PDA

View Full Version : Australia has just announced the 2 men who led the cave search ,as joint Australians of the Year

lonelywombat
January 25th, 2019, 15:54
here is part of the official announcement
Richard Harris and Craig Challen led a heroic rescue under the spotlight of the world’s media. They placed the safety of others above their own and inspired hope when hope seemed lost," Ms Roche said, adding that the divers' decision to risk their lives "typifies the Australian spirit".
“They embody the very best of the Australian spirit – a commitment to improving the lives of others, a determination to succeed and the ability to inspire us to think about how we can contribute to our nation,” she said.
"They are the people that make us proud to be Australian."
Before learning he had won the top honour, Dr Harris said being recognised as a finalist was "a completely unexpected result" from what had seemed at the time to be "just doing a job".
"We felt very priviledged to be involved in such a massive undertaking, but it just felt like we were doing the stuff we were trained to do," he said.

"We had no idea of the size of the global story while we were in the cave, and it came as a bit of a shock when we came out."
The cave rescue was an international media sensation and has been the subject of three books - including one by Sydney Morning Herald and The Age's south-east Asia correspondent James Massola - and a $4 million movie deal. (https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/richard-harris-craig-challen-land-6m-book-movie-deal-on-thai-cave-20181105-p50e6r.html)

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/thai-cave-rescue-divers-named-2019-australians-of-the-year-20190125-p50tqm.html

sglad
January 25th, 2019, 20:29
Dear Loony Wombat,

I looked up the Australian of the Year website and there's also a Senior Australian of the Year category. I'm flabbergasted you're not up for that award for your intrepid reporting on this matter.

lonelywombat
January 25th, 2019, 23:17
Dear Loony Wombat,

I looked up the Australian of the Year website and there's also a Senior Australian of the Year category. I'm flabbergasted you're not up for that award for your intrepid reporting on this matter.

I did not want to spoil your opportunity to make a scoop in your own name.
it is a very big chance for a 24yo boy from singapore to grab for himself.
My header was confined to the two from Australia that led the cave search.
you take all the credit for any thing I have left out. little boy

gerefan2
January 26th, 2019, 00:55
I did not want to spoil your opportunity to make a scoop in your own name.

Ha ha

francois
January 26th, 2019, 12:47
My header was confined to the two from Australia that led the cave search.
you take all the credit for any thing I have left out. little boy

Old boy pretending to be little boy.:devilsh:

Manforallseasons
January 26th, 2019, 16:59
Old boy pretending to be little boy.:devilsh:

Yes sglad is a hydra but who cares if he is young or old or is this 1 or more of another member?

gerefan2
January 26th, 2019, 18:25
Yes sglad is a hydra but who cares if he is young or old or is this 1 or more of another member?

If you are saying what I think you are saying, I thought this was now impossible?
Weren’t we told the Robots would sort out anyone trying such a terrible thing?
The Robots, The Robots....

Smiles
January 26th, 2019, 18:30
" ... Yes sglad is a hydra ... "Now where do you get that from?
Kind of a dumb-ass Trumpian thing to say unless you have some kind of inescapable truth which you could share with everyone.