PDA

View Full Version : Nice 2Br 2BA Townhouse Rental SoPattaya 14,000

travelerjim
December 25th, 2018, 15:06
A very nice 2BR 2BA Townhouse rental us available in quiet soi of South Pattaya. Near baht bus...10 Baht bus ride to Jomtien /Dongtan Beach or Boyztown.

Fully furnished ready to occupy. Newly painted inside and out.

REFRESH FITNESS GYM is across street on the corner.
Several good and reasonable restaurants within 10 minute walk.
Mostly retired Expat neighbors on cul de sac street from USA and UK. Several fine Thais too. Small cat or dog OK.

Perfect setting for the retired. 14,000 Monthly
With...this special offer of....
10% Discount with one year lease paid in advance makes for great terms for retiree.

To see please call Thai owner 086-041-8680.

Tj

arsenal
December 25th, 2018, 15:20
Little security and no swimming pool wouldn't be my idea of retirement in paradise.

travelerjim
December 25th, 2018, 15:37
FYI ..
Both the gay Sansuk Sauna and Madame Jim's Baan Suoy Resort are within walking distance. Both have swimming pools and day passes available for expats.
Hotel Zink also short walk with day pass available for pool use.
Quiet neighborhood. Several Thai police families also reside in the Jomtien Nivate home community where this townhouse is located.
Tj

travelerjim
December 25th, 2018, 15:42
Two bathrooms...both with showers.
One upstairs, second bathroom on first floor.
Tj

travelerjim
December 25th, 2018, 15:45
Refresh Fitness Club across street from this townhouse.
Refresh fitness

Pattaya City, Bang Lamung District, Chon Buri 20150

https://g.co/kgs/uUXQTB

cdnmatt
December 25th, 2018, 15:54
They want a year up front? Fuck that.

travelerjim
December 25th, 2018, 15:59
No...you misread...
Its available on a one year lease...
Payable monthly at 14,000 Thai baht.
But IF IF IF one wishes to pay one year in advance they will receive a 10% discount.

Up to You...whichever suits the renter.

Tj

Doug
December 25th, 2018, 17:52
This sounds excellent for 2 frugal expats who are good friends. About 6500 baht per month each with the deal. Are there aircons? Do both bathrooms have showers/hot water? What's the utilities rate? Are there windows/doors front and back for air flow? How good is sound proofing with neighbors?

Smiles
December 25th, 2018, 18:18
This sounds excellent for 2 frugal expats who are good friends. About 6500 baht per month each with the deal. Are there aircons? Do both bathrooms have showers/hot water? What's the utilities rate? Are there windows/doors front and back for air flow? How good is sound proofing with neighbors?This townhouse is very much the same layout as ower's here in Hua Hin (though ower's is wider.)
The two bedrooms both seem to have large windows, so just leaving them open will give you a decent breeze running through the bedrooms.
From the photo one of the 2 bedrooms has aircon, but looks like the other one does not (could be the camera shot is out of range).
If they use the aircon a lot the utilities will be in the 1500-3000 baht range (just a good guess, i.e. in the middle ... I'm not familiar with Pattaya rates). Water is negligible. Satellite TV (True) is -- depending on the plan -- anywhere from 700 ~ 2000 baht. Decent internet is around 700 baht. Normally the renters pay all of that.
The bathroom seems to have been reno'd not too long ago so I am quite sure it has hot water.
Noise? Who knows? It's Pattaya after all.

Brad the Impala
December 26th, 2018, 00:40
Thank you TK for bringing this to posters attention. For those for whom it might be suitable it is useful information, but also for those who are thinking of Pattaya retirement it is is a useful indicator of what you get for your money

Smiles
December 26th, 2018, 01:10
Little security and no swimming pool wouldn't be my idea of retirement in paradise.Arsenal, these townhouses are all over Thailand's middle class expats. They almost never have formal security and never have a communal pool .... thank God.
They are just a long group of townhouses built by contractors years ago and are owned by a normal group of owners who are Thais as well as farang expats. They are everywhere!

PS ... being close to Madame Jim's 'anything' is defintely NOT necessarily a positive.:D

frequent
December 26th, 2018, 09:05
Arsenal, these townhouses are all over Thailand's middle class expats. They almost never have formal security and never have a communal pool .... thank God.Surely you've realised by now that arsenal knows nothing about Thailand - diddly-squat, zilch, nada. He's the epitome of a seagull (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Seagull) - swoops in, makes a lot of noise, shits on everything and then flies away. The other half of that definition from the Urban Dictionary sums up his time as a Moderator - "A critical {person} who makes brief appearances to put on a meaningless but unpleasant display for {members} to try to show they're doing their job"

arsenal
December 26th, 2018, 10:55
Thank you Frequent. It's good of you to take time out from your busy schedule of shuffling around the streets of Bangkok and feeling superior to the waiting staff in chain restaurants to share your thoughts with us.

frequent
December 26th, 2018, 11:21
Thank you Frequent. It's good of you to take time out from your busy schedule of shuffling around the streets of Bangkok and feeling superior to the waiting staff in chain restaurants to share your thoughts with us.Noblesse oblige, dear boy, noblesse oblige

arsenal
December 26th, 2018, 12:28
Of course. Coming soon. Frequent tells us why he is cleverer that the garbage truck workers.

One other thing. Incorrect use of the term. Sorry dear boy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noblesse_oblige

frequent
December 26th, 2018, 12:33
Of course. Coming soon. Frequent tells us why he is cleverer that the garbage truck workers. One other thing. Incorrect use of the term. Sorry dear boy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noblesse_obligeThe magnificent obsession

arsenal
December 26th, 2018, 12:44
Shuffle, shuffle, post, shuffle, shuffle, post etc etc. Keeping busy Frequent?

frequent
December 26th, 2018, 13:02
Shuffle, shuffle, post, shuffle, shuffle, post etc etc. Keeping busy Frequent?I assume "shuffle, shuffle" is a reference by you to my presumed age. I wonder - given that this isn't mostly a Forum for the young - what other members (if they take you seriously at all) think about such ageist comments directed at a member. I of course expect nothing more of you as such comments are merely typical of you, but calling out racism, sexism and now ageism is something I think worth doing. I did after all earlier describe you as a seagull - "swoops in, makes a lot of noise, shits on everything and then leaves", and this sort of comment bears out that description

arsenal
December 26th, 2018, 14:34
Shuffle.

gerefan2
December 26th, 2018, 17:48
They are just a long group of townhouses built by contractors years ago and are owned by a normal group of owners who are Thais as well as farang expats. They are everywhereD

I thought Farangs were only allowed to own a Condo? Sorry for the thread drift frequent.

neddy3
December 26th, 2018, 18:20
Fancy thinking that you have to apologise for bringing a thread back on topic.

Arsenal and frequent seem to enjoy their little spats.

Sometimes I wonder if they are friends who are having a joke at our expense.

lonelywombat
December 26th, 2018, 18:28
I thought Farangs were only allowed to own a Condo? Sorry for the thread drift frequent.

More than half the condo's in Yensabai are owned by farang. Anne has a ruling out[made by herself] that all condo owned by farang MUST be sold to Thais only in future.

gerefan2
December 26th, 2018, 18:57
Why is that lonely? Another way to scam a farang?
Just goes to show that renting is favourite.

cdnmatt
December 26th, 2018, 19:16
No, the law is 51% of condos sold in a building must be Thai owned. There is no other law that I'm aware of.
b

Manforallseasons
December 26th, 2018, 19:38
No, the law is 51% of condos sold in a building must be Thai owned. There is no other law that I'm aware of.
b

A foreigner cannot buy a house outright however, he can set up a company that can own the house as long as a company director is Thai and holds in theory a 51% stake......The whole thing can be a bit dodgy the same method can be used to buy a condo where the only available units are part of the must be 51% owned by Thais rule.

frequent
December 27th, 2018, 02:45
No, the law is 51% of condos sold in a building must be Thai owned.To be precise, the law is that no more than 49% of condo units in a condo building may be owned by a non-Thai. Thais could own 100% if there are no non-Thai purchasers

cdnmatt
December 27th, 2018, 02:49
A foreigner cannot buy a house outright however, he can set up a company that can own the house as long as a company director is Thai and holds in theory a 51% stake......The whole thing can be a bit dodgy the same method can be used to buy a condo where the only available units are part of the must be 51% owned by Thais rule.

That's been proven not to work in the courts many times. Just ask many farangs who have gotten kicked out of their newly built house, and ended up in court with their ex-wife.

The farang can own the house itself, but can't own the land it's built on. He can get a 30 year lease on the land signed by his wife / husband, but even that doesn't usually hold up in court if there's a divorce.

Smiles
December 27th, 2018, 07:04
I thought Farangs were only allowed to own a Condo? Sorry for the thread drift frequent.Quite right Gerefan. I should have written "renters" rather than "owners" in regard to the farangs who live in these townhouses.

aussie_
December 27th, 2018, 09:07
Little security and no swimming pool wouldn't be my idea of retirement in paradise.
Every farang i know that lives in a house in Pattaya has been robbed multiple times. Security is the main issue with these homes. The police living nearby does not help in this city.

cdnmatt
December 27th, 2018, 09:36
Get a couple strong, healthy, 30kg dogs and your security issues magically disappear.

arsenal
December 27th, 2018, 10:14
Or rent a one bedroom apartment at The Vision (Pratamnak Hill) for 1000 baht more complete with swimming pool enjoying a view over the whole city, a gym and 24 hr security. This option includes not moving into that scummy house where a burglary is virtually guaranteed.

gerefan2
December 27th, 2018, 11:36
Every farang i know that lives in a house in Pattaya has been robbed multiple times. Security is the main issue with these homes. The police living nearby does not help in this city.

Is this true? I never realised that....certainly puts one off buying or renting a house.

aussie_
December 27th, 2018, 12:40
Is this true? I never realised that....certainly puts one off buying or renting a house.
Yes, and they all have high fences with locked gates. Maybe if you have cdnmatt's suggested 30KG dogs, electric fence, security cameras etc you might be ok. As much as i would like to live in a house I will stay in a condo with 24 hour security. The dogs as security definitely work. Back in Australia a few years back a friend returned home to find his dog hovering over a freshly bitten off finger near a window forced open by an intended burglar. Nothing was stolen from the house.

cdnmatt
December 27th, 2018, 13:02
Yep, dogs work. I lived in Khon Kaen for 8 years, and I'm sure there were would be thieves wandering around scoping out houses to burglarize. Once they seen my dogs yelling at them though, they probably decided against my house.

catawampuscat
December 27th, 2018, 13:25
A good friend lived in the same little soi as this house and found the barking of dogs in nearby houses very
annoying. He also had a neighbor in the attached houses, who coughed loudly all night and was very noisy.
Attached townhouses have little outdoor space and problems with neighbors can be a big problem.
Tj lives in one of these houses, maybe the one he’s talking about.

gerefan2
December 27th, 2018, 15:16
Yes, and they all have high fences with locked gates.

Does this apply to those gated communities that I have seen on the other side of the railway, or just normal houses in the open?

Whilst pondering the pros and cons of moving permanently to Pattaya I was of the opinion that I only wanted to live full time in a house, as I do at home.

This has certainly opened my eyes. Thanks for posting that information. I look forward to your reply.

cdnmatt
December 27th, 2018, 16:04
I guess I can't speak for Pattaya specifically, but in Khon Kaen at least, yes, all detached houses generally had a decently high cement wall with metal spikes sticking up from them all around the yard, plus a sliding gate in front with metal spikes as well.

Again, dogs work as a great deterrent. There's a reason nearly every Thai household has dogs, and it's not because Thais are dog lovers.

gerefan2
December 27th, 2018, 16:14
Sorry my last post was too vague.

What I am asking is whether you expect to be robbed only if you live outside of a gated community...or are you liable to be robbed in any house inside or outside of these communities?

cdnmatt
December 27th, 2018, 16:18
Again, I can't speak for Pattaya, as there's probably far more criminals there verus Khon Kaen.

However, I had three different houses in Khon Kaen, not once of them was inside a gated community, and not once did I ever have the semblance of a problem or burglary. However, if my avatar is still the same as a couple years ago, just look at that. Those were my security guards, so chance that was a reason I never had an issue.

aussie_
December 27th, 2018, 21:05
Does this apply to those gated communities that I have seen on the other side of the railway, or just normal houses in the open?
Normal houses in the open. The gated communities have better security but i would do more research before committing to anything.

cdnmatt
December 27th, 2018, 22:31
The security guards at those gated communities get paid around 7000/month, and many times just let anyone in. Wouldn't exactly count on them too much for security.

cdnmatt
December 28th, 2018, 01:51
And while on the topic of security, here's why I would suggest never bringing money boys back to your house. That just allows them to scope it out before they decide to burglarize the place.

To each their own, but I know I'll either be getting a separate apartment or will just use curtain motels. I'll be keeping my home and work life separate from my sex life, I know that. I'd recommend doing the same, but again, to each their own.

sglad
December 28th, 2018, 02:02
And while on the topic of security, here's why I would suggest never bringing money boys back to your house. That just allows them to scope it out before they decide to burglarize the place.

Oh dear, why is it always the money-boys who are the bad guys? If you're worried about people scoping out your property, then watch out for the helpers, renovation contractors and repairmen (yours or your neighbours) who are more likely to be in the vicinity for a longer period and be able to follow your movements and habits. More often than not these burglaries are the result of an "inside job".

Smiles
December 28th, 2018, 02:22
We've lived in townhouse here in Hua Hin for 10 years and never once had any break in. About 8 years ago some Thai snake got into 3 townhouses just down the Soi over a few days. He screwed up just about everything so badly he was quickly arrested by a Thai version of Inspector Clouseau and I believe he did time. That's it!

On the other hand, some friends of ours (one farang, living with a Thai guy) left our townhouse group and decided to rent a modern stand-alone house out in the boonies. Nice view I must say .... but they were broken into twice.
After awhile they packed up and went to the USA to live in South Carolina, if you can imagine that. I believe there is a Ku Klux Klan group just down the street.

frequent
December 28th, 2018, 03:10
Oh dear, why is it always the money-boys who are the bad guys? If you're worried about people scoping out your property, then watch out for the helpers, renovation contractors and repairmen (yours or your neighbours) who are more likely to be in the vicinity for a longer period and be able to follow your movements and habits. More often than not these burglaries are the result of an "inside job".Wise words from someone who's lived in Thailand for more than 30 years

travelerjim
December 28th, 2018, 13:28
Thank you Smiles for your sharing your ten years experiences residing in a similar townhouse. As you stated there are many built in Thailand...even more under construction throughout Thailand.

FYI...I have lived in both a condo, house and townhouse in my 12+ years retired in Thailand.

All three have merits...

Condos can be noisy with many reported short term rentals holiday goers partying all night...as reported by many condo owner expats in this forum in past.

Condos are not free from break-ins...
And if one enjoys having a dog or cat as pets are usually prohibited.

Houses and townhouses offer greater freedom in use of space...and can have pets.

I have lived in a condo twice...2+years each time...a house for 3+ years ...and now in a townhouse. I like having our own patio and added space in our TH. Plus my Thai bf and I enjoy the two small dogs.

Our Sophon TV Cable offers 150+ channels...
900 Thai baht for three months.

WiFi is from AIS...200mbps...699 Thai baht monthly. With my 4G phone its 1,099 Thb monthly.

Electric is same as Smiles stated....ranges from 1,000-2,200 monthly based on use of a/c seasonally.

Water 100-300 Thb month...again based on usage and if we have guests staying with us.

We live in the neighborhood of this rental and do not complain of noise nor barking dogs. If anything I like to know when someone is near our home as our dogs and our neighbors tell us.

I always recommend rental vs buying in Thailand. Though my Thai bf and his father do own property.

As an expat we are living as Guests in Thailand. Rules can change. Its a renters paradise. I advise keep ones $$$ in your home country bank.. Enjoy the freedom to change your location for living in Thailand.

Just my two cents...

Tj

travelerjim
December 28th, 2018, 14:27
One more point...FYI..
There are THREE air conditioners in this townhouse rental. Two new ones and one recently serviced.

One in Living Room downstairs is new and larger cooling capacity. The other two serve the two bedrooms...one each.

Hot water is in both showers...one upstairs and one downstairs.

Tj

Smiles
December 28th, 2018, 16:11
One more point...FYI..
There are THREE air conditioners in this townhouse rental. Two new ones and one recently serviced.
One in Living Room downstairs is new and larger cooling capacity. The other two serve the two bedrooms...one each.
Hot water is in both showers...one upstairs and one downstairs. Tj
Yes, I see the 3rd aircon fan sitting there in the blue patio photo. (Very Thai to paint the joint in a horrible blazing blue. Trump does the same thing, spraying faux gold on everything in sight. And worse, thinks it's sophisticated ... as did Louis XIV). The 3rd aircon will raise the electric bill substantially if the renters feel the need to run all three.
The patio ~ that horrible blue ~ seems very small and squeezed in. From the photo there's not much room to sit outside with a mint julep at 4pm. Oh, I see it now ... the owner decided to match the wall colour to the water tank colour, or vice versa! Great idea.

travelerjim
December 28th, 2018, 18:53
In our townhouse never have we had more than one air conditioner on. Usually at bedtime to cool down the bedroom and set at 26c to keep it comfy at night.

The patio is much larger than you think. Plenty of room for patio table with 4 chairs + patio bench ....plants and BBQ. Most in soi park their motorbikes in front of their townhouse. But there is room for a bike in the patio...as we do when away from home.

Tj

travelerjim
January 5th, 2019, 03:21
UPDATE....RENTED...NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Tj

Eddie
January 5th, 2019, 16:46
UPDATE....RENTED...NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Tj

Townhouse go with customer long time?

travelerjim
January 5th, 2019, 18:26
A One year lease was signed for this townhouse ...per owner information.

Manforallseasons
January 5th, 2019, 20:33
Why on earth is anyone still discussing this?

lonelywombat
January 6th, 2019, 09:01
Because of the non Sawatdee Gay Thailand posts that fill this forum ,everybody has given up

kittyboy
January 6th, 2019, 11:52
A One year lease was signed for this townhouse ...per owner information.

Thanks for the information.
I am considering a long term stay in thailand upon my retirment. Updates on pattaya rentals is appreciated. Maybe not appreciated by all the participants of the board.

Manforallseasons
January 6th, 2019, 13:31
Thanks for the information.
I am considering a long term stay in thailand upon my retirment. Updates on pattaya rentals is appreciated. Maybe not appreciated by all the participants of the board.

This forum will not give you much info on rentals if you are truly looking just google rentals Pattaya or BKK or wherever your heart desires.

frequent
January 6th, 2019, 13:41
This forum will not give you much info on rentals if you are truly looking just google rentals Pattaya or BKK or wherever your heart desires.Not much need to go beyond Hipflat (https://www.hipflat.com/) or DD Property (https://www.ddproperty.com/en), frankly. However tips on property security won't be found there and are always useful

kittyboy
January 6th, 2019, 14:07
This forum will not give you much info on rentals if you are truly looking just google rentals Pattaya or BKK or wherever your heart desires.

There is value for me in the previous discussuon. As frequent pointed out discussions about security home security etc. Are valuable information The relatively short time it took to rent the flat MAY indicate something about the rental market. The OP may be a future contact for me if and when i decide on a long term thailand stay. Google searches do not answer all question so your suggestion of "google rentals" is not helpful. I have looked up rentals on google DD etc. For me other perspectives and information as provided by the OP are helpful.

Manforallseasons
January 6th, 2019, 15:57
There is value for me in the previous discussuon. As frequent pointed out discussions about security home security etc. Are valuable information The relatively short time it took to rent the flat MAY indicate something about the rental market. The OP may be a future contact for me if and when i decide on a long term thailand stay. Google searches do not answer all question so your suggestion of "google rentals" is not helpful. I have looked up rentals on google DD etc. For me other perspectives and information as provided by the OP are helpful.

Here is another perspective for you, everyone I know who has lived in a house in Pattaya including the area in the original post has been robbed at least once, one was broken into while my friend was asleep.

kittyboy
January 7th, 2019, 01:14
It is nice to see that you may have come to the belated realization that the suggestion of "google it" does not answer all question and that there may be value in the individual perspective of others.