View Full Version : The end of Silom Soi 4?

frequent
November 29th, 2018, 13:43
For those who want to keep up with the gossip, the speculation and the rumours, you can do no better than this: https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/weekly-column/2018/11/whats-going-on-at-patpong/

extronaut
December 2nd, 2018, 03:04
Forgive my ignorance of the geography. Only been to Bangkok once (unless you count brief overnight stays I'm between flights).

Silom Soi 4 == Soi Twilight?

Because I managed to find the latter when I was last in Bangkok, in December. Had a great time there.

gerefan2
December 2nd, 2018, 03:24
No, different streets. Soi Twilight is off Suriwongse and Silom Soi 4 is off Silom.
Soi Twilight is the one with the Gogo bars and the other is the one with restaurants and ordinary bars.

dinagam
December 2nd, 2018, 06:04
An extraordinary bar, Jupiter, is in Silom Soi 4, which is worth the entrance fee that comes with the first drink.

frequent
December 2nd, 2018, 07:10
An extraordinary bar, Jupiter, is in Silom Soi 4, which is worth the entrance fee that comes with the first drink.Provided you understand that the boys who choose to work there do so in the knowledge that it’s largely Asian4Asian. That’s not to say they won’t go with non-Asians but if they wanted non-Asian sex they’d be working in Soi Twilight

frequent
December 2nd, 2018, 07:12
Forgive my ignorance of the geography. Only been to Bangkok once (unless you count brief overnight stays I'm between flights).

Silom Soi 4 == Soi Twilight?

Because I managed to find the latter when I was last in Bangkok, in December. Had a great time there.There’s a wonderful tool on the Interweb called “Google Maps” you may find helpful

Patanawet
December 2nd, 2018, 13:50
the other is the one with restaurants and ordinary bars.

Hardly 'ordinary'.

Patanawet
December 2nd, 2018, 13:52
Provided you understand that the boys who choose to work there do so in the knowledge that it’s largely Asian4Asian. That’s not to say they won’t go with non-Asians but if they wanted non-Asian sex they’d be working in Soi Twilight

The Asians they prefer are Asian women of which there are plenty in the bar.

Patanawet
December 2nd, 2018, 13:55
For those who want to keep up with the gossip, the speculation and the rumours, you can do no better than this: https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/weekly-column/2018/11/whats-going-on-at-patpong/

There are factual inaccuracies in this Stickman blog so I wonder how much of it is accurate.
I ask is this the original Stickman returned or a replacement?

frequent
December 2nd, 2018, 14:25
There are factual inaccuracies in this Stickman blog so I wonder how much of it is accurate.
I ask is this the original Stickman returned or a replacement?Not sure but the restaurant mentioned is Spanish on 4 and the price was indeed a million baht. What inaccuracies have you detected?

BonTong
December 2nd, 2018, 17:22
Stickman describes the potential area as: "from the top of Silom Road, all the way down to Bangkok Christian Hospital. And presumably from Suriwong Road across to Silom Road."[SIC]

This would also take in Soi 2 as well as Soi 4, not to mention Screwboy, and any other bars relocating from soi Twilight. The end of the Bangkok scene for foreigners as we know it? Well, when something is already dying perhaps best to put it out of its misery?

Chuckled when I read the 3 year lease bit. They won't be 3 year leases but 3 years less one or two days; this is to avoid the lease being registered on the Chanute which is mandatory for leases of 3 years or more. In any case, that area is totally controlled by the mafia, if they want you out your 3 year lease could become a one day lease overnight.

sglad
December 2nd, 2018, 17:41
Provided you understand that the boys who choose to work there do so in the knowledge that it’s largely Asian4Asian. That’s not to say they won’t go with non-Asians but if they wanted non-Asian sex they’d be working in Soi Twilight

Rubbish. They want money and they'll go with anyone willing to pay the rates they set. If they wanted sex of any kind they'd be home fucking their wives or girlfriends. And if you've ever been to Thailand, you'll know that Soi Twilight is filled with Asian customers.

llz
December 3rd, 2018, 02:24
There’s a wonderful tool on the Interweb called “Google Maps” you may find helpful

Google Maps does not show Soi Twilight ; even if shown, the soi would probably not be designated as Soi Twilight as this not an official name.

Asking for this clarification on a gay Thailand website is obviously the only way a newbie can get the information.

frequent
December 3rd, 2018, 02:44
Google Maps does not show Soi Twilight ; even if shown, the soi would probably not be designated as Soi Twilight as this not an official name.

Asking for this clarification on a gay Thailand website is obviously the only way a newbie can get the information.It doesn't show a Soi called Twilight, but the area in Google Maps quite clearly includes a number of the bars such as Hotmale Bar, Maxis, Bangkok Massage and Future Boys

gerefan2
December 3rd, 2018, 06:09

Asking for this clarification on a gay Thailand website is obviously the only way a newbie can get the information.

Excellent point, well made.

justaguy
December 4th, 2018, 00:02
Not sure but the restaurant mentioned is Spanish on 4 and the price was indeed a million baht. What inaccuracies have you detected?

He tries to make us believe that Dusit thani is disappearing, it is not, it is getting rebuild on the same site. I think this article is bollocks, from the top of silom to the Christian hospital ? that is a major plot of land.

rexton
December 5th, 2018, 07:26
It doesn't show a Soi called Twilight, but the area in Google Maps quite clearly includes a number of the bars such as Hotmale Bar, Maxis, Bangkok Massage and Future Boys

Frequent, you come across as an embattled old Queen thinking that everyone should recognise your jurisdiction. ... and shouldn't need any guidance to it...

frequent
December 5th, 2018, 08:29
Frequent, you come across as an embattled old Queen thinking that everyone should recognise your jurisdiction. ... and shouldn't need any guidance to it..."embattled" or "embittered"? Either way, relying on a few words to determine someone's character is a game everyone can play (and do, on SGT). However having people who can't Search or use a Maps tool rather confirms my view that smart phones are way, way smarter than many of their users

justaguy
December 5th, 2018, 12:39
"embattled" or "embittered"? Either way, relying on a few words to determine someone's character is a game everyone can play (and do, on SGT). However having people who can't Search or use a Maps tool rather confirms my view that smart phones are way, way smarter than many of their users

smart phones aren't really all that smart, marketing at work, the public at large buys it. Some spend north of 700 euro every two years, hilarious.

gerefan2
December 5th, 2018, 18:43
"Either way, relying on a few words to determine someone's character is a game everyone can play

I was once taught that first impressions last longest AND are invariably correct...

frequent
December 6th, 2018, 08:07
I was once taught that first impressions last longest AND are invariably correct...I wondered why you're so odd - that explains it