PDA

View Full Version : Its Called Fuck the Farang

kjun12
January 21st, 2019, 16:34
I recently went to my Bank to open a second account. Bangkok Bank refused my request because I don’t have a work permit. When I opened my first account I had no problem and no work permit was requested. When I asked why I need a work permit to open an account they would only say that this is the rule. When I continued to pressure the bank people they finally consented to open the account because I own a condo. This was not offered until I continued to demand that I be told why and when this rule came into play.

Today, I wanted to add the second account to my online banking but they told me I could only have one account in online banking. Upon asking why I was told it is because I am a foreigner.

This whole scenario is just more of the Fuck the Farang policy of Thailand.

Manforallseasons
January 21st, 2019, 16:44
Bangkok Bank is not the only bank in Thailand! Why not take your business elsewhere?

neddy3
January 21st, 2019, 18:33
I believe that Bangkok Bank is more strict than some others.

Smiles
January 21st, 2019, 18:41
This whole scenario is just more of the Fuck the Farang policy of ThailandOh dear ... poor baby. Can't get your way? Poor whiny baby.

gerefan2
January 21st, 2019, 19:46
If you want problems like this you only have to move to the Kasikorn Bank!

mahjongguy
January 23rd, 2019, 07:06
Today, I wanted to add the second account to my online banking but they told me I could only have one account in online banking. Upon asking why I was told it is because I am a foreigner.

Other accounts in your name can be added to your online banking. You need to do it yourself, from within the webpage.

kjun12
January 25th, 2019, 02:44
Oh dear ... poor baby. Can't get your way? Poor whiny baby.

Mr. Despicable speaks up or down. And, he is usually very down and out.

kjun12
January 25th, 2019, 02:46
Other accounts in your name can be added to your online banking. You need to do it yourself, from within the webpage.

I tried that but it does not work.

mahjongguy
January 25th, 2019, 07:41
I tried that but it does not work.

Perhaps you are trying to add a fixed account. That cannot be done, by you or the branch.

DragonMaster
January 29th, 2019, 22:24
Perhaps you are trying to add a fixed account. That cannot be done, by you or the branch.

Unless something as changed very recently at Bangkok Bank, I have 3 accounts linked to online banking, one regular savings, one fixed savings, and a foreign currency account. The branch had to add the foreign currency account as they are handled by BB’s main office on Silom. The fixed savings I added myself. I have no work permit, and do not own real estate. Only requirement was a residence certificate. Perhaps this is a local branch incident.

latintopxxx
January 29th, 2019, 23:46
Im sure that all your moaning lot will be the first screaming for help if due to lax bank procedures your accounts get drained. Its their country and their rules count. Theyve been at it for the last 5000 years and aint gonna change.If you dont like it move...

Nirish guy
January 30th, 2019, 02:42
Plus lets face it with it being Thailand it's actually probably more likely that it'll be the Government there who'll end up trying to empty your account someday when it randomly suits way more than anyone else perhaps if they thought they could get away with it!