PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya vs Patong

damon
December 10th, 2018, 19:03
I’m planning a trip to Thailand right after the Songkran Festival this year. I went to Pattaya once year ago (around 2010) and I have been to Patong a few times since then. I had a great time in Patong but I’m considering whether I should give Pattaya another go this time. I have read several of the recent reports posted here regarding Pattaya (thanks to all the posters!) as it looks like I will find what I’m looking for (chill out but also / mainly sex with Thai gogo twinks...). Surprisingly (?) I did not read much about Patong’s gogo bars scene recently. It seems that I will go ahead with Pattaya, but I’m looking for your preference/ perspective on where I should spend my next vacation in Thailand... Thanks to all.

Manforallseasons
December 10th, 2018, 19:16
If you fancy a gogo boy with a mince Winner gogo in Sunee is for you.

gerefan2
December 10th, 2018, 19:42
Forget Patpong, Pattaya is the place for you.

Oliver2
December 10th, 2018, 22:05
Unless your interest in Phuket is outside Patong- beaches, mountains, island trips and so on- there really is no comparison with what's on offer in Pattaya. Bars, restaurants, guys on social media.....a different league.

Josan
December 10th, 2018, 22:45
No contest. Pattaya is the winner!

damon
December 11th, 2018, 00:03
There seems to be a clear winner indeed! Many thanks to all!

christianpfc
December 19th, 2018, 17:23
For availability of boys, I set the following order based on my experience of visiting all these places:

Pattaya clear winner, Bangkok comes second (problem is the prices), Chiang Mai and Phuket distant thirds (limited choice).

In Phuket there is a further disadvantage of overpriced food and public transport.

MiniMee
December 19th, 2018, 19:04
For availability of boys, I set the following order based on my experience of visiting all these places:

Bangkok clear winner, Phuket comes second (and great prices!), Chiang Mai third and Pattaya distant forth (limited choice, reducing every month).

In Phuket there is a further advantage of fantastic sea food and good public transport now that the SmartBus is in operation. In Shitsville the options are the back of a truck or the back of a mo-cy.

sglad
December 19th, 2018, 19:55
In Phuket there is a further advantage of fantastic sea food and good public transport now that the SmartBus is in operation. In Shitsville the options are the back of a truck or the back of a mo-cy.

Phuket has cleaner air too.

MiniMee
December 19th, 2018, 20:50
.......and cleaner water. Pattaya isn’t known as Shitsville for nothing.

Oliver2
December 19th, 2018, 21:38
if you want clean water and the best beaches, go south to the less-travelled islands. If you are looking for gay life, stay in Pattaya. Its alleged "limited choice" does not take into consideration Hornet, Romeo, Blue'd and so on. It' s more suitable for couples but even then P and I do not feel as comfortable in Patong as in Pattaya.
In the good old days of the 90s, Phuket was the first Thai place I visited after Pattaya and even then, as a single traveller,I was dismayed by its empty bars .Our four visits in the past few years haven't changed my opinion.

gerefan2
December 19th, 2018, 22:40
The original poster is looking looking for...

“(chill out but also / mainly sex with Thai gogo twinks...)”

It’s Pattaya for gogo twinks. No two ways about it!

Forget BKK or CHang Mai or anywhere else, the poster is only going to either Pattya or Phuket.

AsDaRa
December 21st, 2018, 18:45
if you want clean water and the best beaches, go south to the less-travelled islands. If you are looking for gay life, stay in Pattaya. Its alleged "limited choice" does not take into consideration Hornet, Romeo, Blue'd and so on. It' s more suitable for couples but even then P and I do not feel as comfortable in Patong as in Pattaya.
In the good old days of the 90s, Phuket was the first Thai place I visited after Pattaya and even then, as a single traveller,I was dismayed by its empty bars .Our four visits in the past few years haven't changed my opinion.

It is high season now are you sure there is limited choice now? But I understood Jomtien and Sunee are pretty full this high season. Can someone confirm that indeed even in high season there is not much choice now in Pattaya? What is happening?

gerefan2
December 21st, 2018, 19:35
There is plenty of choice in Pattaya, there always is.

damon
April 3rd, 2019, 19:53
Thank you all again for your comments. Pattayaw was a clear winner it seems so I will be going there for a week later this month. I read multiple threads regarding bars and places in Pattaya but I’m still struggling to see exactly where I will find what I’m looking for. As I said in my initial post, when it comes to guys, I’m looking to meeting young (18+) skinny Thai gogo twinks. Sunee was the perfect place to find this type of boys ten years ago (when I last went to Pattaya) but it seems things changed dramatically since then. So what would you guys recommend? Still Sunee? Boyztown? Jomtien complex? Any special bars I should go to?

Many thanks to all!

Oliver2
April 3rd, 2019, 21:49
Boyztown for go-go, Jomtien for host -bars and a more lively atmosphere, Sunee offers a quieter combination of both. And tends to be cheaper.

gerefan2
April 3rd, 2019, 21:51
For what you are looking for...Jomtien, Sunnee, Boyztown in that order!

Any bar in Jomtien.
Nice Boys in Sunee
Toyboyz and Cupidol in BT.

Manforallseasons
April 3rd, 2019, 22:53
Been to Patong years ago and saw no reason to return. I agree with gerfan2 about Nice Boys it seldom disappoints however, if fem twinks are your thing this is not the GoGo for you however, if they are your thing Winner GoGo in Sunee should suffice

goji
April 4th, 2019, 03:46
I’m looking to meeting young (18+) skinny Thai gogo twinks. Sunee was the perfect place to find this type of boys ten years ago (when I last went to Pattaya) but it seems things changed dramatically since then. So what would you guys recommend? Still Sunee? Boyztown? Jomtien complex? Any special bars I should go to?
Many thanks to all!

Winner Boys is good, but not all are skinny and get there early. All male -don't let the monotonous derogatory comments from another member put you off.

Nice Boys are all scruffy, covered in tattoos & mostly with facial hair. If you like that, fine. I don't like it.

You might unearth one or two skinny lads in Power Boys or it might be a dead loss, depending on the night.

More likely good bars are Toy Boys & Cupidol.

After that, try the Jomtien Host bars and all the phone apps

Manforallseasons
April 4th, 2019, 23:36
[QUOTE=goji Nice Boys are all scruffy, covered in tattoos & mostly with facial hair. If you like that, fine. I don't like [/QUOTE]

You must be living in a parallel universe! I was in Nice Boys tonight.....some tattoos....none with facial hair...all good bodies (not the fem skinny ones you like) all with nice cocks on display. Actually, the name should be changed to “Real Boys”.

goji
April 5th, 2019, 05:36
You must be living in a parallel universe! I was in Nice Boys tonight.....some tattoos....none with facial hair...all good bodies (not the fem skinny ones you like) all with nice cocks on display. Actually, the name should be changed to “Real Boys”.
Maybe they have been shaving in the 2 months or so since I went in Nice Boys. Or they have had some staff turnover and got some nicer boys in.
Also, any visitor will find real boys in all of the Sunee bars.

The obvious thing to do would be to try all of the gogo bars.

frequent
April 5th, 2019, 05:39
Maybe they have been shaving in the 2 months or so since I went in Nice Boys.I was immediately reminded of a great line from Selina Meyer in the first episode of the new (and last) series of Veep - "take a dump on the glass ceiling and shave my muff into the sink of the boys’ club"

StevieWonders
April 5th, 2019, 06:05
I was immediately reminded of a great line from Selina Meyer in the first episode of the new (and last) series of Veep - "take a dump on the glass ceiling and shave my muff into the sink of the boys’ club"Disgusting. Where's arsenal when you need a decent Moderator?

loke
May 7th, 2019, 22:05
Bangkok is now number 1 on my list after all the places relocated to Patpong. Best go go shows for sure. Expensive yes. But the boys are very good looking. Pattaya has lost its charm and most places are closing.......

gerefan2
May 8th, 2019, 08:02
Pattaya has lost its charm and most places are closing.......

What do you mean most places are closing? I haven’t heard of any closing in recent months, not even Eros which had a long thread saying it was to close imminently.

Please name them.

goji
May 9th, 2019, 20:52
Bangkok is now number 1 on my list after all the places relocated to Patpong. Best go go shows for sure. Expensive yes. But the boys are very good looking. Pattaya has lost its charm and most places are closing.......

The thread title is Pattaya v Patong.
One would presume that he means Patong Beach Phuket, not Patpong Bangkok. Potential for lots of confusion when both have gay bars.

kittyboy
May 13th, 2019, 08:41

Pattaya clear winner, Bangkok comes second (problem is the prices), Chiang Mai and Phuket distant thirds (limited choice).

In Phuket there is a further disadvantage of overpriced food and public transport.

I will be in LOS this summer - 35 days.. I tend to like BKK for the guys on grindr. My tastes are very broad..20-45, lean bodies, smooth, no or very few tattoos . My experience is when I get to BKK and go on grindr I am very popular. I hook up everyday, have lots of fun.and then I am no longer fresh meat. The grindr contacts are less frequent..and so are the hookups. At this point I go to Patts and hookup on grindr with the locals and most of them seem to be money boys so I start paying.
But it is flattering to be in BKK and have IMHO hot younger guys hitting me up for hookups...sigh..
LOL younger being a relative term. I am 59 almost 60. I did hook up with a 48 year old guy last year while in BKK. What is the old joke..all things considered I would rather hook up with 2 24 year olds than a 48 year old..but I will bang anything under 50 if it looks good enough.

kittyboy
May 13th, 2019, 08:47

Where have the gay bars relocated? I keep reading about patpong2 - where is that?
I thought patpong was all girly bars? I guess I need to be a bit more wide ranging on my nights out in BKK.

Smiles
May 13th, 2019, 11:34
" ... I am 59 almost 60. I did hook up with a 48 year old guy last year while in BKK. ... "I will bang anything under 50 if it looks good enough."My dearest will be 50 in August and still has a very nice ass. Goes to show how resilient Thai Guys can be "down there". (I assume that vast numbers of Members here will excoriate me, shame me, and never reply to anything else I write on this Board. "They can't handle the truth.").

Having said that, you're scaring me Kitty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gowRtivfQdQ

By the way, the word 'resilient' is of quite proper usage regarding Thai Guys who take care of themselves. An excellent meaning in the dictionary: " ... able to recoil or spring back into shape after bending, stretching, or being compressed :dirol_mini:...". Yep, that would be my 50 yr old.

kittyboy
May 13th, 2019, 11:58
My dearest will be 50 in August and still has a very nice ass. Goes to show how resilient Thai Guys can be "down there". (I assume that vast numbers of Members here will excoriate me, shame me, and never reply to anything else I write on this Board. "They can't handle the truth.").

Having said that, you're scaring me Kitty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gowRtivfQdQ

By the way, the word 'resilient' is of quite proper usage regarding Thai Guys who take care of themselves. An excellent meaning in the dictionary: " ... able to recoil or spring back into shape after bending, stretching, or being compressed :dirol_mini:...". Yep, that would be my 50 yr old.

I am on gayromeo checking out the guys prior to my trip.
There are many quite fit thai guys in their 30s and 40s with profiles on gayromeo.
Yum...I am looking forward to my upcoming trip.
I like the ego boost of a fit guy finding me attractive enough to want to have sex with...And as I said...I will have sex with anything under 50 if it is fit.

bkkguy
May 13th, 2019, 17:26
What is the old joke..all things considered I would rather hook up with 2 24 year olds than a 48 year old

the classic old Sophie Tucker joke is:

It was on the occasion of Ernie's eightieth birthday and in honor of the occasion he married a twenty year old girl. And he rang me up the very next day and he said to me "Soph, Soph, I have just married myself a twenty year old girl, what do you think of that". And I said to him "Ernie when I am eighty years old I shall marry myself a twenty year old boy, and let me tell you something Ernie twenty goes into eighty a hell of a lot more than eighty goes into twenty."