PDA

View Full Version : Gafae Cafe So. Pattaya near Tukcom NO longer serves breakfast.

travelerjim
February 15th, 2019, 10:28
FYI...Gafae Cafe near Tukcom South Pattaya NO LONGERS SERVES BREAKFAST ...at any time. Still serves other menu items.
It was one of my long time favorites. No explanation given.
Deli Diner and Grottinos are still available for breakfast. Same soi West Side of TukCom.

arsenal
February 15th, 2019, 10:56
Oh dear. Ol' Lonely will shuffle into this thread to vent his spleen. He's in one of his 'unwell moods today.

lonelywombat
February 15th, 2019, 11:51
The info re the gafae breakfast was out early jan. It started on 31 Jan.
Maybe Jim and yourself are a bit slow now as you both get older.

travelerjim
February 15th, 2019, 11:56
Yes...thank you....I was not aware of the change.

As I have reached my 75th a week ago, and have been traveling to Singburi, Nakhon Sawan for the Chinese New Year, Lopburi for the King Narai's Fair, Chiang Rai for their besutiful flower festival and Chiang Mai during these past several weeks, I was away enjoying Thailand.

Surprised at their decision to abandon breakfast menu. It appeared a popular breakfast place in past.

arsenal
February 15th, 2019, 12:04
If it means becoming as sour as you Womble I hope I don't get to your age.

lonelywombat
February 15th, 2019, 12:17
Many of us think you are very close to traveller's age

arsenal
February 15th, 2019, 12:35
The legendary Arsenal is honoured that members care how old he is but this is seven magpie information.

Nirish guy
February 15th, 2019, 15:31
Is Gafae cafe the one owned by the very nice (Indian??) gentleman that sits on the opposite corner facing Grottinis or is that somewhere else ?? If NOT there THAT cafe also does a nice breakfast too and you can mix and match to suit yourself too which I always like ( and have a nice chat with the owner if you like that sort of thing)

francois
February 15th, 2019, 15:40
Sorry Nirish guy, you have your cafes mixed up.
Salt and Pepper is the one across from Grottinos but it is owned by an Indian man by the name of Mr. D .

Gafae is on Pattaya Tai close to Tukcom.

travelerjim
February 15th, 2019, 17:53
The co-owner of Salt & Pepper across from Grottinos and next to the Flamingo Hotel is from Pakistan. Thai wife and two daughters. "Zee" is his nickname. A fine gent and has provided very affordable Thai and American foods on menu.

francois
February 15th, 2019, 18:40
Yes, Mr. Zee not Mr. Dee.

Jellybean
February 15th, 2019, 20:30
The legendary Arsenal is honoured that members care how old he is but this is seven magpie information.

I'm sorry to admit arsenal, but I had no idea what you meant in the above post. After some searching I eventually found the answer using Google. Just occasionally you need the skills of a Bletchley Park (https://www.bletchleypark.org.uk/)codebreaker to understand some posts. :)

One for Sorrow (nursery rhyme)

One for sorrow,
Two for joy,
Three for a girl,
Four for a dog
Five for silver,
Six for gold,
Seven for a secret,
Never to be told.
Eight for a wish,
Nine for a kiss,
Ten for a bird,
You must not miss.

Source: Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_for_Sorrow_%28nursery_rhyme%29)

Yes, Mr. Zee not Mr. Dee.

Thanks for clarifying, françois. ;)

arsenal
February 15th, 2019, 21:32
Haha Almost right Jellybean. Four is for a boy.

arsenal
February 15th, 2019, 22:26
OK. Wikipedia does indeed have four as a dog, I understood it to be for a boy.

In my defence I was stroking a lovely Thai boys lovely arse when I posted so research was not at the forefront of my plans.

dab69
February 18th, 2019, 09:33
Another nail in the coffin of Pattaya. First Eros closing according to MFAS and now no breakfast at Gafae.

sglad
February 22nd, 2019, 23:16
As I have reached my 75th a week ago, and have been traveling to Singburi, Nakhon Sawan for the Chinese New Year, Lopburi for the King Narai's Fair, Chiang Rai for their besutiful flower festival and Chiang Mai during these past several weeks, I was away enjoying Thailand.

Happy belated, TJ! Can you tell us a bit more about King Narai's fair and the Chiang Rai flower festival? Is this the one that is a fixture in a park in the middle of the city during the height of winter, unlike the CM one which runs over a few days in February?