PDA

View Full Version : Chiang Mai Gets it's Pride Back

BonTong
January 31st, 2019, 13:12
Ten years after the much lamented events that destroyed Chiang Mai’s last Pride event in 2009, Pride is back. Chiang Mai Pride 2019 will be held on 21 February 2019, ten years to the day since the disgraceful events that brought Chiang Mai to the attention of the world. Read More: Pride Returns to Chiang Mai (https://www.gay-in-chiangmai.com/news/2019/lgbt-pride-chiang-mai-2019/)

latintopxxx
February 1st, 2019, 00:58
i find pride marches/parades so embarrassing....as if i want to be associated with limp wristed flamboyant cross dressers...

frequent
February 1st, 2019, 02:41
i find pride marches/parades so embarrassing....as if i want to be associated with limp wristed flamboyant cross dressers...Your homophobia is showing

Nirish guy
February 1st, 2019, 03:49
i find pride marches/parades so embarrassing....as if i want to be associated with limp wristed flamboyant cross dressers...

Then you should go and represent yourself and other gay men you feel are like you and stop expecting every gay man to be the same then perhaps ?

Smiles
February 1st, 2019, 06:30
Oh Latinosmallpoxx my man, you're nothing if not laughingly predictable. The very minute I read the opening post I knew exactly what you where about to punch into that keyboard. Same old same old loveable ... getting toothless troll.

But do carry on.

Manforallseasons
February 1st, 2019, 07:44
Agreed, they tend to look like freck shows and are not representative of the majority of gay people.

frequent
February 1st, 2019, 10:28
Agreed, they tend to look like freck shows and are not representative of the majority of gay people.You mean they don't look like you (you're one of the majority aren't you)?

latintopxxx
February 1st, 2019, 14:17
99% of pride march contestants are as annoying as gay gogo bar mamasans...

Nirish guy
February 1st, 2019, 16:31
so funny....."people at PRIDE marches look far too gay: - "they most certainly dont look like me and Im gay you know" - Ha sounds like someone might need a bigger mirror and a sprinkling of some truth and self awareness dust more like just maybe as I'm betting your friends ( if you have any) can't see much difference at all really ! :)

Manforallseasons
February 1st, 2019, 16:52
Nice pic of you Nirish:

Moses
February 1st, 2019, 18:29

Agreed, they tend to look like freck shows and are not representative of the majority of gay people.

Moses
February 1st, 2019, 18:31

dinagam
February 1st, 2019, 20:09
Scandalous!
How dare they show their nipples and navels in public on busy streets.
They are most welcome to do so at the beaches.

Brad the Impala
February 2nd, 2019, 00:40

FFS It's a party, a show, a spectacle! Who'd want to join a parade of dull people dressed in dreary clothes!

latintopxxx
February 2nd, 2019, 02:21
moses...point is that from my view point I dont understand why gays have to be frog marched down the road like animals at an agricultural show so that "normnal" people can gawk and point and be entertained by us weirdos...

Nirish guy
February 2nd, 2019, 02:56
oh perhaps it's more just weirdos walking down the road thinking "hey ok, so we KNOW you don't REALLY like us but hey we don't REALLY don't give a shit anymore !"

PS Latin - just out of interest have you ever looked up "internalised homophobia" in the dictionary, you just might find it an interesting read.......

BonTong
February 2nd, 2019, 17:06
As Moses pictures show Taiwan has become one of the most progressive countries in Asia for accepting gay rights and culture.

Chiang Mai Pride needs to be taken in the context of events ten years ago when a mob of thugs blocked the parade with threats of violence. They too were protesting that scantily clad guys and ladyboys would ruin Chiang Mai's beautiful culture. The original Pride here was primarily an HIV awareness (and fund raiser for M Plus ;) )

My understanding is the theme this time, as has been since then at much smaller events on 21 February in previous years, a protest about violence against LGBT. The organisers haven't made clear what they expect from the parade or issued any dress code. Given the sensitivities surrounding the previous event I would hope there will be a conservative dress code.

bkkguy
February 2nd, 2019, 18:26
You mean they don't look like you (you're one of the majority aren't you)?

I think Moses' pictures prove the point - what percentage of the posters here look anything like anyone in those pics?

GWMinUS
February 4th, 2019, 11:07

Then you are going to the WRONG Gay Pride Parades.
Try Taiwan or San Francisco. Plenty of Top Men to make you happy...
Cheers

latintopxxx
February 4th, 2019, 13:14
sweetie...ive been to more pride marches than u have had meals...few highlights like cologne and madrid....the rest r a total waste of my precious time

newalaan2
February 4th, 2019, 15:52
sweetie...ive been to more pride marches than u have had meals...few highlights like cologne and madrid....the rest r a total waste of my precious time

sweetie????? You're beginning to sound like an annoying gay gogo mamasan. But why 'sweetie' if you dislike these marches so much did you attend so many of them and waste so much of your 'precious' time? Isn't that rather foolish? Especially somebody who has been to 'more pride marches and we have had meals' that must be quite a few you had to attend before you realised you didn't actually like them.

neddy3
February 4th, 2019, 15:56
He's just precious

gerefan2
February 4th, 2019, 20:52
..the rest r a total waste of my precious time

So how would you describe your ramblings (I was going to say writings) on here as a use of your time?

sglad
February 4th, 2019, 23:46
PS Latin - just out of interest have you ever looked up "internalised homophobia" in the dictionary, you just might find it an interesting read.......

You mean like openly hating lesbians or effeminate gay men or gay twinks or lusting after straight men only (that's right, men who identify as straight, not straight-acting gay men)? We have plenty of that on this forum. We have at least one moderator who goes for straight guys only and even expressed embarrassment at sharing a lift with straight people if he has his hoe-boy (straight as he is) in tow? Isn't that an expression of internalised homophobia?

Coming back to pride events in Thailand, how many of them are attended by regular gay Thai guys? By this I mean your gay Thai postman, waiter, doctor, lawyer, accountant, teacher, policeman, nurse, civil servant, factory worker, etc, NOT paid bar workers, models advertising products and services and the occasional NGO? If there are few or none, then what does it say about Thai pride events and who they are for? None of my gay Thai friends are interested in these events or even know much about them. Our Pink Dot gatherings in Singapore are attended by a diverse group of gay people and their families from across the professions and all walks of life who share a common goal of supporting the LGBTQ community and their right to love and be who they are. In the above pics, I can see Taiwanese office nerds in business shirts marching alongside the hunks in speedos; where are the Thais doing the same?

latintopxxx
February 5th, 2019, 04:14
oh how i love the confucked physco speak babble used by some to confuse others...its simple..gay isnt special..so why act like its a celebration...why make a spectacle of yourself...it damages the gay image...once people find out that one is gay they expect u to start acting like ru paul...shrieking over a broken nail...

dinagam
February 5th, 2019, 09:18
Latin is so funny.
He's a real sweetie.

frequent
February 5th, 2019, 11:21
oh how i love the confucked physco speak babble
.... I speak perfect EnglishHow I miss Tenille

BonTong
February 6th, 2019, 08:18
Coming back to pride events in Thailand, how many of them are attended by regular gay Thai guys? By this I mean your gay Thai postman, waiter, doctor, lawyer, accountant, teacher, policeman, nurse, civil servant, factory worker, etc, NOT paid bar workers, models advertising products and services and the occasional NGO? If there are few or none, then what does it say about Thai pride events and who they are for? None of my gay Thai friends are interested in these events or even know much about them.

What pride events in Thailand? There hasn't been one in Chiang Mai for over ten years (which is the whole point of this one...). Bangkok Pride has been dead for years. That leaves Phuket Pride which, whilst having honourable fundraising objectives, is organised by foreigners, non-political, and supported primarily by the commercial gay scene i.e basically an ex-pat/tourist party and fundraiser. Nothing wrong with that, but I know there has been some criticism in the past that it didn't include local Thais and political agendas. Are there any other Pride events in Thailand?

Chiang Mai Pride 2019 (https://www.gay-in-chiangmai.com/event/chiang-mai-pride/) is being organised by the Young Pride Club (https://facebook.com/YoungPrideClub/) and M-plus. I understand the Young Pride Club is run by a group of Thai University students. M-Plus is an NGO working in The HIV prevention space and is a Thai run and staffed organisation offering support to Thai people. So, Chiang Mai Pride 2019 is a Thai organised event, with Thai objectives and aimed at Thai people. It should target exactly the type of "regular gay Thai guys", you refer to. I sincerely hope that foreigners will turn up to support the event, but stay right out of its organisation. The involvement of foreigners and big egos is what brought the downfall of the last Chiang Pride with disastrous consequences.

I can understand that your Thai gay friends aren't "interested in these events", when they have big commercial agendas. This should be different and perhaps very much of interest to them?

GWMinUS
February 6th, 2019, 10:42
All my best to Young Pride Club and M-Plus.
Having lived for over 25 years in the San Francisco I enjoy many Gay Pride Parades.
And when I was a Univ Professor I matched with some of my Students in Austin, Texas.
We enjoyed being part of showing our Pride in being Gay and Out!!
I hope the same for you guys in Chiang Mai...
GWM in USA