to talk"), a complex tic, is a language disorder characterized by the involuntary repetition of syllables, words, or phrases. It has features resembling other complex tics such as echolalia or coprolalia, but, unlike other aphasias, palilalia is based upon contextually correct speech.

Palilalia is considered an aphasia, a disorder of language, and is not to be confused with speech disorders, as there is no difficulty in the formation of internal speech. Palilalia is similar to speech disorders such as stuttering or cluttering, as it tends to only express itself in spontaneous speech, such as answering basic questions, and not in automatic speech such as reading or singing; however, it distinctively affects words and phrases rather than syllables and sounds.

Palilalia may occur in conditions affecting the pre-frontal cortex or basal ganglia regions, either from physical trauma, neurodegenerative disorders, genetic disorders, or a loss of dopamine in these brain regions. Palilalia occurs most commonly in Tourette syndrome and may be present in neurodegenerative disorders like Alzheimer's disease and progressive supranuclear palsy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palilalia

Smiles
February 20th, 2019, 08:15
So needy.

frequent
February 20th, 2019, 08:32
So needy."You might very well think so, I couldn't possibly comment" - Francis Urquart/Frank Underwood, House of Cards

dinagam
February 20th, 2019, 15:49
The "so needy" malady seems to be contagious.
What is needed is an injection of a suitable vaccine.

francois
February 20th, 2019, 16:44

I recommend cyanide.

Moses
February 20th, 2019, 17:32
Thank you for starting this thread in "Everything else" subforum.

PS I had very mixed feelings when found SGT filled with these strange "needy". My first movement was to delete all, but after short... mmm... "thinking" (?) I got idea what forum's community will accept that case with humor and irony. So I did nothing. Here we are.

Brad the Impala
February 20th, 2019, 20:25

The usual way to deal with new contagious maladies is to isolate the source, pending development of a vaccine.

Nirish guy
February 20th, 2019, 21:43
........I had very mixed feelings when found SGT filled with these strange "needy". My first movement was to delete all....

Your first thought was indeed the correct one, pity you hadn't of acted on it as neither humour nor irony were present in any of arsenals flooding posts of course.

arsenal
February 20th, 2019, 23:23
Nirish and his trusty sidekick Little Brad organise an anti arsenal ralley.

Moses
February 20th, 2019, 23:43
as neither humour nor irony were present in any of arsenals flooding posts of course.

I got idea what forum's community will accept that case with humor and irony. So I did nothing. Here we are.

do you see difference?

Nirish guy
February 21st, 2019, 00:24
No sorry Moses, I ( genuinely) do not understand what you mean.

Either way, I guess it really shouldn't need all this talk as if anyone else had flooded the board like that and carry on as they do I'm guessing you would have had PLENTY to say about it, but almost as you said above "so you did nothing......and here we are I guess". Sad really that arsenal feels the need and also seems to feel "put upon", when actually all anyone is saying is "would you not please stop doing things like that, you of all people as an ex mod SHOULD know better" of course.

frequent
February 21st, 2019, 01:56
... as an ex mod ..."Moderator Emeritus" shurely?

arsenal
February 21st, 2019, 02:36
Yes. Thank fuck. Nirish will make a perfect moderator, as will Little Brad.

If you can't see the irony Moses is talking about...look harder. Its not difficult.

sglad
February 22nd, 2019, 22:42
Either way, I guess it really shouldn't need all this talk as if anyone else had flooded the board like that and carry on as they do I'm guessing you would have had PLENTY to say about it, but almost as you said above "so you did nothing......and here we are I guess".

Actually, no. Moses has been quite consistent. When frequent made all his "I speak perfect English" taunts at arsenal, trolled gerefan2 and drove paborn off this forum, just to name a few, Moses did not have much to say about it, let alone "PLENTY".