PDA

View Full Version : New Year is a time for reflection

frequent
December 16th, 2018, 05:35
So I thought it was time to reflect on Matt's favourite scam:

cdnmatt
December 16th, 2018, 07:19
Real nice. Start a thread about me, and include an image. Classy.

frequent
December 16th, 2018, 07:48
Real nice. Start a thread about me, and include an image. Classy.It's not always all about you Matt - this one's about your favourite scam, Bitcoin

Smiles
December 16th, 2018, 08:26
On the other hand, just like any investment one must gauge good luck is based on when the initial purchase was made.
This graph shows that a ton of money was made by anyone who bought bitcoin in January 2013, and then sold everything on January 2018.
The questions for Cdnmatt is when did he buy, and when did he sell ... (if he sold.)

frequent
December 16th, 2018, 08:40
That presupposes that Bitcoin is an investment. Matt's argument all along is that it is not an investment (like gold), it is a currency - the currency of the future, a virtual currency. However, since it's almost impossible to live entirely within a Bitcoin economy, how attractive is it to possess a currency that has such large fluctuations in price whenever you transact with someone who does not use Bitcoin? Bitcoin is no more real than the world of Wonderland that Alice discovers; it's most akin to the Cheshire Cat (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheshire_Cat)

frequent
December 17th, 2018, 02:38
A timely reminder of something that was written a year ago. John McAfee, founder of the anti-virus software company tweeted on 7 December 2017: “Bitcoin now at $16,600.00. Those of you in the old school who believe this is a bubble simply have not understood the new mathematics of the blockchain, or you did not care enough to try. Bubbles are mathematically impossible in this new paradigm. So are corrections and all else”

Last price $3,228.91

Not quite up there with “Well, I speak perfect English” (arsenal) but definitely a morsel to savour

arsenal
December 17th, 2018, 17:28
I am enjoying watch you mentally disintegrate. Not a morsel but a long slow banquet.

frequent
December 18th, 2018, 02:34
I am enjoying watch you mentally disintegrate. Not a morsel but a long slow banquet.Possibly “I am enjoying watching... “ or “I enjoy watching...” but perfect English would not recognise “I am enjoying watch ...”

arsenal
December 18th, 2018, 10:38
"speak"

Not write on a tony ketboard while wayching The Cromes if Grimdelwalf.

Understand? Probably not. Keeping busy?

frequent
December 18th, 2018, 10:40
"speak". Not write on a tony ketboard while wayching The Cromes if Grimdelwalf. Understand? Probably not. Keeping busy?I was waiting for that excuse

arsenal
December 18th, 2018, 10:45
You have nothing to do. Your whole life is waiting. Get used to it.

frequent
December 19th, 2018, 01:23
You have nothing to do. Your whole life is waiting. Get used to it.Obviously it's time to issue another challenge. Last time I took four weeks off from posting. Your Relevance Deprivation Syndrome forced you to fail. How about now? Are you ready to join me in taking four weeks off?

arsenal
December 19th, 2018, 09:09
Freaky's been shopping. :dirol_mini:

frequent
December 19th, 2018, 09:18
Freaky's been shopping. :dirol_mini:You obviously haven’t read The Book http://freakonomics.com/