PDA

View Full Version : Cave rescue...what happened next.

gerefan2
December 26th, 2018, 23:32
Dare I attach a link to a good BBC story about the aftermath of the cave rescue?
Let’s hope there are no hysterics...
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-46538252

cdnmatt
December 27th, 2018, 03:48
No! Apparently, any discussion involving children here immediately means you're a pedophile (deleted)

heh, just kidding. Thanks for the article, and glad to know the kids are well. Sounds like the hill tribe farmers in the area got a nice boost in income as well from all the extra tourism.

Oliver2
December 27th, 2018, 13:35
A brave decision, gerefan2. The extent of the community's support during the rescue was remarkable. And not "creepy".

frequent
December 27th, 2018, 14:12
A brave decision, gerefan2. The extent of the community's support during the rescue was remarkable. And not "creepy".The "community"? I assume you're not talking about us. Lonely Wombat posted incessantly about it, as if the news wasn't being widely reported on every news site in the world, creating new thread after new thread, while various posters responded with "shut the fuck up, Lonely". The moderators tirelessly tidied up again and again, consolidating it all into a single thread as I recall

lonelywombat
December 27th, 2018, 17:00
The "community"? I assume you're not talking about us. Lonely Wombat posted incessantly about it, as if the news wasn't being widely reported on every news site in the world, creating new thread after new thread, while various posters responded with "shut the fuck up, Lonely". The moderators tirelessly tidied up again and again, consolidating it all into a single thread as I recall
FREAK
You have this attitude to anybody that posts near to your 15 posts per day on this site. You get impossibly angry.
You became furious that for those who did not have access to progressive news, it was posted here.
Almost all that read the posts agreed it was informative,up to date and of interest.
All your bitching about posts including links to newspapers, was ignored by you FREAK, cause you see Sawatdee as your
personal plaything.
I would have thought you may, repeat MAY have stopped your posts to magazines, newspapers and to all your HOLY group of magazines for personal info. Indeed it has increased.
You need Sawatdee for your personal input. others can get F*CKED

francois
December 27th, 2018, 17:06
Good post, Wombat; tell it like it is.

Oliver2
December 27th, 2018, 17:28
"The community" which supported the rescue was Thai; it was the local community. There's an excellent video on Youtube which provides more information.

sglad
December 27th, 2018, 17:48
"The community" which supported the rescue was Thai; it was the local community. There's an excellent video on Youtube which provides more information.

Link please, Oliver.

Oliver2
December 27th, 2018, 22:07
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-esjQLvsgTs

frequent
December 28th, 2018, 02:30
FREAK
You have this attitude to anybody that posts near to your 15 posts per day on this site. You get impossibly angry.
You became furious that for those who did not have access to progressive news, it was posted here.
Almost all that read the posts agreed it was informative,up to date and of interest.
All your bitching about posts including links to newspapers, was ignored by you FREAK, cause you see Sawatdee as your
personal plaything.
I would have thought you may, repeat MAY have stopped your posts to magazines, newspapers and to all your HOLY group of magazines for personal info. Indeed it has increased.
You need Sawatdee for your personal input. others can get F*CKEDI think you might be needing a new one of these after that fabulous dummy-spit

frequent
December 28th, 2018, 04:36
No! Apparently, any discussion involving children here immediately means you're a pedophile (deleted)

heh, just kidding. Certainly Elon Musk thought so and is now saying it was a joke

dab69
December 28th, 2018, 10:48
and now Elon is the joke...

frequent
December 29th, 2018, 06:49
The British rescuers have been honoured in Britain's New Year Honours List: Richard Stanton and John Volanthen, who were the first divers to reach the children, have been awarded the George Medal, the second highest civilian gallantry award. Divers Joshua Bratchley, Lance Corporal Connor Roe and Vernon Unsworth, were appointed MBEs for their role in the rescue, while Christopher Jewell and Jason Mallinson have been given the Queen's Gallantry Medal for exemplary acts of bravery - https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-46701985

I look forward to Thailand's New Year Honours List where citizens will be recognised for exemplary acts

In the UK list former Monty Python star Michael Palin was made a knight - https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-46693826