PDA

View Full Version : New to site - seeking Thailand friends & driver

BigAussieBruce
December 8th, 2018, 09:30
Hi there. I am new to this site.
I am visiting Bangkok and Pattaya (for starters) Early next year.
Please read my profile to see what I am looking for and message or email only if you are interested or want more details.

Smiles
December 8th, 2018, 11:35
" ... Please read my profile to see what I am looking for ... "It would probably help if you provided some kind of link to your profile (wherever that would be), so we could actually read your profile.

frequent
December 8th, 2018, 12:04
It would probably help if you provided some kind of link to your profile (wherever that would be), so we could actually read your profile.It's all there if you just click on his moniker and then choose the About Me tab. Aussie policeman(?) with a weakness for Asian men in uniform. Unfortunately I don't believe the Salvation Army are active in Thailand

Smiles
December 8th, 2018, 13:20
Wow ... thanks for the hint, but I never knew that. My so-called 'profile' is completely empty. This is the first time I've ever peeked in. Nothing in 'About Me'. Apparently I have no 'Friends'. 3 'Infractions' though I don't know what I did. I have 5300 posts ... does that mean anything?
Why would anyone bother with that? Rugby? Bunch of crazed animals.

frequent
December 8th, 2018, 13:51
Rugby? Bunch of crazed animals.All that sodomy in the boarding school dormitories, Smiles

catawampuscat
December 8th, 2018, 16:31
When I first started coming to Pattaya, around the turn of the century, Allan ran this forum in its earliest days.
He would organize a ‘meet and greet’, periodically for posters. I met several other farangs who were looking to
meet new people and formed some long lasting acquaintances.
The last one I went to was monopolized by a grieving farang and was quite depressing. There was ‘no joy in
Mudville’ that day.
It was a good way to meet new people.

Smiles
December 8th, 2018, 17:03
Yes, the one meeting we went to was held in Sunnee. It was quite nice really although GayButton couldn't put the microphone down. There I met Colmx (still posting here, and still with same boyfriend) and TopJohn (a Canadian who rarely posts here and I think lives in Cambodia now).
These meet & greets petered out and I've not heard about anything like those groups for many years now.

PS .... Cat, Allan never 'ran' this message board. His board was named GayPattaya and Sawatdee started getting busy only when his members illegally immigrated to this Board when he shut down GayPattaya.

Marsilius
December 8th, 2018, 17:45
The "meet and greet" that I attended was held at Le Cafe Royale. I see that, like Smiles, I've been a member since 2004 so I guess it was maybe around that date. About 10 people attended, though I don't think any were complete newbies to Thailand (I, for instance, had been visiting 2 or 3 times a year since 1993). The organiser was an English expat who died within a few years after that. I cannot recall his name for sure (it may have been David?) but he was a very helpful chap: for example, even before I'd met him for the first time he sorted out a problem with a hotel booking by going there in person for me while I was in the UK.

Smiles
December 8th, 2018, 21:17
... (it may have been David?) ... .I believe Marsilius that you are thinking of a guy from the boards who's board handle was 'David-in-Pattaya'. He definitely was one of those people who love arranging and hosting such events. He was a tad anal on many topics regarding Thailand and he hyper-posted on any and every board. I think he kind of thought he was some kind granddaddy of Thailand knowledge. It wouldn't surprise me one iota that he would help you out without even knowing you.
He passed away quite some years ago.

We seem to have taken over BigBruces' topic. Sorry mate! Us old fuckers are continually wallowing in the past. Too much ...

Moses
December 8th, 2018, 23:50
Welcome aboard :)

Marsilius
December 9th, 2018, 15:15
Yes, Smiles, you are correct - now that you've reminded me, it was David-in-Pattaya.

catawampuscat
December 9th, 2018, 15:52
Yes, the one meeting we went to was held in Sunnee. It was quite nice really although GayButton couldn't put the microphone down. There I met Colmx (still posting here, and still with same boyfriend) and TopJohn (a Canadian who rarely posts here and I think lives in Cambodia now).
These meet & greets petered out and I've not heard about anything like those groups for many years now.

PS ... Allan never 'ran' this message board. His board was named GayPattaya and Sawatdee started getting busy only when his members illegally immigrated to this Board when he shut down GayPattaya.

Ok, I stand corrected. Allan ran the predecessor forum to this forum.
A ‘meet and greet’ would be a way for bigaussie to make new friends in Pattaya. All it would take was someone
to volunteer to organize, set a date and place. Perhaps, gaybutton might be interested, but without the microphone!

Manforallseasons
December 9th, 2018, 16:47
“Rainmaker” R.I.P. had a meet and greet years ago at Oud’s Cafe in Sunee. I was invited and after I saw what the attendees looked like I went to watch the boys @ Monty’s pool instead....The drinks were paid for by Rainmaker, later I was told those there kept drinking the most expensive drinks the bar could make as well as gorging themselves on free food, none after that day even would offer a drink to “”Rainmaker”.

christianpfc
December 12th, 2018, 20:23
It's all there if you just click on his moniker and then choose the About Me tab. Aussie policeman(?) with a weakness for Asian men in uniform. Unfortunately I don't believe the Salvation Army are active in Thailand
I didn't but I don't see any of the information you posted.The OP is best advised to post it here in the forum.

Bruce_NYC (New York City, former member here) organized some meet-and-greet in Bangkok as well as in Pattaya around 2016/2017, but resonance was low, so discontinued.

francois
December 12th, 2018, 23:00
“Rainmaker” R.I.P. had a meet and greet years ago at Oud’s Cafe in Sunee. I was invited and after I saw what the attendees looked like I went to watch the boys @ Monty’s pool instead....The drinks were paid for by Rainmaker, later I was told those there kept drinking the most expensive drinks the bar could make as well as gorging themselves on free food, none after that day even would offer a drink to “”Rainmaker”.

I believe that was Rainwalker aka Harold. A great guy, RIP.

frequent
December 13th, 2018, 03:56
... I don't see any of the information you posted.You are quite right christian but I have to assume that he has edited his information since my description of him as an Australian policemen with a fetish for Asians in uniform. The second part of my description (the fetish) is pretty much word-for-word what he posted although he didn't describe it as a fetish as far as I recall; the first part is an inference from what he wrote as his occupation: "Public servant (law)"