PDA

View Full Version : CPR

poshglasgow
February 1st, 2019, 04:30
https://pattayaone.news/en/35-year-old-russian-pattaya-hotel/

Watching this rescue of a farang in Pattaya,courtesy of Pattaya One, I was amazed to see some kind of machine sitting on the guy's chest, carrying out visible CPR. I've never seen anything like it in Europe. How long has this amazing life-saving machine been around?

dab69
February 3rd, 2019, 11:59
There are 263 cpr machine suppliers, mainly located in Asia. The top supplying countries are China (Mainland), South Korea, and Taiwan, which supply 98%, 1%, and 1% of cpr machine respectively. Cpr machine products are most popular in Southeast Asia, Western Europe, and South America. (courtesy of Alibaba)

Survival stats aren't good with either manual or automatic (~10%) CPR

sglad
February 4th, 2019, 23:19
Watching this rescue of a farang in Pattaya,courtesy of Pattaya One, I was amazed to see some kind of machine sitting on the guy's chest, carrying out visible CPR. I've never seen anything like it in Europe. How long has this amazing life-saving machine been around?

I'm not surprised. No self-respecting Thai boy or girl would go near a Pattaya resident or visitor's lips without at least a promise of a 1,000 Baht tip - which would not work in an emergency.

kittyboy
February 4th, 2019, 23:53
There are 263 cpr machine suppliers, mainly located in Asia. The top supplying countries are China (Mainland), South Korea, and Taiwan, which supply 98%, 1%, and 1% of cpr machine respectively. Cpr machine products are most popular in Southeast Asia, Western Europe, and South America. (courtesy of Alibaba)

Survival stats aren't good with either manual or automatic (~10%) CPR

I have read similar statistics - though as I recall the statistics I read for surviving and or being resuscitated rates were higher.
Even if a person has their heart restarted there is often irreparable damage to the heart..brain etc.

Presumably far away in time from my own heart attack - I feel like I would rather just die..but of course the reality is we don't know what we would do or feel in such a situation.

And those

sglad
February 4th, 2019, 23:58
Even if a person has their heart restarted there is often irreparable damage to the heart..brain etc.

Travelerjim, from an insurance perspective, wouldn't these count as pre-existing conditions in the average Pattaya victim?