PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya Aujourd'hui

dinagam
November 22nd, 2018, 19:51
Loy Krathong at Jomtian Beach : a rather wet affair.

It started raining heavily after 5pm. Now the sky is clear for a celebration by the beach.
The corner in front of the police kiosk is flooded, just the usual inconvenience.

Manforallseasons
November 22nd, 2018, 20:23
I am happy I slept through it.

dab69
November 22nd, 2018, 22:38
I am happy I slept through it.

muddy water on your socks/sandals- icky

sglad
November 30th, 2018, 05:17
Thanks for the pics, dinagam.

Those are some of the ugliest kratongs that I've ever seen. Well, one thing about Pattaya is that it's consistent.

scottish-guy
November 30th, 2018, 11:42
A lot of Tartan on the stage!

dinagam
January 9th, 2019, 15:17
Lately the sea water at Dongtan Beach has been crystal clear. I witnessed the greatest concentration of falang tourists together with Asians and local Thais.
I hope the following pics will entice SG to come out of hibernation. We miss you.

Oliver2
January 9th, 2019, 15:29
Thanks for that dinagram. Fear not, P. and I will be walking those beaches a fortnight from now...and you're correct, I've never seen the water so clear.

Nirish guy
January 9th, 2019, 15:47
I've never seen the water so clear.

I guess as members are reporting that Pattaya is quieter than usual that might make sense as less visitors so less piss, shit and condoms all being dumped and pumped into the sea !

I highly doubt that it's any new special treatments or laws that the Pattaya authorities have implemented in terms of new environmental clean up rules that have helped with that.

Dont worry I'm sure as visitor numbers go up again the amount of used condoms floating past ones face as you go for a dip will rise in an exponential manner again.

dinagam
January 9th, 2019, 17:39
The municipal contractors do come over on a regular basis to clean up the beach, especially after a severe storm. The chair consessioners only mind their little plots, but rubbish in general and those brought in by the storm are cleared by the workers coming with their trucks and tractors. The next day all will be fine again.
Looking at the sea in September one could not imagine how clear the water is in December.
Have a good swim.

gerefan2
January 9th, 2019, 17:47
A rare sight indeed...

Brad the Impala
January 10th, 2019, 00:02
Have the sewage pipes been relocated now? Or is it just a temporary improvement?

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1039099-na-jomtien-foot-dragging-means-beach-sewage-spills-to-continue/

Nirish guy
January 10th, 2019, 00:17
Exacctly Brad - it's not the beach that needs cleaned ( so much) perhaps but the actual water itself from all the shit (quite literally) and used condoms etc that is pumped into it.

There should be public health notices posted along the beach to advise you that you're talking your life in your hands swimming in it based on wat I used to see floating past me when I was foolish enough to enter the water there!

neddy3
January 10th, 2019, 10:19
When exactly was that?

Oliver2
January 10th, 2019, 14:33
It was certainly true when I last swam at Jomtien.....in 1999. I can't pretend that I'm persuaded to do so even now but can't we celebrate obvious improvements in water quality? Is good news from Pattaya so unwelcome?

Brad the Impala
January 10th, 2019, 15:17
When exactly was that?

The date is in the article, May 2018, although untreated sewage disposal directly into the sea has been happening for a long time. Just google "sewage pattaya or Jomtien"

dinagam
February 3rd, 2019, 20:03
Sadly Pattaya has not been spared the haze and aerial contamination affecting Thailand of late. From my favourite perch at Dongtan Beach I despair at the sights in the horizon, no more blue skies of Christmas and the new year. The sea water is no longer crystal clear but the hordes of tourists are just as content.
Never before had I noted so many sagging and very hairy man boobs. And the gay falang of all ages from athletic couples to octogenarians shuffling around are out and about. The gay flags at Dongtan Beach are really flying proud.
Although the water in the sea is not as good as a couple of months ago, I am yet to come across a floating condom or anything similar, and I have to state that I have my swimming goggles all the time.
Maybe this has been mentioned before, the Elysium bar next to the Sun bar is closed. The RR bar has a few shirtless and fun guys on duty. This time I notice a lot of falang sitting in groups of three or more with wife or female friends in the gay bars.
There is an old falang with a metal detector doing the rounds of the beach.
And there is also a practically naked geriatric sunning himself every day.
Enjoy the pics in no particular order.

Oliver2
February 3rd, 2019, 22:27
After blues skies for days, our last few days saw gey(ish) ones. Flying to Laos a couple of weeks previously , we had an unrivalled view of the haze that disfigures Bangkok- and of the clear skies once we'd climbed above it.

Daveuk
February 8th, 2019, 22:47
Thanks dinagam for your pictures. I’m hoping to be back in about a month for a 3 week visit. I’m looking forward to leaving the gloom wet and cold of February in England for the blue sea and sky of Jomtien, even though I’m told that the air quality there is not good, although far better than in BKK.
Over the years I’ve swam in the sea at Jomtien, usually from the gay beach and have not so far come to harm. I take the precaution of using goggles and avoiding putting my head under water, but that does not lead to a good swimming stroke. Maybe Koh Larn is cleaner but maybe not, in view of the substantial development and influx of visitors which I have seen since I started coming to Pats nearly 20 years ago. I try to make one visit to Koh Larn each trip with my boyfriend du jour and make for the Monkey Beach about a mile from the village where the boats arrive.

dinagam
March 25th, 2019, 23:52
I can feel the chill in the stillness of the night that the weather has taken a sudden change with cloudy skies and steady wind blowing from the sea, a welcoming change from the hot days in Bangkok these last few days. Perhaps a sign of a good future for Thailand after the recent elections. Hopefully the value of the baht will make visiting the country a joyous occasion for the tourists.

dinagam
March 27th, 2019, 02:05
A new bar is opening tonight 27 March 2019 in Sunee Plaza. Not the official opening, but the Thai owner(manager) Mr Guy, who was doing some finishing touches to the bright interior was keen to start off on Wednesday evening.
It's going to be a drinking bar with Thai music playing from a music machine, with opening hours from 10pm to 5am. Employees are not going to be offable, perhaps for the time being. It's location is next to Diamond bar, which was quite busy yesterday evening.

Nirish guy
March 27th, 2019, 02:12
with Thai music playing from a music machine.... Employees are not going to be offable.

I feel my interest waning already :-(

Still as I doubt that I'm the owners preferred target market I wish him all the best with his new venture none the less.

Manforallseasons
March 27th, 2019, 06:56
Interesting concept, I wonder who they expect their customers will be.

latintopxxx
March 27th, 2019, 07:47
I dont understand....no offable types at all??????????

frequent
March 27th, 2019, 09:10
I dont understand....no offable types at all??????????Even in New Zealand I suspect that "employees are not going to be offable" is not the same as "no offable types"

dinagam
March 27th, 2019, 23:34
Hot Tuna Bar in Walking Street is a welcoming change from the hot twinks and ruffians in Sunee Plaza.
Good loud music and cheap drinks in an atmosphere filled with pussy aromas and cigarette smoke.
Quite a talented five piece band with a pair of strong vocalists.
Take a nostalgic route to a Highway to heaven, Hotel California and other rock ballads such as You want to take me home tonight?

lonelywombat
March 28th, 2019, 17:46
Even in New Zealand I suspect that "employees are not going to be offable" is not the same as "no offable types"

Another English lesson from a man who has never been to Thailand or Pattaya

dinagam
March 29th, 2019, 12:50
Update on enjoy bar Sunee Plaza :

Yesterday evening I entered through the glass door to an empty room. Everything was there except for staff. The 35 year old owner will be getting Isaan boys as waiters, and there will also be a dj to spin popular music. The bar is trying to draw customers from immediate neighbourhood, meaning after work bar boys who don't have to go far to enjoy themselves in an enclosed bar.
Not able to upload photos.

frequent
March 29th, 2019, 14:28
Update on enjoy bar Sunee Plaza This is the new bar you mentioned but did not name on the second page of this thread - it's called Enjoy Bar? I must remember to work that into the stories our Forum Living Treasure says I make up about "Thailand and Pattaya"

dinagam
March 29th, 2019, 15:05
I frequently post pictures in my stories as you can see in post #20. The top pic says it all in bright colours.

francois
March 29th, 2019, 18:22
This is the new bar you mentioned but did not name on the second page of this thread - it's called Enjoy Bar? I must remember to work that into the stories our Forum Living Treasure says I make up about "Thailand and Pattaya"

Yes, Enjoy Bar as evidenced by the three signs in the photos.

sglad
March 30th, 2019, 00:03
Maybe this has been mentioned before, the Elysium bar next to the Sun bar is closed. The RR bar has a few shirtless and fun guys on duty. This time I notice a lot of falang sitting in groups of three or more with wife or female friends in the gay bars.

dinagay, where are the bars in your first two pics located?

dinagam
March 30th, 2019, 11:04
sglay,

If you are referring to post #16,the top pic is the RR bar located between the Venue and @Home bar, and the second pic is the Sun bar, viewed from Your bar . Alas the boys at RR bar had their shirts on when I passed by a few days ago.

dinagam
May 21st, 2019, 12:53
Les petits moineaux de Pattaya.

The Good Boudha has blessed us with a stretch of three days of splendid weather at Dongtan Beach since last Friday, with generally clear skies and gentle breeze coming from the sea. The tourist number is down unlike earlier this year, and I am not missing the constant chattering of the French and Italians, or squaks from the numerous old German Gays by the beach.
The 10:30pm show at Dreamboy was simply about big cocks, about a dozen of men making the excuse to display their distended organs in various guises. I found the Japanese onsen scene where half a dozen men washing up in wooden tubs to a sexy Japanese male voice ballade, to be most alluring. The house Boys were just ordinary and the running of the bar went smoothly. Soft drinks at 220b.
As is customery on every visit to Pattaya, I caught up with the shows at Castro and The Venue show bars, enjoying the cosy set up, as well as the music, choreography and costumes. The stages at both bars were big enough to accommodate leader and about four to six dancers, enough space for them to do smooth soutenu turns, small pas de chats, to finish in attitude poses or full arabesque. The dancers can be considered to be talented and agile. However a few of them were simply scrawny, the skin on bone variety. And one male lipsync lead had two missing upper premolars that caused his smile to disappear into the face. Both places were half full and the patrons were less generous with the tips as in December / January last.
Yesterday evening I spent about an hour at Power Boys, five customers and no off. There were about eight scrawny lads, and with the bar being devoid of the wall mirrors, it posed a disadvantage to both boys and customers. How do they survive? I could throw scraps of food the birds at Dongtan Beach and watch the pigeons scrambling first before the sparrows. At the end of the day somehow all will be fed. But the sparrow-chested boys of Pattaya will need a comprehensive rehabilitation.

Manforallseasons
May 21st, 2019, 14:27
Dinagam I agree that Power Boys is awful but having said that how could you spend an hour there?

arsenal
May 21st, 2019, 15:27
Down to Alexa Beach Club for a strawberry fruitshake. A stunning place with an infinity pool. Fruitshake was 150 baht. Use of the pool and one of the day beds requires a spend of 2000 baht. This is actually quite easy looking at the menu and considering the standard of this place, not unreasonable.

NB. All prices have vat and service charge added so the actual price I paid was 200 baht.

dinagam
May 21st, 2019, 15:37
MFAS, it was #12 that made it quite enjoyable for me. A small but healthy with lively eyes of a sparrow just out of school. The love of playing football bestowed him with a lovely pair of strong legs, almost twice the size of his emaciated contemporaries on stage . Still new to Pattaya (one week) and yet to have his first off, still the shy type. It was good company in a bar setting, but I felt uncomfortable to take someone half my size home. Since the taking for the boys was practically zero, I sent out a staff to fetch a few big bottles of beer to quench their thirst, calling them over for a quick look and a 20b tip.
During a previous visit to Nice Boys, I also met with a small guy who actively played football, hence the strong legs and tight small muscles.

dinagam
May 21st, 2019, 15:44
Such classy pics arsenal.
I've hit the limit of the quota for posting pics for a senior member.

gerefan2
May 21st, 2019, 20:45
Arsenal
Am I right in believing you are saying a minimum spend 2000 Bt if you want to swim, or you can just visit and have a few drinks for 200 Bt each?

arsenal
May 21st, 2019, 21:18
That's correct gerefan2. It was however made clear to me that as it's low season the pool and day bed are mine for 1000 baht spend if I asked for it. A couple of drinks and a decent meal and you're there.

gerefan2
May 21st, 2019, 22:21
I’m in Patts in a few weeks so I may give it a go. Thanks

arsenal
May 22nd, 2019, 00:03
That Pattaya veteran and never not beautiful old warhorse Leila has pitched up at the bar next to @Home Bar in Jomtien. The three ex-Nice Boys boys have moved across the soi. Mmm.

Manforallseasons
May 22nd, 2019, 00:26
The three ex-Nice Boys boys have moved across the soi. Mmm.

???

dinagam
May 22nd, 2019, 14:10
After quite a long stretch of clear skies today's early morning rain has brought back the stifling humidity.
Last evening session at Nice Boys was an eye opener.
A youngish middle aged falang who looked like a rugby player sat about one metre from me and was holding court as soon as he entered. Soon after sitting down, one after another paid hommage to him and was promptly rewarded with two 20b notes. He systematically inspected the offerings and took a whiff from the exposed jewels, in various stages of erection. His demeanour was akin to an expert 'nose' at the perfumer. After having inspected about a dozen boys, he left satisfied, without offing anyone.
I searched high and low for the clove and bamboo shoot specimen of a previous visit but they were not around, and was I glad to have #10 seated next to me, a rather athletic 19 year old from Korat. I was probably having a Mae West moment that a young man was terribly excited to see me, that caused his beans to spill over not long after I touched him. He's definitely on the list of potential offs. On the whole the place maintained the vibrancy it's famous for.

arsenal
May 22nd, 2019, 16:10
Down to Terminal 21, the new mega shopping mall. Rather gorgeous and with about a million food outlets it's definitely worth a visit.

Oliver2
May 22nd, 2019, 18:23
It certainly is. It seems to have taken a fair number of Chinese visitors from Central, or so it appeared when we were last there three months ago.
I prefer its restaurant choice. Not just the sheer number of places but the fact that it has more restaurants offering Thai cuisine or variants thereof. We'll be checking it again in a couple of weeks, though Big C (Pattaya 2nd) remains my preference. More "Thai", fewer foreigners. Limited eating though. It attracts Thai families and makes the children very welcome....I like that.

arsenal
May 22nd, 2019, 21:24
There's about 20 boys on stage in Dreamboys tonight.

arsenal
May 24th, 2019, 00:03
Royal House no longer does Karaoke. I'm disappointed as it was often my final gropery on my way home.

Loving the special needs boy working at the petrol station just over the lights at the end of Jomtien Beach and his obvious delight at having something to do. His joy is the perfect send off as I set off on the motorbike.

Also loving the 'deranged' falang who disco dances his way up and down Boyztown.

gerefan2
May 24th, 2019, 02:19
. 1.Royal House no longer does Karaoke. I'm disappointed as it was often my final gropery on my way home.

2. Also loving the 'deranged' falang who disco dances his way up and down Boyztown.

1. Have you tried the “new” karaoke bar in Sunee for your final late night fling?

2. Frequent back from Houston?

gerefan2
May 24th, 2019, 02:24
That Pattaya veteran and never not beautiful old warhorse Leila has pitched up at the bar next to @Home Bar in Jomtien.

Air Raid Warning RED.

frequent
May 24th, 2019, 04:14
2. Frequent back from Houston?As you very well know gerefan2, lonelywombat has said on a number of occasions that I have never been to Thailand or Pattaya. Are you calling lonelywombat a liar?

joe552
May 24th, 2019, 06:41
Aren't those mega shopping malls considered one of Dante's 7 stages of hell?

a447
May 24th, 2019, 06:53
Aren't those mega shopping malls considered one of Dante's 7 stages of hell?

Only by those who don't have a credit card! Lol

arsenal
May 24th, 2019, 10:45
I took a look gerefan2. No boys and no customers. Just the owner (I think) sitting at the bar.

francois
May 24th, 2019, 11:57
1. Have you tried the “new” karaoke bar in Sunee for your final late night fling?

Are you referring to Enjoy Music Bar? As I understand it is not a karaoke, just a music bar, whatever that may mean. No customers.

arsenal
May 24th, 2019, 16:19
It's the Pattaya international fireworks comperition tonight so Beach Road and Pratamnak Hill are likely to be heaving with people.

gerefan2
May 24th, 2019, 19:08
Are you referring to Enjoy Music Bar? As I understand it is not a karaoke, just a music bar, whatever that may mean. No customers.

Yes thats the name.

arsenal
May 24th, 2019, 22:21
Watched from my hotel room in the company of a stunning naked boy *** offed from....Definitely one of the highlights of this trip.
*** Picture not shown.

dinagam
May 25th, 2019, 08:17
Watched from my hotel room in the company of a stunning naked boy *** offed from....Definitely one of the highlights of this trip.
*** Picture not shown.

Undoubtedly the shaky pictures tell it all about the off.

joe552
May 26th, 2019, 20:07
I find fireworks really boring. I'll have to take a leaf from arsenal's book.

arsenal
May 26th, 2019, 21:45
Those fucking old miseries have once again told the bars of Boyztown to remove the tables and chairs from the 'road' area.

arsenal
May 26th, 2019, 22:16
Judging by the line-up the boys of A-Bomb have moved to Dreamboys.

arsenal
May 30th, 2019, 09:57
Singing in the Rain. Thai style.

dinagam
May 30th, 2019, 20:04
Is that the view of Sun bar from the high terrace of @Home bar? I like the orange glow especially on a wet evening.

sglad
May 31st, 2019, 01:07
I like the orange glow especially on a wet evening.

Ever thought of moving to the White House?

arsenal
June 1st, 2019, 09:44
Diagram. Yes.

A great trip to Pattaya on Sea. Good weather mostly and the thunderstorms are always fun. Enough great boys to keep me satisfied with a mix of new and past revisited.

Stopped by the police a couple of times for no helmet. Gone is the unpleasantness of yesteryear when the policenan would behave like a Gestapo officer snatching the keys and marching up and down. It's all very amiable with smiles and general chatty chat. At Sattahip police station I even got a discount and was only fined 300 baht instead of 400. Loyalty bonus perhaps.

There s fun and boys to be had everywhere and Jomtien Complex now has quite a few straight boys and they too provided excellent service.

In some ways low season is better than high season. Quiet restaurants, fewer tourists, empty hotels and boys very willing to be offed, even from the new Goodboys where I took 2 and was delighted.

So long Pattaya. Until next time.

Oliver2
June 1st, 2019, 15:49
Low season is always better than high season in my view. Easier to get seats at our favourite restaurants, better hotel deals (sometimes even flights) a more reserved, quieter and older of course, clientele, less likely that our ears will be assaulted by raucous karaoke or thumping sub-woofers in the soi outside....and the same number of handsome and friendly guys everywhere I look.
Of course, there can be weather problems but I've been here over two weeks -Bangkok, Krabi and now Pattaya- and have only experienced rain once. That's the usual pattern in my experience for June, though October can be iffy.

gerefan2
June 2nd, 2019, 01:30
Low season has everything to be said for it. I just wish the dreadful
European weather, when I stay 3 months, was low season...

dinagam
August 30th, 2019, 16:53
Ah ! The raging waters
As the wind carries the waves with fury
And with each ebb and flow of the rivulets
Stirring the sands tossing hither and thither endlessly
Those poor little creatures that are scurrying underneath the frothing waves
To give notice to the forlorn looks on the faces of visitors from far and near

Sorry for the indulgence.
Someone is hoping that the sun will shine brightly in a few days...

dinagam
August 31st, 2019, 11:42
Three nights ago I was at the show at Dreamboy Pattaya which started en punto @22:20pm, a rare occurance in Thailand.
Twelve males did all the moves that they could muster, except for the penetrative acts. The macho dozen supplemented the ordinary house boys. The bar was quite busy with many falang customers. The highlight of the show was probably the act of suspending what looked like three litres of fluid in plastic bottles at the base of the erect penises. The smallest of the guys managed to get his penis to bear the weight of three bottles, with aplomb. A modest size did not make him any less stronger than the well endowed guys.
Being seated next to the cash counter, I was directly opposite the bath tub across the stage where three guys did the sensuous bath scene. Whether it was from the effects of raréfaction from the hot moisture raising from the hot tub coupled with the body heat from the three guys inside, I actually thought seeing bigger penises than what was revealed before, or was it because of the effects of my low blood glucose?
Somehow the 'fucking dj' got the music just right that I actually enjoyed the time I was there.

arsenal
August 31st, 2019, 11:57
Nice post dinagram. A good balance between factual journalism and Jackie Collins style hard filthy action. Like it.

christianpfc
August 31st, 2019, 16:13
I enjoyed their show last month, but once per year is enough for me.

However there is one boy in the show, tall, slim, big cock, no tattoos as far as I remember, one earring, does anyone know him? If he were among their regular boys, I would off him, but he is one of the show boys and I don't want to go through all the trouble and expense, unless someone else reports positively.

dinagam
August 31st, 2019, 17:59
There are two new bars at the Venue end of Jomtian opposite one another. Gay bar used to be RR Bar, with hardly any boys and zero customers. I think Dodo Bar is mostly staff by Lao boys with ordinary drinks going for less than 100baht. I had a pot of hot tea with three other customers looking comfortable with familiar boys, before heading to the Venue for their show, with some refreshing numbers and attractive costumes, and a new voluptuous dancer. From my scrutiny she could well be a female, but I could've been misguided. Anyway she alone deserved a tip from me.
The general atmosphere in Pattaya is rather subdued, with fewer patrons, and much reduced frequency of tips handed to the performers compared to last Christmas season.
Dongtan Beach is rather deserted, with the strong winds and turbid waves expected to continue for another couple of days. And the boys are hungry.

Manforallseasons
August 31st, 2019, 19:18
Love the outfits and that red boa!

dinagam
September 1st, 2019, 17:57
Well, speaking of outfits, the trio on the T-shape catwalk stage at Rainbow Club last night caught my attention. Supposedly a BB group (different from the popular one in Boyztown), they appeared like triplets, with nice athletic bodies, dressed only in tight pants and baseball caps, and doing smooth sexy routines. Apart from that, for the 23:50pm show was another trio of ladyboys dressed in exquisite traditional Chinese costumes and dancing to a Chinese number, and receiving strong support from the only group of Chinese patrons, and to a few falang out of about a dozen in total.
There could have been a dozen healthy and quite handsome Cambodian and Thai hosts, taking turns to dance on stage to the best of their ability, some shirtless and with nice masculine bodies. Although the music was a bit loud but it was fun, and the stage well lit. Staff were relaxed and restrained. My bottle of water was 150b.
Off fee quoted 500 baht. The rest up to you and your company.
The setup was disco-like, with high stools and tables. When you put your hands on your knees, you may sometimes feel the crotch of a waiter or staff rubbing against you. Be warned.

dinagam
September 2nd, 2019, 22:09
View of Boyztown from upper terrace of Panorama Pattaya and drinks list.

Nirish guy
September 3rd, 2019, 00:05
So based on today's exchange rates (against Sterling) it appears that even a simple Vodka and Coke or a Gin & Tonic etc is now a whopping £6.22 - and that's just in a normal beer bar.

The days of drinking "cheap" in Thailand are defintely long gone it seems as those prices are no different and probably dearer than some bars in the UK now even - and that doesn't even cover for when bars ( and I'm not suggesting Panorama bar here btw) start to water down the alcohol and or give short measures and kiddy's roller cola cheap coke instead of the real stuff :-(

Wolzek
September 3rd, 2019, 21:00
I enjoyed their show last month, but once per year is enough for me.

However there is one boy in the show, tall, slim, big cock, no tattoos as far as I remember, one earring, does anyone know him? If he were among their regular boys, I would off him, but he is one of the show boys and I don't want to go through all the trouble and expense, unless someone else reports positively.

Yes I think I know what boy you mean. He is also the only boy there I would consider offing last time I was in that bar. He has a small tatoo on the inner side of his right leg, but no other tatoos what I could see. Long nice cock. After the show he was nowhere to be seen, and just as you I wasnt keen on going through the hassle of asking around for him and get answers about "special rate for show model boy" etc so I didnt bother.

dinagam
September 4th, 2019, 14:20
Colorful Morlam concert at Theprasit Road on Sunday.
Supposedly a mini concert, but the were more than fifty dancers and singers, accompanied by a twelve member live band. Entrance 140b, and plastic stool 20b.
Many eye candies.

newalaan2
September 4th, 2019, 22:08
Colorful Morlam concert at Theprasit Road on Sunday.
Supposedly a mini concert, but the were more than fifty dancers and singers, accompanied by a twelve member live band. Entrance 140b, and plastic stool 20b.
Many eye candies.

What a wonderful thread with superb pics 'dinagam', great idea keeping your updates in one place. Much appreciated by those, like myself who are only occasional/regular visitors and are able to keep up to date with at least some of the 'goings-on' there.

All the more-so as my Thailand trip plans this year have been seriously disrupted thanks to fucking Brexit and this was the first year for 2 decades I was unable to visit February/March due to the first Brexit 'crash out' date earlier in the year, meaning I had to be 'on hand' nearer Europe. I did manage a month late April-May but was so busy when I returned home found no time to post a trip report. So I had to forgo my normal June trip also, and decided to make sure I managed my normal October/November trip, so booked that whatever was happening in blighty. No sooner had I booked when it was revealed that we had a Brexit extension to end of October! Fuck it! I decided, come-what-may I'll be in Thailand when that time limit doesn't happen either.

Morlam 'gatherings', one of my favourite Thailand pursuits. A guaranteed gathering of Pattaya's gay lads from across the city all beamed down in one place, with many who don't work the bars or are seen on the gay apps but make themselves available, certainly after a few beers/shots have kicked-in.

latintopxxx
September 5th, 2019, 10:49
what does brexit have to do with you and your ability to travel, not like u r going to be trapped in Asia as a stateless person without a functioning passport...time to get oiver the hype

dinagam
September 5th, 2019, 13:22
On Saturday evening I did a round of Sunee, stopping by Power Boys and Nice Boy.
Although sharing a wall both bars couldn't be poles apart.
Power Boys seemed to maintain as a niche for thin and emaciated lads. Out of the six on stage, only one appeared to be well fed, and were very coy with their possessions. There was just another customer during my stay, where I could only coax one brown skin lad to reveal his sleeping appendage, and on further encouragement, he withdrew to the toilet to return later with bigger tool, but still contained within his boxer short. He deserved a tip, despite being prudish.
On the other hand, Nice Boy was like a scene from saturnalia with several lads at random furiously trying to maintain an erection for all to see. The bar was quite busy around 23:00 surprisingly with small groups of Thais, drunk men as well as older katoeys and limp wrist men who brought along with them food packets and ordering whisky drinks set. I think NB is popular with Thais especially in groups.
My observations are that there's always a falang customer familiar with the boys, and calling out to them for an inspection and taking a whiff, or gamely spanking the exposed derrière. I noticed several new boys in their stable. The new decoration with lilac neon bulbs over the stage made the room to look brighter than before, whereas previously there were spots of shadow along the sofa where you could hide while being naughty.
If only Power Boys would get a few more boys with just a bit of muscles...
I passed by Dragon 789 and it was closed.

Manforallseasons
September 5th, 2019, 13:44
dimgman your observations ring true. The skinny fem boys (yuck) in Power Boys should move to Winner as for Nice Boys it is the best hands on no sissy boy GoGo in Pattaya.

frequent
September 5th, 2019, 14:17
what does brexit have to do with you and your ability to travel, not like u r going to be trapped in Asia as a stateless person without a functioning passport...time to get oiver the hypeHe's signalling that he's indispensable to his employers

Nirish guy
September 5th, 2019, 15:12
He's signalling that he's indispensable to his employers

YOU are assuming in your usual high handed manner that he's "signalling" that he's employed, however did you consider that he may instead actually be self employed ?

If that is the case then its not all that strange that it may have been important that he was "on hand" to oversee any hiccups in his businesses such supply chain problems or providing continuity of service to his clients.

Your pithy comment shows more just your own small mindedness, whereas the OP's shows possible practical issues that just needed dealt with, whether employed or otherwise.

See, that's whats happens Feaaky when you stay teaching Latin to long to errant schoolboys in Texas, you end up with no real experience of how the rest of the world sometimes HAS to work out there in the REAL world ! ;)

frequent
September 6th, 2019, 04:18
YOU are assuming in your usual high handed manner that he's "signalling" that he's employed, however did you consider that he may instead actually be self employed ?)So you're suggesting that someone who is self-employed doesn't have an employer - not even himself? I was rather reminded of someone I once knew well who was, as you say, "self-employed" - although via a company structure so, legally, he wasn't self-employed - whose fellow shareholders found his self-importance so irritating that they paid for him out of their own pockets to spend one month in every three in Thailand. It does make me wonder about someone who claims to be running his own business but spends a lot of time posting about his holidays around the fleshpots

Nirish guy
September 6th, 2019, 20:15
- whose fellow shareholders found his self-importance so irritating that they paid for him out of their own pockets to spend one month in every three in Thailand.

Now THATS the sort of "self" employment I'm up for !!

wildboy
September 10th, 2019, 14:16
Lately the sea water at Dongtan Beach has been crystal clear. I witnessed the greatest concentration of falang tourists together with Asians and local Thais.
I hope the following pics will entice SG to come out of hibernation. We miss you.

the pics are great!

GWMinUS
September 13th, 2019, 11:50
What pics?? Do not see any here... Too bad!!

dinagam
September 15th, 2019, 20:09
What pics?? Do not see any here... Too bad!!

GWMinUS, I think wildboy was referring to post #6.

dinagam
October 26th, 2019, 15:23
Who wouldn't want to be resuscitated by these lifeguards at Dongtan Beach? I certainly would, especially by the tall one.
The sea is calm and the water quite clear. After my previous visit and complaint of the raging waters, I poured libation into the sea in order to appease Poseidon and the gods of the four elements. Prayers answered.
However the he air is very humid and hazy. I think the rainy season is at its tail end.
But I'm glad to be back, especially when sweet Mario (Thai with some Italian blood running in his veins) greeted me and took me to my room and got me settled in a comfortable place. And the swimming pool has a deep end to plunge into.

arsenal
October 27th, 2019, 06:15
Great stuff dinagam. Lets go. Hopefully our already Pattaya centric board becomes even more so as members spend time there over the winter.

Some pools just look more inviting than others and that one looks particularly plungeable.

However, the lifeguards should really be in Speedos and running along the beach, ideally in a slo-mo video with a soundtrack. Something for you to aim for.

dinagam
October 27th, 2019, 12:34
However, the lifeguards should really be in Speedos and...

Actually I did approach their station which was nothing more than two plastic chairs propped up against the retaining wall of the car park. But the tall guy, lean, handsome, and dark as they came, was a sumptuous dish who could easily be an instant star at Nice Boy bar.

arsenal
October 27th, 2019, 14:05
Instant stars at Nice Boys are something of a speciality of mine. In fact I somewhat egotistically consider myself an expert in this matter.

frequent
October 27th, 2019, 15:58
Instant stars at Nice Boys are something of a speciality of mine. In fact I somewhat egotistically consider myself an expert in this matter.You're an inspiration to us all arsenal

arsenal
October 27th, 2019, 16:30
Go for it dinagam.
Smile, tell him you're not a strong swimmer. Then go into the sea, start flailing and shouting and wait for him 'rescue' you. Grab him tightly as he cuddles you into shore.

dinagam
October 27th, 2019, 22:43
Saturday night

The evening began with a brief stop at the Zab Isan show bar on Walking Street located immediately on the right hand side as you enter from Beach Road. A four piece live band with several singers and dancers in original stage costumes. Another set of performers will appear later in the evening to continue into the morning. Very popular with Isaan folks working in Pattaya and the occasional curious falang. Promotional beers at 70b per bottle.

The Venue is currently celebrating their 10th anniversary with a never die vigour. Vibrant shows with new choreography and costumes. No changes in drinks prices. They are still drawing the crowd.

Unfortunately the Rainbow Club was closed for the time being without a sign outside the door.

The best part of the evening was the super vibrant Castro bar in Boyztown, playing to a full house with new routines and sketches. Falang made the majority of happy customers, so happy that two female falang deliberately nudged me. I could only acknowledge their friendly overtures with an equally happy smile and returned my attention to the happenings on stage. I had the suspicion that both The Venue and Castro copied each other from the 7-tier headdresses to ostrich feathers. Somehow neither of them were using the famous red boa.

After a truly satisfying evening as I was finding my way back to the hotel I was then in front of X-boys when all of a sudden I caught the sight of a lad waving in my direction.
It was none other than the lad with the luscious red lips sweet as pomegranate that I was about to savour the second time.

sglad
October 27th, 2019, 23:44
Go for it dinagam.
Smile, tell him you're not a strong swimmer. Then go into the sea, start flailing and shouting and wait for him 'rescue' you. Grab him tightly as he cuddles you into shore.

Give the poor Thai guy a break! He's a lifeguard, not a whale conservationist.

arsenal
October 28th, 2019, 00:11
Now now sglad, that's not very nice. While I'm sure that dinagam is as svelte as I am I do believe that lifeguards are required to take the Hippo-cratic oath. That means they have to save the fuglies as well as the beautiful people such as myself and frequent.

frequent
October 28th, 2019, 04:19
Now now sglad, that's not very nice. While I'm sure that dinagam is as svelte as I am I do believe that lifeguards are required to take the Hippo-cratic oath. That means they have to save the fuglies as well as the beautiful people such as myself and frequent.You’ve left sglad out, arsenal. He resembles a rather striking Arab in appearance

dinagam
October 28th, 2019, 16:10
An afternoon at the beach.

Just a sample pic taken just now. The sun is blazing hot, the air hazy and heavy and the rain clouds are in no hurry to start condensation. Yesterday it started to drizzle in the afternoon and fortunately Dongtan Beach was spared the thunderstorm that struck slightly further inland.

After swimming in the rain with a few other recalcitrant beach goers, my body was pleading for a therapeutic massage. Before I could reach the Thai Blind Massage Jomtian I was lured by the Siren call from a handsome Khmer masseur at Smile massage. The bed was the hardest I've ever been on, and the discomfort was made worse by the thumping rhythms from the Boy Gaga bar next door masking the in house instrumental tunes.
The oil massage was acceptable as the oil used was as fluid as the masseur's role ; 1,000 Bath for either role although he claimed in the beginning to be a top.
I should have used my ear plugs when walking through the alley and kept my bearing straight for the blind therapists.

dinagam
October 30th, 2019, 10:21
It's a great day to be lounging by the pool with no children running around. This is my second hotel this trip.

Last night I caught the 10:30 show at the newly refurbished Boyz3 in Boyztown. White floor tiles and new stage, additional gray stools with back support, apart from the ubiquitous black stools. The sound system was not too loud.
In the beginning all the boys on stage wore full clothes except for a couple of them. There was an Iranian with surprisingly hairless chest in the crowd. My immediate neighbours were two matronly Russian ladies and a small group of similar from China. The bar was about half full and not rowdy at all unlike last Christmas. When the Bboys group performed one could appreciate the effects of the stage light on the young and healthy skin of the performers. Readers please do not despair, for the cocks did come out throughout the evening. It's a trend lately for the performers going around with hats in hand to collect tips.

Manforallseasons
October 30th, 2019, 10:30
Your description of Boy3....gives the distinct impression to avoid it at all costs , that was the same impression I had and I see no reason to return.

dinagam
December 25th, 2019, 19:22
Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence
Thinking of David Bowie
Today many Japanese are following a modern tradition of having meals from KFC during Christmas . I've just had my version of fried chicken.

A rather quiet Christmas in Pattaya with the haze in the air, and subdued activities.
A couple of pictures of Jomtian.

BOY69
December 25th, 2019, 22:11
Which hotel are you staying ?
Boyz Boyz Boyz went downhill no reason to visit there anymore ,half full on high season is
a warning sign to Boyz Town area.

a447
December 26th, 2019, 04:40
Today many Japanese are following a modern tradition of having meals from KFC during Christmas .

I'm in Nagoya at the moment visiting friends and yes, we had KFC for lunch yesterday. Thank god it was only for starters - to maintain the tradition that's been around since the 70s - but then proper food was served.

I would have much preferred a Thai green curry!

dinagam
December 26th, 2019, 07:19
BOY69, I'm currently at Naris Art hotel located between Jomtian and Pattaya. When the hotel was built some thirty years ago, Thapraya road saw very light traffic, unlike today. On the whole a nice place, especially the swimming pool area as you can see in post#101 above. However the balcony walls tend to amplify the noises from the busy road. There is no double glazing to buffer the sounds from outside.

dinagam
December 26th, 2019, 19:24
Boxing day solar eclipse was visible and discernible in Pattaya around noon , with about 20 per cent of the solar disc covered by the moon's passage. The air temperature was pleasant throughout the day and the sunlight had an incandescent chroma. Sunset was especially stunning partly due to the current haze.

My regular masseur at Dongtan Beach only managed to get three customers and remarked and gestured at the fifty percent empty seats in the beach concessions. He was away doing farm work in the province earlier on which did not bring satisfactory profit and was hoping to recoup lost income by coming to Pattaya during the high season.

Except for new year eve, hotel rates are only slightly higher than a month ago, and very competitive rates can be made by booking a day or two before arriving. Agoda is giving 7% discount to VIP members.

Boyztown was brightly lit and decorated, but I had the impression that staff almost outnumbered customers.

Manforallseasons
December 26th, 2019, 21:41
I had Xmas dinner with friends last night at Yupins which was quite busy as were most bars in the complex however, other than the boys I don’t think there was anyone under 65 years old and most considerably older.

dinagam
December 28th, 2019, 09:20
I'm now staying in a small hotel just across the road from Dongtan Beach. What a splendid luck to get a room there this week. Now I don't have to use the songtheow to get to the beach. The view from my room is great- Dongtan Beach and the sea. As early as 6:30am the workers at the chair concessions are already busy preparing their compound and some residents and tourists can be seen doing their brisk walk or morning jog.

I spotted the most sensuous male dancer at Isaan Zab live music club on Walking street, and this time the music was quite raunchy and entertaining. He's the one behind the singers, in Sexy tight pants and see-through net singlet. What a looker too. I found him more entertaining than the shows at go-go bars.

Two nights ago I caught the show at The Venue. Their Christmas theme included a medley of songs and sketches revolving around the Dickensian characters representing Scrooge, orphans, thieves and scoundrels, and perpetual hunger and the glorification of food. It was a good production with rich costumes and choreography, and I believe from the input of the falang owner of the place. The red boa is back, this time bigger and more sumptuous.

True to MFAS observations I also noticed a great number of old people including falang gay couples. On the beach I kept on coming across old women in strapless bikinis enjoying perhaps the last period of their times in this short life.

latintopxxx
December 28th, 2019, 16:19
dinagam...care to let us know what hotel? I used to stay at Tui's and loved it but ever since they split up its not as good so am looking for something reasonably priced on the beach

lonelywombat
December 28th, 2019, 16:32
I had Xmas dinner with friends last night at Yupins which was quite busy as were most bars in the complex however, other than the boys I don’t think there was anyone under 65 years old and most considerably older.

They knew you were coming and tried to make you feel comfortable. They could not match your age but tried.

Manforallseasons
December 28th, 2019, 17:29
They knew you were coming and tried to make you feel comfortable. They could not match your age but tried.

Though the dinner was nothing special with the exception of the Xmas pudding the owner did his best to make sure all the customers were indeed “comfortable “!

dinagam
December 28th, 2019, 20:27
dinagam...care to let us know what hotel?

Salut latin, ça va ?

BB House is opposite the parking of Dongtan beach, next to the Sandbar, a newly refurbished guesthouse with comfortable rooms on four floors, and with good air-conditioning and strong hot showers, grainy TV reception which didn't distract me when watching French TV cartoons. Those with mobility issues will struggle with the three flights of stairs to the rooms on the top floor as there is no lift. There is a narrow but long enough swimming pool for doing laps. There are no room safety boxes, so you need to bring a padlock to secure your jewels near the reception. Staff are laid back and discreet. No problem with guests carrying valid IDs. Finally there is a hairdryer to tame my locks after spending a whole day at the beach. On the whole it is good enough for me.

Moses
December 28th, 2019, 21:22
Salut latin, ça va ?

BB House is opposite the parking of Dongtan beach, next to the Sandbar, a newly refurbished guesthouse with comfortable rooms on four floors, and with good air-conditioning and strong hot showers, grainy TV reception which didn't distract me when watching French TV cartoons. Those with mobility issues will struggle with the three flights of stairs to the rooms on the top floor as there is no lift. There is a narrow but long enough swimming pool for doing laps. There are no room safety boxes, so you need to bring a padlock to secure your jewels near the reception. Staff are laid back and discreet. No problem with guests carrying valid IDs. Finally there is a hairdryer to tame my locks after spending a whole day at the beach. On the whole it is good enough for me.

I promote this place few years already. Cheap, good, just on the beach.

For thus who has mobility problem - they have rooms at second building (behind main) where on the first floor you can enter to your room right from garden.

Alongside with pool they have villas. They are modern, but rooms are a little bit small. Also problem - kids in the pool by mornings. They cry a lot.

Daveuk
December 28th, 2019, 23:53
Dinagam - thanks for that report. I attended the Venue show in November and found it rather good, as you did with their Christmas one.
Regarding the old ladies you encountered with strapless bikinis, if they were on our gay beach I hope you advised them to go to another area !. (Just Joking)

latintopxxx
December 29th, 2019, 02:12
thanks dinagam,

dinagam
December 29th, 2019, 23:31
Never before seen at The Venue or since the legendary Josephine Baker of Paris Moulin Rouge fame !
Feather muff to hide the modesty, only just.
I'm yet to visit Sunee. I guess I'm not missing those wankers after all.

dinagam
December 30th, 2019, 14:05
The sun is shining brightly and with the cool breeze everyone seems to be happy. The coconut grove at Dongtan Beach has a semblance of a tropical Russian refugee compound with three generations travelling in a unit. Just let them have their vodkas and there will be world peace.
The chaos has just started leading to the ultimate day of the year.
Unfortunately the sea water is not as crystal clear as last Christmas.

dinagam
December 30th, 2019, 23:00
Pattaya Balihai pier pre-countdown New Year concert. The Thais have descended in droves and are having a great time. It's nice to be young again.

dinagam
January 1st, 2020, 00:20
Happy New Year 2020 tout le monde.
About 97,359 revellers descended on the Balihai Pier to welcome the new year with live bands performance and a fireworks finale. As is typical of Thailand the first salvo started ten minutes before midnight - a case of premature ejaculation - and it went on for fifteen minutes on a hot and humid evening without a whisper of sea breeze from the bay. This is a first experience for moi in ushering the new year in Pattaya. Last year and several times before that I did it in Bangkok.

gerefan2
January 1st, 2020, 01:00
And Boyztown New Years Eve ...white party.
Apologies for the poor quality.

Nirish guy
January 1st, 2020, 01:26
Happy new year !

Sad state of affairs mind you that in the last pic the first thing you see ( in Boystown) are women and children :-( A bit of a change from previous years there perhaps :-( And what's worse is that the women MAY even be LESBIANS ! lol

dinagam
January 1st, 2020, 08:17
Something to ponder...

frequent
January 1st, 2020, 08:20
And what's worse is that the women MAY even be LESBIANS ! lolAre they more or less threatening to males who have sex with other males than bisexual women? At least lesbians aren't competitors

Nirish guy
January 1st, 2020, 09:23
it's nothing to do with sex, they're generally just more or less more threatening full stop usually, especially if the barman serves you first at the bar when you know they were there before you know even though it wasn't your fault "apparently" ! :)

poshglasgow
January 2nd, 2020, 20:39
Something to ponder...

My God, why do I get a vision of a team of inquisitive young footballers venturing into that lady-cave, never to be found again.
The dog looks terrified!
"Madam, how can I tell you I love you when you're sitting on my face!"
Jesus, it's just ghastly. I hear a song by Queen....!

poshglasgow
January 2nd, 2020, 20:44
Happy new year !

Sad state of affairs mind you that in the last pic the first thing you see ( in Boystown) are women and children :-( A bit of a change from previous years there perhaps :-( And what's worse is that the women MAY even be LESBIANS ! lol

That was my first reaction too, NI G.
How times have changed. I hate it when human centipedes wind their curious, cautious way through BT, their cameras avidly filming "The Gays"!
And...don't get me started on women in gay go-go bars!!! Hate it!

dinagam
January 2nd, 2020, 21:45
I escaped from Pattaya to Bangkok on an urgent business and stayed overnight in Silom on the first of January.
Some general impressions :
Very light traffic on Silom Road.
Prime massage was turning away customers without prior appointments ; could be partly due to some staff still being in the state of inebriation.
Most massage shops were very busy in the early evening.
Luckily I managed to get a nice masseur to loosen up the stiff joints and muscles at Urban Thai Spa located opposite Le Meridian on Suriwong Road, having to wait for just ten minutes for my turn.
There were great numbers of young Chinese and Japanese males visiting Silom,and a good number of them were athletic six footers with nice skeletal frames.
As I was solely focused on Fresh Boys bar, I'm not able to comment on the other joints.
The shower scene was well underway when I entered and was seated right in front of the stage. Customers flow was good and the bar was almost always full. The staff were having their hands full. A bottle of water was 400 baht. Japanese made a large proportion of the visitors including bashful and blushing young women.
From close range I was able to stare at the guns belonging to a contingent of Vietnamese men on stage together with a sprinkling of Myanmar, Khmer, and Thai or Lao combatants. After having slammed their appendages on a metal pole they came down to approach the audience. Since I was seated right in the first row I had to gamely allow a couple of them to straddle my left thigh while at the same time thrusting their cocks at my face. On the whole customers were not being generous with the tip.

I witnessed a clash of culture between a Japanese man and a Vietnamese waiter. The waiter had spread out all the bills paid by the customer on the table and indicated that the customer has overpaid. The Japanese man happily took back the 500 baht note. Thereupon the waiter asked for a tip and the customer gave him a blank look with which the waiter could no longer hide his disappointment. Here it's being taken for granted by the Japanese customer that the drink prices encompass the general services expected in the establishment. I recall being given a full bow by a Japanese waiter when leaving a restaurant after a meal. Over here you may get just a simple wai.

On to a bit of gossip from an insider who has been in the Gay industry for years. Rumours of the likely closure of Silom soi 4 in about two years for redevelopment of the area. So enjoy it while you still can.

I'm now back in Pattaya which is currently is as hot and humid as Bangkok. To the sea, to the glorious sea...

Nirish guy
January 3rd, 2020, 05:43
To the sea, to the glorious sea...

?? But I thought you said you were going back to Pattaya !?? :-)

frequent
January 3rd, 2020, 05:48
?? But I thought you said you were going back to Pattaya !?? :-)Possibly thinking of se-men?

Blueskytoday
January 3rd, 2020, 06:30
A bar full of bashful Japanese OR Chinese woman...SAD...I liked the bars years ago when it was for GAYS..
I don't need to be beside a group of straight woman in a gay bar..Ruins it.....JUST ME

dinagam
January 3rd, 2020, 10:50
Jomtian Complex was still quite busy yesterday evening after the show at M2M bar and cabaret, my first trip ever, and is a strong competition for The Venue and Castro bar.
The half a dozen young and small male dancers together with about an equal number of ladyboys gave a very lively performance with some customers acting as impromptu props, playing to mostly kind falang easy with their tips being 65 years old and older. There was a group of young Japanese in the audience who took in the show very well especially when a Japanese number was included in the repertoire.
Seating is comfortable and the views of stage relatively unhindered. Soft drinks are 150b and cocktails 250b. Other stiff drinks are priced around 200b.
Passing by the other bars appeared busy but clearly the boys far outnumbered the ageing customers.

dinagam
January 3rd, 2020, 11:08
A bar full of bashful Japanese OR Chinese woman...SAD...I liked the bars years ago when it was for GAYS..
I don't need to be beside a group of straight woman in a gay bar..Ruins it.....JUST ME

The Japanese or others coming in mixed groups are only noticeable during the year end holidays. At other times the older males show up individually. Their presence is good for the industry. I prefer the boys to be in the bars and get fed and the bars continue to exist. Thailand is nothing without the Gay bars even if we have to share the boys with people of the other sex.

frequent
January 3rd, 2020, 11:52
The Japanese or others coming in mixed groups are only noticeable during the year end holidays. At other times the older males show up individually. Their presence is good for the industry.My experience of sex with Japanese men is that they're total animals - and I mean that in a good way
I prefer the boys to be in the bars and get fed and the bars continue to existI prefer the boys to be online, and the rapacious gogo bar industry with its outrageous off fees and greedy mamasans to be gone. Freelancers in bars such as Telephone Bar are exempt from that as there's no middle man

Brad the Impala
January 3rd, 2020, 14:56
Thailand is nothing without the Gay bars...........

Wow!

dinagam
January 3rd, 2020, 15:22
Another great day!
Jomtian Beach is relatively free of plastic bags since the implementation to phase out the use of plastic bags in the new year.
Next time you go to 7-eleven you need to bring your own shopping bag.

Nirish guy
January 4th, 2020, 00:36
Just for clarity is that to be a TOTAL phasing out and nno selling of plastic bags under ANY circumstances then now or just that you'll have to now pay for them if you do decide to use them. As if a total phasing out I assume they'll then sell suitable reusable (non) plastic bags in place of the others ( says he thinking how the hell am I getting my wine and beer back to Mosaik so easily now ! !?

frequent
January 4th, 2020, 03:57
Just for clarity is that to be a TOTAL phasing out and nno selling of plastic bags under ANY circumstances then now or just that you'll have to now pay for them if you do decide to use them. As if a total phasing out I assume they'll then sell suitable reusable (non) plastic bags in place of the others ( says he thinking how the hell am I getting my wine and beer back to Mosaik so easily now ! !?As in many countries now it’s “single-use” plastic bags, not all plastic bags. My fervent hope is that 7-11 will cease handing out free plastic straws every time someone buys a drink but I suspect that’s a vain hope

dinagam
January 4th, 2020, 12:02
I assume they'll then sell suitable reusable (non) plastic bags in place of the others ( says he thinking how the hell am I getting my wine and beer back to Mosaik so easily now ! !?

At 7-eleven they don't have plastic bags at all, however they're selling small cloth bags for 10b each.
For a three day supply of booze I suggest that you use this trolley bag. Your back will thank you for it.

dinagam
January 4th, 2020, 12:08
My fervent hope is that 7-11 will cease handing out free plastic straws every time someone buys a drink but I suspect that’s a vain hope

Some people have been abusing plastic drinking straws for too long, like Inserting them in to the urethral opening. They deserve a small disciplinary fine.

Nirish guy
January 4th, 2020, 18:47
For a three day supply of booze I suggest that you use this trolley bag.

If you think that I'm running back and forward to the shop 7 times just for that you've another thing coming ! :-)

frequent
January 4th, 2020, 22:42
If you think that I'm running back and forward to the shop 7 times just for that you've another thing coming ! :-)Probably best to avoid Thailand altogether

dinagam
January 4th, 2020, 22:45
The rainbow flag belonging to a fit seventy year old man reflecting the sunlight during sunset, and he swam with strong and steady strokes, an inspiration to older beach goers.
Two surfboarders can be seen fleeting above the surface of the sea.
The orange ball took about two minutes to be completely swallowed by the ocean after hitting the horizon between the sky and the sea. A truly stunning view.

frequent
January 5th, 2020, 08:21
If you think that I'm running back and forward to the shop 7 times just for that you've another thing coming ! :-)Here you go NIrish - http://www.khaosodenglish.com/life/2020/01/02/nationwide-plastic-bag-ban-forces-customers-to-adapt/ - adapt or die (the theory of evolution at work)

sglad
January 5th, 2020, 11:53
Probably best to avoid Thailand altogether

As you have all these years.

frequent
January 5th, 2020, 12:12
As you have all these years.On Monday I start class with the Latin second declension. You'll recall that includes the word "catamitus"

Nirish guy
January 5th, 2020, 17:49
Probably best to avoid Thailand altogether

I fear you missed my point which wasn’t about no plastic bags Per se but more about how it might take me 7 trips a day or more to stock up on three days worth of alcohol when staying ! ( I was joking btw .... as around 4 usually covers it :-)

goji
January 5th, 2020, 18:06
At 7-eleven they don't have plastic bags at all, however they're selling small cloth bags for 10b each.
For a three day supply of booze I suggest that you use this trolley bag. Your back will thank you for it.

The wheels on that look like they will not last 5 minutes on Thailand's shitty pavement surfaces.

Northern Irish should delegate his alcohol transport to his boy of the day. Something like this should suffice:

Nirish guy
January 5th, 2020, 18:12
Northern Irish should delegate his alcohol transport to his boy of the day. Something like this should suffice:

Now you've got it Goji ! :-) That's exactly more the type of delivery service I was thinking of ! :)

frequent
January 5th, 2020, 18:20
Now you've got it Goji ! :-) That's exactly more the type of delivery service I was thinking of ! :)I'm thinking that a catchy brand name such as Uber Guys might be useful in several contexts

arsenal
January 5th, 2020, 18:47
Goji wrote.
"Northern Irish should delegate his alcohol transport to his boy of the day. Something like this should suffice: "

The above statement suggests very strongly that the attached image is of a boy. The good membership therefore will no doubt side with my disappointment when I switched from 'default mobile' mode to full site only to be greeted by a photo of a delivery truck. Goji, you owe me one glossy photo of a hot Thai boy. Thank you.

frequent
January 5th, 2020, 19:37
I fear you missed my point which wasn’t about no plastic bags Per se but more about how it might take me 7 trips a day or more to stock up on three days worth of alcohol when staying ! ( I was joking btw .... as around 4 usually covers it :-)If points are being missed ... You've forgotten the first Rule Of Frequent - everything's a joke unless there's incontrovertible evidence to the contrary. I suppose it's a difficult concept to understand that there are some people who find it impossible to take themselves seriously but the elite for whom I write grasp it instinctively

Nirish guy
January 6th, 2020, 00:15
I suppose it's a difficult concept to understand that there are some people who find it impossible to take themselves seriously

Oh don't worry I doubt that many of us have ever taken you seriously, in any way, ever.......... :-p

gerefan2
January 6th, 2020, 00:35
... You've forgotten the first Rule Of Frequent - everything's a joke....

Laughing stock, more like.

dinagam
January 6th, 2020, 10:08
One evening I had a good laugh at Boriram massage located next to Dicks Cafe Jomtian. At the end of a heightened activity during an oil massage, sweet Phon felt for his right temple and realised that a drop of ejaculate had landed there. It was so funny how he mimed the message to me that I immediately started giggling like a school girl and soon burst into outright laughter for all the neighbours to hear, very hilarious indeed.
Sweet Phon (Sophon), a Khmer, reminded me of Sophot, the spouse of our venerable member in Hua Hin. They probably shared a great grandmother twenty generations ago.
It's difficult to get a massage as a walk in customer at Jomtian Blind Massage because of popular demand. The naughty massage joints however are able to accommodate pedestrians passing by for impromptu services.

Nirish guy
January 7th, 2020, 02:34
. It's difficult to get a massage as a walk in customer at Jomtian Blind Massage because of popular demand.

I can’t think why mind you, I thought it was crap when I tried it - and as for the happy ending, well ...... ( ok the last part I’m joking but honestly the actual message I doubt I’d go back even if free as it just felt awkward and uncomfortable.

lonelywombat
January 7th, 2020, 08:06
I can’t think why mind you, I thought it was crap when I tried it - and as for the happy ending, well ...... ( ok the last part I’m joking but honestly the actual message I doubt I’d go back even if free as it just felt awkward and uncomfortable.

My first and last visit was early last year. I walked in asked for a massage and was impressed with the handsome man supplied.
I thought they were all blind . Obviously he is not.

We went to our room and there was another in the room as well. I wondered if the chance would come as my masseur looked good.
Then the other party was finished and I found it was a woman.
I was not prepared to invite my guy to proceed, even if he would as I was not prepared for another to walk in

Speaking to others who claim all massages are in seperate rooms, I had to disagree. It was set up with two tables.Maybe they were busy but will not be returning to find out.

goji
January 7th, 2020, 08:08
Goji wrote.
"Northern Irish should delegate his alcohol transport to his boy of the day. Something like this should suffice: "

The above statement suggests very strongly that the attached image is of a boy. The good membership therefore will no doubt side with my disappointment when I switched from 'default mobile' mode to full site only to be greeted by a photo of a delivery truck. Goji, you owe me one glossy photo of a hot Thai boy. Thank you.

The picture I envisaged would be something like no 11 at Cupidol, wearing a tiny white G-string and carrying a case of wine down the street. However, I couldn't find anything remotely close to that.

Nirish guy
January 7th, 2020, 14:44
However, I couldn't find anything remotely close to that.

He he Im sure I have some version of that very pic somewhere if I could be bothered to look hard enough ( which I can't!) ! :-)

dinagam
January 8th, 2020, 21:32
Epilogue

I spent a total of eleven nights in Thailand during the recent Christmas and New Year break from work. On the whole it was quite satisfying but could have been better if the haze was lighter and the humidity lower than what I had expected.
This season I especially enjoyed the shows at the cabaret bars for the rich costumes and general talents of the performers, encouraged by spontaneous, appreciative, and often generous audiences, a mix of old and young polyglots of various genders, in holiday mood.
I missed out on Sunee completely, and hope to read arsenal's forthcoming tantalising report.

Just a few things miffed me because of big numbers of people in general :

My favourite ice cream and fresh coconut were practically out of stock on several consecutive days from my regular 7-eleven and fruit stall.
Songtheows were full when you needed them.
You waited longer than usual for your meal.
Massage shops were busy.

On the positive side, Dreamboys bar has resumed their sexy shows, albeit with fewer boys. I was once again reunited with X-boys' lad of luscious red lips sweet as pomegranate. When I dropped by at Cupidol Bar before going to the show at Castro, most of their boys have been taken off, good going for them.

One of the highlights of this trip was attending the live concert on two consecutive evenings at Balihai pier and the fireworks on new year eve. I think in future I will avoid the huge crowds around Christmas and the new year in Thailand.

arsenal
January 8th, 2020, 22:44
Dinagam wrote.
"I missed out on Sunee completely, and hope to read arsenal's forthcoming tantalising report."

Delighted you had a great time and my condolences for the ice cream scandal.

It's unlikely I'll do another travelogue on my forthcoming visit. It's saucy postcard boys-on-bikes stuff. And it loses any appeal when you have frequent posting the vile shit he's been allowed to write in Marsilius' otherwise wonderful narrative.

sglad
January 13th, 2020, 16:49

It's unlikely I'll do another travelogue on my forthcoming visit. It's saucy postcard boys-on-bikes stuff. And it loses any appeal when you have frequent posting the vile shit he's been allowed to write in Marsilius' otherwise wonderful narrative.

Don't be silly, arsenal. You should know by now not to let frequent goad you. He targets those who are having the most fun in Thailand as evidenced by your popular travelogues and trip reports. He is clearly envious of you, gerefan2, lonelywombat, Marsilius, kittyboy and a few others for being on the ground in Thailand and having a good time and generously sharing it with us. He, on the other hand, has never been to Thailand and sits in his Sydney home all day trawling and trolling the WWW and watching TV while inhaling smoke from the bushfires. He strikes me as someone with no friends and family and for whatever reason doesn't get to leave his home much. He hasn't posted in a few days - probably has been evacuated. I hope he is safe and out of harm's way.