PDA

View Full Version : Offing Karaoke Bar Boys in Pattaya

Newbie99
December 9th, 2018, 10:33
Over by Third Road, there are a few bars attended mostly by bar girls, with the main attraction being young Thai boys. The bars generally open after midnight, which makes me wonder if the boys migrate over from Boyztown after those bars peter out.

Anyone ever gone to one of those Karaoke bars and had any success?

frequent
December 9th, 2018, 12:19
Over by Third Road, there are a few bars attended mostly by bar girls, with the main attraction being young Thai boys. The bars generally open after midnight, which makes me wonder if the boys migrate over from Boyztown after those bars peter out.

Anyone ever gone to one of those Karaoke bars and had any success? Would it be possible to use a more accurate description than "young Thai boys"? As far as I am concerned a "young boy" is some one who hasn't reached puberty

gerefan2
December 9th, 2018, 20:48
Let’s nor derail this valuable topic Freak, let’s just assume that was an unfortunate choice of words and leave it at that.

Yes there are many karaoke bars in Pattaya. As well as Third Road they can be found all over.

I have visited many (maybe too many!) over the years. So far I have never found a true gay one.

That being so there are girls in most if not all of them as customers either for a sing along, drink, or pick up.

Consequently the “boys” on stage there appear to me to be only interested in the opposite sex. Most cannot speak English and are subsequently of limited company. I have never been able to successfully off anyone.

Be careful if you spend an evening (morning) in one of these places. The boys go up to the stage every hour or so and you can pick one to come and sit with you...200 Baht. He will expect a drink and a tip. It soon adds up if you are there with your boy of the day and he chooses ones as well...every hour.

So summarise...not worth going to look for a boy...worth it for a carefully organised piss up.

arsenal
December 10th, 2018, 06:58
I have offed boys from karaoke bars before.

If you can build up a relationship with a karaoke bar and the staff you have a chance of offing.

I go to Royal House regularly and only have a beer and I'm always the only farang there. The boys come and say hello and sometimes I stuff 20 baht notes down their pants.

Last trip I had a boy for a drink. 200 baht drink plus 250 baht tip so roughly go go bar prices. I enjoyed some nice fun with this exceptionally handsome boy and happily gave him 300 baht. Next time we'll se what transpires. If you can off one and it goes well then it's likely you'll be able to off others.

Watch this space.

Newbie99
December 10th, 2018, 07:52
By “young”, I mean of legal age, obviously. Otherwise, they couldn’t work in a bar.

frequent
December 10th, 2018, 07:55
By “young”, I mean of legal age, obviously. Otherwise, they couldn’t work in a bar. There's no "obviously" about it. Our enemies constantly attack us as pedophiles and using such language plays right into their hands. Language sets or reinforces perceptions hence the basis for "hate speech"

Blacktouch
December 11th, 2018, 17:51
There's no "obviously" about it. Our enemies constantly attack us as pedophiles and using such language plays right into their hands. Language sets or reinforces perceptions hence the basis for "hate speech"

How about the word "Young legal Thai boys" then?

As in 18 years of age and upwards!

Oliver2
December 11th, 2018, 22:17
The karaoke bars to which Newbie refers are for Thai women. And only women.

colmx
December 12th, 2018, 02:01
The Karaoke bars on Soi Korpai get more gay people than the third road bars.... some bars are staffed by BT staff who go there as their second job once BT finishes

frequent
December 12th, 2018, 02:04
How about the word "Young legal Thai boys" then? As in 18 years of age and upwards!Why use the word "young" at all? Some would argue that even using "boys" is provocative. If you're going to introduce an age limit then at 18 in many countries the person is an adult ie. a man, not a boy. However the "Peter Pan syndrome" is alive and well amongst older gay men, I acknowledge that. But to argue that an adult of 18+ years is a "young boy" is not only a perversion of the English language, it hints at other perversions

Blacktouch
December 12th, 2018, 02:16
Why use the word "young" at all? Some would argue that even using "boys" is provocative. If you're going to introduce an age limit then at 18 in many countries the person is an adult ie. a man, not a boy. However the "Peter Pan syndrome" is alive and well amongst older gay men, I acknowledge that. But to argue that an adult of 18+ years is a "young boy" is not only a perversion of the English language, it hints at other perversions

Point taken Sir!

"Young legal guy" then?

Some like younger guys (18+), and perfer that age group, and therefore uses the word young.

I personally don't see anything wrong using that word.

But I agree using the word boys is a bit outdated now I would say, plus can lead to the wrong thinking. Provocative.

frequent
December 12th, 2018, 02:41
Point taken Sir!

"Young legal guy" then?

Some like younger guys (18+), and perfer that age group, and therefore uses the word young.

I personally don't see anything wrong using that word.

But I agree using the word boys is a bit outdated now I would say, plus can lead to the wrong thinking. Provocative.“Boy” is one of those ambiguous words - a “boyfriend” can be any age, while a white person addressing a black male in the US as “boy” would intend a lower status. “Money boy” equally doesn’t imply illegality as to age. As to age preference, there’s a solid argument that some men who prefer young Asians (of either gender) who look even younger have unresolved sexuality issues - hence Asia as a well-known destination for certain proclivities

gerefan2
December 12th, 2018, 04:44
I did say in post number 3...
“Let’s nor derail this valuable topic Freak, let’s just assume that was an unfortunate choice of words and leave it at that.”.

We are now getting to the stage where we are blowing the original post out of all proportion.

Guys...just leave it ...please.

Newbie99
December 15th, 2018, 07:11
I believe we have one poster who says they have offed a karaoke bar Thai male.

Smiles
December 15th, 2018, 14:53
I believe we have one poster who says they have offed a karaoke bar Thai male.If the karaoke bar is a gay one -- they do exist -- the staff of boys are offable. They will sit with you, surround you, sing with you, (don't go there!). The end-of-night is up to you.
I assume there are gay karaoke bars in Pattaya. From another post on this board apparently there are gay karaoke bars in Saphan Kwai in Bangkok.

arsenal
December 15th, 2018, 17:48
There is/was a gay karaoke bar in Pattaya but I can't remember where it is/was. I do remember it was rather a run down sad place (who's going to copy and paste that along with something snide....place your bets) and had none of the energy of the usual places. I didn't stay long.

I have offed boys from karaoke bars twice. Once from the short-lived place opposite Krazy and once from a place near Tuckom. I have plans to bring karaoke bars into the Arsenal offing stable so I'll let you know how that goes. The decrease of go go bars offering straight boys means I need to have contingency plans in place.

Oliver2
December 16th, 2018, 14:52
There was a place in Day/Night fifteen years or so ago opposite the old hotel.. To avoid disappointment, punters should steer clear of the karoake bars for women in Third Road. The ladyboy- mamasans would not take kindly to gay infiltration.

gerefan2
December 16th, 2018, 19:58
So does anyone know of any gay karaoke bars that are still actually operational in Pattaya??

arsenal
December 19th, 2018, 06:14
Well X-Boys turns into a karaoke bar at 2.00am and it's that same boys there so that's sort of gay.

Nirish guy
December 19th, 2018, 06:30
Not sure if we'd call it offing but I've been in (the same two) Karaoke bars late at night with Thai (mb) friends, who on us all getting drunk and having a good time with the singer / host guys ended up doing the "ok, what one you like" for each of us and the Thai guy had a quick "ok he likes you you want to come back with us" and away we all went and several nights to remember ensued......and of course a suitable tip given to all the next day by me (usually although not always expected / asked for).

So, whilst our nights were as much fun as anything I know a few of the guys weren't that "gay" ( HA Hiliarious considering watching them an hour later mind ! :-) - but my point is they were working there and we're averse to the whole "I like you, so, you want to go with me" conversation - not that many are in Pattaya of course ! :)

gerefan2
December 19th, 2018, 23:15
So does anyone know of any gay karaoke bars that are still actually operational in Pattaya??

I take it that’s a “No” then!

colmx
December 20th, 2018, 00:58
I take it that’s a “No” then!
I was in Chai Karaoke, Jupiter and Aek Karaoke back in September
All are along the same strip on Soi Korpai

I would not consider any of them exclusively gay but they get gay customers
There is also Jacky Karaoke, which is on the last side Soi before Pattaya Tai (South Pattaya rd) meets 3rd Road and one straight across 3rd Road from Sinlapin Issan and a lot of gays go to these too

As NIrish wrote above, I would not go to any of these places looking to secure an Off. Its more the kind of place that you would go with an established guy or a gang of friends to have some fun... Call some of the Karaoke boys down for a few drinks... and if you all click then great!

Certainly there was one Karaoke boy in the Jupiter toilets that took more than a passing interest in my cock!

christianpfc
December 20th, 2018, 09:54
If you can build up a relationship with a karaoke bar and the staff you have a chance of offing.
Karaoke is too late for me anyway, but:

When I can see a boy in underwear on stage in a gogo bar, and for a small fee have a closer inspection, and get him to my room the first time we meet and the chance to have good sex is high enough to make me return to Pattayas gogo-bars again and again,

why would I go to a karaoke to "build up a relationship" (euphemism for spending a lot of time and money in that place) in order to have "a chance of offing"? Unless you go to karaoke anyway, and that is just a side business for you.

sglad
December 20th, 2018, 10:05
When I can see a boy in underwear on stage in a gogo bar, and for a small fee have a closer inspection, and get him to my room the first time we meet and the chance to have good sex is high enough to make me return to Pattayas gogo-bars again and again, why would I go to a karaoke to "build up a relationship" (euphemism for spending a lot of time and money in that place) in order to have "a chance of offing"? Unless you go to karaoke anyway, and that is just a side business for you.

Good point.

arsenal
December 20th, 2018, 10:30
OK. It's not a lot of money Christian. It's 150 baht for a beer and as for a lot of time well if I choose to go there then obviously I want to so it's no hardship.
Also, it's my 'one for the road' drink before I go home so a nice end to the evening.
And it widens my chances of finding good offable boys, so it's all good. In Pattaya for 10/12 days and because I go there so often I'm likely to run out of new boys I want to off. This is a potentially new source because the legendary Arsenal doesn't do apps.

sglad
December 20th, 2018, 10:36
...I go there so often I'm likely to run out of new boys I want to off.

:mocking_mini:

gerefan2
December 20th, 2018, 11:12
I have just read on the gaythailand board that Ting Tong Red has been bought with the intention of turning it into a Karaoke bar...there’s hope yet of a Gay Karaoke Bar in Pattaya then!!

Eddie
December 20th, 2018, 14:00
I have just read on the gaythailand board that Ting Tong Red has been bought with the intention of turning it into a Karaoke bar...there’s hope yet of a Gay Karaoke Bar in Pattaya then!!

A new gay business is always good news but can it survive with Sunee Plaza the way it is?

arsenal
December 21st, 2018, 09:07
Eddie wrote.
"A new gay business is always good news but can it survive with Sunee Plaza the way it is?"

Not if it only wants to appeal to the gay farang 'community'. Yes, if it can attract a more diverse clientele. Groups of Asian tourists, Thai friends, groups of women and staff from the gogo bars after they have closed. It seems that the karaoke bars manage to stay open year after year.

sglad
December 22nd, 2018, 21:04
A new gay business is always good news but can it survive with Sunee Plaza the way it is?

Yes, provided it puts meatloaf and Mont Clair back on the menu. :D

(You're welcome, francois.)