View Full Version : So, how’s Laos Matt, have arrived all safe and well ??

Nirish guy
January 13th, 2019, 02:37
So, how’s Laos Matt, it was the 12th I think you were due to be there ( or perhaps that was leaving Canada ? So, have you arrived safe and well and looking forward to your new adventures there already.

frequent
January 13th, 2019, 04:17
Can we expect a new Forum - Sawatdee Gay Laos?

cdnmatt
January 13th, 2019, 12:18
Delayed again. Working on getting there asap.

frequent
January 13th, 2019, 13:23
Delayed again. Working on getting there asap.Your tourist visa was issued without a hitch?

cdnmatt
January 13th, 2019, 13:51
No, I'm not mailing my passport to Washington with hopes of it coming back. I have a new 10 year passport, I'll be fine.

frequent
January 13th, 2019, 16:04
Fabulous Matt

Nirish guy
January 13th, 2019, 18:52
Delayed again. Working on getting there asap.

ASAP being equivalent to "yep, your cheque's in the post" I take it :)

cdnmatt
January 13th, 2019, 23:57
ASAP being equivalent to "yep, your cheque's in the post" I take it :)

No idea what the hell he's doing. Granted, I can't really get angry at him, as I've delayed on him twice now -- once when I got jailed and deported to Canada, and once after Leo decided it was a good idea to absolutely destroy my heart. He's delayed on me a couple months now, and this is the second time. I've confirmed with him multiple times he's still on board with the project, but who knows.

Will get one more update out to him tonight or tomorrow, then he has 7 days to pay me out the remaining $20k, or it goes up to $50k, or he terminates the business relationship and loses the deposit. That was the agreement -- buy-in early at $20k, or wait until the new software is done and buy-in at $50k, and the software is about 3 weeks away from being operational.

Once I get this next update out, it's now or never for him. If he cancels, that's fine, as he's just the first of many.

frequent
January 14th, 2019, 04:40
Will get one more update out to him tonight or tomorrow, then he has 7 days to pay me out the remaining $20k, or it goes up to $50k, or he terminates the business relationship and loses the deposit. That was the agreement -- buy-in early at $20k, or wait until the new software is done and buy-in at $50k, and the software is about 3 weeks away from being operational.And you won't be paying any tax on it, either way - not even the 5% GST, or are you exporting the software services, so it's zero-rated? He is one of your Mafia customers isn't he?

cdnmatt
January 14th, 2019, 05:41
I have no idea who the hell he is, and I don't ask. All I know is he's a Pllestinian who grew up in Jordan, and currently owns a financial services company in Cyprus.

That's enough for me to know not to ask any questions. :)

And yeah, I'll be liable for taxes for 2019, but that's it for Canada at least. Not sure about Laos, will ask the guy when I get there.

frequent
January 14th, 2019, 05:45
I have no idea who the hell he is, and I don't ask. All I know is he's a Pllestinian who grew up in Jordan, and currently owns a financial services company in Cyprus. That's enough for me to know not to ask any questions. :) Typical profile of a white collar criminal then
And yeah, I'll be liable for taxes for 2019, but that's it for Canada at least. Not sure about Laos, will ask the guy when I get there.On your current form you'll forget about lodging a Canadian tax return once you're in Laos