PDA

View Full Version : Sad news that Sky Bar, Sunee is closed.

newalaan2
December 8th, 2018, 23:28
Very sad to learn that Alain's bar in Sunee, Sky Bar, has closed. Not a massive shock as the soi it's on has been getting darker by the year and therefore fewer passing potential customers but still disappointing that another long serving bar, and a fairly sizeable one at 3 shop-units has closed. Always hoped Alain would re-locate round to main sunee soi where the lights are, perhaps next to Diamond at the old 'All Of Me' premises. It would be good if he does decide to open up elsewhere in sunee.

On the Gaythailand forum, a member posted that TingTongRed has a new owner, if that's true and Alain were to re-open on the main soi that would help the area considerably. Still haven't heard much about future of Double Shot/Elephant Plaza. Anyone any current info?

bucknaway
December 9th, 2018, 03:03
I've never heard of that bar. Did it ever promote itself?

francois
December 9th, 2018, 18:56
I do believe, in its past life, Sky Bar was known as Kaos Go-Go.
Located next to All of Me, Two and across from Good Boys.

riverdee
December 9th, 2018, 19:19
Alain such a good host always had time for chat really hope he opens up again

gerefan2
December 9th, 2018, 20:55
I do believe, in its past life, Sky Bar was known as Kaos Go-Go.
Located next to All of Me, Two and across from Good Boys..

Although it is on the same premises as the (in)famous Kaos gogo Bar until it (got) closed down I doubt very much there is any other connection at all.

AsDaRa
December 9th, 2018, 21:23
How is Sunee doing this high season? Pretty busy bars with customers?

Manforallseasons
December 9th, 2018, 21:51
How is Sunee doing this high season? Pretty busy bars with customers?
You will only find a seat in Sunee if you reserve one a month in advance.

gerefan2
December 9th, 2018, 22:25
Or you could take pot luck at All of me, Crazy pu, Come in, Ouds , Memories , Top Man, Uniform bar, Eden bar, Ducs, Ting Tong, Krazy Dragon, to name just a few

francois
December 9th, 2018, 23:09
Or you could take pot luck at All of me, Crazy pu, Come in, Ouds , Memories , Top Man, Uniform bar, Eden bar, Ducs, Ting Tong, Krazy Dragon, to name just a few

Eden Bar has been resurrected under the same name.

gerefan2
December 10th, 2018, 02:56
OK maybe I made a mistake with Eden Bar, but what about. Holiday 2, white night, La cage, Song Kwae cafe, New queens bar, The place to be, El Doradao, Country Club, CU beer bar, Corner Bar, Yaya Bar, need I go on , it’s so depressing.

Blacktouch
December 10th, 2018, 03:30
OK maybe I made a mistake with Eden Bar, but what about. Holiday 2, white night, La cage, Song Kwae cafe, New queens bar, The place to be, El Doradao, Country Club, CU beer bar, Corner Bar, Yaya Bar, need I go on , it’s so depressing.

Corner Bar is still open, now called Double Shot

If that closes, I think Sunee may be finished. Let's hope not. We need to surport the bars.

gerefan2
December 10th, 2018, 03:37
Corner Bar is still open, now called Double Shot

Corner bar and Double shot are two entirely different businesses even though in the same vacated space.

But you are right, it will be interesting to see what happens at the end of high season, if and when, Doubleshot closes.

Blacktouch
December 10th, 2018, 03:40
Corner bar and Double shot are two entirely different businesses even though in the same vacated space.

But you are right, it will be interesting to see what happens at the end of high season, if and when, Doubleshot closes.

I understand your point. Although in the same location, they are entirely two different businesses. Point taken!

francois
December 10th, 2018, 12:45
, Song Kwae cafe, New queens bar, The place to be, El Doradao, Country Club, CU beer bar, Corner Bar, Yaya Bar, need I go on , it’s so depressing.

Corner Bar is now Double Shot Bar. Yes, it is depressing.

Wolzek
December 11th, 2018, 04:37
Corner Bar is now Double Shot Bar. Yes, it is depressing.

Your comment makes no sense since the two posts before yours just clarified the connection between those two bars.

gerefan2
December 11th, 2018, 05:38
Your comment makes no sense since the two posts before yours just clarified the connection between those two bars.

Welcome Wolzec...very good start (if it is a start......) .I can see you will fit in well here.

francois
December 11th, 2018, 10:45

They beat me to it! :mocking_mini:

Doug
December 12th, 2018, 08:35
Anyone have any insight into the effect on the owners of Sunee Plaza. They must have been raking in the rent money during it's heyday but now, with little rent income and abandoned shop-houses deteriorating before their eyes, do they have any plans? Did they ever do anything to promote their asset?

frequent
December 12th, 2018, 08:37
Anyone have any insight into the effect on the owners of Sunee Plaza. They must have been raking in the rent money during it's heyday but now, with little rent income and abandoned shop-houses deteriorating before their eyes, do they have any plans? Did they ever do anything to promote their asset?This Is Thailand. If they start losing income they’ll just double their prices