PDA

View Full Version : Traffic accidents in Thailand: would you like to upsize that?

frequent
December 15th, 2018, 14:17
My friends are well aware of my firm belief that I will be killed in a Bangkok taxi. I try to avoid taxis, especially on the tollways where they can travel at high speed. The World Health Organisation has just published a report stating that Thailand's roads are amongst the most dangerous in Asia - https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/thailands-roads-still-deadliest-asia/

With the wider use of programmes like Youtube and the ubiquity of mobile phones, I'm told there's a large number of taxi drivers who have their phone mounted on their dashboard where they can watch and drive at the same time. And let's not mention drunk-driving

Smiles
December 15th, 2018, 14:37
Unbelievably old news. I noticed the same general numbers in 2002. My old man -- the Thai beside me -- says he recalls the same same in 1988.

(FYI: I'm writing this critique aboard a Tuk Tuk, the driver of which seems to be chewing on something, in earnest).

frequent
December 15th, 2018, 14:57
Unbelievably old news. I noticed the same general numbers in 2002. My old man -- the Thai beside me -- says he recalls the same same in 1988.

(FYI: I'm writing this critique aboard a Tuk Tuk, the driver of which seems to be chewing on something, in earnest).We can all sleep easy in our beds

Smiles
December 15th, 2018, 15:48
We can all sleep easy in our bedsThat was always my intent. Always to help farang in Thailand get through the day/night.

gerefan2
December 15th, 2018, 15:58
My friends are well aware of my firm belief that I will be killed in a Bangkok taxi. I try to avoid taxis, especially on the tollways where they can travel at high speed.

I am sure that some members of the board would be more than willing to contribute to buy you a motor bike.

arsenal
December 15th, 2018, 17:37
Naughty Gerefan. Beep beep.

frequent
December 16th, 2018, 03:00
I am sure that some members of the board would be more than willing to contribute to buy you a motor bike.You can be sure I read with great interest that arsenal gets around Pattaya on a motorcycle

arsenal
December 16th, 2018, 06:52
Beep beep. Out of the way ol' timer Freaky.

frequent
December 16th, 2018, 07:04
Beep beep. Out of the way ol' timer Freaky.Adiuti