PDA

View Full Version : Warning of another scam in Pattaya

January 17th, 2006, 09:00
A word of caution. I was a Soi 6 Police Station a few days ago finalising some documents and was speaking to a few officers I know well who told me of a fresh scam doing the rounds,

In one of the well known pick up areas there is an underage boy (17) working and usually accompnaied by 1-2 friends. The boy claims he is bottom only ( which it appears he is) but with no ID. The friend offers to arrange a short time room and if the deal is done then the punter and boy do go to the room and the boy does provide the service. We know the boy from his time at the Boys Home in Rayong and he is 17 years & 3 months of age and has only been working in Pattaya since December.

So far three farangs ( at least those who have had the courage to complain to the police) have after the short time is up and left the hotel then been followed to his hotel or stopped in the street where the friends produce the boy's ID showing he is just 17and demand money or they go the the police. Three farangs have refused to pay and complained to the police that they had been taken for 80,00, 120,000 and 90,000 baht by the boy's friends respectively.

The police are not overly concerned about the boy working but take the view that if the farangs did not check the ID then it is up to them.

One farang who complained was also arrested and kept in the Soi 6 cells overnight. Another has had all of his identity documents copied and logged and the police are waiting to decide whether to press charges.

There are of course possibly other farangs who have been caught by this scam but put it down to experience.

You have been warned!

bucknaway
January 17th, 2006, 09:05
Is this boy ever going to turn 18? :clown:

January 17th, 2006, 09:11
I never have

dab69
January 17th, 2006, 10:41
"three farangs have been refused to pay and complained to police that they gave been taken for 80,000 120,000 and 90,000 bT respectively"

have short time tips gone up that much?

January 17th, 2006, 11:13
What if the farang neglected to pay the boy for the hoopla? Then it isn't prostitution! :idea:

Thank you for the warning, King Kong. The scams never end, do they? I have a feeling your friends in brown might know more about this than they told you. 120 000 B to get off? This is way too much money for some kids to operate alone without "sharing".

Speaking of underage scams, I haven't seen the one in the Silom area in Bangkok this high season, and the general moneyboy traffic on the street is slow and punters are few. Maybe the Powers killed the golden goose.

January 17th, 2006, 13:43
<I have a feeling your friends in brown might know more about this than they told you. 120 000 B to get off? This is way too much money for some kids to operate alone without "sharing". >

No are no doubt correct Silom. The boy's two friends are certainly working as his pimps as there is probably some sort of debt that the boys owes to them. I have known the boy since his days at the Rayong boys home and he is a bright kid, can readily converse in English ( although he says he cannot) and is computer literate. With those sort of payoffs I would imagine that someone in uniform has upped the quality of his brand of tea!

January 17th, 2006, 14:15
" Three farangs have refused to pay and complained to the police that they had been taken for 80,00, 120,000 and 90,000 baht by the boy's friends respectively."

do you mean they refused to pay and went to the police or they paid up and went to the police ?..it's a bit ambiguous.

January 19th, 2006, 14:15
[i]"
do you mean they refused to pay and went to the police or they paid up and went to the police ?..it's a bit ambiguous.

My aologies, it was a bit ambiguous, I posted in haste and did not re-read it.

From the files I saw at Soi 6 two of the farangs who paid up were staying at leading hotels in the city and it is assumed they did so to avoid a scene at the hotel. It was the following day that they were then contacted by the boys two 'pimps', aged about 21&24 and more money was demanded, on refusing they received threats of violence and they reported the facts to the police no doubt out of fear for their safety.

The third farang initially informed police he has been robbed of 120,000 Baht in the Sunee area after spending time with a boy he has met there earlier. The police visited him at his hotel the following morning and during questioning him in his room asked why he had carried such a large sum of money when the hotel ( again one of the main hotels) provided security boxes in the main lobby.

According to the report the farang then admitted the true facts and was able to produce a small photo of the boy that had been taken at one of the photo booths at Big C earlier on the day of the incident. It was from that picture that the boy who had lived but not worked on the streets in Pattaya for a short period was able to be identified. The farang said the threats he received unless he paid more money were in his opinion not idle threats and truly feared for his safety.

What the current situation is I do not know except that the matter of the underage boy working is now in the hands of the Child Protection Unit at Soi 6 where it is hoped that the farang police working with their Thai collegues may be able to break the scam. From what I read at Soi 6 none of the farangs felt fear of violence fron the boy but certainly felt the boys 'pimps' we more than capable of carrying out their threats.

January 19th, 2006, 14:52
http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 39&start=0 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2139&start=0)

long trail on this topic from the archives but it seems to have lost some opening messages under IGNOR THIS AT YOUR PERIL by Let Me Tell U

January 19th, 2006, 15:06
Maybe that half-farang boy who was the scam bait last year had become too well known, and "they" decided it was time to enlist a new boy for this undignified work.

From what King Kong says it sounds like the two farangs who stayed in high-end hotels should have packed their bags and taken the first taxi out of Pattaya once they had made their first payment to the extortionists. :evil5: :evil5:

January 19th, 2006, 17:27
Emphasizes the importance of watching out for yourself, especially if picking up street trade/freelancers and using short-time rooms as opposed to hotels that holds the boy's id until he leaves.