PDA

View Full Version : The eve of New Year’s Eve Pattaya

gerefan2
December 31st, 2018, 01:08
Out to dinner with a mate and then to Boyztown. First stop Cupidol, no chance not even standing room.

Managed to get 2 seats in Toyboys but it was packed. Stayed for the usual free drink then left.

Tried Cupidol again..no chance even more packed.

Mate went home so I thought I’d have a look around.

A Bomb...not a soul...didn’t stop.

Next I tried X Boys...few punters but nowt special.

Next Dreamboys...same same..

OK try Cupidol again...still Full

Bollocks Sunny has to be better.

Nice Boys...no beer Singh. That’s me out of there.

I don’t do Power Boys or Eros...so

Winner Boys...totally empty...no boys, no customers... but it was 1150.

OK a few beers at an outdoor bar in Sunee.

Who said Boyztown was dying?

francois
December 31st, 2018, 10:23
I was at Cupidol last night about 9:30 pm and no problem with finding a seat.
There was a birthday party for the farang owner that evening so it was busy and lots of boyz on the stage.

Smiles
December 31st, 2018, 11:05
" ... Winner Boys...totally empty...no boys, no customers... but it was 1150... "
Seeing as how Winner Boys was forlorn, thought you might like to know what happened in other parts of the world in 1150 AD. Certainly much more interesting than a blacked out GoGo bar.

Europe

Cubbie Roo's Castle is built on Wyre, Orkney.
A Benedictine priory is founded at Birkenhead, England, resulting in the first recorded Mersey Ferry. (Ask a Beetle).
Christchurch Priory is founded in Dorset, England.
Castle Rising is built in Norfolk, England by William d'Aubigny, 1st Earl of Arundel.
The University of Paris, now known as the Sorbonne, is founded.
Christian Malone writes his Irish Chronology (Chronicum Scotorum).
The city of Neuruppin is founded in Brandenburg, Germany.
The city of Rinteln is founded in Lower Saxony, Germany.
Middle Dutch begins to be spoken in the Low Countries.
Peter the Lombard publishes Sentences.
Dryburgh Abbey is founded by Hugh de Morville, Constable of Scotland.
The first doctorate degree is awarded in Paris, France.
Battle of Tara: The Byzantine Empire defeats the Serbian Grand Principality and the Kingdom of Hungary.

Middle East

Joscelin II of Edessa is taken prisoner during the Second Crusade.
The city of Ashkelon is fortified with 53 towers, by its Fatimid rulers.
The earliest textual reference is made to Gypsies, working as musicians in Constantinople.

Asia

The temple at Angkor Wat is completed in Khmer (present-day Cambodia).

Daveuk
December 31st, 2018, 11:10
I avoid Christmas / New Year (and Songcran) when timing my trips so this report reinforces my decision. Winner deserted ? Maybe all the boys had been offed ?. It was always busy when I was in Pats 3 weeks ago.

frequent
December 31st, 2018, 11:40
Seeing as how Winner Boys was forlorn, thought you might like to know what happened in other parts of the world in 1150 AD.In view of recent posts by my old chum Double Dutch I feel you've left out one significant trend - the language of Old Dutch began transitioning into Middle Dutch in what is now the Netherlands - https://www.quora.com/The-year-is-1150-AD-What-major-thing-is-happening-in-each-country

gerefan2
December 31st, 2018, 15:24
A Benedictine priory is founded at Birkenhead, England, resulting in the first recorded Mersey Ferry. (Ask a Beetle).

[/LIST][/QUOTE]

A beetle is a car....you know!

Wolzek
January 1st, 2019, 06:10
I was in Winnerboys and it was very crowded. Returned several times and very busy including a few minutes before midnight so can not understand Gerefans comment.

Manforallseasons
January 1st, 2019, 07:28
I was in Winnerboys and it was very crowded. Returned several times and very busy including a few minutes before midnight so can not understand Gerefans comment.

Perhaps the girls were in the powder room checking their makeup?

frequent
January 1st, 2019, 09:07
I was in Winnerboys and it was very crowded. Returned several times and very busy including a few minutes before midnight so can not understand Gerefans comment.gerefan (who is not a pedant you understand; it's a behaviour in others he affects to despise) was referring to Smiles' reference to the Mersey Ferry and "ask a Beetle". As gerefan implies, the Merseyside band was known as the Beatles, whereas a Beetle is the slang name for a Volkswagen car of the same era

gerefan2
January 1st, 2019, 16:56
No, no, no you’ve got it all wrong again as usual freeky.

Wolzek, this thread is about the day before New Years Eve...hence my comments about the empty bar.