PDA

View Full Version : GayThailand is now GayGuides.com

dab69
December 28th, 2018, 20:54
wow Michael took over again.
https://www.gayguides.com/forums/topic/12162-gaythailand-is-now-gayguidescom/

Manforallseasons
December 28th, 2018, 22:09
It is a sign of the times as anything Gay in Bangkok is rapidly dying as Bangkok seemed to be most of the focus with 2 or 3 old timers continuously posting, most members seem to have disappeared hopefully of natural causes such as boredom.

Smiles
December 28th, 2018, 22:10
Sawatdee was always one thousand times more edgy than GayThailand would ever allow. Sawatdee allows wonderful weirdos . . . GayThailand prefers moralizing niceties.
Take your pick.
I sure hope Scottish will come back.

francois
December 29th, 2018, 00:16
Sawatdee was always one thousand times more edgy than GayThailand would ever allow. Sawatdee allows wonderful weirdos . . . GayThailand prefers moralizing niceties.
Take your pick.
I sure hope Scottish will come back.

I prefer niceties to yukies.:devilsh: And very true about the weirdos except they are weird and not wonderful.

dab69
December 29th, 2018, 03:03
Didn't realize Scottish had left. I always enjoyed his posts.

frequent
December 29th, 2018, 04:00
It is a sign of the times as anything Gay in Bangkok is rapidly dying as Bangkok seemed to be most of the focus with 2 or 3 old timers continuously posting, most members seem to have disappeared hopefully of natural causes such as boredom.Pattaya is gogo bars and massage parlours and little else. Living in Bangkok it's possible to have an enjoyable life as a sodomite without going near a gogo bar; Bangkok is so spread out and there are so many opportunities for fun that writing about a specific venue is possibly as meaningless to another Bangkokian as it would be to someone who never visits. The population of Bangkok is thirty times that of Pattaya

There are some sex tourists who visit both Bangkok and Pattaya - a447 and gerefan, for example - and each of them writes a scintillating report on their activities. I find gerefan's reports in particular most entertaining

Maxxy
December 29th, 2018, 04:02
The new format there sucks and have had nothing but problems trying to log in so fuckem, TMax is no longer a member there, I wonder how many other long term members there will have the same troubles with the new format?

Moses
December 29th, 2018, 04:24
The new format there sucks and have had nothing but problems trying to log in so fuckem, TMax is no longer a member there, I wonder how many other long term members there will have the same troubles with the new format?

Oh, I think theme what they have installed is very good. It is modern, it will work great with mobile phones and tablets. Yes, it isn't the same what we are already adapted to see, but it has great chances to be popular.

Maxxy
December 29th, 2018, 04:48
For me it was all about the forums but after the upgrade it was a hassle getting into them and with no luck so I'm done there, I wish them well though. That's 2 forums down, this is the only one left for me now

frequent
December 29th, 2018, 05:24
For me it was all about the forums but after the upgrade it was a hassle getting into them and with no luck so I'm done there, I wish them well though. That's 2 forums down, this is the only one left for me nowAnd the only one worth having

Wolzek
December 29th, 2018, 05:28
It looks awful.

frequent
December 29th, 2018, 05:39
It looks awful.No pansies?

Smiles
December 29th, 2018, 08:42
I prefer niceties to yukies.:devilsh: And very true about the weirdos except they are weird and not wonderful.Yes Francois ... we know you are the epitome of straight and narrow, so please do carry on as a non-weirdo.

francois
December 29th, 2018, 16:55
Smile when you say that, Smiles. :air_kiss:

Chuai-Duai
December 29th, 2018, 17:14
Loads of problems on the older version of Android on my Tablet. Most of the site is covered with large blocks of colour. Had to give up.

gerefan2
December 29th, 2018, 18:02
It seems fine to me!

Smiles
December 29th, 2018, 21:20
Smile when you say that, Smiles. :air_kiss:Is that a threat? Moses, is that a threat? Sounds like a threat.

arsenal
December 29th, 2018, 21:40
I do enjoy your multiple rapid fire postings on various threads Smiles but taken together they can give the impression you've just woken up suddenly from a nap. Haha.

Smiles
December 30th, 2018, 09:34
I do enjoy your multiple rapid fire postings on various threads Smiles but taken together they can give the impression you've just woken up suddenly from a nap. Haha.Like everything else in the Cosmos, I operate in wave motions. :dirol_mini:
Tomorrow I'm napping.

frequent
December 30th, 2018, 09:56
Like everything else in the Cosmos, I operate in wave motions. https://tenor.com/view/queen-elizabeth-wave-royalty-gif-8402952

GWMinUS
December 30th, 2018, 10:17
I also cannot login to both the Site and the Forums.
Says my Name is a duplicate.
But I have always enjoyed both of these Web Site and hope things get worked out on "GayGuides"
La kon krab

kjun12
December 30th, 2018, 10:18
You are correct Francois. Too bad that some can't see this.

kjun12
December 30th, 2018, 10:21
frequent, I always thought you were a gaybutton man.

frequent
December 30th, 2018, 13:47
frequent, I always thought you were a gaybutton man. I've always thought you were a kunt, Marti. Could we both be right?

Doug
December 30th, 2018, 19:08
Can not sign in. So I tried to register but they want too much information...is Michael's real name mark zuckerburg? I gave up...it's not important in my life.

dab69
December 30th, 2018, 22:08
couple resurrections ago they tried to become a dating site with profiles.
had forgotten about that until I logged in today

frequent
December 31st, 2018, 02:24
As I recall the origins of Gay Thailand is Michael announcing to a breathless world via some predecessor of SGT that he'd just spent his first holiday ever in Thailand - two weeks in Pattaya - and he was so head over heels in love with Thailand that he was going to start a web site - and it's been downhill ever since

Wolzek
December 31st, 2018, 05:13
couple resurrections ago they tried to become a dating site with profiles.
had forgotten about that until I logged in today

I had forgotten it too. I only visited the forums.
So now the main attraction of the site is supposed to be loads of inactive profiles last logged in a year ago or so? And guides? I first thought it was some kind of new competitor to siamroads gayguides.

Maxxy
December 31st, 2018, 07:33
Can not sign in. So I tried to register but they want too much information...is Michael's real name mark zuckerburg? I gave up...it's not important in my life.

Haha when I tried to log on and had problems the advice given was to refresh the page twice and it should come good (as it may be a cache problem at my end), no idea why there are 2 options for registering too as a major part of the problem is the two registrations/profiles crap. I wish them well though and I will miss some of the members there

cdnmatt
December 31st, 2018, 07:37
Sounds like they have a real winner as a technical guy on board.

frequent
December 31st, 2018, 08:19
Sounds like they have a real winner as a technical guy on board.Perhaps they will pay you in Bitcoin to support them from Vientiane, Matt

Nirish guy
December 31st, 2018, 08:37
PERHAPS they already are ! Matt did say he was looking for new clients and was going to be on the up and up in the new year so maybe he's way ahead of you there FQ :)

cdnmatt
December 31st, 2018, 08:42
Perhaps they will pay you in Bitcoin to support them from Vientiane, Matt

With what I'm working on, I very highly doubt they can afford me.

frequent
December 31st, 2018, 08:44
PERHAPS they already are ! Matt did say he was looking for new clients and was going to be on the up and up in the new year so maybe he's way ahead of you there FQ :)I understood Matt to say he's looking for new clients for this fabulous new open source "platform" he's developed. Let's hope it's as successful for him as Platform 93/4 at King's Cross Station (http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Platform_Nine_and_Three-Quarters)

frequent
December 31st, 2018, 11:21
With what I'm working on, I very highly doubt they can afford me.Perhaps you could suggest something from this review of equipment Matt - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAG39jKi0lI

Brad the Impala
December 31st, 2018, 18:54
The whole Gay Guides situation is very odd. Seeing comments from Michael about what a small part of the site, and his organisation, the forum is I clicked on Main Site, which has a lot of profiles of guys.

The first two "Verified Profiles" that I looked at, on the front page were last online.......4 and 2 years ago respectively! Trying the "Popular Profiles" the first two profiles that I looked at were both last online 2 years ago. Very popular.

Finally, and purely in the interest of research, I clicked on a couple of handsome smooth twink types in the rolling LIVE! bar at the top. In both cases I was linked to a room where the occupants bore no similarity to the promotional photos! One was a rather overweight and very hairy bear!

gerefan2
December 31st, 2018, 19:55
The whole Gay Guides situation is very odd. Seeing comments from Michael about what a small part of the site, and his organisation, the forum is I clicked on Main Site, which has a lot of profiles of guys.

The first two "Verified Profiles" that I looked at, on the front page were last online.......4 and 2 years ago respectively! Trying the "Popular Profiles" the first two profiles that I looked at were both last online 2 years ago. Very popular.

Same same as in the Gay Romeo / Hornet etc Room on here. There have only been 5 threads in 4 1/2 years.

catawampuscat
January 1st, 2019, 23:36
Give Michael a break. He’s only had the forum a few days. Rome wasn’t built in a day..

frequent
January 2nd, 2019, 08:13
He’s only had the forum a few days. Rome wasn’t built in a day.I couldn't have put it better myself. The Roman forum took decades to build