View Full Version : Bangkok Airways overkill

aot871
December 1st, 2018, 00:03
WAs just looking on bangkok airways webb site for a trip to either chaing mai or to Phnom penh,, while the flight to cm is 1hr 25 and the flight to pp is 1hr 15 there is a vast differance in the price , The cheapest fare to cm return is 2700bht while to pp on a shorter flight is 7190 bht return . To my mind a bit of an over kill on price for bangkok airways

gerefan2
December 1st, 2018, 21:23
Just depends on how full the aircraft is.

Smiles
December 3rd, 2018, 11:34
Just depends on how full the aircraft is.Also in the mix at the Bangkok Airways check-in booth: " ... Is this flight on a Boeing 737-Max? Just wondering ..."

frequent
December 3rd, 2018, 12:33
Also in the mix at the Bangkok Airways check-in booth: " ... Is this flight on a Boeing 737-Max? Just wondering ..."I think that will probably be in the category of "Don't call me Shirley" comments if the pilot's name happens to be Max

Andaman!
December 3rd, 2018, 13:47
Fortunately Bangkok Airways entire fleet in made up with Airbus A319 / A320 and ATR 42 / 72 aircraft. Fortunately it’s Boeing free airline.

frequent
December 3rd, 2018, 14:00
WAs just looking on bangkok airways webb site for a trip to either chaing mai or to Phnom penh,, while the flight to cm is 1hr 25 and the flight to pp is 1hr 15 there is a vast differance in the price , The cheapest fare to cm return is 2700bht while to pp on a shorter flight is 7190 bht return . To my mind a bit of an over kill on price for bangkok airwaysDomestic flights on all Thai airlines for some reason are often cheaper than international ones. Those who are knowledgeable (ie. me) have often flown (cheaply) to Udon Thani and taken the bus from the airport across into Laos than taken the expensive flight from Bangkok to Vientiane. I haven't gone to Laos recently (but looking forward to visiting a member soon to be resident there) so I can't comment on recent prices although for my own curiosity I checked the Air Asia page and found a significant disparity in the cost of flights to Udon vs. Vientiane for the same day

Mind you, keeping your visa status current from the Thai side is always advisable :D

gerefan2
December 3rd, 2018, 17:36
Those who are knowledgeable (ie. me) have often flown (cheaply) to Udon Thani :D

Please tell me “O so clever one”, who was it who said:
“Self praise is no praise”.

colmx
December 4th, 2018, 03:02
There is a 700B Thailand Departure charge and a $25 Cambodian departure charge that needs to be factored in to the cost for the international flight to PP versus the domestic to CM.

These departure taxes are collected on your behalf by the airline and paid to the respective government agencies